Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3995) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11625148 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3992) (3993) (3994) (3995) (3996) (3997) (3998) ... (16134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2018
English 3rd Division Side Plymouth Linked With Efe Ambrose
June 10, 2018 9:09 am

English League One (third division) side Plymouth Argyle are being linked with Nigeria international Efe Ambrose.

According to Plymouth Herald, it is believed the club turned their attention to Ambrose who plays for Scottish Premiership side Hibernian following the possible exit of defender Sonny Bradley.

Bradley announced on his Twitter account on Friday of his intention to reject the Plymouth’s offer of a new contract and find a new club for the forthcoming season.

Luton Town remain the most likely destination for Bradley, but his departure from Plymouth means manager Derek Adams will be looking to sign a new centre half.

Niall Canavan has already arrived, following his release by Rochdale, but with Ryan Edwards the only other centre back for Plymouth right now, it is an area that will need strengthening.

Ambrose, 29, joined Hibernian last summer from Scottish rivals Celtic, and he went on to make 45 appearances last season, scoring three goals.

He has a year remaining on his current contract with the Hibernian.

He was a member of the Super Eagles squad to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/english-3rd-division-side-plymouth-linked-with-efe-ambrose/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:25am On Jun 10, 2018
Mascherano Fears “Tough, Disorganised” Super Eagles Can Cause Argentina Problems
June 9, 2018 8:10 pm

Former Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano has stated that the Super Eagles of Nigeria are capable of destabilizing Argentina at this summer’s World Cup.

Mascherano made this known in an interview with English publication, The Guardian, while assessing Argentina’s Group D opponents. Apart from Nigeria and Argentina, the group also has Iceland and Croatia.

This will be the third time Mascherano will be facing the Super Eagles at the World Cup when both teams clash in Group D at this year’s tournament in Russia.

The defender-cum-midfielder was in the Argentina squad that beat the Super Eagles at the South Africa 2010 (1-0) and Brazil 2014 (3-2) World Cups.

He was in the Argentine team that surrendered a 2-0 lead to lose 4-2 to the Super Eagles in a friendly game in Russia in 2017.

“Iceland are a new team in the sense that they maybe don’t have a long football tradition but they’re a generation of players that have made history recently, with spectacular success at Euro 16, and qualifying ahead of Croatia,” former Barcelona star Mascherano told The Guardian.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mascherano-fears-tough-disorganised-super-eagles-can-cause-argentina-problems/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by diggy4real: 10:28am On Jun 10, 2018
Certitude:

His deliveries are good but make him no dey take direct one.
The direct ones are my problem with him. Who can if not Nacho with his magical left-foot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2018
Echiejile “Honoured” To Serve Nigeria At Russia 2018 World Cup
June 9, 2018 9:34 pm

Super Eagles left-back, Elderson Echiejil,e says he is honoured to be part of Nigeria’s 23-man squad to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Nigeria will face Croatia, Iceland and Argentina in Group D in their sixth apprearance at the World Cup in Russia.

Echiejile who missed out on the 2014 edition held in Brazil due to a injury expressed his delight by posting a tweet beneath the team’s group photograph shared via the official handle of the Super Eagles.

“Nigeria, it is honour to serve you
#Russiaherewecome #Naijaforlife #eue3 #positivevibes #supereagles #nff,” Echiejile tweeted on Saturday.

Echiejile has made 61 apprearances for the Super Eagles since he made his debut in 2010.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/echiejile-honoured-to-serve-nigeria-at-russia-2018-world-cup/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Catalyst4real: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2018
Whatever formation and whatever tactics we intend to use. Iheanacho and Ighalo must start.

Moses is clearly not a team player when it really matters, too selfish and always chasing personal glory. makes futile unsuccessful dribbles even when team mates are well positioned to receive a pass
I'd like to see him on the bench

3-5-2 formation is just perfect with iheanacho and Ighalo upfront

I'll also like to see Iwobi playing in front of Mikel, while Mikel has more composure and calmness, needed in the midfield, Iwobi is more creative and has an eye for goal!

Whoever will be playing right back against Croatia has to be weary of Perisic, he's a combination of speed and dribbles. His crosses are exceptional and always a threat. And as we've seen in the last two friendlies, we're not exactly good at defending aerial balls.
I'm not worried about their big name midfielders, Ndidi will handle them!

