Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11645455 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
MTNF Nigeria Premier League 2016/2017 Sunderland
Sunderland will fight all the way vows Anichebe.

Nigeria striker Victor Anichebe has said he expects Sunderland to again fight their way to stay up in the Premier League.

Last season, they barely escaped relegation in the final weeks of the campaign.

And this season, they have only got going again in recent weeks to now be a point within the drop zone.

“We’re not panicking, it is a long season, it will be difficult, but we are in it for the fight,” said Anichebe, who has scored three goals as ‘The Black Cats’ have fought back into better reckoning.

“We will get better and better.”
The 28-year-old Anichebe also hailed strike partner Jermaine Defoe.

“Jermaine will always be Jermaine,” he praised
“His record in the Premier League is incredible, the amount of goals and kinds of goals he scored. He is doing very well for the team.

“We are fortunate to have him here and hopefully, I can help him.”

mtnfootball.com/news/670055/Sunderland-will-fight-all-the-way-vows-Anichebe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
” Nigeria are playing real well at the moment but that doesn’t mean they are unbeatable. I surely know a thing or two about how to beat them. Afterall have never lost a game to Nigeria” Eto’o said.

” If they (Cameroon) ask me for tips, I will definitely furnish them with useful information on how to make Nigeria lose their new found super form next year”.

Etoo..

Cameroon lost to Nigeria in 2004 with Etoo in the Team. He even scored in that game. What is he talking about?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
tbaba1234:
” Nigeria are playing real well at the moment but that doesn’t mean they are unbeatable. I surely know a thing or two about how to beat them. Afterall have never lost a game to Nigeria” Eto’o said.

” If they (Cameroon) ask me for tips, I will definitely furnish them with useful information on how to make Nigeria lose their new found super form next year”.

Etoo..

Cameroon lost to Nigeria in 2004 with Etoo in the Team. He even scored in that game. What is he talking about?
Old age don de worry baba Eto'o

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
Brian Idowu'coach:

His coach Gadzhi Gadzhiyev wants him to wait for an opportunity to play for Russia instead of going to the Super Eagles.

“Brian Idowu really performed well this year. The fact that it drew attention in Nigeria is not an accident, Gadzhiyev told Championat.ru.

“I would like him to play for Russia, but it is a question for the coaches of the national team.

“When Brian received the offer, he turned to me for advice. Our position is simple: we recommend him to take the time to continue to improve his skills to become better and stronger, and hope that he will have the opportunity to play for the Russian national team.

“If not, then there is always a chance to come back to talk about the national team of Nigeria.”

Brian Idowu:

“I got a call from the team coach of Nigeria, the coach Gernot Rohr who said he saw my game, and would like to call me for the next match. But I don’t have Nigerian passport or other documents,” Idowu told MatchTV last month.

“I spoke to Gadzhi Gadzhiyev because he promised to give an answer after a conversation with him. He said that the call is not accidental, it is necessary to progress further, but for now – to take a break and look further. Maybe someone in the Russian national team will call. It was important to hear his opinion,” he said.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2016/12/08/30295972/does-idowu-goal-prove-defender-is-super-eagles-ready?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Brian Idowu's coach is actively discouraging him from playing for Nigeria. Why did Russia not invite him, all these years. It is the same kind of advice, they gave to Ebuehi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2016
Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure (in no.42) for Zorya making some good impressions vs Man Utd.... So far...

Game is still on... He came in as sub in the 54th min.

He's 19yrs old and featured alongside Iheanacho, Chidera Ezeh and Awoniyi at U-15 level for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
Don't mind Eto'o.... Small amnesia don dey worry am.... wink

tbaba1234:

Etoo..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2016
Man United Legend Wants Giant Nigerian Midfielder Thompson Ekpe Back After Successful Loan Spell

Coach of Norwegian side Molde Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants Nigerian midfielder Ekpe Thompson back at the club after helping his loan side Kristiansund FK emerge as champions of the second division.

The 19 year old Kaduna born midfielder who stands at an impressive height of over six feet tall, played six times for Kristiansund after joining them midway through the season.

His form was very pivotal to the team gaining promotion, a form he carried into a friendly game against his parent owners shortly after the end of the season.

