Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,007 members, 7,810,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4008) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11599018 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
this move is an upgrade than going back to feirense. congrats etebo!
edi287:
Etebo signs for Stoke. Poor move imo. Should've waited till after the World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
Even though he doesn't play for Nigeria, I have so much respect for this guy. He always represents each time Bayern Munich wins something. I would say that he's more patriotic than many Nigerians sef.

O pari

MetalJigsaw:
Alaba: I Would Have Loved To Play For Nigeria
June 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Bayern Munich of Germany and Austria international defender David has revealed exclusively to Complete Sports that he loves Nigeria and would have loved to play for the Super Eagles but for circumstances beyond his control.

Alaba, of Nigerian parentage, was born in Austria and capped at U-17 level by the European country when he was barely 15.
However he has not forgotten his Nigerian root as he went to the Super Eagles Pre-World Cup training camp in Bad Tatzmanndsdorf, Austria over the weekend to wish the Nigerian team well on their way to the World Cup in Russia.

“I love Nigeria and I would have been happy to play for the country. However, I was spotted by Austria at a very early age and I was guided to play for them. So it was not that I choose one [country] over the other,” he told Complete Sports.

Alaba, a six-time Austrian Footballer of the Year who also holds the record for being the youngest player to be capped by Austria, is a lover of Nigerian food and music with Wizkid being his favourite musician among many others.

The 25-year old was born to a Nigerian father from Ogere Remo in Ogun State and a Filipino mother.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/alaba-i-would-have-loved-to-play-for-nigeria/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
he doesnt need stoke to gain promotion before he can play in the epl, all he needs is to shun out breath taking performances which i know he is capable of doing then an epl team will come calling. he mustn't join real madrid, manchester united and barca of this world before you can admit he made a good choice
Icon79:
Extremely poor move. Joining a relegated team that is unlikely to gain promotion next year. He should've waited until after the World Cup to see what's out there. Patience is virtue.

I don't know who's advising these guys!

O pari

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
next transfers to happen:

moses simon to liverpool
taiwo awoniyi to gent
samuel kalu to bundesliga(team to join uncertain yet)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
The level of pessimism on the first page is mountainous.
This thread is the only oasis of hope in the desert of cynicism and that's why we have to drop positive words even amidst the daunting challenge.

To keep up hope in the day of bleakness is a hard thing to do. It's easier to sing, dance and clap when the auguries are positive.

I believe that the seed of hope we have planted here will sprout in a few days time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
teeezy00:
The attire

I have never seen an Eagle as handsome as Awaziem. Ekong try sha but Awaziem is natural.

His pics alone wets pnts of his female fans. His tiny succulent red lips knot together with his clean and well shaven beard gang would make Bobrisky and his ilks pee themselves.

Dude would make it as a model if he wasn't a footballer. But I go bench him for d modelling field grin

I love my crew handsome and rich grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
Joebie:
How is praying to outwit someone else who is supposedly your brother or sister in Christ even scriptural? Not with the Almighty God though. Of course there are many gods.

you know there is a religion session baa?? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
Yes, that's quite possible but not easy at all ... especially if you're not a striker or a solid Center Back, then you'd really have be a standout player in the Championship to be noticed by an EPL team.

O pari

charlesemeka85:
he doesnt need stoke to gain promotion before he can play in the epl, all he needs is to shun out breath taking performances which i know he is capable of doing then an epl team will come calling. he mustn't join real madrid, manchester united and barca of this world before you can admit he made a good choice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
etebo's style of play will suit the championship so i am confident that he will make a name for himself in the league
Icon79:
Yes, that's quite possible but not easy at all ... especially if you're not a striker or a solid Center Back, then you'd really have be a standout player in the Championship to be noticed by an EPL team.

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
krattoss:
damn it.. I forgot Stoke is on championship embarassed embarassed

Lol olodo rabata. Iti mpataka grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
Bros, you can never tell until he actually plays there. I said exactly the same thing about Obafemi Martins. I remembered saying that Oba Martins would set the EPL on fire, but we both know how that ended up. And I made the same mistake about Ahmed Musa. Bros, I have given up on such predictions sha.

O pari

charlesemeka85:
etebo's style of play will suit the championship so i am confident that he will make a name for himself in the league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mujtahida:
The level of pessimism on the first page is mountainous.
This thread is the only oasis of hope in the desert of cynicism and that's why we have to drop positive words even amidst the daunting challenge.

To keep up hope in the day of bleakness is a hard thing to do. It's easier to sing, dance and clap when the auguries are positive.

I believe that the seed of hope we have planted here will sprout in a few days time.
tuale baba wink

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
Icon79:
proof it grin

Not on this thread tho. We don't wanna derail the thread, but you can join me on twitter ... let's harsh it out.

O pari

fine!
@muhdahm3d followed you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
and we don't pray he flops, its better to be a starter in a championship team than been a bench warmer in the epl. few nigerian players made names in the championship before gracing the epl. the likes of yakubu, ighalo, aluko danny shittu etc where all standout players in the english 2nd tier before they made the leap to epl. one must start from somewhere. from my the latest news i got, spanish team valencia were willing to sign him but will only do that after the world cup while stoke showed more serious and offered more money.assuming he snubs stoke, had an uneventful worldcup will valencia stillsign him?
Icon79:
Bros, you can never tell until he actually plays there. I said exactly the same thing about Obafemi Martins. I remembered saying that Oba Martins would set the EPL on fire, but we both know how that ended up. And I made the same mistake about Ahmed Musa. Bros, I have given up on such predictions sha.

