Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,086 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11710325 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) (3663) (3664) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:36am On May 24, 2018
Russian-Born Idowu Obtains Nigerian Passport, Cleared To Represent Eagles At World Cup

Amkar Perm defender Brian Idowu has obtained a Nigerian passport, paving the way for him to represent the Super Eagles at the 2018 World Cup in his country of birth, Russia.

Brian's dad is a Nigerian while his mom has dual nationality and hails from Imo State, South Eastern Nigeria.

It is not illegal for Idowu to obtain a Nigerian passport but he must inform the Russian authorities within 60 days of receiving the document.

''Brian Idowu already has a Nigerian passport, even before we played Argentina in November in a friendly, '' a top source told
allnigeriasoccer.com .
''He has had it a long time ago, it expired and he got it renewed.''

Fifa's 2018 World Cup regulations state that the only document considered to be valid proof of a player’s identity and
nationality shall be a passport that explicitly states the player’s day, month and year of birth.
Identity cards or other supporting official documents shall not be accepted as a valid means of identification.

Nigeria will face Argentina on June 26, 2018 in Saint Petersburg, and it is thought that the locals will be rooting for one of their own, Brian Idowu, who was born in the city.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27862

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 21 days 5hours 23 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:38am On May 24, 2018
tbaba1234:

That is what centuries of subjugation, racism and colonialism does to you. Anti-blackness is everywhere.

Bleaching creams to me are the worst manifestations. I see black people that i grew up with, changing their skin to look fairer. I saw a picture of a cousin that i grew up with and i did not recognize her. It is an epidemic especially amongst females. Everyone is bleaching their skin. They use different names for it .

When i had my child, someone asked my wife if the baby is 'fair'?? Seriously?? How is that an important question? It will take a decades of reorientation to rid ourselves of that inferiority complex.

Where I am @, they call it "yellowbone" grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:39am On May 24, 2018
Afobear:
Nigerian team is wack and I can't wait to see the festival of goals they will concede this mundial . If you like all you beer parlour analysts here ,you can' quote me and say shit but I will never gratify you by replying you

spotted a troll

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:43am On May 24, 2018
chrisooblog:
yet fuchs who was rubbish in the bundesliga became a champion in his first season with leicester in the ''tough EPL'' go figure

Your clutching at straws to make a point, was he among the top 10 performing players in Leicester did he ever win one MOTM award. Was he a stand out player in the EPL.

He is one of the most capped players for Austria and a stand out player in the Bundesliga with near 200 games over 7 years. And you called him Rubbish.

You are being mischievously misleading.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:51am On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

but can also lead the line too, Wayne rooney is a perfect example
Oga that's not true. Rooney is a number nine. Muller and Kaka are examples.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:52am On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

why is all ypur argument about kayode and always attacking some group of players, i wish i could turn blind eyes on it but is really disturbing.

how can a young boy of 19 be called a flop by you, brother man change your ways

What's the unit of measurement, Nigerian youth international winning multiple accolades.

Currently playing in the Eerste Divisie the lowly second tier of the Dutch football leagues. One of the easiest places to score goals among the top 20 leagues in Europe. A goal tally of 5 for the season is below average for a AM it's certainly not enough to justify a call up to the SE.

Compared to other teenagers is he in the top 100 in Europe very far from it. So if that's what you call progression what then is failure
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:58am On May 24, 2018
chrisooblog:
why wasn't kayode getting good game in girona if he was good enough?

how come no better club in the top 5 leagues noticed his ability but he had to go to a backwater league where he didn't pull stuffs

Ukraine league is rated No. 7 in Europe I wouldn't call it backwater.

Then add to it Shatter Donetsk a club with true European champions league pedigree.

He has actually made upward progression. Then to be winning MOTM awards in that league as well. He has performed much better than many who have been invited. He clearly deserves a call up. Add to that he is versatile can play on the wings with good pace.

I really do not see any rational reason why he shouldn't have been invited players in a few friendlies to have a good look at what he can offer.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:01am On May 24, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

That's rubbish forgiveness has promoted plenty non-Yoruba players please let us stick to football.

