Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11645946 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
But you do play the "role" at all like you're doing now... U've even said so once yourself wink

And you make it sound like I wanna send him to prison. What's my business with Dalung? My business is with Nigerian Football and its main actors.... Our players. Let them be treated right.

You left the question asked on the falcons' thread about his part in that 42million naira chartered flight "hanging".... Yet you say there's nothing to say about Dalung's foolishness. Kwantinu...

You just wanna sound different on this Dalung matter and focus on his "little good" well, sorry, Dalung's words and acts keep implicating him and you're doing such a poor job defending him especially when there's nothing to defend. Simple as that... smiley

BascoVanVeli:

I don't play devils advocate so much u have nothing on him this time it is simple as that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
tbaba1234:
Efe Ambrose has not played football in a while but i am almost certain that he would have played the qualifiers against Zambia and Algeria if Siasia was the coach.

this is your assumption, not the fact on ground. If you rush in to perform a kidney transplant with the assumption that a suitable kidney donor will be found ASAP, that is pure death for the patient, don't assume, Siasia isn't here anymore and if I remember well at the Olympics, he did bench some of his supposed 'boys'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I posted the picture on this thread and that page had an article on this.

he is not getting your point which is vividly clear. When you watch a game on tv, you only see what the camera wants you to see, if as a leftback you are told to study Alba for example and on the day in question most of barcelona's attacking moves starts flowing through the right, the camera will focus on the right side so you won't be able to monitor his movements off the ball, I believe that's why they were there, to perfect their pressing system. It is easy to understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Mickael2:

this is your assumption, not the fact on ground. If you rush in to perform a kidney transplant with the assumption that a suitable kidney donor will be found ASAP, that is pure death for the patient, don't assume, Siasia isn't here anymore and if I remember well at the Olympics, he did bench some of his supposed 'boys'

The same Olympics that Ndifreke was our first sub, someone that was not even supposed to be there. That guy is one of the worst players to represent Nigeria in the Olympics.

We has Sincere Seth playing centre back and he dropped Ekpolo and did not even invite Ndidi.

I have no doubt that we will be having the same kind of curious selections if Sia1 was coach.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ndidi, Man of the match today against against italian side Sassuolo.

Lots of tackles put in.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
But you do play the "role" at all like you're doing now... U've even said so once yourself wink

And you make it sound like I wanna send him to prison. What's my business with Dalung? My business is with Nigerian Football and its main actors.... Our players. Let them be treated right.

You left the question asked on the falcons' thread about his part in that 42million naira chartered flight "hanging".... Yet you say there's nothing to say about Dalung's foolishness. Kwantinu...

You just wanna sound different on this Dalung matter and focus on his "little good" well, sorry, Dalung's words and acts keep implicating him and you're doing such a poor job defending him especially when there's nothing to defend. Simple as that... smiley

Playing devil's advocate is when u just argue a point because it's there, u have no attachment to the point u just bring it up. I actually believe in wat i am saying if not i would have let u know from the beginning that i was infact playing devil's advocate, that's how that works just like i did in the one instance that there was which u r still holding on to.
I didn't get into the 42 million issue because it was just silly. Obviously Dalung is a minister and a plane will always be ready for him to fly, Pinnick hitched a ride the end. Dalung is an educated minister of my country and so i will never call him foolish, i would just say i don't agree with him like i did when Goodluck saved Keshi's job. I just don't agree with the way people are understanding his comments simple and plain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
tbaba1234:

The same Olympics that Ndifreke was our first sub, someone that was not even supposed to be there. That guy is one of the worst players to represent Nigeria in the Olympics.

We has Sincere Seth playing centre back and he dropped Ekpolo and did not even invite Ndidi.

I have no doubt that we will be having the same kind of curious selections if Sia1 was coach.

Do you think that Ndidi would have cemented a place at his club if he went to the Olympics? There are a lot of backroom politics that you do not know about

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
Europa League team of the Group Stages. Guess who's on

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
safarigirl:
Europa League team of the Group Stages. Guess who's on
Pogba made it.
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
JixNation:
Pogba made it. grin
Whick kin wahala be this? She is talking about Ndidi na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
Mickael2:

Do you think that Ndidi would have cemented a place at his club if he went to the Olympics? There are a lot of backroom politics that you do not know about

Ndidi was already a super regular at his team before the Olympics. The club's condition for releasing him was that he played regularly at the olympics. That's understandable. We did not have better players at the Olympics anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Playing devil's advocate is when u just argue a point because it's there, u have no attachment to the point u just bring it up. I actually believe in wat i am saying if not i would have let u know from the beginning that i was infact playing devil's advocate, that's how that works just like i did in the one instance that there was which u r still holding on to.
I didn't get into the 42 million issue because it was just silly. Obviously Dalung is a minister and a plane will always be ready for him to fly, Pinnick hitched a ride the end. Dalung is an educated minister of my country and so i will never call him foolish, i would just say i don't agree with him like i did when Goodluck saved Keshi's job. I just don't agree with the way people are understanding his comments simple and plain.

