Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11647855 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
CAF EXCO SEAT: PINNICK DARES CAF PRESIDENT HAYATOU

[quote]Amaju Pinnick

The formal bid by the president of the Nigeria
Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick to be on
the CAF executive committee is a direct
confrontation with CAF boss Issa Hayatou, it has
been specially scooped.

This week, Pinnick threw into the ring his hat to
be elected on the CAF executive committee next
year.

However, this is against the advise of CAF
president Hayatou, who has told Pinnick he
cannot jump ahead of queue of more experienced FA bosses to be on the highest decision-making body of African football.

“Hayatou has told Pinnick he is still new in the
system and there are many other more
experienced FA presidents also angling to be on
the executive committee,” a top official informed.

“And now for Pinnick to submit his nomination for the CAF elections in March next year means is ready to take on the might of Hayatou to be on the executive committee.”

It is also unclear if the NFF boss, who failed to get on to the FIFA council in September, got the
backing of the federal government before he put in his bid for CAF executive position.

Pinnick was controversially elected NFF president in September 2014 riding on the wings of bringing corporate Nigeria to finance the sport in Nigeria.

But halfway through his four-year tenure, the
finances of the NFF are in shambles with major
sponsors pulling out and the federation heavily
indebted to various national teams, coaches and
even secretariat staffers.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/670001/CAF-EXCO-SEAT-Pinnick-dares-CAF-President-Hayatou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
Yep... He'll still be recuperating from injury in march. He's expected to be back fully by April/Early May 2017.

Why Hull City Right Back Odubajo Will Not
Debut For Nigeria Against Senegal

Hull City wing-back Moses Odubajo will not make his international debut for the Super Eagles when they face Senegal in a friendly in March 2017, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

It is being speculated in the local media that the right-back is one of the English-born youngsters that will be called up to the national team for the game against Senegal.

However, the former Leyton Orient wonderkid is expected to remain on the sidelines until at least April, a month after the friendly game, after suffering a relapse in his recovery from a knee injury he picked up in pre-season.

Moses Odubajo has been on the radar of the
Nigeria Football Federation for the past two years, with coach Samson Siasia, who has an eye to spot talents, inviting him to a Nigeria U23 get-together in December 2014.

All his six caps for England’s U20 national team
were in non-competitive fixtures, and he won’t
obtain an approval from Fifa before representing
the Super Eagles.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21337
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Against Rivers utd?? Wow! Rivers Utd looks stronger than last season naa... This Super 4 na wa ooo... Anyway, I'm not watching shaa... sad

Keep it up Chisom! smiley

Yea but it was a top friendly between 2 Nigerian sides. The quality of the match was crazy, u wouldn't believe it was a pre season game. If all goes well both these teams will do us proud in Africa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
tbaba1234:

There is nothing that you will learn live that you can watch on tape.

Klopp is not playing Barca or monchengladbach to be studying them. There is nothing, he has not seen. Some of his players are internationals.

A more realistic scenario was that, the team took the day to enjoy a live game together.

So you think coaches who take trips to watch live games are wasting their time. Come on. What about when Rohr sent a staff to watch the Cameroon team? Why did you not say, "No need. Just watch the tape?"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
Rohr visited Ikeme. This is really cool. At least the coach can check on his health.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

So you think coaches who take trips to watch live games are wasting their time. Come on. What about when Rohr sent a staff to watch the Cameroon team? Why did you not say, "No need. Just watch the tape?"

Klopp took them there to train in good warm weather, then after that on a free night why not watch barca? I think u are reading too much into that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

He was top 10 in Spain and his cameos in England have shown his quality.

Yes, he was definitely a top 10 in Spain. But I don't think that he has done enough since coming to Watford to deserve a place on this list.
Or may be they ran out of players cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Klopp took them there to train in good warm weather, then after that on a free night why not watch barca? I think u are reading too much into that.
LOL. You missed the script. He's justifying Kelechi’s benching by Pep.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
Icon79:

Yes, he was definitely a top 10 in Spain. But I don't think that he has done enough since coming to Watford to deserve a place on this list.
Or may be they ran out of players cheesy

The list may not have been made using strict stats but just quality which Isaac has shown. I can bet u Man united's defense rates him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
joseph1013:
LOL. You missed the script. He's justifying Kelechi’s benching by Pep.