AGREED WITHOUT RESERVATION
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:17am On May 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Mikel Obi had some time with the Nigerian fans on twitter... just finished watching all his clips in answer to some of the many questions Nigerians asked him.

A true captain indeed. Enjoyed every bit of it.

#SoarSuperEagles
oga post here na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Russian-Born Idowu Obtains Nigerian Passport, Cleared To Represent Eagles At World Cup

Amkar Perm defender Brian Idowu has obtained a Nigerian passport, paving the way for him to represent the Super Eagles at the 2018 World Cup in his country of birth, Russia.

Brian's dad is a Nigerian while his mom has dual nationality and hails from Imo State, South Eastern Nigeria.

It is not illegal for Idowu to obtain a Nigerian passport but he must inform the Russian authorities within 60 days of receiving the document.

''Brian Idowu already has a Nigerian passport, even before we played Argentina in November in a friendly, '' a top source told
allnigeriasoccer.com .
''He has had it a long time ago, it expired and he got it renewed.''

Fifa's 2018 World Cup regulations state that the only document considered to be valid proof of a player’s identity and
nationality shall be a passport that explicitly states the player’s day, month and year of birth.
Identity cards or other supporting official documents shall not be accepted as a valid means of identification.

Nigeria will face Argentina on June 26, 2018 in Saint Petersburg, and it is thought that the locals will be rooting for one of their own, Brian Idowu, who was born in the city.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27862

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 21 days 5hours 23 mins to go
I love this guy's first game for Nigeria. He was wonderful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:20am On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

My point is that, with the kinda smart coaches like pep and klopp and intelligent players like kross,mikel, alonso and modric teams playing that system will be buried
You can't be too sure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21am On May 24, 2018
Liar! Even Russia is rated above Ukraine. Ukraine sits in number 8 not 7.

Holland is no. 14 and rated ahead of over 35 other leagues IN Europe.

And these lies you guys keep spreading about MOTM awards won by kayode IN Ukraine...... Please... With three goals and 2 or 3 assists... How many exactly did he win!? Just imagine the lies thwsw lots want us to swallow. I only know about one.... But you guys make it look like he's Ben tearing up the Ukrainian league... Na WA for these lies.
You can cook up half truths to hype kayode but will turn a blind eye to his goals return all season ooooo.... About his poor return in LA Liga.

But if it is Nacho you will easily change perspective. You mister are a joke.

A real ass joke.

komekn:

Ukraine league is rated No. 7 in Europe I wouldn't call it backwater.

Then add to it Shatter Donetsk a club with true European champions league pedigree.

He has actually made upward progression. Then to be winning MOTM awards in that league as well. He has performed much better than many who have been invited. He clearly deserves a call up. Add to that he is versatile can play on the wings with good pace.

I really do not see any rational reason why he shouldn't have been invited players in a few friendlies to have a good look at what he can offer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
You're right. But plays behind the other striker.
What of Africa's own missing XI?

The previous one I consider it for only Europe's missing XI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:23am On May 24, 2018
asha80:
you know pep played something similar when he was barca..certainly not up to 6 players but whenever they lost the ball barca players seems to chase down the opponent with the ball in 2s and 3s like terriers until they got possession back
Rinus Michels - - - Johan Cruyff - - - - Gaurdiola

Gaurdiola incorporated aspects of Dutch football into his footballing philosophy having been under the tutelage of Cruyff while at Barca

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:24am On May 24, 2018
Martz101:

we know you are happy but please don't turn to a prince boateng
why the statement?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:25am On May 24, 2018
AIG07:
I'll advise we stop quoting those folks who come in and run the team down. Wishing the team some kind of ill luck.

There is nothing anyone here can say that will change their mind. It's already made up. Giving them attention will only bring their fellows out of hiding and you guys won't like it when they flock in.

They are many on nairaland. Front page topics testifies to this. Imagine some one saying Atletico Madrid will whip Nigeria 10-0 etc. Most of them are ignorant and they do not know. One was even asking why Yakubu was not on the team list and so on.

