Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780317 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4425) (4426) (4427) (4428) (4429) (4430) (4431) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:06am On Jul 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

With proof?

you mean his birth certificate because i don't know what proof you want. You already assumed that the man's profile written by the man himself is untrue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:09am On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

I understand.

That is where good agents come in. Good agents can get you good clubs for your development. Awaziem's loan move to Nantes has raised his profile in Porto. He is likely to play an important role for Porto next year.

That is the kind of move Nwakali needs. A move that raises his profile whether he makes a career at Arsenal or elsewhere
No two situations are the same. Fortune may have smiled on Awaziem after Nantes missed out on signing their 1st defensive priority. Things like that happen all the time in football.
I said it on thread some weeks back that Nwakali was signed by Porto B, he will have to work his way up.
Best of luck to him.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:35am On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

you mean his birth certificate because i don't know what proof you want. You already assumed that the man's profile written by the man himself is untrue.

You have been sounding like you have his birth certificate tbh. I am just giving you logical explanations to wat u are bringing up. Fact! Some people lie in their profiles. Especially younger people.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:38am On Jul 19, 2018
goldfish80:

I saw a couple of minutes of the Mamelodi Sundowns game against a club side in Lome, I wept for Nigeria. The quality of the playing turf was about the same standard I saw at the world cup. I can't understand how a municipal stadium in Lome can boast of a better playing surface than the Nigerian national stadium.

The playing surface I saw actually gave credence to what someone who took a team to Togo narrated. The guy said at half time, when his boys were about going to the changing room, sprinklers emerged from the middle of the pitch watering the grass. His boys were so amazed that they couldn't concentrate on his team talk, because they have never seen such a thing in their lifes.
I find it amazing up till now, we still cannot figure out how to grow ordinary grass. Smh

I saw the match too, though it was a synthetic turf, it was beautiful. The stadium small sha.

I also saw Al Ahly against Rollers because of Ajayi, honestly who ever has been projecting that Ajayi boy for the senior national team should stop this joke. I have seen him enough to say this, he is not good. He is way below a player like Kayode

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:45am On Jul 19, 2018
forgiveness:

Orji was with the first team throughout last season. If he doesn't play, he is on the bench.

So was Victor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:47am On Jul 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

You have been sounding like you have his birth certificate tbh. I am just giving you logical explanations to wat u are bringing up. Fact! Some people lie in their profiles. Especially younger people.

I know people who know Wasiu Alalade. Alalade was in Kwara poly at the same time as Gata. They are friends.

There is no lie on his profile.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 1:02am On Jul 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Lying in his profile gives more credence to the view that he has lied about his age

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:03am On Jul 19, 2018
AIG07:
I was opportuned to watch the HL of Enyimba's match against WAC at Aba and another CCC match involving a Kenya side Gor Mahia and Young African Stars in Nairobi. If I must confess Enyimba(Nigeria's only rep still in the continental cup) is no where close to the kind of class shown by the three other teams. The pitch in Kenya is far better than the bumpy lawn we call football pitch that Enyimba played on. I was forced to change channel when I could no longer take it in.

I shake my head for my country. Our Management is Zero.

Enymba was not to blame they had requested Uyo but CAF turned them down. Their stadium is almost complete and it looks good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:10am On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

I know people who know Wasiu Alalade. Alalade was in Kwara poly at the same time as Gata. They are friends.

There is no lie on his profile.

Who are these people? How do I know what their character is like? Hearsay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:10am On Jul 19, 2018
one big problem some of our fellow forumites and super eagles fans have is they fail to be realistic. how on earth will nwakali who couldnt command a shirt in a lowly vv venlo get a a chance in fc porto's first team? this kid with all the hype is unable to do anything tangible when it comes to club football since he left the shores of this continent and you all are expecting him to be a first team player of portugal's most successful team? he needs to start from the team B then if he distinguishes himself in the 2nd division porto may give him some playing time in the top division. some dey even they vex say him go play in the portuguese 2nd tier next season,you all should buy real madrid or manchester united then sign nwakali jnr and hand him the captain band. oyibo no be like us wey sentiment dey blind our sense of reasoning and judgement . if nwakali is good as being hyped here he will surely get a chance to prove his mettle in a top league one day or even porto will go all out to sign him permanently . his development should be the main thing now not signing for real madrid
goldfish80:

No two situations are the same. Fortune may have smiled on Awaziem after Nantes missed out on signing their 1st defensive priority. Things like that happen all the time in football.
I said it on thread some weeks back that Nwakali was signed by Porto B, he will have to work his way up.
Best of luck to him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:17am On Jul 19, 2018
bros dude have been signed for porto's B team
ChrisKels:

Just wait till preseason is over and registrations for the new season are made.

