Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,675 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11721616 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4024) (4025) (4026) (4027) (4028) (4029) (4030) ... (16167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:02am On Jun 13, 2018
forgiveness:

Simon Moses is fit.

Super Eagles forward, Moses Simon speaks on move to Liverpool after World Cup snub

Genk forward, Moses Simon, has admitted he would like to play in the Premier League, amid speculations linking him with Liverpool.

The 22-year-old is back to full fitness, after being dropped from the Super Eagles squad to the 2018 World Cup.

Moses Simon was cleared to start running by Gent doctors three days ago.

In an interview with OwnGoalNigeria, the player reiterated his backing for his team-mates ahead of the World Cup.

“We have a very united team and that is largely due to the effort of the coach Gernot Rohr and the leadership of the NFF. A healthy spirit in camp is really important going into a major tournament like the World Cup,” he said.

‎Speaking on the rumours linking him with a move to Liverpool, Moses Simon added: “I am aware of the report linking me with Liverpool and all I can say is let us wait and see. Gent and my agent have also received offers from clubs in some other European countries. My wish is to play in England, we have to wait and see.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/09/super-eagles-forward-moses-simon-speaks-move-liverpool-world-cup-snub/amp/
.....to run? undecided

Quite empty news TBH
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:10am On Jun 13, 2018
safarigirl:
Am I the only one who thinks Morocco will win Portugal?

I don't trust Senegal, their group may be easy, but we have seen stronger contenders crash out of weaker groups. So, I personally think they will not make it out their group

Egypt is heavily reliant on Salah, their biggest issue will be scoring without Salah

Tunisia, those ones blow hot and cold. They won't make it out last last sha

Nigeria, similar to Tunisia, dem no get direction. I am undecided where they stand, Might crash out or top the group
Lol is that really your prediction for the GWG? And this coming from you? grin

Well, considering that we prefer to keep expectations low first and build it as we progress, I'd say typically naija. grin

Senegal sef fit go there dey mess up.

Pfister's statement may be a reminder throughout as we progress or digress.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:12am On Jun 13, 2018
daveP:
Lol is that really your prediction for the GWG? And this coming from you? grin

Well, considering that we prefer to keep expectations low first and build it as we progress, I'd say typically naija. grin

Senegal sef fit go there dey mess up.

Pfister's statement may be a reminder throughout as we progress or digress.
like I said, you can't 'predict' the Super Eagles.

They should save the predictions for teams that can easily be dissected. The Nigerian team isn't in that category

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:28am On Jun 13, 2018
komekn:

From a relegated Stoke that's lookin at thier budget, even with the parachute money. Etebo is untested unproven and short it is more of a risk for Stoke.

Has Etebo married a Portuguese wife or possibly got EU citizenship via Portugal ? Wondered how he got round the work permit rules.

it seem stoke have money to spend, they already convince afobe to sign for them from promoted wolves.

Etebo was selected by Nigeria for the worldcup so he should pass the work pernit rules
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:28am On Jun 13, 2018
Victor Moses looks genuinely happy and full of life.. I hope this translates to a great WC.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 12:46am On Jun 13, 2018
We pray Jersey Fc does well at the world cup. Amen.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:47am On Jun 13, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Ok. I get now.. But u can see d disadvantage too.
Its 2edged sword.

most corner are always punched out by the keeper or the defenders head it out, is only on few occasion the ball goes to that direction
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 13, 2018
We should close off our training sessions to the public for the next few days. We need full laser focus on our clash this Saturday. I hope our team knows that match decides our fate at this whole tournament.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:46am On Jun 13, 2018
Nothing like "we should close off our training sessions" as if someone is stopping us from doing so... Lol... It is actually the norm to have closed training sessions. We are having two closed training sessions tomorrow. The first in the morning will only be open for 15 mins for the media, after which every one is out leaving just the technical crew and the players. The second later in the day will also be strictly a closed session.

So closed training sessions are normal in tournaments like these. Their first training session was always going to be open because it is their first and the locals wanna have a feel of the team on the first day too.

Bolowolowo:
We should close off our training sessions to the public for the next few days. We need full laser focus on our clash this Saturday. I hope our team knows that match decides our fate at this whole tournament.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:13am On Jun 13, 2018
komekn:

If that's your idea of sarcasm then it fails comprehensively.

First of all we are talking about Villareal B team which is essentially thier U21 team. You propose that Villareal B will beat league one teams. A feat that even the first team will have to put in a good performance to achieve.