”I have spoken with the coach (Ole Gunnar Solksjaer) and he wants me back at Molde instead of going out on loan, it’s nice to have the trust of the manager but there’s still a long way to go”, Ekpe told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”Am just a year old in Norway, and it hasn’t been funny playing in the cold. I managed to cope and now am looking up to a strong season if I return back to Molde”.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/08/man-united-legend-wants-giant-nigerian-midfielder-thompson-ekpe-back-after-successful-loan-spell/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
You limit his stupidity to just this administration??

You're being too mild on Dalung.... Fact is Dalung is the biggest mistake in the history of Nigerian sports.

Lawd!!!! Just look at his mentality.... What a man!

not trying to defend the indefensible but I can say he's probably not so inclined to sports or has in depth knowledge of sports to help him move the ministry forward

I was around at the Abuja nysc camp where he addressed the Corp members on Monday and haven seen how he addressed them, I feel he's just not sports inclined to move the ministry forward but can function effectively in the ministry of youths not including sports ministry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
terzurum5:
AJANI BROTHERS – Relatively Unknown German-Nigerian Full Back Duo Working Hard For Rohr’s Attention

The international career of German Nigerian brothers Patrick and Marvin Ajani, who are presently playing for FC Wegberg-Beeck and Hallescher FC respectively are putting in their best to gain international recognition from Nigeria.

The coach of the Nigeria team Gernot Rohr has expressed his unhappiness over the lack of depth in the full back positions of the Super Eagles, but the duo still have a lot to do, to force their way into his plans.

They will have to move up to teams in a division higher than where they are playing now, if they want to catch the attention of the German coach of the team, who is keen on luring Nigerian players born abroad to play for the Super Eagles.

While 27 year old Patrick is a centre back or left back and plays in the fifth tier in Germany, 23 year old Marvin plays for third tier side Hallescher FC as a right back.

As it stands only Marvin is presently under consideration from the manager who has monitored his progress, but still believe his chances are slim unless he move to a club playing in a division higher than where he is playing now.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/08/ajani-brothers-relatively-unknown-german-nigerian-full-back-duo-working-hard-for-rohrs-attention/

5th division?? 3rd Tier??

It appears owngoalnigeria is just trying to help some people's careers.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
This Bonaventure guy is good...showed glimpses of his potential today.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
AJANI BROTHERS – Relatively Unknown German-Nigerian Full Back Duo Working Hard For Rohr’s Attention

The international career of German Nigerian brothers Patrick and Marvin Ajani, who are presently playing for FC Wegberg-Beeck and Hallescher FC respectively are putting in their best to gain international recognition from Nigeria.

The coach of the Nigeria team Gernot Rohr has expressed his unhappiness over the lack of depth in the full back positions of the Super Eagles, but the duo still have a lot to do, to force their way into his plans.

They will have to move up to teams in a division higher than where they are playing now, if they want to catch the attention of the German coach of the team, who is keen on luring Nigerian players born abroad to play for the Super Eagles.

While 27 year old Patrick is a centre back or left back and plays in the fifth tier in Germany, 23 year old Marvin plays for third tier side Hallescher FC as a right back.

As it stands only Marvin is presently under consideration from the manager who has monitored his progress, but still believe his chances are slim unless he move to a club playing in a division higher than where he is playing now.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016 /12/08/ajani-brothers- relatively-unknown-german- nigerian-full-back- duo-working-hard-for-rohrs- attention/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:39am On Dec 09, 2016
Keep an eye on that Bonaventure lad of Zorya... He's got some fine potentials. wink
Europa League Wrap: Aminu Notches Assist;
Bonaventure Plays Against Man Utd; Kayode, Nosa Crash Out; Esiti, Echiejile, Emenike Subbed In

Catch up on the performances of players of
Nigerian descent in the UEFA Europa League on
Thursday evening.

Nigeria U23 international Umar Aminu was introduced in the 74th minute as Osmanlıspor beat Zurich 2-0 at Osmanlı Stadı (Ankara). He notched an assist one minute from time.

Teammate Raheem Lawal wasn’t involved. Belgian side Gent advanced to the round of 32 following their 1-0 win vs Konyaspor in Turkey.

Of the three Nigeria internationals that started on the bench, only Anderson Esiti subbed in with 21 minutes remaining. He was booked in the 77th minute.