If someone constantly makes foolish utterances, what does that make him?

We should all be ashamed that such an irredeemable fool is part of the government of a nation filled with bright young minds. Is Dalung better than you? Do you give people unmerited respect based on the fact they occupy a position even if they are clueless as to how to run it?

When Dalung starts making utterances befitting of one who holds his position, he will be accorded respect. Until then, the rest of us will constantly refer to him in the manner he has conducted himself so far

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
safarigirl:

If someone constantly makes foolish utterances, what does that make him?

We should all be ashamed that such an irredeemable fool is part of the government of a nation filled with bright young minds. Is Dalung better than you? Do you give people unmerited respect based on the fact they occupy a position even if they are clueless as to how to run it?

When Dalung starts making utterances befitting of one who holds his position, he will be accorded respect. Until then, the rest of us will constantly refer to him in the manner he has conducted himself so far

I just hear anger with little justification. I personally don't see a thing wrong with what he has said. Yes he is part of the government but so is the first lady. All u can tell me is that it would have been better coming from a different source but u can't call what he said fooollish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
Seems we all have our definitions for what "foolish" is.... smiley

Anyway, enough of this "Da-looooonnnngggg" matter.... It's already taking too long. Fact is Dalung deserves the stick he's getting from Nigerian fans/sports enthusiasts.

I was hoping this was another devil's advocate stunt of yours BUT NOOOO... You're just hell bent on defending him. It's okay. smiley

BascoVanVeli:

I just hear anger with little justification. I personally don't see a thing wrong with what he has said. Yes he is part of the government but so is the first lady. All u can tell me is that it would have been better coming from a different source but u can't call what he said fooollish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Dalung did more rallying than anyone else for the super falcons, u could tell their success meant a lot to him. Like I said I blame the NFF, Dalung can't even legally intervene in our football so I don't get why his name keeps coming up.
The man no get small wisdom. He does't know how to speak.
He is ill equiped when it comes to public speech.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
tbaba1234:

Ndidi was already a super regular at his team before the Olympics. The club's condition for releasing him was that he played regularly at the olympics. That's understandable. We did not have better players at the Olympics anyway.

As at then, do you think that Ndidi would have done a better job than Azubuike as our primary destroyer? Do you think that Ndidi could have covered totally for Mikel's defensive inabilities?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

foolishness is not concluded by one statement....one can only be foolish after a series of foolish actions and statements and Dalung has proven himself such.

You suddenly want to exonerate him from foolishness based on one perceived 'unfoolish' statement? Me, I'm judging him on his comments from the start, not just this one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Seems we all have our definitions for what "foolish" is.... smiley

Anyway, enough of this "Da-looooonnnngggg" matter.... It's already taking too long. Fact is Dalung deserves the stick he's getting from Nigerian fans/sports enthusiasts.

I was hoping this was another devil's advocate stunt of yours BUT NOOOO... You're just hell bent on defending him. It's okay. smiley

U have not disproved anything i've said and I must ask another one, does the minister have money at his disposal or does he have to go through senate or the house?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
Mickael2:

As at then, do you think that Ndidi would have done a better job than Azubuike as our primary destroyer? Do you think that Ndidi could have covered totally for Mikel's defensive inabilities?

He would have done a better job plus, he could have replaced Usman Muhammad as well. He does it every week at club level and in the Europa cup. He has the highest number of successful interceptions and tackles in the Europa cup this season.

Plus he could have played CB instead of sincere seth.

The last olympics had no benefit for the super eagles because we used players that were not yet at the level to play for the senior team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pavarotti: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
Wilfred Ndidi Will Fill Ngolo Kante’s Void: Ex Premier League Boss

Ex-Birmingham, Aston Villa and Racing Genk boss Alex McLeish believes Nigerian youngster Wilfred Ndidi is well-suited to the Premier League and has what it takes to fill the void the departure Ngolo Kante left in the English Premier League Champions midfield

Leicester City who were champions last season are struggling this season and are in the lower reaches of the Premier League a situation which has been attributed to the loss of Ngolo Kante to EPL giants Chelsea for £30million in August.