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:59am On Jun 10, 2018
Tbh I am not yet sure what to think about this move. The fear is always that he will not play but Klopp does have a good track record.

Jurgen Klopp's transfer history suggests he should be trusted over Liverpool's Moses Simon pursuit

1147Shares CommentsByPaul GorstTrends Writer11:55, 7 JUN 2018Updated12:01, 7 JUN 2018Sport

liverpoolecho | 2018-06-06T15:41:35Z

The £10m-rated Moses Simon isn't a marquee name, but Klopp has been known to unearth gems before in the transfer market

It was a name that instantly sent scores of Liverpool fans to Google.

Moses Simon - Liverpool's latest summer transfer target - is not exactly a household name to the majority of Reds supporters, and news of the club's interest on Tuesday was perhaps met more with intrigue than excitement.

Jurgen Klopp has identified the £10million-rated Gent winger is someone who can add some depth to one of the best frontlines in Europe. Searing pace is one of the Nigerian international's biggest assets, which means he could slot into one of the wide areas with minimum of fuss next term.

However, after a season which led Liverpool to the brink of European Cup No.6, much is expected from Klopp's Reds next term and Simon's lack of starpower has perhaps got some supporters concerned.

Liverpool struggled when Klopp opted to rest the likes of Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah at times last season and the feeling among some sections of the support is more big-name quality is needed to stave off such scenarios in the upcoming season.

Perhaps such worries have come from many being unaware of the qualities of Gent winger Simon. His lack of participation at this summer's World Cup is only down to injury and he is highly rated by those who watch him regularly.

Klopp has previous for unearthing a gem or two in the transfer market. The German's track record is littered with low-key signings who have blossomed into some of the finest talents across Europe.

Should Liverpool land Simon, he won't be the first player Klopp has plucked from relative obscurity. Here are just some of the reasons why the Reds manager should be trusted implicitly in the transfer market.

Lucas Barrios

Klopp brought Lucas Barrios to Dortmund in the summer of 2009 from Colo Colo in Chile for less than £4m.

After keeping tabs on him in South America where he netted 37 goals in the 2008-2009 campaign, Klopp was convinced the forward was the man to help spearhead a charge towards Bundesliga glory.

Barrios settled quickly in Germany and netted 23 goals in all competitions in his first season. He then finished as the club's top scorer 12 months later with 16 as they won the Bundesliga title in 2011.

Shinji Kagawa

Kagawa was a 21-year-old plying his trade for Cerezo Osaka in his Japanese homeland when Klopp made his move in the summer of 2010.

The then Borussia Dortmund coach snared the attacking midfielder for around £300,000 and helped him become one of the most stylish playmakers in European football over the course of the next two years.

After 21 goals in 49 appearances, Kagawa's reputation had soared and he moved to Manchester United for around £16m and helped them to the Premier League title in 2013.

Robert Lewandowski

Perhaps Klopp's biggest transfer success story at Dortmund.

Lewandowski was a little-known striker turning out for Lech Poznan when Klopp signed him in the summer of 2010 for a fee of £3.9m.

Within a year, Lewandowski had won the Bundesliga title with BVB before helping them to another triumph alongside a DFB Pokal 12 months later with a 22-goal haul.

In January 2014, it was confirmed that Lewandowski had signed a pre-contract agreement with Bayern Munich. The Poland international is widely viewed as one of the best strikers in world football in 2018.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Gabon international Aubameyang was plucked from Ligue 1 side Saint-Etienne in the summer of 2013 for just over £9m.

The striker instantly made everyone aware of his quality with a hat-trick on his debut against Augsburg. He finished as the Bundesliga's top scorer in the 2016/17 campaign with a 31-goal return.

In total Aubameyang netted 98 times for Dortmund before sealing a reported £60m switch to Arsenal in January 2018, with a reputation as one of the most deadly marksmen around.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jurgen-klopps-transfer-history-suggests-14753473

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2018
kabrudrapist:
It is possible.
Very very impossible
It's like saying Brazil won't make it out of their group
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2018
komekn:

That's just theory after the event.

I was at that match front lower level barely 2/3 metres from the pitch. I cam tell you Brazil didn't even get to gear three. It was almost a training game for Brazil and how baby fouls did Croatia commit against vthe very relaxed Brazilians

I still expect us to beat Croatia, particularly if we adopt the 3-5-2 with Omeruo - Balogun - Ekong

I wouldn't play Ogu or Echiejile simply too slow and not mobile enough possibly 2nf half for Ogu.

