Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11636006 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3995) (3996) (3997) (3998) (3999) (4000) (4001) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
PDPGuy:
Who else thinks that after Rohr’s current deal expires after the 2019 AFCON, a Nigerian should be the next manager?
Definitely not me. Who would you have replace him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Looolll... The experience halls' Arch-guardian himself.... grin
Very simple. Let him pass the U20 test first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
Martz101:

why start Ogu and keep Omeruo on the bench, is not necessary...this could only happen if the coach switch formation during the game and Ogu started

Who start Ogu in the defence when Omerua is there ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
PDPGuy:
Who else thinks that after Rohr’s current deal expires after the 2019 AFCON, a Nigerian should be the next manager?
i am not ready for a Nigerian coach yet,certain not Salish Yusuf

Rohr deals shall be extended still the 2022 worldcup

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Exactly my formation pages back in one of my two 3-5-2 formation analyses. We think alike on this as regards the 3-5-2 Sir GoodJoe. Beautiful. wink

Meanwhile, I will move Ekong central to play as the man in the middle of the back three... While Omeruo plays RCB. An Awaziem can also do a good job there at RCB too.

i think Balogun will be more suitable in the middle, the middle of a 3 man defense need a good passer of the ball, he most time brings the ball out of the defense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
Sunnypa11:

I know we have a stubborn Coach but the greatest fear is having too much faith in Odion Ighalo

hopefully he will deliver when it matters, his a big match player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria's Super Eagles 30+ years old players heading to Russia 2018.

balogun will be 30 during the worldcup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
Icon4s:

More comprehensive formula like?

Like screening a larger pool of players and selecting the best squad from them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Before the Athletico Madrid game(which was after the list was submitted to FIFA) even you would not have included Utin Ikouwem and Ebube Duru if you were asked to make a list of 100 players for selection. So that ur point doesn't hold.

And that your "thorough and open screening" idea for WC selection is for youth level. No country does that now at senior level. How many countries even invited up to 35 players talk less of an open camp?

Westerhoff held an open screening session before he made his final World Cup list for USA 94. I guess it was a youth tournament we played then.

Other countries have developed leagues which serves as a large screening session for a long period of time for their best players. Unfortunately, we have a poor league and Limited opportunities in Europe to count on selecting and playing.

We need more innovative approaches just as we hammered on a more competent handling of the B team where large pool of players will be camped and adequately screened etc.

Our current selection is not comprehensive enough and we need to keep improving.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
______Fun Facts Ahead of Nigeria v Croatia_____

Our darling Super Eagles of Nigeria will play their first match in this year’s FIFA World Cup against the Croatia on Saturday the 14th of June at 20:00 hours Nigerian time.
I have been compiling some fun facts about Nigeria’s first matches in World Cup tournaments to date.
Read on:

1) Against Croatia, Nigeria will be looking to arrest a recent trend of losing/drawing our first matches. Tellingly, in all the tournaments that we have lost the first match (2002 and 2010) we have not only failed to qualify for the knock-out phase; in fact, we had come last in the group with only 1 point to show for our efforts on each occasion. Will history repeat itself if we lose against Croatia?

2) If historical results are the main barometers of predicting the outcome of the match Croatia on Saturday, then we the fans should expect no other outcome than a Super Eagles victory. This is because all the victories in Nigeria’s first matches at the World Cup have come against highly rated European opponents (in 1994 and 1998).

3) As Mikel is now playing a more offensive role for Nigeria, this increases the odds in favour of him registering his name in the score-sheet. Should this happen, it will be the first time in history that a Super Eagles captain will score in Nigeria’s first match in any World Cup tournament.

4) For the records, I am a huge fan of Shehu and Echiejile. However, should Coach Rohr opt to go for a backline of Ebuehi, Balogun, T.Ekong and Idowu, it will be the first time in history that in Nigeria’s first World Cup match, the entire defence will be made up of foreign-born Nigerians.

