Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11604971 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2018
Rockyrascal:
finidi really helped oparaku in that wing. If you still recall very well, the Spanish side were ascendant on that wing; there was more pressure on oparaku than babayaro because he was callow in that RB position.

We really need our wingers to always fall back to join the defense against our opponents, this is one reason I will miss moses Simon in this tournament.

yea finidi was very deep in that match, i was not really impressed with okparaku in that tournerment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princfred(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

This is a teenage Villas-Boas who gave the former coach of England when he was coaching FC Porto some tactical suggestions that will help the team. The great Bobby Robson listened to the young boy and later built an uncommon friendship with the future tactical master.

People should be allowed to share their suggestions. That is what this thread is built on. To learn and share with each other. Baffling you decided to instead attack.
Maybe he has no technical know how about the game and is envious of those who do.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
The Super Eagles, The Pharoahs, The Carthage Eagles, The Teranga Lions and the Atlas Lions all repping the continent at the mundial.... wink

#Russia2018

Nice one bro. Did you design it yourself?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by boss1310(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2018
lexyman:

think of the numerous advantage we may have when the brand become popular and well known ... if NFF ACHIEVE THIS NO PLAYER OF ANY DESCENDANT WILL TURN ON US DOWN AND MORE SPONSORS WILL COME ... all of them will want to associate themselves with the SuperEagles .
now this is a guy that reason with his head
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:04am On Jun 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
More News Titbits on The Super Eagles

- The NFF official delegation to the FIFA World Cup, about 100-man strong, will be based in Saint Petersburg, which is about 2,000 kilometres from the #SuperEagles base camp in Essentuki. The idea is for the team to be fully concentrated for the big task ahead.

Delegation or our cheering supporters club shocked

But isn't this too much from NFF?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:07am On Jun 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

- The NFF official delegation to the FIFA World Cup, about 100-man strong, will be based in Saint Petersburg, which is about 2,000 kilometres from the #SuperEagles base camp in Essentuki. The idea is for the team to be fully concentrated for the big task ahead.

A bit too much if I may add. I was toying with the idea that those 100 may form part of our supporters club with all the band members

: sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2018
Danielnino00:
Even if Rohr will be too stubborn to start with 3-5-2 he should at least do the following

1) Start Ebuehi ahead of shehu
2) Don't play Iwobi on the wings. it won't only reduce him ineffective, but his continuous drifting to the middle could leave his wing exposed.
3) Neither of Onazi or Joel obi should start. in fact they should both not play at all

the bolded is not true, playing iwobi in the centre of 4-2-3-1 and bringing mikel deep with ndidi will expose us against Croatia, having another DM with ndidi then Mikel in there front and always dropping deep is key

Croatia strength is in the midfield, we need to match them and a mikel should be freed to give some passes when we finally get some possession.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2018
alexie4real:
page 4000th alex was here silently following good job guys

Back to my cave

Olorunyomi Alex??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KINGOFJAPAN: 11:23am On Jun 11, 2018
EmmGee:

you know nothing, icon79
I swear nothing

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
[s]
Humility017:

says a blind fellow.
[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aodis: 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
What time will they land in Russia ��? Plus what attire will they go with? Hope it’s the senegalise!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

He carried his team into La Liga 123. He will be playing in the second tier at worst next season. I have already bowed to the point that he should play U20 first but in my eyes the boy is ready.

Hope his team wins the final playoff match. I could still remember how Peter Nworah and Raheem Lawal singlehandedly carried their team to La Liga 123 from the 4 tier of the La Liga and almost got promoted to the Secunda division which is the second level of la Liga, within the space of 3 years before they were knocked out in the Semi finals playoffs.

Whatabout Ike Anya and Kabiru Akinsola who almost singlehandedly carried their team to the Secunda division when they scored 4 and 13 goals respectively along the line before they were also knocked out in the Semi finals playoffs and even went far in the Copa de Rel before they were knocked out by Valencia.

Not forgetting that Kabiru was bought by Granada after he scored 11 goals the previous season in same la Liga 123 before he was sent on loan where he replicated the same form. Even Ikechi Anya was bought by Granada too but both never kicked a ball before they left.

Ighalo nko! Who singlehandedly carried his Granada team from Segunda B division to Segunda division with 16 goals before he went to Seria A were he didn't get to play the next season though he returned in summer and helped Granada got promotion to the La Liga. But he was not really that good in the La Liga and was never considered for the SE.

My point is, not all Nigerian players that did well in that third tier of la Liga were ready when they climbed up the ladder, and none of these players were considered for the SE despite their blistering form then save Raheem Lawal. So, he should keep working hard. He is still young. Hopefully, his performance in a better league will get him noticed.

Raheem Lawal making the Super Eagles is another story for another day.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Thank you sir , Thanks everyone
Congratulations captain. I wish you marital bliss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
The black man is too funny to me.

