Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11643056 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 10:38am On May 26, 2018
asha80:
football no be by cv..na by your current form

True, but getting a club could need a cv.having played in a worldcup is always a big boast in football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:38am On May 26, 2018
Idowu can use right also..why is rorh smirking at his back

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 10:40am On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:
Lie lie. Salah must triumph
we will see, i will remind you when Madrid Triumph
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2018
The English fans can also bully a referee

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2018
tbaba1234:
Denmark head coach Age Hareide on France:

“The big teams at the World Cup are the best. But not France. I don’t believe in this team.

“We are going to face them and I will be damned if we don’t give them a hard time. I saw them against Sweden in June last year in Stockholm and I didn’t think they showed they were anything special.”

On Pogba

He played against Manchester City with his hair dyed blue and white, maybe he’ll have it red and white to play us,”

“Damn it, he cares so much about his appearance…”

If I were coach of France I will paste this comment all over the dressing room. Denmark's coach might be bitting more than he can chew here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 10:59am On May 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Where did you get this from?
I don't think that is true
can't remember where i saw that though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:59am On May 26, 2018
Echiejile Fit, Eager To Make Up For 2014 World Cup Miss
May 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Elderson Echiejile says he has never felt stronger, fitter and more confident with the Super Eagles as he targets a second World Cup finals appearance in Russia, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

The Super Eagles defender, 30, made five appearances for the Super Eagles during the qualifying series as they qualified for their sixth FIFA World Cup in Russia where they will face Croatia, Iceland and Argentina in Group D.

The AS Monaco defender who missed out on the last edition of the World Cup in Russia due to an injury said that the team’s training is gradually gaining momentum in Uyo..
“I’m having a great time here, working hard ahead of the World Cup,” Echiejile, who has battled with injuries while on loan at Belgian second division club Cercle Brugge, told CSN.

“Making the final squad will banish the horror of missing out on the World Cup in 2014.”

Referring to Nigeria’s forthcoming friendly against DR Congo in Port Harcourt, Echiejile said: “These friendlies will put us in competitive edge ahead of the first World Cup game.

“Congo are no pushovers, just like other teams we will face.

“They have great players and that’s important. We lost to them in Belgium two years ago and it will be nice to pay them back in their coin when we meet.

“We are looking forward to the game.”
Nigeria will also face England and Czech Republic in their remaining two friendlies before the World Cup.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/echiejile-fit-eagles-to-make-up-for-2014-world-cup-miss/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:59am On May 26, 2018
isan:

If this were Nigeria we no for hear word.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:00am On May 26, 2018
isan:
No nation is free from hooligans
We only get to hear it more especially from self deriding countries
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:00am On May 26, 2018
isan:
Idowu can use right also..why is rorh smirking at his back

Idowu is a very huge asset for us

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:03am On May 26, 2018
chrisooblog:
you are the one that misleading everyone here you wrote that you are not sure if he will make it in the epl based on the team he plays for and league he operates in and i said if fuchs could come straight into the ''minefield'' you call epl and win a champions medal then you are being overly presumptuous to say balogun can't cut it

whether he was top 10 or not the fact of the matter is he was a first member of a team that won the epl FACT!

he plays for austria ehen so what? what have they achieved in world football?

man players from the supposed one man league bundesliga have come to epl and done well.

epl is a top league but easy on the hype

The comparison that you have used to make your deductions is between Fuchs and Balogun.

Compare what Fuchs had achieved in the Bundesliga to what Balogun has achieved. That's the main point.
In this regard Fuchs was miles ahead of Balogun and even at a much younger age.

So your comparative inference is under pinned with thin air, nothing.

What Austria has achieved in football is an irrelevance. The issue is that Fuchs was an established international at a very young age and established player in the Bundesliga. Even with the irrelevant national comparison Austria sits at 35 in the World higher than Nigeria so what's your point.

Because we are yet to see what Balogun will do in the EPL. He also has competition from the best central defender in the championship statistically speaking who is much younger. That Brighton are trying to sign.

My final comments were that it was an EXCELLENT move for Balogun a player who is near 30 and not outstanding in the Bundesliga.