In an attempt to stem the slide and arrest the situation the ... http://www.soccerassembly.com/2383-2/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
safarigirl:
foolishness is not concluded by one statement....one can only be foolish after a series of foolish actions and statements and Dalung has proven himself such.

You suddenly want to exonerate him from foolishness based on one perceived 'unfoolish' statement? Me, I'm judging him on his comments from the start, not just this one

I can't stop u from expressing yourself, that is the way u feel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
Mickael2:

If I get u right with Mikel in d starting line up,player like Ndidi w find it difficult as DM coz of Mikel defensive inabilities.

Pls i w want u to explain more on what u mean by Mikel defensive inabilities.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
tbaba1234:

He would have done a better job plus, he could have replaced Usman Muhammad as well. He does it every week at club level and in the Europa cup. He has the highest number of successful interceptions and tackles in the Europa cup this season.

Plus he could have played CB instead of sincere seth.

The last olympics had no benefit for the super eagles because we used players that were not yet at the level to play for the senior team.
Honestly i used to under rate Ndidi due to his displayed against Zambia though as a RB in that match but recently am more convinced that d boy is good and Onazi should brace up.

If he makes d last Olympic team,though his club w not release him,he would have be a plus to Mikel coz the guy is very intelligent and read d game very well.There is difference between him and Azubuike.When w talk of DM,Azubuike can be classified as a brawl DM without finesse but Ndidi got d class.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kog45:
Honestly i used to under rate Ndidi due to his displayed against Zambia though as a RB in that match but recently am more convinced that d boy is good and Onazi should brace up.

If he makes d last Olympic team,though his club w not release him,he would have be a plus to Mikel coz the guy is very intelligent and read d game very well.There is difference between him and Azubuike.When w talk of DM,Azubuike can be classified as a brawl DM without finesse but Ndidi got d class.

I agree.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kog45:

Azubuike has finesse in his game, he even dribbles too much sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
Before the last match...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
More on Ndidi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
tbaba1234:
Super impressive. This shows he's the second best player in the Europa league. Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
Basco.... I don't have time to stay on discussions about an incompetent dude as dalung. U wanna defend him after all have happened from Rio 2016 till this point...... Then be my guest. But me, I'm out.... So much for wanting to sound different. smiley

BascoVanVeli:

U have not disproved anything i've said and I must ask another one, does the minister have money at his disposal or does he have to go through senate or the house?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
Same thing can be said for you too.... You're just blatantly defending him in the face of obvious gaffe and blunders on his part. Blunders that you refuse to see or read in the media. smiley

No one can stop u from seeing things the way u wanna see things. smiley

BascoVanVeli:

I can't stop u from expressing yourself, that is the way u feel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
CC:thegoodjoe
Icon4
. Supernerd
. basconvanveli
. tbaba
goldfish
. Joseph1013
pls I had an argument with a friend on why Kanu Nwankwo was one of d best striker to have come out of Nigeria that w always be on my S/E xi but my friend disagreed that cannot w never make his S/E xi,citing his reasons like 87 appearances wit 12 goal,5 Afcon,3 W/C without a goal.

He said i should do my research and i did thorough research on d past and present S/E attacking players with Rasheed Yekini 58 app/37 goals,Segun Odegbami 46 app/23goals,Yakubu Aiyegbeni 57/21 goals,Obafemi Martins 41 app/18,Samson siasia 51 app/16 goals,Aghaowa 32 app/14 goals,Daniel Amokachie 44 app/13 goals,Ahmed Musa 60 app/11 goals,Osase Odewengie app 63/10 goals,Amuneke 27 app/9 goals,Victor Moses 27 app/9 goals,Emenike 37 app/9 goals,Victor Ikpeba 31 app/7 goals,Ideye 27 app/6 goals,Finidi 62 app/6 goals,Agali 12 app/5 goals,Babaginda 36 app/5 goals.

After this,i told him Kanu has more assists than any Nigeria player which he disagreed,citing Amokachie, Siasia and Finidi as d best in assists in super eagle history.

I told him look this guy won Africa footballer of d year twice,he said Ikpeba won it also,is Ikpeba rated than Okocha or Amokachie when w talk of super eagles.

Pls house what really make Kanu so special that he was so valuable to super eagle during his playing career coz i respect his talent than any other Nigeria striker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.