Winger Moses Simon and Rabiu Ibrahim were non-playing substitutes.

Austria Vienna finished bottom of Group E after
losing 3-2 to Viktoria Plzeň at Doosan Aréna
(Plzeň). Their number eight Kayode Olarenwaju played the full game and was booked in the 90th minute.

Maccabi Tel Aviv missed out on qualification
despite beating Dundalk 2-1. Super Eagles
midfielder Nosa Igiebor started and played 84 minutes of the contest at Winner Stadium.

Over to the Stadion Feijenoord (Rotterdam),
former Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Emenike came on in the 75th minute in Fenerbahce’s 1-0 win over the Dutch opponents. The Turkish side qualified.

Ex-Nigeria U15 international Dennis Bonaventure subbed in eight minutes out of
intermission in Zorya’s 2-0 loss to Manchester
United in Odessa.

Brown Ideye put in a full shift in attack but could not prevent Olympiakos from losing 2-0 to APOEL at Neo GSP.

Leon Balogun was an unused substitute in Mainz 05’s 2-0 win over Azerbaijani club Qabala.

Elderson Echiejile was introduced eleven
minutes after the restart as Standard Liege were
held to a 1-1 draw by Ajax Amsterdam at Stade
Maurice Dufrasne.

John Ogu and Anthony Nwakaeme both
started and lasted the distance in Hapoel Beer
Sheva’s 1-1 draw at Southampton.
The midfielder was booked in the 42nd minute. Saints youngster Olufela Olomola wasn’t involved.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21343

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:29am On Dec 09, 2016
KELECHI IHEANACHO: HE SCORES WHEN HE STARTS

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS: Kelechi Iheanacho has the chance to prove himself over
the next few weeks

They may be big boots to fill, but no-one may be better qualified to step into Sergio Aguero’s than Kelechi Iheanacho.

With a goal or assist every 71 minutes this season (five goals and three assists in eight games), and 19 goals in 18 starts, the Nigerian striker is in red-hot form – and it’s timely.

With fellow forward Aguero suspended for four
domestic games, Iheanacho is the natural
replacement. With stats like that, there is cause
for optimism – and the 20-year-old says he is
ready for the challenge.

"I have a responsibility to be the striker for the
team, replacing Sergio when he is not around,"
he says.

"I have to prove myself, give my best and work
hard for the team and make sure we get the wins we need."

Iheanacho was on the scoresheet in Tuesday’s
1-1 Champions League draw with Celtic – his
second goal in just 15 minutes of European
action, latching onto Nolito’s through-ball before
smashing past Craig Gordon to equalise.

It was a sweet finish – perhaps one we are not
used to from a man more often found converting crosses (equally pleasingly!)

With a passing accuracy of 77%, plus two of three shots on target, he was voted the CityMatchday app users’ Man of the Match.

After the game, Pep Guardiola praised his striker, insisting there is no pressure on him and that he simply has to continue to do what he has been doing.

Kelechi's heat map vs Celtic

Aguero himself echoed those sentiments.
Iheanacho explained: “Before we played Celtic [he said] that it’s up to me now to fill that gap, to carry the team along.

“He’s telling me I should do very well and they
are words of encouragement from him. So I’m
going to do it.”

Pablo Zabaleta also backed the Nigerian to shine, deeming him ‘ready’ for the fact Guardiola will be relying on him now more than ever.

From the moment Iheanacho burst on the scene, he has been tipped for greatness. His first City goal – a last-minute winner at Crystal Palace with his first touch– rendered him an instant hero with the Blue faithful, and now there is an air of expectation when his name appears in the starting XI or his number is held aloft by the fourth official.

Following his strike against Celtic, the striker has earned plenty of acclaim from journalists of the footballing world too.

Four Four Two were particularly impressed with
his goal, stating: “It was the sort of dead-eyed
finishing the 20-year-old has made his calling
card since being elevated to City's first-team
squad by Manuel Pellegrini last season.

“Iheanacho also showed other strings to his bow by orchestrating a move midway through the second half only for Nolito's celebrations to be cut short by the linesman's flag.

“Indeed, there was enough pleasing interplay
from Nolito and Iheanacho to suggest they could function as a pair. Even without Aguero,
Guardiola's options in attack remain plentiful.”