So what's your issue, emotive prejudice

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:04am On May 26, 2018
Farzat:

Is any one still doubting that this guy is the same Forgiveness?

So you two have joined the DELUSIONAL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:07am On May 26, 2018
GBAM!!!!
some people have been brought up to believe their culture etc is superior.. that’s the problem. These things start from cradle. Be proud of ur heritage. But to think others are inferior, what makes u different from a racist?

tbaba1234:

Bros, capital lie!!

Tribe has never been a consideration for me on this thread. None of the players in the super eagles is from my tribe. Last time i checked, i am human.

There is nothing wrong in loving your tribe's heritage, language, culture and people.

Tribalism on the other hand is when you consider others as inferior. That is problematic and is definitely not an integral part of being human.

We all have our preferences and even prejudices but that is normal. This is why we interact and learn from each other.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:09am On May 26, 2018
I love his passion. These are the kind of people we want to lead Nigeria. People who are passionate about delivering.

OMANBALA1:
Tbaba, go sleep naa....you be robot?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:10am On May 26, 2018
chrisooblog:

pictures they say speak a thousand words

that aside everyone here me inclusive knows k.nwakali is still work in progress but you can't deny his talent. the athletico game showed huge dollops of that

my statement which you quoted was just using the kind of ridiculous criteria forgiveness uses to defend players he fancies to big up kelechi.

You are taking comments out of context.

Train in the context of present continous not in the past.

Omeruo trained with Chelsea would you then say that he trains with the Chelsea team. This is very normal train pre season with your parent team doesn't mean you are in the team or train with them on loan.

Even youth players on trial not so signed train with the first team.

What exactly is your point to mislead and misrepresent to portray a view that's not true.

Day you know how many thousands of players are a work in progress. When the work is finished let him show his quality. He is not too young to show that quality consistently and continously in the league he is in.

When you play well you get noticed.

Do you know how many clubs are clamouring for loan moves for Bobby Adekanya, Ademola, Tega Abrahams and Tega Onomah, Ovie Ejaria, because they have performed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 11:15am On May 26, 2018
Why are these Ghanaians and south Africans hating on Nigeria so much u need to see all their hate comment on Facebook pages well trust Nigerians too they are giving it to them as e dey hot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:17am On May 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

If I were coach of France I will paste this comment all over the dressing room. Denmark's coach might be bitting more than he can chew here.
It's called mind games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:18am On May 26, 2018
isan:
Why are these Ghanaians and south Africans hating on Nigeria so much u need to see all their hate comment on Facebook pages well trust Nigerians too they are giving it to them as e dey hot

Na we Nigerians mumu, we support them in tournaments but they don't give a hoot about us in tournaments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:19am On May 26, 2018
Martz101:

he worked hard for his luck

Yes that's true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 11:25am On May 26, 2018
isan:
link please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:34am On May 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 11:36am On May 26, 2018
isan:

Which page is that? They do this often, that is their own way of telling us that they hate our guts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:45am On May 26, 2018
Icon4s:

I would rather have Simi Nwankwo start. He looks more like a player that can add value. We really need to assess him closely. We should give him more time and maybe Lokosa can come in later in the game.
But it really baffles me why you're all looking down so much on Lokosa and not giving him any chance despite his highly impressive vein of form and exploits. Is it because he plays in the NPFL?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:45am On May 26, 2018
Martz101:

True, but getting a club could need a cv.having played in a worldcup is always a big boast in football.

No b by World Cup o,juwon oshaniwa is clubless now but he played all games at the World Cup at the left back,why didn't his World Cup cv give him a club?

He didn't even last at heart of Scotland,and this is a player who played 4 games at the 2014 World Cup

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2018
Supersport Facebook page
mazimee:

Which page is that? They do this often, that is their own way of telling us that they hate our guts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2018
komekn:

The comparison that you have used to make your deductions is between Fuchs and Balogun.

Compare what Fuchs had achieved in the Bundesliga to what Balogun has achieved. That's the main point.

What Austria has achieved in football is an irrelevance. The issue is that Fuchs was an established international at a very young age and established player in the Bundesliga. Even with the irrelevant national comparison Austria sits at 35 in the World higher than Nigeria so what's your point.

