Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,428 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4028) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11720745 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4025) (4026) (4027) (4028) (4029) (4030) (4031) ... (16167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:08am On Jun 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

I feel that we need to get the first goal. If we get the first goal, i will back us to see it through.

Greece 2010 comes to mind. Saturday isn't far though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:10am On Jun 13, 2018
komekn:

It wasn't a mistake the transfer to Reading put £1 million in his pocket. Financially a fabulous in terms of football not good.

Like they say for everything gained something is lost.

Well, he is trying to secure his future since dey have indiscriminately sidelined him from the National team..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2018
komekn:

What always happens when Nigerian officials get together. SELF INTEREST

Hahahahahaha! Chai! My people! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:12am On Jun 13, 2018
Kog45:
Sir are you talking about face or physical appearance.Ogu na old man o seeing this guys physically then you know who is older.

I can tell you that the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho,Francis Uzoho,Awaziem,Ndidi are older than Aina,Ebuehi and don't be surprised some of them might even be older than Idowu and Ekong.

Don't let us go into home born and foreign born player's age o.Leon Balogun of home born would have been 24 years not 29 years old and Ekong would be claiming 19.

I know that age cheating is widespread in Nigeria but i disagree with the bolded statement. Ekong and Idowu are 25 and 26. There is no way Iheanacho, Uzoho, Awaziem and Ndidi are 25 and 26. Iheanacho grew up in the system so he is definitely younger than that. Iheanacho, Uzoho and even Ndidi passed MRI tests in 2012/2013. Even in the worst case scenarios, they are not that old.

Even from their mannerisms, you can tell the small boys in camp. Iheanacho, Awaziem, Iwobi, Ndidi, Uzoho all act like young boys...

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2018
AIG07:
hahaha. Thanks for this.

To be frank, I won't be this optimistic had it mean we won all our friendly matches. Nigeria national teams are known to be complacent when they start to have things go their way. We would have gone into this tournament believing that we will defeat any team that cross our path.

TThe players will be on every page of the newspaper talking on how they will massacre their opponents. They will tell their coaches that they should not worry, that the group stage is already done and dusted. News about their escapades, missing players, fights etc would have been our spotlight.

But now, everyone is sober and the players are calm and focused. They know they need to do more to make their outing memorable. I trust them to make us smile.

Let's be on the lookout for a memorable Mundial.

Losing all your friendlies isn't the problem at all, it's losing your friendlies the way we did. Abysmal first periods and a slightly above average second periods which seems like outstanding periods because of how poor our first periods are. So you can't really compare that to....say before the 2014 WC when we outplayed France, did same to Scotland(a game where even Uchebo was unplayable, lol). However I am sure we can all agree that friendlies aren't the real deal, we just hope, in this case, that those friendlies aren't a precursor of what is to come which is why we are still supporting the team. Saturday isn't far

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:15am On Jun 13, 2018
komekn:

Biggest thing in football is OPPORTUNITY not necessarily ability.

Then you have the politics of football which is simply CORRUPTION.

People have very short memories in football not surprising it's a short term career. Onazi should have striked when the Iron was Hot. He didn't now he is in Turkey.

When Omeruo came back to Chelsea he was left to train with the U18. Do you really think Chelsea even remember his name.

Kayode is in BEST place for upward progression Shaktar is a great airport for outstanding football careers to TAKE OFF.

Azeez needs a better Agent in my opinion.

Honestly, Lazio deceived Onazi to stay when the iron was hot but after a new coach came, he was declared surplus to requirement hence the need to move but he moved to Turkey.

You are right. Azeez's agent is not good. Besides, I think he is chasing Spanish passport.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:18am On Jun 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

I know that age cheating is widespread in Nigeria but i disagree with the bolded statement. Ekong and Idowu are 25 and 26. There is no way Iheanacho, Uzoho, Awaziem and Ndidi are 25 and 26. Iheanacho grew up in the system so he is definitely younger than that. Iheanacho, Uzoho and even Ndidi passed MRI tests in 2012/2013. Even in the worst case scenarios, they are not that old.