So their is no way you can convince someone who does not believe in himself to believe others. It's very simple.
Ignore them and watch the kidults squirm and wriggle cos attention is all they seek.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:41am On May 24, 2018
realpoacher:

You are an idiot

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 11:46am On May 24, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

The only place JayJay is a global icon is on a playstation.

When even the likes of Kanu, Ikpeba,Oliseh and Finidi are sitting, JayJay can hang around...but he has to seat at a different table.

just had to weigh in on this...I think you are just comfortable spilling untrue facts about Jay-jay...the number one name almost any soccer loving fan abroad ask me about is Jay-jay..especially those middle eastern guys, they know more about him than most of us do..

He might not have won African best but his brand of football is the reason he is being rmbered..ppl just enjoyed his game..he is a true global icon..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:48am On May 24, 2018
Kelechi Nwakali was named among the top 50 best teens in 2017 according to Marca. He was no. 46 on the list.

So what nonsense are you Saying Ohh thou clueless one?

Also he was picked to be Arsenal's best loaner from last season before the 2017/2018 season. This is why he had to be sent back to MVV for much more playing time to continue his rise and debt since VVV were not giving him enough playing time this past season.

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/kelechi-nwakali-named-arsenals-most-outstanding-loanee/

And uhmmm abeg... Iniesta is an Am and CM.... How many goals him get for LA liga this season?cheesy
You are so so clueless about Nwakali. A midfielder is judged more by his contributions to team plays and his influence on his team 's style and their organisation and flows in the middle and how well he links the midfield to the attack (for DMs it is about how well they protect the back four and serve as the team' s anchorman) .. Goals are a bonus for the MF.

Nwakali laid on several 'second assists' for MVV (passes that lead to assists or what is called the pass before the final pass or assist before the assist)and was magical every time he scored..... His goal against Oblak was Not the first time he was unleashing such magic. He also did it for MVV this past season. I saw that game. This kid even scored on his eredivisie debut before returning to MVV.

It is obvious you are blind to these truths and know nothing of what you say. Speak on what you know abeg Mr Southgate.... Like giving us a few banters about what is happening AT St. George's Park where your darling team The Three Lions are based. cheesy

komekn:

What's the unit of measurement, Nigerian youth international winning multiple accolades.

Currently playing in the Eerste Divisie the lowly second tier of the Dutch football leagues. One of the easiest places to score goals among the top 20 leagues in Europe. A goal tally of 5 for the season is below average for a AM it's certainly not enough to justify a call up to the SE.

Compared to other teenagers is he in the top 100 in Europe very far from it. So if that's what you call progression what then is failure

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 11:52am On May 24, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

If you weren't Nigerian or aren't of a certain age bracket (25 and above) you probably wouldn't even have heard of him.

The club's he played for were entrant Frankfurt, fernabache, psg, Bolton and hull.

you'd need to have pretty niche football knowledge to know a player who played at these middling clubs in the 90s and mid naughties.

This statement really shows you have never left the shores of nigeria..it seems you have no idea the kind of respect jayjay commands abroad..

Trust me I was also frustrated with some of his showboating in his early years and then I realized how ppl praise him to high heaven abroad..I just had to join to sung his praise when you see a white man and even soccer loving Chinese man praise this guy, that was when I realized how much of a true global icon he was..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 11:55am On May 24, 2018
bengine:

This statement really shows you have never left the shores of nigeria..it seems you have no idea the kind of respect jayjay commands abroad..

Trust me I was also frustrated with some of his showboating in his early years and then I realized how ppl praise him to high heaven abroad..I just had to join to sung his praise when you see a white man and even soccer loving Chinese man praise this guy, that was when I realized how much of a true global icon he was..
The person you're talking to is a British permanent resident.
I rest my case.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:59am On May 24, 2018
elyte89:

OK,if u say so,but what's ur verdict does nwakali jnr deserves a call up to russia18 cool?
So you can a see that Rohr was right in inviting him the other time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:00pm On May 24, 2018
kai.. take it easy na...

some section of us here think the club or league a player plays for automatically determines who they are better or worse than.. for me, it's not absolute. K. Nwakali showed us he is a special talent. Even Ejaria could not have pulled that against Atleti two days ago.

