Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679692 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4428) (4429) (4430) (4431) (4432) (4433) (4434) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
forgiveness:

Sir Komekn, over to you. grin

This unfortunately is the DNA of African football more so in Sub Saharan Africa.

Corruption the quest for the DEAL more than the ideal. Who is to blame, ourselves. We accept and even promote it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
forgiveness:

I know but I am talking about this season squad.

Porto of course. In terms of trophies and UEFA ratings but Galatasaray is richer I guess.

Let's see if he will be there for pre season,it has already started

Yes I agree with you on Porto,but gala is richer that's true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
elyte89:

Y won't u agree...when its on d negative aspect although its d reality grin grin

U deh confuse me oh.

You agree and disagree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
andrew444:

He will not be on soccerway because he is on loan last season.

On soccerway rafinha is not also there because he played at inter last season,will you also call him a Barca B player because of that ?

O common you are more than this

Check well. Rafinha is on Barcelona's first team list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2018
komekn:

This unfortunately is the DNA of African football more so in Sub Saharan Africa.

Corruption the quest for the DEAL more than the ideal. Who is to blame, ourselves. We accept and even promote it.

But if we talk, you are a hater and tribalist.

The truth is, the likes of Sone Aluko and FB are not currently in the National team not because they are not good but because dem never rob palms. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
komekn:

We probably need to have a clear cut definition of what define as up and coming talent.

I am skeptical about the general presumptions of what we call up and coming talent on this forum.

76% of English academy football player end up not playing professional football. I gave you the example of John Coffy, bought at 16 for £1 million by Manchester United. He played in the Finals of the FA youth cup with Pogba but he is now playing non league.

What I am saying is that Youth football is only indicative. Playing a couple senior games in your club is only indicative not conclusive.

If at 21 you have not played 50 professional games and made your mark thats not progress. Players are getting opportunities at younger ages now.

Let just have an organised youth league complete televised matches first of all...with thorough age check...MRI or not....even going to the players church to know the player s true date of birth,those churches have accurate numbers...a catholic...go to his baptism card...you will get his real age....we just need a youth league...if the player progresses..good...if he does not...to God be praise...You will be surprised by the armada of talent that that will come up...Just look at u17 of 2013 and 2015..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2018
komekn:

We probably need to have a clear cut definition of what define as up and coming talent.

I am skeptical about the general presumptions of what we call up and coming talent on this forum.

76% of English academy football player end up not playing professional football. I gave you the example of John Coffy, bought at 16 for £1 million by Manchester United. He played in the Finals of the FA youth cup with Pogba but he is now playing non league.

What I am saying is that Youth football is only indicative. Playing a couple senior games in your club is only indicative not conclusive.

If at 21 you have not played 50 professional games and made your mark thats not progress. Players are getting opportunities at younger ages now.

Its rare for this to happen but I agree with you on this occasion. lol We always assume all good youth players are destined to make it big in the game. This is soooo not true and has never been true, not just for Nigeria but for all countries.

I'll give you guys a hand with this. The below is a link to the 2011 u17 world cup squads. Now check the players who wore no. 10 for each country at that world cup. These guys were seen as highly promising by their countries at the time but where are they today? now check the link and tell us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup_squads

The England no. 10 was Max Clayton- Today he plays for Blackpool
The Germany no. 10 was Levent Ayçiçek - Today he plays for Greuther Furth
The Brazil no. 10 was Adryan - Today he plays for Sion
The Argentina no. 10 was Brian Ferreira - Today he plays for Coquimbo Unido

No Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man Utd there o...or did all these players age cheat too??

Nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:
This made me laugh but Nigeria is a case.. Age grade teams in Nigeria..

This is from the horses mouth.

People use national team for their own selfish interest.

I believe Sheyi Ojo, Josh Onomah, Lookman Ademola were tasked to pay money before they play for Nigeria.