The Croatian struggle with pace.

Yeah, they weren't ready to go all out in Brazil, I'm sure the Croats used that match to decide how to soak up pressure against a big attacking team. And that's why I said on here that their defence is resolute. And I hope our forwards get into the right mental frame to breakdown or crack that defence.

That's why I've been so hard on Moses cos even Neymar had to play with any yellow shirt around the Croatian box before they could score.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kabrudrapist: 11:28am On Jun 10, 2018
nelszx:

Very very impossible
It's like saying Brazil won't make it out of their group
Remember what happened to France in korea/Japan 2002.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:28am On Jun 10, 2018
Samuel Chukwueze scores for Villareal B in their playoff encounter. The boy is too good.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:31am On Jun 10, 2018
kennysville:

Now that my friends, is the dissection and demyatification of VicMo..... Somebody telling it like it is..... Love you bro

The revelation of the fact that we've not improved on the weaknesses of some aspect of team 94 is weakening.

Annoying. It's why I just need them to forget that they are individually good and just work as a team. team spirit will make us fly. cos the wind, the wings and the eyes of an eagle alongside the claws of its legs all join to make flight easy. else.... it's just effort without change of position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2018
Humility017:

you guys felt aina was not ripe for the world cup....right?

one thing I like about that boy is what he tends offers offensively...his cross and passed are well intact.

For this I agree, unless Idowu is hiding it.

Aina Gat good crosses.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:36am On Jun 10, 2018
rohr should be advised to adopt the 3-5-2 formation for this world cup....when there is need to defend a lead...we can revert back to the 4-5-1 formation...with a threat tp counter....

though I don't really fancy Ighalo I do believe he will fair better in this formation /tactics than Moses....
Moses should be made sit on the bench and as well come in later for ebuehi or if need be as one of the false nine or winger should we revert to 4-5-1

I will admonish rohr fit in same player we had played the 2nd half against Argentina late last year as his starting 11...

with only changes to accommodate Ighalo or simmy..... one of the duo should pair nancho... with iwobi drift to the AM role and Mikel as CM...and ndidi DM.
mikel should be encouraged to do a lot of dirty jobs....in the middle....
iwobi and nacho can interchange too some times...when need arises....
with this we spot on

we must crash out of the world cup let's do so gallantly and not like a coward...soaking up pressure all the time....

let's give teams good run for their money....play fast attacking football...
let's be a threat....score many goals as much as we can...because teams gonna score us anyway...

the Ghana team of 2014 still interest more than many Africa teams save for Algeria...
the Ghana team played gallantly...almost won Germany if not for selfishness on the part of the central forward players....
the Germany coach almost pee in his pants quickly introduced the likes of klose and schwestiger to equalise and balanced the game.....

so we can as well play same football...trust me it's gonna be a success

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:38am On Jun 10, 2018
Certitude:

His deliveries are good but make him no dey take direct one.
Youre handling the truth carelessly here.

Haba!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:43am On Jun 10, 2018
raindodger13:

Why is Diego Maradona holding that picture? grin

Maradona was criticising the big shots / stakeholders of football who were Quick to paint Suarez the villian after his famous bite on Materazzi but went mute as soon as Matuidi went on a leg damaging tackle.

He wants them to see the picture if they miss it and talk or they forever keep quiet with their bias and sentimental criticisms.

Gerrit?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:44am On Jun 10, 2018
daveP:

For this I agree, unless Idowu is hiding it.

Aina Gat good crosses.
we all know why idowu made the list...
but for elderson...no one knows...

elderson making that list..is like a minus one for us....because if I was the coach...if there be need for LB introduction...God forbid anything happens to idowu...I will rather bring in Joel to play that role...then trust on elderson....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:50am On Jun 10, 2018
edi287:

I've watched the final 3 times now and I've seen Ramos did not purposely injure him. Salah tried to lean on him and unfortunately Ramos fell on him.
Same with the Kairus thing. Van Dijk pushed Ramos unto the guy. I don't understand how that is also Ramos fault.