Because we are yet to see what Balogun will do in the EPL. He also has competition from the best central defender in the championship statistically speaking who is much younger. That Brighton are trying to sign.

My final comments were that it was an EXCELLENT move for Balogun a player who is near 30 and not outstanding in the Bundesliga.

Komekn been hyping Epl since 18bc,anyway I pray Liverpool wins tonight but still can't see it happening
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2018
Just go to supersport facebook page
LieDetector:
link please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2018
komekn:

You are taking comments out of context.

Train in the context of present continous not in the past.

Omeruo trained with Chelsea would you then say that he trains with the Chelsea team. This is very normal train pre season with your parent team doesn't mean you are in the team or train with them on loan.

Even youth players on trial not so signed train with the first team.

What exactly is your point to mislead and misrepresent to portray a view that's not true.

Day you know how many thousands of players are a work in progress. When the work is finished let him show his quality. He is not too young to show that quality consistently and continously in the league he is in.

When you play well you get noticed.

Do you know how many clubs are clamouring for loan moves for Bobby Adekanya, Ademola, Tega Abrahams and Tega Onomah, Ovie Ejaria, because they have performed.

Paste the link of the clubs,all those player you mentioned will not command a 20million transfer fee they will only take them on loan,group of below average players you mentioned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2018
larride:
Nigeria Slogan for the World Cup:

Wings of African pride.

Leggo 9ja, Good People, Great Nation!!!
I don't see any necessity about this. The nicknames are there already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 11:54am On May 26, 2018
Guys am I the only one having serious concerns regarding this DR Congo friendly match? Aside from this ebola thing, African teams tend to take it overboard against other African teams. And when you have a team going to the World Cup and the other team isn't, the other team would try to demonstrate that they are better than you angry sad shocked

I am actually glad that both VicMo and Ndidi are going to miss this match. I hope that Obi Mikel and Joel Obi won't play either.

O pari

MetalJigsaw:
Echiejile Fit, Eager To Make Up For 2014 World Cup Miss
May 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Elderson Echiejile says he has never felt stronger, fitter and more confident with the Super Eagles as he targets a second World Cup finals appearance in Russia, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

The Super Eagles defender, 30, made five appearances for the Super Eagles during the qualifying series as they qualified for their sixth FIFA World Cup in Russia where they will face Croatia, Iceland and Argentina in Group D.

The AS Monaco defender who missed out on the last edition of the World Cup in Russia due to an injury said that the team’s training is gradually gaining momentum in Uyo..
“I’m having a great time here, working hard ahead of the World Cup,” Echiejile, who has battled with injuries while on loan at Belgian second division club Cercle Brugge, told CSN.

“Making the final squad will banish the horror of missing out on the World Cup in 2014.”

Referring to Nigeria’s forthcoming friendly against DR Congo in Port Harcourt, Echiejile said: “These friendlies will put us in competitive edge ahead of the first World Cup game.

“Congo are no pushovers, just like other teams we will face.

“They have great players and that’s important. We lost to them in Belgium two years ago and it will be nice to pay them back in their coin when we meet.

“We are looking forward to the game.”
Nigeria will also face England and Czech Republic in their remaining two friendlies before the World Cup.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/echiejile-fit-eagles-to-make-up-for-2014-world-cup-miss/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:00pm On May 26, 2018
komekn:

dude lol all this fancy words you post don't move me anyway to the meat of what you wrote.

I'm not comparing Fuchs to balogun don't add to what I didn't write. You claimed balogun might not make it in the EPL because it's tough, he's not fast, bundesliga is a one man league bla bla bla. Now read this slowly if Fuchs came from this same bundesliga and performed decently then it's illogical to say balogun would not do well when he has yet to kick a ball in the EPL

Ooo Fuchs is an established international so what is balogun a cadet ogbeni just go lie down

Lol emotive bias I hope you look yourself in the mirror when you type such things

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 12:03pm On May 26, 2018
isan:
9ja no dey carry last

(1) (2) (3) ... (3693) (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.