As reported in our daily media round-up, the
Mirror’s John Cross wrote: “Incredibly, Iheanacho
has now scored 13 goals in 18 starts for
Manchester City. That is some goal scoring record for a 20-year-old who is still seen as back-up for Sergio Aguero or a supersub.

“Those stats prove he can do it in the big games from the start. He has got pace, movement and a prolific eye for goal.

“Maybe, just maybe, City might not miss Aguero during his four game domestic ban as much as we thought.

“And maybe it will give Iheanacho the chance to prove he can deliver on a regular basis in the
Premier League.”

The Daily Mail’s Jack Gaughan scribed:
“Unassuming off the pitch, the Nigerian has bite
in the box and is a deadly finisher”, while an
article on BT Sports’ website reads: “Iheanacho
made a positive impression after being promoted to the first-team squad by Manuel Pellegrini last season, scoring 14 goals.

“He has found opportunities harder to come by
since Pep Guardiola took charge in the summer,
but has still struck five times.”

UEFA.com agreed: “The Nigerian has an
impressive sense of where the goal is, as he
demonstrated after eight minutes. There might
have been more but he will hope he has showed
Josep Guardiola that he can go some way towards filling the gap left by Sergio Agüero's domestic suspension in the coming weeks."

The Premier League website also revealed Fantasy Football Managers had been quick to snap up the Nigerian.

The Scout divulged: “With Sergio Aguero
(£13.0m) suspended for the next four
Gameweeks the Argentinian was left on the
substitutes bench, and Iheanacho led the line
convincingly in Tuesday night's match against
Celtic.

“Iheanacho, who has produced a goal and an
assist in two of his three Premier League starts in 2016/17, next faces a Leicester side who have conceded two goals in four successive
Gameweeks.

“More than 45,000 FPL managers have drafted in Iheanacho since last weekend's deadline as a
result of Aguero’s ban.”

While City’s upcoming opponents may have been rubbing their hands together at the knowledge they would not have to come up against Aguero, their confidence may well take a stutter with the realisation 20-year-old Iheanacho will likely feature instead.

Without tempting fate, let’s hope his ruthless
streak continues…

Source: http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/2016/12/07/man-city-striker-kelechi-iheanacho-scores-when-he-starts/1481117051769

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:32am On Dec 09, 2016
tbaba1234:

5th division?? 3rd Tier??

It appears owngoalnigeria is just trying to help some people's careers.
My brother i wonder o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:27am On Dec 09, 2016
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:22am On Dec 09, 2016
Icon79:

Doesn't matter. No one gets rated based on "quality" alone. The name of the game is what have you done for me lately.

The fact remains that Isaac has not done enough this season to merit being on the list. I am not questioning his ability but, for reasons best known to him, the Watford coach didn't want to playing at the start of season. And unfortunately, Isaac got injured just when the coach wants to give him serious playing time.
What has any young player done lately? Is it Rashford that is setting the world on fire, Isaac has done more in 3 games than he has all season. He already has a man of the match award and he destroyed one of the best CB's in the league in like 5 minutes, what else would u like to see before u believe?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:05am On Dec 09, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: Rohr In England For Talks With
Chelsea Duo Ola Aina & Tammy Abrahams, Ibe & Anichebe Too

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr arrived England yesterday to hold talks with Anglo-Nigerian players over committing their international future to Nigeria.

Rohr was with Wolverhampton Wanderers shot
stopper Carl Ikeme yesterday to check up on the progress of the 30 year old, who only recently returned from an injury that made him miss Nigeria’s last game against Algeria.

The manager will meet with Sunderland forward Victor Anichebe later today over his plans for the power playing forward to return back to the team, he last played for in 2012.

However top of the manager’s menu will be talks with three England youth internationals over switching their international future to Nigeria.

Tammy Abrahams, Ola Aina and Jordon Ibe are all going to meet with the Nigeria manager, who will roll out his plans for them and that of the Super Eagles ahead the resumption of World Cup 2018 qualifiers.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/09/exclusive-rohr-in-england-for-talks-with-chelsea-duo-ola-aina-tammy-abrahams-ibe-anichebe-too/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I hope you know City will soon face Liverpool.