The picture below clearly explains what Ramos did. No doubt Salah held Ramos first but during the fall, Ramos clutched unto Salah's arm fr only one reason. To injure him. The intent is clear. After that, he still rolled over that same arm. The intent was clearly there.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2018
Ihave seen enough and left to me Samuel Chukwueze would get a call up minutes after the WC. He has all the qualities needed to be a star. Speed, strength, skill and finishing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:56am On Jun 10, 2018
Humility017:

we all know why idowu made the list...
but for elderson...no one knows...

elderson making that list..is like a minus one for us....because if I was the coach...if there be need for LB introduction...God forbid anything happens to idowu...I will rather bring in Joel to play that role...then trust on elderson....
I just wish we can try En imitate Brazil for a generation of nexuses.

Marcelo developed himself and no coach or manager can bench him save injury. Coz he changed the LB position till date, he and Alves. That's why I like the idea of Idowu getting to be a dribbler. Elderson may be a minus actually. But I expect he does play to instructions. This is his last and I expect he bows out well also. same for Mikel and Onazi wey dey claim 26years of age.

Put Balogun and Efe Ambrose side by side, abeg who resemble 29years old more grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
daveP:

Marcelo developed himself and no coach or manager can bench him save injury. Coz he changed the LB position till date, he and Alves. That's why I like the idea of Idowu getting to be a dribbler. Elderson may be a minus actually. But I expect he does play to instructions. This is his last and I expect he bows out well also. same for Mikel and Onazi wey dey claim 26years of age.

Put Balogun and Efe Ambrose side by side, abeg who resemble 29years old more grin
explain..mourinho used to bech marcelo for coentrao
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
forgiveness:

Who was the Austria Wein player that Arsenal academy is popular than?

Dey decieve yaself.

You didn't follow the event that led to his cap by the Austrian National team. FACT

GOOGLE don fail you. grin EOD

It was a slip. Wiki clearly stated that Alaba was in Bayern Munich B team when he was called up. It was a slip in writing. I wonder where I claimed to follow the event that laid to the callup. That will be a bloody lie, even if you claimed so. I knew Alaba after he broke into Van Gaal's squad and that was about 2009/2010, being a Van Gaal fan. So I followed Bayern then.

When I saw Alaba, my beef was clearly with Samson Siasia then. I felt he should have earned the U20 left back role in the 2009 WYC. I later found out he was called up to the National team of Austria. So I knew Austria was well ahead of us and I can not go blaming any body.

Alaba's history is not some hidden issue. That Google will fail. His career is literally on Wiki.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
daveP:

Elderson leaves us gaps and causes us problems repeatedly down the years. I also do not like his call up. In the end, Rohr has his reasons why he opted for Echiejile over Aina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
kabrudrapist:
Remember what happened to France in korea/Japan 2002.
You're even going far. Italy in 2010 and Spain in 2014.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
And he will be a top star for the SE team and for his club indeed. I saw his game in both legs against Bilbao in the semifinals before this playoff final, and truly he is super gifted. Another to give us quality options in attack in a robben-esque dimension. His rise has only just begun.

BascoVanVeli:
Ihave seen enough and left to me Samuel Chukwueze would get a call up minutes after the WC. He has all the qualities needed to be a star. Speed, strength, skill and finishing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
forgiveness:

Who was the Austria Wein player that Arsenal academy is popular than?

Dey decieve yaself.

You didn't follow the event that led to his cap by the Austrian National team. FACT

GOOGLE don fail you. grin EOD

Growing up in Austria and being a part of one of the best academies, if not the best academy in Austria, gave Austria the leverage to monitor Alaba. Keep in mind, Alaba also played in the age grade levels for Austria, which is another advantage.

Austria Wein does not have that popularity like academies like Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Manchester United, Manchester City etc. Even teams like Atletico Madrid, PSG, Juventus have more popularity than Austria Wein. Heck, how many stars do I know that came from that academy.

So Alaba lacked the popularity growing as a player to convince us to give him a Super Eagles callup at the time Austria called him. I did not say he was Called up while in Austria Wein.

By the way, the bolded in the quote clearly States my point.

Alaba also made his debut for the Austrian National team before he played for the main team of Bayern. Not our fault in any way.

TheGoodJoe:

Alaba was popular in media but not enough to merit a Super Eagles call up. Iwobi was not 17 when he debuted for us. So I wonder why you are bringing that up. Also an Arsenal academy player has more popularity than an Austria Wein player. Alaba also made his debut for the Austrian National team before he played for the main team of Bayern. Not our fault in any way.