TheSuperNerd:
Your bullcrap talk on K.Nwakali stinks. Discuss something else mister. You are clueless on this one.

First of all, he is 19. Second of all, he is a midfielder... not a forward player. Plays AM and CM.

And you can keep harping rubbish about him using the team to bolster his career. Did he invite himself? You really are giving this little kid a lot of credit... you think he is that influential to force himself on the coaching crew? You really talk bollocks for one who claims to know so much. Mister... take a bloody hike!

Your pessimism and half-truths syndrome is stinking up the whole place. Rubbish.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:01pm On May 24, 2018
grin
kennysville:

Where I am @, they call it "yellowbone" grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:09pm On May 24, 2018
Ndidi Still Undergoing Special Training, Brighton Newbie Balogun & Joel Obi Looking Sharp
Published: May 24, 2018

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Leicester City star Wilfred Ndidi is on the road to full recovery and is expected to resume full training with the national team in the coming days.

The defensive midfielder jogged with the Super Eagles players at the start of Thursday morning's training session at
Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

Ndidi was with the team for about ten minutes before he went on special training, he did some stretching exercises and ran on the sidelines but did not take part in the eleven-a-side practice game.

There are no more question marks surrounding the fitness of Torino midfielder Joel Obi and Brighton & Hove newbie Leon Balogun as both players participated in full training and looked sharp.

Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa and Bursaspor defender Abdullahi Shehu who reported for international duty on Wednesday have not been named in the stating line-up for the ongoing practice game.

Whilst Dele Ajiboye and Daniel Akpeyi were training with the goalkeeper coaches, Francis Uzoho and Ikechukwu Ezenwa were in goal for the practice match.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--ANS
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 12:13pm On May 24, 2018
TheCongo2:

Some years back, Ebola was in Nigeria. Nevertheless, the Super Eagle went to play in Congo Brazzaville. Did they infect the Congolese people?

Bro, I am not saying we should cancel the match, just asking what the awareness, prevention and safeguard levels are, knowing how unorganized and lackadaisical the health industry is in Nigeria and Africa at Large.

I know you are worried about the image of your nation but be honest are you not worried yourself ? 2 infections in 2 opposite parts of a very busy port city(the one that connects Congo to West Africa) of over a million people and WHO is already losing the battle to contain it ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:29pm On May 24, 2018
How you wan take drop fit and sharp Joel Obi....I just dey laugh. Joel is definitely going to the world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:30pm On May 24, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
New Arsenal Boss Emery Advised To Offload Iwobi, Cech, Ozil
May 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Tony Cascarino has urged new Arsenal manager Unai Emery to get rid of the Nigeria forward Alex Iwobi and eight other players at the club.

Emery was named as Arsenal manager on Wednesday to replace Arsene Wenger who left the position at the end of the season.
Former Chelsea star Cascarino believes the 22 year old is limited.

“I don’t think he will ever be a top-four player, which is what Arsenal need,” Cascarino told The Times.co.uk regarding Iwobi.

Hector Bellerin, Petr Cech, Shkodran Mustafi, Laurent Koscielny, Calum Chambers, Granit Xhaka, Aaron Ramsey and Mesut Ozil are the other players in the Arsenal squad Cascarino wants Emery to show the exit at the club.

Iwobi who is currently with the Super Eagles in preparation for their 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia featured in 39 games for Arsenal and scored three goals and provided seven assists.

Below are Cascarino’s verdicts on the Arsenal players who should stay and leave the club.

Petr Cech – OUT
He has had a very average season with lots of errors.

David Ospina – KEEP
I would hang on to him, although only as a No 2 goalkeeper.

Héctor Bellerín – OUT
I would sell if I could get a big fee, but otherwise try to find a system he fits.

Shkodran Mustafi – OUT
Cash in on him. He is not a dominant leader-type centre half.

Laurent Koscielny – OUT
I’ve never accepted the praise that he gets. But injury means he won’t leave.