I know, he was saying even liverpool went to barca to learn but that was an abuse of facts, Klopp just likes the weather there at this time of the year and like i have said Pep just doesn't want to risk losing both striker it has nothing to do with learning.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
tbaba1234:
Rohr visited Ikeme. This is really cool. At least the coach can check on his health.
cool. My friend has a crush on Ikeme, told her he's unfortunately married

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
It's a tragedy what is happening with the falcons. They could not train properly for the tournament, now they can't get their money after winning.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
EAGLES COACH PICKS 3 RANGERS STARS,
OVOKE, MUBARAK UMAR

Christian Madu - Rangers midfield star

Impressed Super Eagles coach Salisu Yusuf has
picked Rangers stars Bobby Clement, Christian
Madu, Chisom Egbuchulam as well as Bernard
Ovoke from Rivers United to be considered for the next training camp.

Mubarak Umar also caught the eye of the Eagles coach, who also said he hopes to have another look at teammate Idris Sabo during the on-going NPFL Super 4.

“Chisom Egbuchulam is already part of the Super Eagles and he justified this with his performance against Rivers United,” Yusuf said.

Egbuchulam, who scored 16 goals last season for champions Rangers, was called up by the Eagles for a 2018 World Cup qualifier in Zambia in October.

The Eagles coach was also full of praise for the
standard exhibited by both Rangers and Rivers
United on Wednesday night.

“The match was played on high intensity and
both clubs will be worthy representatives of the
country in next year’s CAF Champions League, if
they can sustain such standard,” he said.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/670098/Eagles-coach-picks-3-Rangers-stars-Ovoke-Mubarak-Umar

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
MATCH WINNER EGBUCHULAM DELIGHTED
TO DOWN RIVERS UNITED

Chisom Egbuchulam of Rangers (middle)

Man-of-the-match Egbuchulam has said he is
delighted his brace defeated a Rivers United
team, who have improved from last season.

Egbuchulam netted a spectacular second-half
brace to put United to the sword at a frenzied
Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium in Enugu.

“It was a great game and we got the deserved
three points,” he said.

“It wasn’t an easy game, but we thank God for
the victory and I am also pleased with the goals I scored.”

Rangers outclassed United 4-0 in their previous
meeting at the same venue on September 4, but struggled for long periods, especially in the first half against the Port Harcourt club on Wednesday night.

Egbuchulam identified improvements in the
United side who again fell at ‘The Cathedral’ on
Wednesday, noting that the new players drafted
in by Stanley Eguma have made the Port
Harcourt club look a more decent proposition.

“They are a good side. They played very well in
the first half, but were unable to score,” he said.

“They can give Nigeria good representation on
the continent.

“There are a lot of changes in the present Rivers United team.

“They have a lot of new players who are very
good as well.

“This is a much better Rivers United team.”

Source: http://africanfootball.com/news/670009/Match-winner-Egbuchulam-delighted-to-down-Rivers-United

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
Where can one find highlights of the Rangers- Rivers United match online?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GoodBuhari: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
NIGERIA LEAGUE HOTSHOT OBAJE LINKED
WITH ETOILE DU SAHEL

Nigeria league hotshot Godwin Obaje has been
linked with top Tunisian club Etoile du Sahel.
He was also connected to be a direct replacement for compatriot Junior Ajayi at another Tunisian club CS Sfaxien.

Obaje netted 18 goals for Wikki Tourists to finish
as top scorer in the NPFL last season.

A proposed move to top Russian club Spartak
Moscow fell through after the striker failed the
routine medical.

Etoile are also shopping for more top strikers in
the Nigeria league.