Bobby Adekanye don beg tire but dem no gree because he got nothing to offer. As in cash.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
komekn:

I really don't know much about the local scene in Nigeria.

But please tell me you are having a joke.

The current under 20 team is full of old men.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
isan:
Where is Sunday faleye ? Why is he not in the u20 set up ? That how they will be dissapearing after playing one tournament

He is not eligible to play for Nigeria U20 team because he is a year older than the required age.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
komekn:

What a nonsensical proposition without an iota of substance what so ever.

Effectively he is the only person on the UK that has eyes to see talents of Nigerian origin. You simply have no idea. Complete Balderdash.

The NFF is a market place of deal and deal breaking on top the table and under it with Nigerian agents, local club officially others all in this somewhat organised chaos.

Do you know how many UK agents ate linked in to the NFF. Doherty who I don't know even complains about the entire set up as being corrupt and almost pointless.

So you don't make any sense.

Finally, what stops me from ringing Amaju and telling him of a player if I want too.

Bhuuuhahaha, boy you are a noise maker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
forgiveness:

But if we talk, you are a hater and tribalist.

The truth is, the likes of Sone Aluko and FB are not currently in the National team not because they are not good but because dem never rob palms. grin

100% correct

I will go further with regard to Sone Aluko there was a certain NFF coach who was very bullish in nature. Demanded that he change his agent and take up a contract in a Turkish club with his preferred agent.

Sone refused and this NFF coach was able to freeze him out till date from the SE.

I have mentioned no names.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

The current under 20 team is full of old men.

This is not good.

But I can presume they will owe thier selection to particular agents and NFF officials. Who will.be getting a pay out once they are sold on.to European clubs.

Thankfully. TPI has been outlawed in most of Europe otherwise it could be worse. Well in the interim match bonus will suffice for initial deposit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2018
komekn:

100% correct

I will go further with regard to Sone Aluko there was a certain NFF coach who was very bullish
in nature. Demanded that he change his agent and take up a contract in a Turkish club with his preferred agent.

Sone refused and this NFF coach was able to freeze him out till date from the SE.

I have mentioned no names.

Who else could that be if not.... lipsrsealed cheesy I no talk oooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
forgiveness:

Check well. Rafinha is on Barcelona's first team list.

That's true I can find him and I can even find the new signings,even marlon that chidozie awaziem is better than in terms of game time of Porto compared to Barca is there

That means awaziem might not play for Porto this new season,just observing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
forgiveness:

All those young talent hoping to go abroad avoid the NPFL like say na leprousy. They prefer to stay in academy to get a club abroad.
For clarity sake, I would like to address this because I have noticed alot of us usually make uninformed statements, passed as facts.

Truth is that NPFL clubs own less than 80% of players in their team. The contracts these clubs sign with players are sometimes laughable. It is very common to see a player signed an 8yr loan deal to a premier league club in Nigeria from a so called "academy".
What happens thereafter is that the player can abandon the club anytime to go on trial abroad when a deal comes up because they are only on "Loan to these teams" . The clubs are usually helpless as most times the players travel without their consent. In other to avoid this, clubs, especially those in the continent confiscate the players passport.

The so called academies are run by agents, most times registered without any presence or even address. Let's stop kidding ourselves we have academies in Nigeria. The only real academy we had was Kwara academy.
An academy is supposed to be run like a boarding school, where players study and play football.
What alot of us mistake as academies are knock about clubs.
Here's a tip on the fraudulent ways players transfer from within Nigeria and outside Nigeria.
The country is a scam empire.

In other cases, the player sold to a foreign club is said to be the property of a non-existent academy and not the club where he had played for one or more seasons.

Such was the case of the transfer involving Chikeluba Ofoedu of Rangers to Turkish club 1461 Trabzon in 2012. Ofoedu played for Rangers between 2011 and 2012 and upon transfer to the Turkish club, he was immediately claimed by Oak Zeel FC of Enugu.