Even from their mannerisms, you can tell the small boys in camp. Iheanacho, Awaziem, Iwobi, Ndidi, Uzoho all act like young boys...

if I remember correctly MRI started in 2009 right? With Fortune Chukwudi's set? That should tell you everything you need to know about MRI testing in Sub-saharan Africa. In fact a well grounded Radiographer would tell you not to take that serious in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:21am On Jun 13, 2018
Mickael2:

if I remember correctly MRI started in 2009 right? With Fortune Chukwudi's set? That should tell you everything you need to know about MRI testing in Sub-saharan Africa. In fact a well grounded Radiographer would tell you not to take that serious in Nigeria

Nope, MRI only became compulsory in 2011. In 2009, it was done randomly like drug tests. So several players fell through the cracks.

The 2013 and 2015 under 17 teams are all young boys...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neimar: 8:24am On Jun 13, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

“We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible—you can beat better teams by using tactics... Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool manager.

oga its called d worldcup not ucl
d coach is klopp not rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:25am On Jun 13, 2018
Danielnino00:

Can we just stop posting all this rubbish from owngoal website??
there are more credible sites to get super eagles news pls.

Na still news.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2018
safarigirl:
.....to run? undecided

Quite empty news TBH

So, you didn't see fully fit, ba!

Simon Moses is FULLY FIT. That's the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2018
Icon4s:

Chief i don keep me mouth shut o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 8:34am On Jun 13, 2018
Sorry, I have a little observation.

I noticed foreign players are being mentioned more frequently to be poached, but nothing being made mention about our home based players to be sought after.

I don't understand, is there something I'm missing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:45am On Jun 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Nope, MRI only became compulsory in 2011. In 2009, it was done randomly like drug tests. So several players fell through the cracks.

No wonder most of the 2011 don fade commot. Only few are still doing well.

Modified
2009 U17 set, I mean.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:47am On Jun 13, 2018
Kog45:
Chief i don keep me mouth shut o

I hear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

I can assure you that hardly any of the 2009 set was truly below 20 in fact. I agree that the 2013 set was considerably young but I can assure you that someone saying they are close to 25/26 wouldn't exactly be lying. Before you come up with 'their pictures from a few years back looks young-ish', I can assure you that most times poor diet and some other stuffs can lead to slow development which eventually gets exposed when their diets improve. Person for no believe say Onazi don pass his age in 2011 when he wasn't raking in big bucks

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 8:54am On Jun 13, 2018
I think FIFA will decide and announce the host of 2026 FIFA world totoday n I'm hoping Morocco beats the joint bid of US/Canada/Mexico.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:54am On Jun 13, 2018
forgiveness:

As in eh, they just dey believe that this MRI is something directly from God that cannot be argued

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Sir age is not about acting like small boys and on our players age,well i hate discussing it but mind you i was with these guys in UAE 2013 so i know what am talking about.

Truly they are young but i can tell you that they are older than Aina and Ebuehi.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Bros make una leave age matter okay,not only africa go age cheat,and forget about the MRI scan of a thing,let us not bring our player down because of age.

But we nigerians by seeing someone who is 21 or 22 we know the person so lets stop deceiving our self.

If you beleive those players age then i think you are born in Somalia and not nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:58am On Jun 13, 2018
forgiveness:

Honestly, Lazio deceived Onazi to stay when the iron was hot but after a new coach came, he was declared surplus to requirement hence the need to move but he moved to Turkey.

You are right. Azeez's agent is not good. Besides, I think he is chasing Spanish passport.

If you are good you are good,ramon azeez has been in the segunda for some time,dont tell me he is there because of Spanish passport,are you his elder brother?

If they are good offer ramon azeez will move to a better club,But he is just 25 and there is time on his side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:58am On Jun 13, 2018
Mickael2:

Bros shebi fortune chukwudi pass MRI scan

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 8:59am On Jun 13, 2018
forgiveness:

We didn't even qualify for the Caf u17 in 2011
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:01am On Jun 13, 2018
andrew444:

Bros make una leave age matter okay,not only africa go age cheat,and forget about the MRI scan of a thing,let us not bring our player down because of age.

But we nigerians by seeing someone who is 21 or 22 we know the person so lets stop deceiving our self.