The Tunisian club will feature in next year's CAF
Champions League after they were dumped out
of this year's tournament by seven-time Nigeria
champions Enyimba.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/669994/Nigeria-league-hotshot-Obaje-linked-with-Etoile-du-Sahel

From Spartak Moscow to Etoile Du Sahel

But why now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
Behold! The Long-term Heir to Oliseh's Throne in the DMF department of the Super Eagles in this Young and super rising generation.... His arrival looms large over the EPL... wink

Former EPL experienced hands, Alex Mcleish opines on our indefatigable midfield destroyer wink **as seen in the news article** grin

Wilfred "TheRock" Ndidi... #RaveOfTheMoment
McLeish tips Ndidi to replace Kante

Wilfred Ndidi © Getty Images

Former Aston Villa and Birmingham manager Alex McLeish has declared that Leicester City target Wilfred Ndidi has the ability to fill the boots of former midfielder N'Golo Kante.

McLeish, who signed Ndidi for his current club
Genk in January 2015, says the Super Eagles
man possesses the qualities required to provide
the steel and composure which Kante previously
did for Claudio Ranieri’s men before he departed
for Chelsea.

Ndidi is expected to become a Leicester City
player when the transfer window opens in
January after the Premier League champions
agreed a £15-million fee with Belgian side Genk
for his services.

McLeish is confident that 19-year-old Ndidi,
described as an indefatigable midfield destroyer,
can plug the gap left by Kante, who moved to Chelsea for £32 million in the summer.

“He is Kante-like. He will cover the ground like Kante does.

“In terms of technique, you wouldn't say he is the best passer in the world but he keeps it simple.

“I saw him on tape and at the next recruitment
meeting we pushed the button. I immediately
saw the speed of the boy.

“We had no money to spend on any bigger
names to help the first team because those were the parameters under which I took the job.

“But I said, 'Let's get this guy.' I recommended
we signed him for €100 000.

“I've taken a big interest in the kid since and they want a fortune for him now,” McLeish told the Leicester Mecury.

Ndidi's versatility is another plus point for City –
the Nigerian is able to play at centre-back and
right-back, as well as central midfield.

His first appearance at Genk came at left-back
but McLeish reveals that he only had to play him
in such an unconventional position because he
was not exactly spoiled for choice at that
moment.

“I gave him his debut at left-back because we were absolutely short.

“He did well for a kid just coming in that day and was amazing.

“He is lean and has a fantastic spring. His speed
got him out of a lot of trouble and although we
lost the game 1-0 to a late Charleroi goal, we all
agreed he could be a big player for the team.

“We all felt midfield would be probably be where he could be most effective.

“He has blossomed after my successor (current
boss Peter Maes) decided to move him there.

“To see the progress Ndidi has made since is
brilliant and he has had a great year at Genk,” he said.

Ndidi will be joining another Nigerian, Ahmed
Musa, at Leicester if the deal eventually goes
through next month.

Source: http://mobi.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/161208/McLeish_tips_Ndidi_to_replace_Kante

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
Keeper should have saved both Rangers goals...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Like seriously. Klopp wants them to train under warm weather in preparation for games played at very low temperature in the EPL. Ha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Chaiiii... Sir Joseph... Your head dey dia Sir. Likened to Edgar Davids indeed.

I remember Ayila Yusuf for that game he played against Real madrid. He excelled so much in that game that he got rave reviews post-match. I think it was Zidane or who again? who commended him after the game and exchanged shirts with him (not too sure again).

And yes, I also remember his penalty miss against defending champions, Tunisia in the Quarters of the 2006 AFCON (we have an intimidating record against defending champs at the Afcon... We always seem to knock them out or beat them).

He had a really fine game and almost spoilt it with that miss but the super brilliance of Vincent enyeama shone through (3 penalty saves in the shoot-out and 1 penalty save in regulation time... 4 overall on the day!).

I remember that match against Zidane's team. I didn't watch it, but heard about it from someone who did. The next day, I went to look for #20 CompleteSports paper to buy. Those days we used to reserve money to buy daily sports paper. The vendor knew our crew. LOL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
tbaba1234:
It's a tragedy what is happening with the falcons. They could not train properly for the tournament, now they can't get their money after winning.
It's a terrible thing. I read the news where Dalung said they didn't expect them to win the tournament. Da lung with no brain! He must compete as the worst minister in this administration.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Like seriously. Klopp wants them to train under warm weather in preparation for games played at very low temperature in the EPL. Ha.