Liverpool return to Melwood for training after visiting Barcelona for short warm weather camp

The Reds had been taking advantage of their lack of European football by using their spare time to travel abroad and enjoy some warm weather training

ByAaron Flanagan,
16:41, 7 DEC 2016
Updated16:41, 7 DEC 2016
Liverpool are back in training at Melwood after returning from a short training camp in Barcelona.

Jurgen Klopp took his stars out to Spain at the start of the week for a spot of warm-weather training.

They also travelled to the Nou Camp on Tuesday night, where they watched the 4-0 victory over Borussia Monchengladbach in the Champions League.
Messi was on-song with a first half goal in front of the Liverpool stars and their boss, showing the type of challenge they want to face next year should they stay in the top four.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:11am On Dec 09, 2016
EXCLUSIVE – Rohr Reserves Special Role For
Anichebe, Ogu & Esiti Ahead Clash With Cameroon

The coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot
Rohr has started planning in earnest for Nigeria’s next World Cup 2018 qualifiers game against Cameroon, Owngoalnigeria.com understands.

Group leaders Nigeria will take on second place
Cameroon in back to back games, when the CAF
qualifying series resumes next year, first in
Yaounde before they clash in Uyo.

We gathered after reviewing videos of how
Cameroon love to play with his video analyst, the Franco-German coach has tipped three players to play prominent role in the clash, if they maintain their club form.

”The Cameroonians are very physical and when
you look at their impressive height, we can’t
approach them without having a plan on how to
nullify the threat they could pose”, a source said.

”Rohr has looked around and strongly believes
that the trio of Anderson Esiti, John Ogu and
Victor Anichebe will be useful in the game for
obvious reasons, but it all depends on their form
when the qualifiers resume”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/09/9961/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2016
EXCLUSIVE – No Chelsea Solanke In List Of
Five New Faces In Super Eagles Squad For
Senegal Friendly

Owngoalnigeria.com understands that coach of
the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has
penciled down a possible list of five players he
intends to call up for the friendly against
Cameroon.

However contrary to public speculations, Chelsea teen forward Dominic Solanke is not included as he is yet to agree to a potential switch of international career from England, where he is a youth international to Nigeria.

Rohr is wary of a repeat of the drama that
happened when Tyroone Ebuehi turned down the chance to team up with the Super Eagles during the last World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Algeria.

”We want to avoid a repeat of what happened
last time out with Ebuehi, so Solanke won’t be
called up, at least for now until talks and grey
areas are ironed out properly”, a source close to
the coach told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”For now Olarenwaju Kayode, Anthony
Nwakaeme, Victor Anichebe, David Nwokolor and Isacc Success if he is fit, are the players most likely to be in the squad for the friendly game against Senegal”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/09/exclusive-no-chelsea-solanke-in-list-of-five-new-faces-in-super-eagles-squad-for-senegal-friendly/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:35am On Dec 09, 2016
joseph1013:
The guy is the king of incompetence and misyarn.

“Don’t forget that nobody even knew the team will emerge victorious. If we were confident they will emerge victorious, all the federation would have done is to plan for process of participation and entitlement."

Dalung did more rallying than anyone else for the super falcons, u could tell their success meant a lot to him. Like I said I blame the NFF, Dalung can't even legally intervene in our football so I don't get why his name keeps coming up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Liverpool return to Melwood for training after visiting Barcelona for short warm weather camp

The Reds had been taking advantage of their lack of European football by using their spare time to travel abroad and enjoy some warm weather training

ByAaron Flanagan,
16:41, 7 DEC 2016
Updated16:41, 7 DEC 2016
Liverpool are back in training at Melwood after returning from a short training camp in Barcelona.

Jurgen Klopp took his stars out to Spain at the start of the week for a spot of warm-weather training.

They also travelled to the Nou Camp on Tuesday night, where they watched the 4-0 victory over Borussia Monchengladbach in the Champions League.
Messi was on-song with a first half goal in front of the Liverpool stars and their boss, showing the type of challenge they want to face next year should they stay in the top four.

I posted the picture on this thread and that page had an article on this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28am On Dec 09, 2016
.......Because..... He keeps dropping statements buttered with all manner of childish reasoning and silliness.