5) Group “D” might stand for “Group of Death”, but for Nigeria, it has always represented a “Group of Life”. This is because every time Nigeria has been in Group ‘D’ at any World Cup (1994 and 1998), we have won the first match and have qualified for the knock-out stages against all the odds whilst topping the group.

I hope being in Group ‘D’ this time around also yields similar and even better results and outcomes.
If you know of any other fun facts and you are happy to share, feel free to do so.
God bless you all.

-Complete sports fan

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
Good point right there, my friend! If I have access to Gernot Rohr, my best advise to him would be to sit Victor Moses down and talk some sense into him. VicMo could be the key to how far we'd go in Russia, if he could play for the team and with the team instead of playing for himself.

All in all, I still believe in this team. Something tells me that they would step up and get it right once the first whistle is blown.

O pari

kabrudrapist:

We have all it takes to top group D but our problem is with the players especially those players that led us through the qualifiers. The zeal they exhibited during the qualifiers is missing. They no longer play as a team. Everyone is after his own individual glory. Right now my expectations for those players have waned.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
Martz101:

hopefully he will deliver when it matters, his a big match player
when has Ighalo been a big match player?
please lower your expectations on that dude only good when we play Africa oppositions and needs 5 clear cut chances to get a goal....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
Martz101:

i think Balogun will be more suitable in the middle, the middle of a 3 man defense need a good passer of the ball, he most time brings the ball out of the defense
you're right on this one...balogun should be drifted to the middle....awaziem should be drifted to the left....
I still fancy his ball playinh attributes and he is a good passer of the ball...too.also good with set piece....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2018
Martz101:

you are the one dragging us back, while complain about Echiejile when we already have the 23 man list, national team sqaud is not a club football were you buy players you need, in national team you use what you have
elderson is not what we have...we had better players...just on sentiments he made that list.
to me....we have 22 man list for this world cup because elderson will never prove me wrong...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2018
edi287:

Definitely not me. Who would you have replace him?

A Siasia or Oliseh.

I know left the job in acrimonious circumstances, but that doesn’t mean the door has to be shut against him permanently. I believe the national team will benefit from his tactical knowledge.
He will be the finished product once he becomes a better man-manager.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
For our participation in the WC, these should be our 5 most influential players:
Alex Iwobi, Victor Moses, Mikel Obi, Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi.

If up to 4 out of these 5 players can bring in their "A" game we will hit Croatia very hard.

I know Rohr is not so comfortable with starting with a 3-5-2 formation. But I think he has experimented with it well enough to have known the suitability of this pattern.

I suggest Rohr should go for it.

I initially suggested an Iwobi-Iheanacho front line but after certain considerations I switch to a Moses-Iheanacho front line.

Victor Moses: I know he may not be in the good books of many now due to his performances from the last 2 friendlies. But we know why. The break Rohr gave to him. At least his better performance against Czech shows he is getting back the flow of the Rhythm. Moses we all know throws discipline away when he wears the National team jerseys but we know how many goals he has scored from such selfish moves. Most of the goals he scored in the qualfiers were from his selfish runs. Same again against Poland.
Moses can be a deadly weapon for us when he brings his "A" game.

My starting line up against Croatia: 3-5-2.

................Uzoho

.....Omeruo..Ekong.. Balogun

Ebuehi..Mikel(CM)..Ndidi(DM)..Idowu
......................Iwobi(AM)

..............Iheanacho... Moses

Ndidi should be made to sit in front of the 3CBs and then Mikel the CM and Iwobi the AM. Iwobi and Mikel can intermittently switch positions in the middle.

Moses MUST be drilled to work with Iheanacho, Iwobi, Mikel and Idowu for him to function effectively in that position. Moses and Iheanacho are pacy players which is what we need to outwit the Croatian midfield including the excellent passing abilities of Mikel and Iwobi.

Mikel and Ndidi including the RCB and LCB should do well to cover for Ebuehi and Idowu when they make the forward runs.