Forget about technical football they would struggle badly with the physicality and intensity as well as speed.

I see you coach southgate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 3:34am On Jun 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Nothing like "we should close off our training sessions" as if someone is stopping us from doing so... Lol... It is actually the norm to have closed training sessions. We are having two closed training sessions tomorrow. The first in the morning will only be open for 15 mins for the media, after which every one is out leaving just the technical crew and the players. The second later in the day will always be strictly a closed session.

So closed training sessions are normal in tournaments like these. Their first training session was always going to be open because it is their first and the locals wanna have a feel of the team on the first day too.

This one that you are always available lately and even giving us more current super eagles info than tbaba for the past couple of days ? Did you take a sabbatical or leave of absence for world cup ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Nothing like "we should close off our training sessions" as if someone is stopping us from doing so... Lol... It is actually the norm to have closed training sessions. We are having two closed training sessions tomorrow. The first in the morning will only be open for 15 mins for the media, after which every one is out leaving just the technical crew and the players. The second later in the day will always be strictly a closed session.

Noted. Thx for clarifying sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:39am On Jun 13, 2018
komekn:

From a relegated Stoke that's lookin at thier budget, even with the parachute money. Etebo is untested unproven and short it is more of a risk for Stoke.

Has Etebo married a Portuguese wife or possibly got EU citizenship via Portugal ? Wondered how he got round the work permit rules.

So you don't know a World Cup bound player is qualified for the work permit right ?

Didn't you see why onyekuru was devastated because he couldn't make naija team if he had he would have qualified for work permit and might have the chance to show case his talent to Everton.

Even ndidi has only 2 super eagles cap before his England move and he was considered as a special talent,what about Isaac success ?

Etebo got no problem with work permit.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:44am On Jun 13, 2018
komekn:

Etebo is untested and unproven,see as you dey talk like say stoke na big club?

Mediocre English teams,as far as I am concerned etebo is better than stoke so he doesn't need to be un tested and un proven.

I am sure when ndidi joined Epl you said the same thing.

I remember what you also said about Leon balogun joining Brighton,you make Epl trash club look like one big team,Epl small team have the money but they are trash when it comes to playing of football.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:17am On Jun 13, 2018
#EaglesDonLand

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 13, 2018
Things I hope Rohr is working on:

1. Set pieces/dead ball situations

2. Midfield cohesion/ midfield playmaking & passing

3. Further strengthening Uzoho's goalkeeping

If Rohr is working on these, then were golden against Croatia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:36am On Jun 13, 2018
Nigerians' comments before Brazil 2014... Nigeria lost to USA before the WC and Bosnia had an unbeaten run and were playing fantastic football.

We fear and write off our team before every WC.

Our best WC friendly results was in 2002.. In 2002, We were unbeaten in all friendlies but ended up losing the first 2 games at the WC

Photo credit: @fisayodairo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:43am On Jun 13, 2018
Eleniyan15:
cool cool
Whip Alert
Cool! Range Rover Velar
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:47am On Jun 13, 2018
Who looks older between a 30years old Ogu and Aina? If the later was born and raised in Nigeria those always shouting age cheating for no gree us hear word.

Just also like I recently told someone Uzoho is 19 and I know the serious argument that followed that my comment.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:50am On Jun 13, 2018
Icon4s:
Who looks older between a 30years old Ogu and Aina? If the later was born and raised in Nigeria those always shouting age cheating for no gree us hear word.

Just also like I recently told someone Uzoho is 19 and I know the serious argument that followed that my comment.

Uzoho is very young.. If you just go to his pictures of just a few years ago, the changes are remarkable. I do not know if he is 19 but he is very young.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afam4eva(m): 6:55am On Jun 13, 2018
These guys have insulted Nigeria with their predictions. They say we won't win any match and will ultimately come last in the group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFXGU3_ief8
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:58am On Jun 13, 2018
NAIJA ti take over.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:07am On Jun 13, 2018
Afam4eva:
These guys have insulted Nigeria with their predictions. They say we won't win any match and will ultimately come last in the group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFXGU3_ief8
We seem to always do well anytime we go into any competition as underdogs.

Remember no one gave us a chance in our WCQ group. Pundits suggested that the maximum points we can have is 4points. But we went all the way to defile the odds.

All this team is an early goal and you will see them run riot. That's why I'm calling on the likes of Moses, Ighalo, Iwobi and Mikel himself to do the needful early enough. The Naija spirit needs to be activated as quick as possible.