BascoVanVeli:

Dalung did more rallying than anyone else for the super falcons, u could tell their success meant a lot to him. Like I said I blame the NFF, Dalung can't even legally intervene in our football so I don't get why his name keeps coming up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:35am On Dec 09, 2016
Top Five January Transfer Targets Nigerian Players In Europe

With the January transfer window set to open in less than four weeks, Nigeria’s top transfer market expert, Ifeanyi Emmanuel, takes a look at five Nigerian players who may likely jump ship.

1) Name : Obi Mikel
Club : Chelsea Linked with : Valencia, Manchester United, Marseille, Chinese Super League clubs Probable Cost : €6 million Comments : Once again, Mikel’s wage demands are proving to be a stumbling block with the midfielder asking for around ten million euros gross salary per season. And based on his demands, a move to China, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates may be on the cards in the coming months.

2) Name : Oghenekaro Etebo
Club : CD Feirense Linked with : French clubs Probable Cost : €5,000,000 Comments : Etebo is a big fish in a small pond at his Portuguese club, and it is known that several mysterious European teams are monitoring his progress at CD Feirense. In truth, no bid has been received at this very moment by Feirense but preliminary talks have taken place about a transfer next month.

3) Name : Godfrey Oboabona
Club : Rizespor Probable Cost : €2,000,000 Comments : The central defender has entered the final six months of his contract with Rizespor, and it is understood that he has no plans to extend his stay at Rize.

4) Name : Efe Ambrose
Club : Celtic Linked with : Belgian, Chinese clubs Probable Cost : €1,500,000 Comments : Efe Ambrose is out of favour at Celtic so much so that the Scottish Premier League champs are prepared to lose all their investments on the player by allowing him leave for nothing six months before the expiration of his contract.

5) Name : William Troost-Ekong
Club : Gent Linked with : English, German clubs Probable Cost : €6,000,000 Comments : Troost-Ekong has grown by leaps and bounds in 2016. Despite his loan agreement with FKH not extended, this hasn’t speculation about his future with teams in Germany and England credited with an interest.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21346

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2016
Chelsea WB Victor Moses Reveals Loans Damage On Family

Super Eagles striker Victor Moses has once again revealed the negative effect of his loan spells on his family.

Recall that he was shipped out on loan to Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham United by former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho as he was
not not in the plans of the Portuguese tactician.

Moses who has been a regular starter in the
Chelsea squad under new coach Antonio Conte
said he was frustrated during this periods.

“I’ve been a little bit frustrated, I’m not going to lie. The loan spells have taken their toll,” said
Moses to sport-magazine.co.uk.

“You spend about a month-plus in the hotel
before you find your own place to stay – stuff
there kind of plays in your head, and obviously
the kids have to go to another place, go to school.

“I’ve not actually had time to relax. When the
season finishes, you have to move back to London again, and those kind of things play in a
footballer’s head.”

The PFA Fans’ Player of the Month for November, who has been moved to the right flank with the new Italian tactician 3-4-3 formation, expressed gratitude to teammate Cesar Azipilicueta for helping him adjust properly to the new role.

“He understands it more than I do, so he’s
constantly talking to me, making sure that I’m in the right place and that really helps me,” explains Moses.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21344

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46am On Dec 09, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
.......Because..... He keeps dropping statements buttered with all manner of childish reasoning and silliness.

Nope he just tells the truth and it hurts sometimes. He is the minister of sports not just football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:52am On Dec 09, 2016
He doesn't tell any "truth". He spews trash. He doesn't know how to even communicate Truth.

And being minister is exactly why he should be a model for others to follow even if he's minister of the moon.

Sir Basco... I've always known you to play the devil's advocate sometimes so well. smiley On this Dalung matter, you are on a da-loooooonnnnggg thing.... Lol

BascoVanVeli:

Nope he just tells the truth and it hurts sometimes. He is the minister of sports not just football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:04am On Dec 09, 2016
Nigeria, Nike set for extended deal

Nigeria’s good start to the Fifa 2018 World Cup
qualifiers has apparently started yielding
dividends as sportswear giants, Nike, is looking to extend the kit deal with the Nigeria Football
Federation (NFF).

Nike replaced another sportswear firm Adidas as the official supplier of uniforms of the Nigerian national football teams after the latter opted out of the arrangement in 2015.

The deal with Nike was to start from June 2015
and into 2018 but did not extend into the World
Cup proper in June 2018.