With excellent tactical discipline and Luck too we can crack Croatia with this formation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
Sunnypa11:
The best formation for the current Super Eagles is 3-5-2!
With the mentioned formation,Super Eagles held their own and looked unbreakable in the second half against a cruising English National team with some unravelled national treasures.
Francis Uzoho is a done deal for goal while expectedly, William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun are important to the defence line.
Joining the 'Oyinbo wall’ is a midfielder in John Ogu,It is very important to note that most of the defenders are right-footed including Kenneth Omeruo and the Israeli based Ogu is also as tall as Croatia striker,Mario Manzukic who will be an aerial threat all night.
Balogun will defend from a comfortable right side of the defence alongside a mobile Tyronne Ebuehi just as Ogu who is very calm in possession will be giving Bryan Idowu a needed assurance from the left.
Wilfred Ndidi will be winning the tackles as Oghenekaro Etebo create an industrious midfield zone to neutralize Luca Modric and Ivan Rakitic.
John Obi Mikel big game stability and experience put him in an advanced and familiar position with lesser defensive duty in yet an important position.
And there comes the mysterious dynamites leading the line together.
Kelechi Iheanacho and Alexander Iwobi both ruined Argentina together in an unimaginable manner in the most fruitful Forty-Five minute of Coach Gernot Rohr.
On display in Russia last November was pace,precised attacking passes,chemistry and top-class decision making.
The aging backline of Croatia could suffer same damage and it must be noted that Iheanacho always enjoy a companionship upfront while Iwobi is magical in freedom and the formation gives the Arsenal youngster the popular suggested advance role infront of Mikel.
SWITCH : John Ogu and Kelechi Iheanacho could both be replaced with Victor Moses and Odion Ighalo to switch back to 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 as the situation may require.

http://www.nigfooty.com/2018/06/super-eagles-most-underrated-mysterious.html
how I wish the German can adopt this formation and strategy against the crots....

I was talking with my cousin yesterday..
that Nigeria doing well in this world cup...all depends on the coach... because the players to give any of the 32 world cup team A run for their money we have them in these team....

a good team selection will help Nigeria pass these group stage with ease...than we all think....
the problem we all are having is that rohr is not that sound a tactician as he is when it comes to man management....
he is a good man manager but tactics wise...he don't really have it much...
reason why someone like siasia/amuneke/manu garba as assistants would have yield more fruits....
well let's hope for the best...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
Icon4s:
For our participation in the WC, these should be our 5 most influential players:

If up to 4 out of these 5 players can bring in their "A" game we will hit Croatia very hard.

I know Rohr is not so comfortable with starting with a 3-5-2 formation. But I think he has experimented with it well enough to have known the suitability of this pattern.

I initially suggested an Iwobi-Iheanacho front line but after certain considerations I switch to a Moses-Iheanacho front line.

Victor Moses: I know he may not be in the good books of many now due to his performances from the last 2 friendlies. But we know why. The break Rohr gave to him. At least his better performance against Czech shows he is getting back the flow of the Rhythm. Moses we all know throws discipline away when he wears the National team jerseys but we know how many goals he has scored from such selfish moves. Most of the goals he scored in the qualfiers were from his selfish runs. Same again against Poland.

................Uzoho

Ndidi should be made to sit in front of the 3CBs and then Mikel the CM and Iwobi the AM. Iwobi and Mikel can intermittently switch positions in the middle.

Moses MUST be drilled to work with Iheanacho, Iwobi, Mikel and Idowu for him to function effectively in that position. Moses and Iheanacho are pacy players which is what we need to outwit the Croatian midfield including the excellent passing abilities of Mikel and Iwobi.

Mikel and Ndidi including the RCB and LCB should do well to cover for Ebuehi and Idowu when they make the forward runs.

With excellent tactical discipline and Luck too we can crack Croatia with this formation.

so surprised at last egbon you opting for the 3-5-2 formation...
I am really amazed...it shows you are not as rigid as I had thought....

well said sir.... the success of these tactics you put up here all largely depends on the attitude of Moses...and how well he dares play for the team.....
a good team play from Moses will spell doom for any team...with these tactics....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nedville: 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
Everyone and their opinions

Whether you like it or not, rohr is doing a great job with the team.....we are not going to win the world cup but it will have been foolish to assume so in the first place...Nigerians were on a high last year...based on how the team was playing...we've lost some friendlies now and we are clamouring for a raft of new managers....so what makes us different from the English media?