Gerrit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
Saumel Chukwueze does it again!!! He provides the assist for Villarreal B connecting to his teammate, Raba to make it Villarreal B 2-0 Fuenlabrada in the Playoff final for promotion to the Spanish second top division(La liga 2 aka LA liga 123).

"Samu" Chukwueze as fondly and populary called the in/by the Spanish media has easily been the best player for Villarreal B thoughout the Playoffs right from their game against Athletic Bilbao. Since he's moved up a level to Villarreal B, he has been outstanding all through dorning the No.11 jersey and blasting past players like they are not even there.

His goal earlier today as reported by Marvellous BascoVanVeli was a beauty. He cut in from the right, beat his marker(s), took it unto his left foot and viola!! What a strike... This is another great talent for Nigerian Football. Good thing he is part of parcel of Aigbogun's Flying Eagles as they have been communicating. He just has not featured due to club duty for now.

Minutes gone in that game is now 81 mins approaching 82.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I understand how you feel but take a chill.

He surely is one for the future.But let us see him with the U20s first.

We have a double header against Mauritania next month and he should be one of those foreign based players penciled down for that one.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Saumel Chukwueze does it again!!! He provides the assist for Villarreal B connecting to his teammate, Raba to make it Villarreal B 2-0 Fuenlabrada in the Playoff final for promotion to the segunda (La liga 2).

"Samu" Chukwueze as fondly and populary called the Spanish media has easily been the best player for Villarreal B thoughout the Playoffs right from their game against Athletic Bilbao. Since he's moved up a level to Villarreal B, he has been outstanding all through dorning the No.11 jersey and blasting past players like they are not even there.

His goal earlier today as reported by Marvellous BascoVanVeli was a beauty. He cut in from the right, beat his marker(s), took it unto his left foot and viola!! What a strike... This is another great talent for Nigerian Football. Good thing he is part of parcel of Aigbogun's Flying Eagles as they have been communicating. He just has not featured due to club duty for now.

Minutes gone in that game is now 81 mins approaching 82.

Yeah a sure weapon for Aigbogun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
Before the game against Guinea Bissau, Aigbogun and Samuel communicated and Samuel said he already told the coach that he will be available once the season is over. I expect him to be called up alongside Yusuff Ojebode (West brom), Kingsley Michael and Okonkwo Orji for the game against Mauritania.

Wanna know more about this Yusuff Ojebode? cheesy Kindly check the U-20s thread. Dropped a recent news on the lad hours ago.

Icon4s:

I understand how you feel but take a chill.

He surely is one for the future.But let us see him with the U20s first.

We have a double header against Mauritania next month and he should be one of those foreign based players penciled down for that one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Elderson leaves us gaps and causes us problems repeatedly down the years. I also do not like his call up. In the end, Rohr has his reasons why he opted for Echiejile over Aina.

You didnt like his call-up because you preferred Oshaniwa. How far with the Oshaniwa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Before the game against Guinea Bissau, Aigbogun and Samuel communicated and Samuel said he already told the coach that he will be available once the season is over. I expect him to be called up alongside Yusuff Ojebode (West brom), Kingsley Michael and Okonkwo Orji for the game against Mauritania.

Wanna know more about this Yusuff Ojebode? cheesy Kindly check the U-20s thread. Dropped a recent news on the lad hours ago.

I already know about the communication between Chukwueze and Aigbogun. Just wanted to remind Bascovanveli that we need him more with the Flying Eagles for now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
Icon4s:

You didnt like his call-up because you preferred Oshaniwa. How far with the Oshiniwa?

No no no.

Not at all. I complained of the gaps created by Echiejile even during the AFCON. By then, I did not know Oshaniwa. I complained continously of it until I think a Friendly match we played against United States. By then I did not even know Oshaniwa. When Oshaniwa played then, I was so impressed with his runs and I think either BascoVanVeli or tbaba1234 pointed out to he that he played in the AFCON. I think the finals and was not convincing.

However, in that Friendly he was top notch and Oshaniwa went on to post repeated quality performances.

So my dislike of Echiejile has nothing to do with Oshaniwa but the problems he causes the team when he plays.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3992) (3993) (3994) (3995) (3996) (3997) (3998) ... (16134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), Barryseal, lbrichman2, GMBOFASIA and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.