Oak Zeel said they were not aware of the transfer of the player to any foreign club, claiming the right to his transfer fees at the expense of Rangers. The player was claimed to have been loaned to Rangers and Oak Zeel wanted 80 per cent of his transfer fees while Rangers would receive 20 per cent.

Also in August, former Akwa United midfielder Alhassan Ibrahim, popularly called Muazzam, was the subject of a transfer tussle between Akwa and an academy after the player moved from the Uyo club to Austria Wien.

Before the Muazzam transfer, Akwa were also in the middle of a transfer chaos which involved one of their former players, Moses Ebiye, who joined Norwegian side Lillestrom. After a long-drawn battle, the club only got two per cent of the player’s transfer fee with the rest going to an unnamed academy, who also claimed they had loaned him to Akwa.

In the Muazzam case, he was reported by Wien as signed from FC Heart rather than Akwa, where he was since the start of the 2016/17 season. It was reported that the player was loaned to Akwa by the academy.

©Punch news

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
goldfish80:

For clarity sake, I would like to address this because I have noticed alot of us usually make uninformed statements, passed as facts.

Truth is that NPFL clubs own less than 80% of players in their team. The contracts these clubs sign with players are sometimes laughable. It is very common to see a player signed an 8yr loan deal to a premier league club in Nigeria from a so called "academy".
What happens thereafter is that the player can abandon the club anytime to go on trial abroad when a deal comes up because they are only on "Loan to these teams" . The clubs are usually helpless as most times the players travel without their consent. In other to avoid this, clubs, especially those in the continent confiscate the players passport.

The so called academies are run by agents, most times registered without any presence or even address. Let's stop kidding ourselves we have academies in Nigeria. The only real academy we had was Kwara academy.
An academy is supposed to be run like a boarding school, where players study and play football.
What alot of us mistake as academies are knock about clubs.
Here's a tip on the fraudulent ways players transfer from within Nigeria and outside Nigeria.
The country is a scam empire.

This is why we should have a properly managed youth league with strict age rules. NPFL clubs can have a healthy pool of talents from there without these nonsense deals. Can you imagine that Muazzam is still owned by an academy? what nonsense is that? LMC needs to set regulations on these academy-club transfer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
Aieto has given NFF a 14 day Ultimatum to resolve their problems. We are going to start losing sponsorship now. Seriously, Nigeria is a tiring country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
Muazzam has joined CD Nationale. FC Hearts and Maritime could not reach an agreement. This is a bad move from his loan move to Austria Wien.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:
Muazzam has joined CD Nationale. FC Hearts and Maritime could not reach an agreement. This is a bad move from his loan move to Austria Wien.
where is CD Nationale located
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbouck(m): 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
EmmGee:
Portugal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
EmmGee:

Portugal.. newly promoted team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
Golden Eaglets’ scouting coach, Bunmi Haruna has been offered a scouting job by Chelsea and their partner Rexona-Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

Many of those players are overaged. If we move forward with this team, we might do well in Africa or even the world but they will be no benefit at the end of the day.

Akpan Udoh was invited because some of the other keepers were flopping.

There are already plans to continue to infuse quality into the team.

The last U17 was a big flop and that definitely will have it's negative toll on the building of the team.

I believe with time you will start noticing the exceptional ones among them. I don't think you have even watched them play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
Icon4s:

There are already plans to continue to infuse quality into the team.

The last U17 was a big flop and that definitely will have it's negative toll on the building of the team.

I believe with time you will start noticing the exceptional ones among them. I don't think you have even watched them play.

I have not watched them but that is because i'd need a good link to do so. Maybe when they are in a major competition.

That said, they could be good but i wish we sought genuine 18 and 19 year olds. Knowing the Nigerian context, i expect the coaches to put in more effort to get players within the right age bracket. There is so much talent for Nigeria in this age bracket, we should not be carrying old players.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

I have not watched them but that is because i'd need a good link to do so. Maybe when they are in a major competition.