Yes like super seriously. Klopp actually has done this once already this season and he has spoken of its benefits.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ighalo: Mikel Welcome At Watford; Yorke,
Cole My Idols; Aguero EPL’s Best

Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo has admitted
that he would welcome international teammate
Mikel Obi at Watford during the January transfer
window, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Mikel is yet to make an appearance for Chelsea
under Antonio Conte which has sparked reports of him leaving the London-based club before the
end of the current season.

Speaking as a guest on Fanzone on SuperSport
on Wednesday night, Ighalo said Mikel is a player any Premier League side will wish to have.

“I will like it if Mikel join me at Watford,” Ighalo
said after being asked by one of the callers to the live show if he would like his fellow Nigerian at Vicarage Road.

“He is my captain at the national team. Apart from that he is a very good player, very talented.

“I have played with him and against him, he is a very good player. There is no team in the Premier League that will not want to have such a player.

“I am happy I have played with him so I will be
very happy to have him in my team.”

Despite not having the best of seasons for
Watford after an impressive debut Premier
League campaign last season Ighalo, who has
scored just one goal in 12 league appearances so far, insists he is happy and will continue to work hard to get back into the team.

“I have a five-year contract at Watford, I am
happy,” he said. “Though I am not playing
regularly for now, as a striker I want to be playing but things are not going the way I want.
But I am working hard, the fans love me and I want to keep going and see how the season goes.”

Ighalo described his first EPL goal for Watford (in a 2-2 away draw against Everton) as one of the greatest feelings he ever had.

He also stated that Watford’s promotion to the
EPL two seasons ago was one of his greatest
moments at the club.

“Scoring my first Premier League goal was one of my best feelings in life,” the 28-year-old added.

“I always dreamed about the Premier League when I was young back then in the streets in Nigeria. I was just hoping to play in the Premier League and wasn’t thinking about scoring goals. I played in Spain and Italy and I always said to myself that I wanted to play in the Premier League.

“In my first game in the league away to Everton, I was sitting on the bench praying to just go in there and earn my first game, I never knew God had a plan for me to score my first goal. So when after scoring my first goal, I could not sleep when I got home, I was thinking about it and I was very happy; it was a great feeling for me.

“One of my great moments at Watford was when I gained promotion with the team two seasons ago. That was my dream before I came to Watford, to play in the Championship and to gain promotion to the Premier League. So that was one of my great moments at Watford.”

On who his best striker is, Ighalo named
Argentina and Manchester City forward Sergio
Aguero

“Back then I always loved to watch Manchester United’s Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke, they were great strikers. But for now the best striker in the Premier League is Sergio Aguero of Manchester City. He is a good striker that will guarantee you goals. These are strikers one can learn a lot of things from. So for now I think my best striker is Aguero.”

On the current performance of the Super Eagles, who currently top their 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying group, Igahlo said:

“Super Eagles have been doing well presently. In the past we had great players but right now it’s all about rebuilding.

“The last time we won the Cup of Nations, nobody gave it to us but everyone could see how the young and talented squad performed. And may the soul of the late Stephen Keshi rest in peace.

He built a good team and even when nobody
gave them a chance they still went on to win. So I am happy with the way the Eagles are doing now and I believe the future is bright for us with young and talented players like Kelechi
Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Moses Simon and others.”

And on why he plans to start his own orphanage home, Ighalo explained:

“I know what I went through growing up. It’s not that easy back home and that is why I always try to give back. Every month end I send money to the widows , the less priviledged, the orphans. And I am planning to open my orhanage and that will be in May in Lagos. The idea is to help and give back to the society because like I said, I am privileged to be
who I am today, and it is good to try and help
those in need. Not because I have much but
because I know how it was back then, so that is
why I am trying to give to the poor and the less
privileged.”

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/55351-2/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
You limit his stupidity to just this administration??

You're being too mild on Dalung.... Fact is Dalung is the biggest mistake in the history of Nigerian sports.