Chikeluba Ofoedu buys his mother a Porsche(what a great idea to buy such an expensive and fast car for your mother), then call everybody to witness the hand over, kneels down and have people take pictures of the event....This is absolutely sad. There is something dishonest about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Chikeluba Ofoedu buys his mother a Porsche(what a great idea to buy such an expensive and fast car for your mother), then call everybody to witness the hand over, kneels down and have people take pictures of the event....This is absolutely sad. There is something dishonest about it.
how that one take concern us undecided

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
lexyman:
IF YOU RE IN RUSSIA ALREADY JUST SAY YE ! AS I AM , I AM THERE IN RUSSIA grin grin grin
Show us pictures ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Who do u have in mind?

Of course, Iheanacho is already in the team and he is left footed. Then we have Sone Aluko and Sheyi Ojo who are also left footed.

But they are different in the way they play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
Icon4s:

I have never seen any world Cup that we have laid so much emphasis on fashion as much as this.
If we perform woefully we will surely receive the backlash but if we do well we just might have introduced another dimension to the WC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
darkelf:

Bros, it isn't even about the fashion. What of the investments to this team. All the money, sponsorship deals, bonuses etc?

To whom much is given, much is definitely expected, I actually pray this guys give Nigerians good return for the money. If not, I feared that the NFF may be unwilling to invest heavily on another team in the future.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to God they perform excellently well
They are not investing nada. Paying players bonus and giving them all that is necessary for them to have a good outing is the norm It's because we are used to the abnormalities of wrangling over player wages that this is looking like a big deal.

For other countries it's normal.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mujtahida:

If we perform woefully we will surely receive the backlash but if we do well we just might have introduced another dimension to the WC

this team will do well , i am positive ...remove the "if the perform woefully"

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
lexyman:

this team will do well , i am positive ...remove the "if the perform woefully"
I am positive my brother. It's just that in competitions of this nature there are no guarantees.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mujtahida:
Congratulations captain. I wish you marital bliss.
Thank you senior
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
OMANBALA1:

very silly thing to do.....na so dem dey end up broke and jobless and begging for money in their 50's

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
But why is Musa eager to come back to Nigeria as shown on the billboard
TheSuperNerd:
News titbits on Super Eagles:

- Super Eagles officially scheduled to have first training in Russia, June 12 by 4pm local time (2pm Nigerian time). It will be for an hour at the Essentuki Arena #WorldCup #Nigeria

- Super Eagles due in Essentuki Monday night after flying out of their Austria training camp by 5pm. First training Tuesday evening at Team Base Camp (TBC).
Also, the team trains one last time in Austria by 9:00 hr local time in the morning.

Meanwhile, in Russia already the welcome for Nigeria's Super Eagles is seen on Billboards...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mujtahida:

...like others went to play football Nigeria went for fashion parade. angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lana1(m): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mascherano says hi!!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
Icon4s:

...like others went to play football Nigeria went for fashion parade. angry
Something like that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
Bros, again, I sincerely do apologize if you feel that I attacked you personally. That was never my intention. It just boils my blood each time I see folks fishing for what to criticize with this team. It's like folks are fishing for straws. Don't get me wrong anybody is free to express their opinions on anything, but some of these criticisms are getting old. It started with arguing that a 40 year old Obafemi Martins is our only hope in Russia. Then when fate knocked Oba Martins out of contention, it became all about Dele Alampasu ... someone who hasn't played a first team football since God knows when. Then the wailers moved to Olarenwaju Kayode ... and we were given all sorts of "stats" to support a ridiculous argument that Kayode is the second coming of Yekini. And it didn't stop there, because we were also told that the team can't win without Ola Aina and Mikel Agu.

Pele o! I am getting sick and tired of all the negative energy. Forget about the players who didn't make it. Let's talk about the players who are actually going to play in a few days time. That's all I was trying to say, bros. It isn't my style to engage in personal attacks grin

O pari

TheGoodJoe:

This is a clear attack on me and for what ever reason best known to you, you clearly showed you know nothing about what football discussions are about. Is any one here claiming to know more than the coach? People are here to give their suggestions on why or how they feel the team can best move forward.

However, you are typing like if you are making a clear point but what you are saying is that we all should shut up and close this thread.

Sorry to say it, you might think you are making sense but you typing a thing or making any suggestion makes you one of the Nigerians that annoy.

People are here to make their opinions. Attacking people does not make you any better.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Wasn't entirely in for the sarcasm. Just wanted to state what I think would be Mikel's last major tournament appearance for us. wink

Issokay. He may not play a big part though. Just a farewell competition for him. Iwobi might have gotten the role grounded before he retires. Baba no be firewood body hin carry again o. baba na baba now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
proof it grin

Not on this thread tho. We don't wanna derail the thread, but you can join me on twitter ... let's harsh it out.

O pari

EmmGee:

you know nothing, icon79
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
daveP:

Issokay. He may not play a big part though. Just a farewell competition for him. Iwobi might have gotten the role grounded before he retires. Baba no be firewood body hin carry again o. baba na baba now.
Na una dey call am baba... The Mikel wey I dey see na still same Mikel. He, in fact, presses more than Ighalo even if Ighalo who is ahead is suppose to do that. Mikel was never one to run around. He is poor in that. 31 never old.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
It's your government estacodes at play here, folks. My biggest concern is that they would go there to distract the players angry sad shocked

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

(1) (2) (3) ... (4003) (4004) (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Samueltemi337(m), viciati(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.