Rob Holding – KEEP
He’s young, so I’d hang on to him and hope that he continues to improve.

Calum Chambers – OUT
There are far too many mistakes in his game, I’m afraid.

Nacho Monreal – KEEP
He’s getting on, at 32, but was probably their best defender last year.

Sead Kolasinac – KEEP
I’d hold on to him because he can play in more than one position.

Granit Xhaka – OUT
Arsenal should cash in. Central midfield is one of the areas where they must improve a lot.

Mohamed Elneny – KEEP
I would retain him definitely. I thought he did OK this season.

Jack Wilshere – KEEP
His injury record means it should be a pay-as-you-play deal. But if the new manager wants to play athletic football, he would need to leave.

Aaron Ramsey – OUT
He has only a year left on his contract so I would move on from him. I think we’ve seen the best of him.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan – KEEP
Hold on to him, because of what he achieved at Borussia Dortmund, and hope he finds his feet in England.

Mesut Özil – OUT
I would get rid of him but, because Arsenal are paying him far too much, they are unlikely to get an offer.

Alex Iwobi – OUT
I don’t think he will ever be a top-four player, which is what Arsenal need.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – KEEP
You have to keep him — he’s got goals written all over him.

Alexandre Lacazette – KEEP
I would stick with him in the hope that he
can forge a partnership with Aubameyang.

Danny Welbeck – KEEP
So versatile, including off the bench, and you need someone like that.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/new-arsenal-boss-emery-advised-to-offload-iwobi-cech-ozil/#comment-124903
so iwobi should be sold while welbeck should stay?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poseidonsaiz(m): 12:40pm On May 24, 2018
komekn:

Kelechi is 20 or thereabouts and playing in the 2nd tier of Dutch football. He is not the outstanding player in that league. He is forward player i.e. AM and has a very poor goal return. And you call that FABULOUSLY WELL.

The Eerste Divisie is low, I rate it on the same level of league one if not lower. Considering that the Eredivisie is rated 14 in Europe and is the easiest league to score in within the top 20 leagues in Europe. I would say he is far from Fabulous.

Arsenal is very far away from him now.

He is using the SE to bolster his career otherwise he has no business being in the SE. Simply not good enough. There are too many players better who have not been given the opportunity to showcase their talents.

Well, I'm of the better opinion that *there are others ahead of him at the moment*. That said, I think he is doing pretty good given what time he has had to spend outside this shores to improve. Whether him play attack or no play as you want make him play "regularly or not" for 2nd division wey him dey,still its that simple bros..

Rohr and Salisu obviously see something special in him, probably same thing Arsenal did and from what I have seen him do with a ball, he is definitely on the right path to Greatness.

Give him time, 'tis all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:41pm On May 24, 2018
Afobear:
Nigerian team is wack and I can't wait to see the festival of goals they will concede this mundial . If you like all you beer parlour analysts here ,you can' quote me and say shit but I will never gratify you by replying you
i have wondering where were you during the qualifiers and why is it now you are spewing your rubbish over this thread? Who knows maybe you are Ghanaian masking as a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:45pm On May 24, 2018
Mujtahida:

I'm not talking about individuals. I'm talking about blackman as a race.

The recent or the medieval blackman race?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:49pm On May 24, 2018
Rohr Takes A Leaf Out Of World Cup-Winning Manager's Book: Eagles Wear GPS Trackers

European football tactician Gernot Rohr has taken a leaf out of Joachim Low's book, with the national team players wearing GPS trackers before the start of the training session. (see photo)

That small device was instrumental to the success of Germany winning the 2014 World Cup, Low decided to introduce Mario Gotze, who netted the winning goal, as a substitute over other options based on GPS data.

The GPS data will measure how the Super Eagles players perform in training games, the number of changes in direction, cardiac frequency variable that is monitoring of their heartbeats.

Rohr will be able to compare the players in camp and the information will assist him to know a player's level while with the national team.

As at the time this report, the players were taking part in a shooting practice before the start of the practice game.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

SOURCE: ANS

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) (3663) (3664) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), Theben(m), dkay51(m), BannedLarge and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.