Lawd!!!! Just look at his mentality.... What a man!

joseph1013:
It's a terrible thing. I read the news where Dalung said they didn't expect them to win the tournament. Da lung with no brain! He must compete as the worst minister in this administration.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2016

joseph1013:
I remember that match against Zidane's team. I didn't watch it, but heard about it from someone who did. The next day, I went to look for #20 CompleteSports paper to buy. Those days we used to reserve money to buy daily sports paper. The vendor knew our crew. LOL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
joseph1013:

Pls i am not defending thelongone but he seemed to be the only one who cared about the falcons. He has been fighting for them so i would give him a pass on that. The NFF deserve all the blame on this matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

The list may not have been made using strict stats but just quality which Isaac has shown. I can bet u Man united's defense rates him.

Doesn't matter. No one gets rated based on "quality" alone. The name of the game is what have you done for me lately.

The fact remains that Isaac has not done enough this season to merit being on the list. I am not questioning his ability but, for reasons best known to him, the Watford coach didn't want to playing at the start of season. And unfortunately, Isaac got injured just when the coach wants to give him serious playing time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Pls i am not defending thelongone but he seemed to be the only one who cared about the falcons. He has been fighting for them so i would give him a pass on that. The NFF deserve all the blame on this matter.
The guy is the king of incompetence and misyarn.

“Don’t forget that nobody even knew the team will emerge victorious. If we were confident they will emerge victorious, all the federation would have done is to plan for process of participation and entitlement."

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Behold! The Long-term Heir to Oliseh's Throne in the DMF department of the Super Eagles in this Young and super rising generation.... His arrival looms large over the EPL... wink

Former EPL experienced hands, Alex Mcleish opines on our indefatigable midfield destroyer wink **as seen in the news article** grin

Wilfred "TheRock" Ndidi... #RaveOfTheMoment
McLeish tips Ndidi to replace Kante

Former Aston Villa and Birmingham manager Alex McLeish has declared that Leicester City target Wilfred Ndidi has the ability to fill the boots of former midfielder N'Golo Kante.

McLeish, who signed Ndidi for his current club
Genk in January 2015, says the Super Eagles
man possesses the qualities required to provide
the steel and composure which Kante previously
did for Claudio Ranieri’s men before he departed
for Chelsea.

Ndidi is expected to become a Leicester City
player when the transfer window opens in
January after the Premier League champions
agreed a £15-million fee with Belgian side Genk
for his services.

McLeish is confident that 19-year-old Ndidi,
described as an indefatigable midfield destroyer,
can plug the gap left by Kante, who moved to Chelsea for £32 million in the summer.

Ndidi's versatility is another plus point for City –
the Nigerian is able to play at centre-back and
right-back, as well as central midfield.

His first appearance at Genk came at left-back
but McLeish reveals that he only had to play him
in such an unconventional position because he
was not exactly spoiled for choice at that
moment.

Ndidi will be joining another Nigerian, Ahmed
Musa, at Leicester if the deal eventually goes
through next month.

Source: http://mobi.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/161208/McLeish_tips_Ndidi_to_replace_Kante

This is good news for Nigeria and for Ndidi, but I just don't like some of the stuff I am reading concerning his "versatility". I don't know about Center Back but Ndidi is NOT a top top Right Back. Never has never will. He was piss poor when he was used in that position against Zambia. The boy is a DM, short and simple.

I just don't want LC to try using him as a RB, because that would destroy his confidence. If you wanna get the best out of him, play him as a DM.

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ndidi can play centre back comfortably. smiley

But yep... He's a DMF also and it is for the DM role that Leicester went for him.

But for the fact that he didn't excel as right back against Zambia doesn't take away the fact he is indeed a versatile player.

He has even played leftback before in Belgium.

Icon79:

This is good news for Nigeria and for Ndidi, but I just don't like some of the stuff I am reading concerning his "versatility". I don't know about Center Back but Ndidi is NOT a top top Right Back. Never has never will. He was piss poor when he was used in that position against Zambia. The boy is a DM, short and simple.

I just don't want LC to try using him as a RB, because that would destroy his confidence. If you wanna get the best out of him, play him as a DM.

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Yes like super seriously. Klopp actually has done this once already this season and he has spoken of its benefits.

I hope you know City will soon face Liverpool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, Neobulletzz(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.