You people seem to forget how toxic the mood was prior to rohr's appointment.... Have you forgotten so soon?...Nigeria was in shambles.....a lot of fans did not care about the team....rohr has come in to lift the mood and create a family... And now he should be crucified because we lost some games

Let's face it.....we are greedy, selfish. Like oliver twist. Hence, we will never appreciate someone's efforts irrespective of what they do

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ekong is also a good ball passer. This is why he has functioned well in that role for the team in a back three. Balogun can do it too of course. Both are capable in the middle. Just that Ekong's speed is also key. He is much faster than Balogun.

Martz101:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
Humility017:

you're right on this one...balogun should be drifted to the middle....awaziem should be drifted to the left....
I still fancy his ball playinh attributes and he is a good passer of the ball...too.also good with set piece....

Omeruo is ahead of Awaziem, i doubt if awaziem will start

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
Humility017:

elderson is not what we have...we had better players...just on sentiments he made that list.
to me....we have 22 man list for this world cup because elderson will never prove me wrong...

who are the better players in the left back position
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
When exactly did Clemence Westerhof held this open screening session? Or were you referring to a different Westerhof? Please, you guys should stop all these nonsense because there are people here who actually follow all these things and have been following for the past 15 years as well. I remember correctly that Nigerians started wailing and crying that Westerhof must include Tijani Babangida in the team just because he scored a hat trick in the final friendly game the team played in Nigeria, but Westerhof ignored all that nonsense and went to the World Cup with the team he had.

Nigerians are the most annoying people on the planet. Every single one of them knows better than the coach while there are out there making peanuts while the coaching is raking in millions. Which begs the question, if you actually knows better than the coach, my not go out there and show your stuff? No, they only do their own coaching behind the computer screens. That's why we call them the Internet Certified Coaches (ICC).

TheGoodJoe:

Westerhoff held an open screening session before he made his final World Cup list for USA 94. I guess it was a youth tournament we played then.

Other countries have developed leagues which serves as a large screening session for a long period of time for their best players. Unfortunately, we have a poor league and Limited opportunities in Europe to count on selecting and playing.

We need more innovative approaches just as we hammered on a more competent handling of the B team where large pool of players will be camped and adequately screened etc.

Our current selection is not comprehensive enough and we need to keep improving.

Finito.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
Humility017:

so surprised at last egbon you opting for the 3-5-2 formation...
I am really amazed...it shows you are not as rigid as I had thought....

well said sir.... the success of these tactics you put up here all largely depends on the attitude of Moses...and how well he dares play for the team.....
a good team play from Moses will spell doom for any team...with these tactics....

I don't trust any system that is not tested and tried.

You cannot be proposing 3-5-2 during our WC qualifiers when there were no friendlies to test the formation and also considering that the players only had 4-5 days of Camping.

The team has been together for weeks now, they have tested the formation in friendly games. They have identified which players can function well when it is adopted so? What next? One week close camping before kick off will also be good enough time to better perfect this strategy.

We need a robust midfield to outwit Croatia and the 3-5-2 offers just that.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
Humility017:

how I wish the German can adopt this formation and strategy against the crots....

I was talking with my cousin yesterday..
that Nigeria doing well in this world cup...all depends on the coach... because the players to give any of the 32 world cup team A run for their money we have them in these team....

a good team selection will help Nigeria pass these group stage with ease...than we all think....
the problem we all are having is that rohr is not that sound a tactician as he is when it comes to man management....
he is a good man manager but tactics wise...he don't really have it much...

reason why someone like siasia/amuneke/manu garba as assistants would have yield more fruits....
well let's hope for the best...

i really disagree, rohr is tactically sound, his changes during match will tell you more about it, his ability to read game and tweek his players and formation to bring out change is not easy and a bad tactician but good manager will only relax on shouting and motivating players.