That said, they could be good but i wish we sought genuine 18 and 19 year olds. Knowing the Nigerian context, i expect the coaches to put in more effort to get players within the right age bracket. There is so much talent for Nigeria in this age bracket, we should not be carrying old players.

Sure Paul Aigbogun is working towards improving on the quality of the team.

On the age cheating allegations, it is left to the Coaches and the NFF to sort that out.

What I will not do is to condemn the team or wish they fail because of age cheating allegations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2018
komekn:

Wolfsburg is a shadow of its former self.

It doesn't have the big money for big money transfers that usually means opportunity for players who are on the fringe like Osimhen.

However, playing 13 games in two seasons is simply not good enough, it's in all honesty Abysmal. You said he scores the most goals in training then why is he not playing ❓ that really doesn't make sense.

You then say he is ahead of Origi which doesn't stand up to inspection. Origi played 34 games for Wolfsburg in one season and Osimhen played how many

If Gomez then leaves that should mean Osimhen should play a lot more games. But he didn't coming on the dying minutes to waist time in not a sign of recognition of outstanding talent.

Origi right now is on the radar of multiple clubs across Europe. A number of EPL clubs are trying to buy him.

How many clubs are interested in Osimhen how many clubs even know he exists.

I really don't think I am biased this just the cold hearted reality with no frills or hype.

Look at Rashford they lost do many players to injury in United. He got an opportunity and performed he was 18 now he is a full England international.

My advice is he should go on loan IMMEDIATELY otherwise his career will die before it has even started.

You are leaving all reason available to you behind just to attack this player. Who cares about Wolfsburg's pedigree they are a bundesliga club.
You should also know that on teams with no European football there is minimum rotation. Meaning a coach can very well use 14 players for a season. The boy still forced himself into the coaches plans. Not one, not two but three coaches all praised his quality.
You are the only one on this planet hearing anything about Origi. If he did so well he would have been in the world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
isan:
Where is Sunday faleye ? Why is he not in the u20 set up ? That how they will be dissapearing after playing one tournament

Faleye had a gruesome injury during the tournament. He is in Europe getting treatment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
Under 15 won their first game today coming from 2:0 down to win 3:2 against Morocco.

A brace from Divine Nwachukwu and another goal by Chidera Ejiofor.

Two Assists by Lateef Omidiji

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
Obinna Nwobodo On Target As Ujpest Seal Progress To Next Round In Europa League

July 19, 2018
Former Nigeria youth international Obinna Nwobodo returned back to the line up for Hungarian side with a man of the match performance to power them to a 4-0 win over FK Neftchi.

Neftchi of Azerbaijan won the first leg 3-1 with Nwobodo inexplicably missing from the line up for Ujpest when the game was played a week ago. He however proved his importance with a strong performance in the return leg.

The Nigerian was on from start to finish and he capped his performance with a goal in the 65th minute for the club who were winners of the Hungarian Cup last season, which was Nwobodo’s first season at the club.

Nwobodo took a while to settle into his new surroundings following his transfer from Enugu Rangers and in the second half of last season he was widely viewed as the best player for the Hungarian side.

He will be hoping to follow up his strong showing today in the next round of the Europa League with today’s 5-3 aggregate win securing them a spot in the next round of qualifiers for the group stage of the tournament.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/07/19/obinna-nwobodo-on-target-as-ujpest-seal-progress-to-next-round-in-europa-league/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2018
One coach that deserves a lot of credit but is barely known is Danladi Nasidi... The under 15 national team coach.

He discovered the likes of Kelechi Iheancho, Akpan Udoh, Taiwo Awoniyi, Chidera Ezeh, Lazarus John, Nazifi yahaya etc..

A positive thing about him is that, he does his best to make sure his players are the right age.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
Obinna to play against Sevilla next round.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4428) (4429) (4430) (4431) (4432) (4433) (4434) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.