If you beleive those players age then i think you are born in Somalia and not nigeria
Thank you Andrew make we just leave this age matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:01am On Jun 13, 2018
Mickael2:

I can assure you that hardly any of the 2009 set was truly below 20 in fact. I agree that the 2013 set was considerably young but I can assure you that someone saying they are close to 25/26 wouldn't exactly be lying. Before you come up with 'their pictures from a few years back looks young-ish', I can assure you that most times poor diet and some other stuffs can lead to slow development which eventually gets exposed when their diets improve. Person for no believe say Onazi don pass his age in 2011 when he wasn't raking in big bucks

If mikel obi senior onazi for real age na small gap
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2018
andrew444:

this is like saying if you see a gay person, you would know. It's highly untrue

Some people are younger than they look and some are older. At my old age, I see some people I am older than, and I genuinely think they are older, especially with guys

The only thing that made me suspect Ndidi is older than 22 is that his girlfriend that I remember saying she looks 26. Oga tbaba, however, posited that some people look older than their age. Which is true

A video emerged of JJ Okocha yesterday, when he was doing some neat football tricks and someone joked that "he is still balling at the ripe old age of 63"..... Hr was trying to tease Nigerians who must have said back then that Okocha is in his forties.

In 20 years time, I will make this same joke about one of these boys that you people are doubting.

We are used to Nigerians always doubting their players and their ages. Mikel saw the same thing happen to him, so, it is normal.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2018
Kog45:
Sir age is not about acting like small boys and on our players age,well i hate discussing it but mind you i was with these guys in UAE 2013 so i know what am talking about.

Truly they are young but i can tell you that they are older than Aina and Ebuehi.
Sir, it ain't today. Mikel was said to be older then by people who were supposedly close to him. No MRI stuff then sef o. We all know how far as nigga is still balling and ain't showing signs of stopping soon. I forgot that he is supposed to be 50 now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:09am On Jun 13, 2018
Mickael2:

As in eh, they just dey believe that this MRI is something directly from God that cannot be argued

Wow! I also thought like that but not until now l am seeing it in a different way.

Well, make I dey learn dey go. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2018
Certitude:

Sir, it ain't today. Mikel was said to be older then by people who were supposedly close to him. No MRI stuff then sef o. We all know how far as nigga is still balling and ain't showing signs of stopping soon. I forgot that he is supposed to be 50 now.
and 63 year old Okocha is still dancing shaku shaku.

Shey 50-year old Taiye Taiwo still has a club career. Why hasn't he retired?

You would think people would tire of regurgitating stale talk, but no, they prefer to swallow their words many years later when the players they called old are still active and they have retired from service

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2018
forgiveness:

Wow! I also thought like that but not until now l am seeing it in a different way.

Well, make I dey learn dey go. grin
Oga, the 2011 set never even made CAF. That was when the MRI was made compulsory. Aina looks old facially and y'all believe his real age cause he is FB. Even Echiejile no even get old face sef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:14am On Jun 13, 2018
Kog45:

Good you admitted that they are young.

That is a generalization that you have to take on an individual basis. It is possible that some of the players are 1 or 2 years older than they claim but they are still young even at that.

I know the backgrounds of a few and they are mostly small boys. Awoniyi finished just before the tournament that same year.

Amuneke's 2015 team were even younger as some like the goal keeper was still in secondary school

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2018
safarigirl:
this is like saying if you see a gay person, you would know. It's highly untrue

Some people are younger than they look and some are older. At my old age, I see some people I am older than, and I genuinely think they are older, especially with guys

The only thing that made me suspect Ndidi is older than 22 is that his girlfriend that I remember saying she looks 26. Oga tbaba, however, posited that some people look older than their age. Which is true

A video emerged of JJ Okocha yesterday, when he was doing some neat football tricks and someone joked that "he is still balling at the ripe old age of 63"..... Hr was trying to tease Nigerians who must have said back then that Okocha is in his forties.

In 20 years time, I will make this same joke about one of these boys that you people are doubting.

We are used to Nigerians always doubting their players and their ages. Mikel saw the same thing happen to him, so, it is normal.

What you said is true.

If i see someone who is 22 i will know,before i guest from 21 to 24 i will get the person age,i know the age bracket i might not get the actual age.

Some people looks younger than their age thats for sure but forget,when we see a 21 year old Nigerian we know how he looks like even if the person is younger than their age.

Ndidi girlfriend is not even 22 thank God you know.

Moses simon is 22 take a look at his wife.

Taiwo awoniyi is 20 and about to get married to his Girlfriend,the girl is young but that girl is not 19 or even 18,i will leave the rest.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4025) (4026) (4027) (4028) (4029) (4030) (4031) ... (16167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twentyk(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.