Apparently, Nike has taken stock of Nigeria’s
recent leap in the Fifa ranking and 100 per cent
start to the 2018 Fifa World Cup qualifiers which
have convinced the sportswear company to
extend the kit deal to cover the World Cup period and beyond.

A meeting is scheduled to take place on Friday,
December 9 in London to sign the new deal
where Nike’s representatives will meet with the
president of the NFF, Amaju Pinnick and the
minister of sports, Solomon Dalung, to thrash out the new deal.

Nike is expected to launch a new kit for the Super Eagles during the ceremony in a bid to celebrate the new deal.

The company recently released two designs
which were used during the Olympic Games by
the Under-23 side and the Fifa World Cup qualifier against Algeria in Uyo.

The American sportswear firm kits major clubs like Barcelona, Inter Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and recently signed a mega-rich deal with English side Chelsea.

They also kit Brazil, European champions
Portugal, England, the United States, Australia
and South Korea to mention a few.

Source: http://mobi.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/161209/Nigeria_Nike_set_for_extended_deal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 11:35am On Dec 09, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

I'm here wondering where that question is coming from. Any active follower of sports knows how childish and brainless that man and his opinions are.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
Efe Ambrose has not played football in a while but i am almost certain that he would have played the qualifiers against Zambia and Algeria if Siasia was the coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
I saw this on Africanfootball or so but ignored as NFF mata don tire me but seeing it again today I guess I just have to share....

I tot Chris Green and Amaju Pinnick were always on the same page... E be like say casala don burst within their caucus..... It's all about that CAF Exco seat..... #JustSaying

And uhmm... @bolded.. Is that his way making his digs at pinnick seem mild? Loolll

Amaju Pinnick Killing Football in Nigeria –
Chris Green

•Says CAF seat bid not approved by NFF board

There seems to be no peace in the executive
board of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF),
since the news of the President, Amaju Pinnick’s
submission of his nomination form for an
executive seat in the Confederation of African
Football (CAF) broke out.

Chairman of the NFF Technical Committee, Chris Green, yesterday described Nigerian football as a sinking ship under the administration of Pinnick.

Green, who stated in a telephone chat that the
members of the Executive Committee of the
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) are at dagger-
drown, described as inordinate, the ambition of
the football federation president, Pinnick, to
contest for a seat at the Confederation of Africa
Football (CAF) executive committee.

He accused him of placing personal ambition
above that of national interest and urged him
(Pinnick) to concentrate his energy in redirecting the sinking ship of Nigerian football.

He stressed that unlike the board did during the time of former President Aminu Maigari, Pinnick’s decision to contest for a CAF seat was neither deliberated at the NFF board meeting nor given the endorsement of the Federal Government.

“I just read that Amaju has sent in nomination
through the General Secretary of the NFF. I want to say that there was no time the executive committee of NFF met to come out with a decision authorising Amaju to contest in the CAF executive committee.

“For such decision to be taken, it must be done
by majority of the NFF board in concurrent with
the Ministry of Sports representing the Federal
Government. The procedure must be followed
because it is not a personal position since
anybody going there is going to represent
Nigeria. For now, I don’t think it is proper for any member of this present board to embark on such a mission.

“There is a lot to be done in Nigeria to stabilise
the ship of football in this country. We have to
look for sponsors that will help redirect the
financial situation facing us and put us in the
proper footing. How should one of the best heads in the federation who is supposed to sit down and think of the way forward abandon his responsibility and donate himself to CAF?” He
queried.

“If truth must be told, the present situation in
Nigerian football is facing does not need a
distraction like this. Recall that when Aminu
Maigari contested, he had the backing of the
board and federal government. FG did not only
back him but supported him financially. It is the
same thing Ibrahim Galadima and Amos Adamu
contested,” he said.

Source: http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/amaju-pinnick-killing-football-in-nigeria-chris-green/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
He doesn't tell any "truth". He spews trash. He doesn't know how to even communicate Truth.

And being minister is exactly why he should be a model for others to follow even if he's minister of the moon.

Sir Basco... I've always known you to play the devil's advocate sometimes so well. smiley On this Dalung matter, you are on a da-loooooonnnnggg thing.... Lol

I don't play devils advocate so much u have nothing on him this time it is simple as that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Badbunny, joelsteron and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.