Rohr started the 3-5-2 before we all got crazy of it, he believed it suited the Argentina game he won, the man is not in a box or rather scared to make change like fixing Ogu in the defence, nobody saw that coming.

Rohr is tactically sound

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
Icon79:
When exactly did Clemence Westerhof held this open screening session? Or were you referring to a different Westerhof? Please, you guys should stop all these nonsense because there are people here who actually follow all these things and have been following for the past 15 years as well. I remember correctly that Nigerians started wailing and crying that Westerhof must include Tijani Babangida in the team just because he scored a hat trick in the final friendly game the team played in Nigeria, but Westerhof ignored all that nonsense and went to the World Cup with the team he had.

Nigerians are the most annoying people on the planet. Every single one of them knows better than the coach while there are out there making peanuts while the coaching is raking in millions. Which begs the question, if you actually knows better than the coach, my not go out there and show your stuff? No, they only do their own coaching behind the computer screens. That's why we call them the Internet Certified Coaches (ICC).

Thank you. I was about responding to TheGoodJoe until when I saw this. Nothing to add.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Ekong is also a good ball passer. This is why he has functioned well in that role for the team in a back three. Balogun can do it too of course. Both are capable in the middle. Just that Ekong's speed is also key. He is much faster than Balogun.

the faster CB is always in the side, he sometimes position just azpil of Chelsea or monreal of arsenal, the centre one is the defender with better reading of the game and great passing skills
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
Then how come Ekong had featured mostly in the middle in a back three? Does he lack a good reading of the game too? Are you saying he is not a good ball passer/ball player? Balogun's fine positional intelligence is also utilized to cover for the left side of defence either in a four man back line or a three man back line. We have seen this in the team up until Rohr decided to try out an Ogu ( who is also not fast) as LCB. Why play Ogu as LCB if playing on the sides mostly only requires speed?

Martz101:

the faster CB is always in the side, he sometimes position just azpil of Chelsea or monreal of arsenal, the centre one is the defender with better reading of the game and great passing skills

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
Icon79:

i talked about this same thing before, you can only analyze and suggest not making it look like you are better than the coach.

some one here said, some people here are better than Rohr and another said Rohr is tactically not sound probably because his not doing things you want him to do.

Internet certified coaches indeed

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
Icon4s:

I don't trust any system that is not tested and tried.

You cannot be proposing 3-5-2 during our WC qualifiers when there were no friendlies to test the formation and also considering that the players only had 4-5 days of Camping.

The team has been together for weeks now, they have tested the formation in friendly games. They have identified which players can function well when it is adopted so? What next? One week close camping before kick off will also be good enough time to better perfect this strategy.

We need a robust midfield to outwit Croatia and the 3-5-2 offers just that.

even Rohr was intelligent enough not to have tried it during qualifiers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Then how come Ekong had featured mostly in the middle in a back three? Does he lack a good reading of the game too? Are you saying he is not a good ball passer/ball player? Balogun's fine positional intelligence is also utilized to cover for the left side of defence either in a four man back line or a three man back line. We have seen this in the team up until Rohr decided to try out an Ogu ( who is also not fast) as LCB. Why play Ogu as LCB if playing on the sides mostly only requires speed?

I'm not saying we have not tried it before,but watch how ogu was out speeded by welbeck in that game, not like ekong is not good with the ball too but i believe Balogun is a better ball player than him.

in your spare time make research in how 3 man defense is set out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
Icon4s:

................Uzoho

An excellent tactical analysis. One of the best and most practicable I have seen here.

But let me make one comment that may not go down well with some of us here.

I know some of us here are super analysts but We should stop giving our opponents possible Rohr's tactical plans. Icon4s listing certain players as our key strength can be picked and worked upon by our opponents, even though they may know them already.

Sir, you never know, you may just have exposed Rohr's tactics here. The world is a global village. Look at the number of guests always viewing this thread. There may be Croats, Icelanders and Argentines amongst them.

Nobody gets a prize for predicting the formation and tactics correctly abeg.

My 2kobo.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3995) (3996) (3997) (3998) (3999) (4000) (4001) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jieta, Amedino99(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.