We hope and pray the team hits gear at the blast of the first whistle.

#FlyEaglesSoar
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:20am On Jun 13, 2018
tbaba1234:
Nigerians' comments before Brazil 2014... Nigeria lost to USA before the WC and Bosnia had an unbeaten run and were playing fantastic football.

We fear and write off our team before every WC.

Our best WC friendly results was in 2002.. In 2002, We were unbeaten in all friendlies but ended up losing the first 2 games at the WC

Photo credit: @fisayodairo

hahaha. Thanks for this.

To be frank, I won't be this optimistic had it mean we won all our friendly matches. Nigeria national teams are known to be complacent when they start to have things go their way. We would have gone into this tournament believing that we will defeat any team that cross our path.

TThe players will be on every page of the newspaper talking on how they will massacre their opponents. They will tell their coaches that they should not worry, that the group stage is already done and dusted. News about their escapades, missing players, fights etc would have been our spotlight.

But now, everyone is sober and the players are calm and focused. They know they need to do more to make their outing memorable. I trust them to make us smile.

Let's be on the lookout for a memorable Mundial.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:29am On Jun 13, 2018
safarigirl:
you see them when they want you to see them.

They want you to see them flexing and dancing, so, na wetin you go see be that. If they want you to see them training, they will post it. As long as you no follow them dey camp, you are subject to their narrative
my own na be say make all this fashion razzmatazz no backfire if them perform badly cos we might become the butt of global jokes. them dey hail us yet, we dey go, we dey go, dey strut around like cinderella meanwhile them they aim us once we fall, na yeye dem go take us do. i still believe and hope for the best!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:33am On Jun 13, 2018
Icon4s:

Sir are you talking about face or physical appearance.Ogu na old man o seeing this guys physically then you know who is older.

I can tell you that the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho,Francis Uzoho,Awaziem,Ndidi are older than Aina,Ebuehi and don't be surprised some of them might even be older than Idowu and Ekong.

Don't let us go into home born and foreign born player's age o.Leon Balogun of home born would have been 24 years not 29 years old and Ekong would be claiming 19.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:35am On Jun 13, 2018
Mujtahida:

my own na be say make all this fashion razzmatazz no backfire if them perform badly cos we might become the butt global jokes. them dey hail us yet, we dey go, we dey go, dey strut around like cinderella meanwhile them they aim us once we fall, na yeye dem go take us do. i still believe and hope for the best!

They are working hard. The social media activities reduced drastically in Austria. Our performance will not be because they have not done their best in preparation. We hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:42am On Jun 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

They are working hard. The social media activities reduced drastically in Austria. Our performance will not be because they have not done their best in preparation. We hope for the best.
it would really be good if we get off the blocks against Croatia with zest and pluck. play them hard and quick in the early phase of the game. it might shock them cos they might be expecting us to play our customary slow booting game. lets launch a blietzkrieg. Rohr should know better- he's german

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:43am On Jun 13, 2018
Mujtahida:

it would really be good if we get off the blocks against Croatia with zest and pluck. play them hard and quick in the early phase of the game. it might shock them cos they might be expecting us to play our customary slow booting game. lets launch a blietzkrieg. Rohr should know better- he's german

I feel that we need to get the first goal. If we get the first goal, i will back us to see it through.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 8:02am On Jun 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

I share this thought with you.

If this team doesn't do well, it is not because they didn't prepare enough.. Naso e suppose be..

There times when you know Nigeria will loose a match, even if they we're on a previous winning streak, but not this Croatia Match. Only some deep fans will know this feeling..

#soarsupereagles crc 1:nga3

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:03am On Jun 13, 2018
Kog45:
Sir are you talking about face or physical appearance.Ogu na old man o seeing this guys physically then you know who is older.

I can tell you that the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho,Francis Uzoho,Awaziem,Ndidi are older than Aina,Ebuehi and don't be surprised some of them might even be older than Idowu and Ekong .

Don't let us go into home born and foreign born player's age o.Leon Balogun of home born would have been 24 years not 29 years old and Ekong would be claiming 19.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:05am On Jun 13, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
I used to state this about Moses but some people would be screaming selfishl

No mind dem. Dem no sabi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4024) (4025) (4026) (4027) (4028) (4029) (4030) ... (16167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10cedes, chuks404, ThanosKilla(m), 2innocent(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.