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
Icon4s:

I am more concerned about the football abeg
I wonder o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
Icon79:
Bros, again, I sincerely do apologize if you feel that I attacked you personally. That was never my intention. It just boils my blood each time I see folks fishing for what to criticize with this team. It's like folks are fishing for straws. Don't get me wrong anybody is free to express their opinions on anything, but some of these criticisms are getting old. It started with arguing that a 40 year old Obafemi Martins is our only hope in Russia. Then when fate knocked Oba Martins out of contention, it became all about Dele Alampasu ... someone who hasn't played a first team football since God knows when. Then the wailers moved to Olarenwaju Kayode ... and we were given all sorts of "stats" to support a ridiculous argument that Kayode is the second coming of Yekini. And it didn't stop there, because we were also told that the team can't win without Ola Aina and Mikel Agu.

Pele o! I am getting sick and tired of all the negative energy. Forget about the players who didn't make it. Let's talk about the players who are actually going to play in a few days time. That's all I was trying to say, bros. It isn't my style to engage in personal attacks grin

O pari

I think most have accepted the list and what ever tactics Rohr will adopt in the competition. The talking of our preparation for the mundial is over and our prayers and hearts are with the young warriors who are going to Russia to fight for our honor and the flag of the country.

The talk I was making is post Russia in preparation for the AFCON qualifiers and AFCON proper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
kentebemoney:
Small boy hw far?
Who be small boy?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
Etebo's agent ;

” Valencia wanted to wait till July before approaching Feirense. Stoke City were a bit proactive in their approach and fee was quickly agreed as they wanted to close the deal before he represents Nigeria at the World Cup “

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
yea the guy na cute boi also he looks very young
ChrisKels:

I have never seen an Eagle as handsome as Awaziem. Ekong try sha but Awaziem is natural.

His pics alone wets pnts of his female fans. His tiny succulent red lips knot together with his clean and well shaven beard gang would make Bobrisky and his ilks pee themselves.

Dude would make it as a model if he wasn't a footballer. But I go bench him for d modelling field grin

I love my crew handsome and rich grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
heard that too.i am in full support of him moving to stoke rather than waiting till june or going back to feirense. etebo with his all action style of play will win a lot of heart in the colors of stoke and the championship
ChrisKels:
Etebo's agent ;

” Valencia wanted to wait till July before approaching Feirense. Stoke City were a bit proactive in their approach and fee was quickly agreed as they wanted to close the deal before he represents Nigeria at the World Cup “
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
The Super Eagles, The Pharoahs, The Carthage Eagles, The Teranga Lions and the Atlas Lions all repping the continent at the mundial.... wink

#Russia2018
The Pharaoh should have been of white race in appropriation.

Nice one though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
ancient egytians were black
MetalJigsaw:
The Pharaoh should have been of white race in appropriation.

Nice one though.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile, somewhere in Lagos... cheesy

#SuperEagles #WorldCupFever #BusConductorsInDaMood
That jersey na hot cake I swear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Skimpledawg(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hello fellas, bring you greetings from the other side

Mascherano, why? cry cry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
i must commend pinnick"s administration. so far him and his crew in the nff have transformed the super eagles in to a marketable brand that everyone wants to be a part of. the issues of unpaid allowances, player racketing and disagreement with coaches of the national team which have bedeviled the team in the past is now a thing of the past. if this administrative expertise is sustained i foresee super eagles ruling african football in no distant time. Kudos amaju!

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
Yes na, so let’s dont mix Christianity with Sports..

krattoss:
you know there is a religion session baa?? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
yea the guy na cute boi also he looks very young

Very very young. I am so happy for him. Porto coach sold one of his stalwarts in the defense this past season few weeks ago to Roma to create a chance for young Awaziem in the first team next season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Javier Masherano's words on Our Super Eagles ehn.... cheesy cheesy

Don't worry, the "disorganization" with which Alex Iwobi gave you a cheeky nutmeg just before your barca sendoff to China, will come knocking again.... grin
"their disorganization has the effect of disorganizing you as a rival"
hahahahah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I did not say it was an assist but a long ball that led to a goal. Just pointing out Okocha gave an impressive long pass that led to a goal.
but he made more unsuccessful passes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
yea, definitely he will be an important player for porto next season. he was courted by epl new boys wolves, french giants lyon and nantes who were willing to sign him permanently but porto refused
ChrisKels:

Very very young. I am so happy for him. Porto coach sold one of his stalwarts in the defense this past season few weeks ago to Roma to create a chance for young Awaziem in the first team next season.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
There is a certain Mercado from Sevilla that plays RB or RCB for Argentina, dude is very poor and seem to be a regular in Sampaoly's defense.

Chai a Vicmo would have him for dinner, even SiMoses or Onyekuru would make a mince meat from the poor man of about 31. He promises a red card and penalties when faced by a dribbler with pace. He lacks pace and a good marking sense for a full back.

#EagleEyes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
SuperEagles Official WorldCup suits designed by Nigerian designer, David Bowler....
I thought this was the official suit cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.