Like I said, no fear. I have my reasons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:21am On Jul 19, 2018
bros nwakali jnr cant give more than he can offer. for now where he is now is his level. teams from the leagues you mentioned would have swooped for his signature if he is what they need. all he has to do is work hard and climb the ladder to porto's first team. enough hype abeg
tbaba1234:

I do not expect Nwakali to move to a big club but he has a good enough profile to get him a good deal in the top flight of Belgium. portugal or even Holland again. Going to play Portuguese 2nd division does not really help him. He needs to be raising the level he is playing at to improve.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:22am On Jul 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Who are these people? How do I know what their character is like? Hearsay

Trustworthy sources backed up by the profiles of the men themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:22am On Jul 19, 2018
then why not buy barca, get him signed and hand him the captain band?
gamaliel9:

I do not like this at all at all. Why that B team...OMG...THIS GUY THAT PLAYED NATIONAL TEAM...Personally this is not looking good...he should be exposed to top level football...he is our hope in creative midfield after Mikel Obi....He should start getting used to quality match atmosphere..gini bukwa nke a bikonu?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:25am On Jul 19, 2018
how on earth will you compare gala to everton? galatasaray is miles ahead of everton na
isan:
Is galatasary not a bigger club than Everton? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:26am On Jul 19, 2018
charlesemeka85:
bros nwakali jnr cant give more than he can offer. for now where he is now is his level. teams from the leagues you mentioned would have swooped for his signature if he is what they need. all he has to do is work hard and climb the ladder to porto's first team. enough hype abeg

I am not one to hype Nwakali. Never have.

However, a loan deal to a tougher league might have served him better. Porto B might not be the best place of development. A tougher league does not mean a big club.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:31am On Jul 19, 2018
and if teams from the tougher leagues dont deem him good enough he should do an odewingie? bros na em level come for him so he has to make do with it and work hard to elevate to their first team
tbaba1234:

I am not one to hype Nwakali. Never have.

However, a loan deal to a tougher league might have served him better. Porto B might not be the best place of development. A tougher league does not mean a big club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:39am On Jul 19, 2018
Nigeria international Oghenekaro Etebo made his debut for new club Stoke City in their 2-0 loss to German 2 Bundesliga club VfL Bochum in a friendly staged at the OBI-Arena (Rheine) on Wednesday evening.

The versatile midfielder trained with the Potters for only two days before his maiden appearance, having arrived in Germany with the team on Monday, July 16.

Etebo did not get a role in the starting lineup but was among the eight players that entered into the fray in the 70th minute.

The 22-year-old came close to scoring a debut goal when he fired in a trademark shot from distance that fizzed just wide in the 85th minute.

Vitaly Janelt opened the scoring for the German side on 24 minutes and grabbed his brace a minute before half-time.

In their next friendlies on German soil, Gary Rowett's side will face Meppen and Hamburg before returning to England.

Barring injury, Etebo is in line to make his competitive debut for Stoke City in their opening game of the Championship against Leeds United on August 5.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Sadiq Umar, the new loan signing of Scottish football powerhouse Rangers ‎has taken out time to explain to fans of the club what they should expect from him once he is given the all clear to start playing games for the club.

The Nigerian will spend a season at the club on loan from Italian Serie A side Roma but his participation in competitive games is still awaiting confirmation from the Scottish FA and the Home office of the country.

However, the Nigerian said he is keeping fit by giving his all in training and promised the fans that he will replicate the form that made him a fan favourite at Dutch league side NAC Breda, where he spent the second half of last season on loan.

” I will say my strength is in my ability to use my physical attributes to great advantage. Running is not one of my strength but a lot of people know that I’m never tired of running behind when there’s a chance to score”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

DONT MISS ==> EXCLUSIVE: Why Wolfsburg Victor Osimhen Was Dropped From Super Eagles Squad For Algeria Tie
” To the fans of Rangers they will get to love me when I start playing because goals like the ones that made me famous at Breda will be my aim as soon as I get the all clear to start playing “, he concluded.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:42am On Jul 19, 2018
Super Eagles winger Moses Simon is still missing for KAA Gent ahead of the new season in Belgium.

A thigh injury cost Moses Simon a place at the recent World Cup in Russia.

But he has still not resumed training with his Belgian club amid rumours of a transfer during this transfer window.

However, compatriots Anderson Esiti and Peter Olayinka both featured for Gent today in a 1-0 win over Dutch side PEC Zwolle with the game played behind closed doors.

Esiti played for an hour, while Olayinka, whose transfer to top Czech club Slavia Prague fell through, played the entire duration.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:45am On Jul 19, 2018
SCORENigeria can exclusively report that Kano Pillars have approved for NPFL hotshot Junior Lokosa to undergo a routine medical at Norwegian club SK Brann with a view to finalising a transfer.

SCORENigeria scooped that Lokosa, who has netted 19 goals this season, was released in a letter signed by Pillars chairman Tukur Babangida.

The letter was dated July 15, 2018.

The striker, whose goals have already earned him a Super Eagles cap against DR Congo, will be away from July 22 to 30.

A move to Bulgarian club PFC Ludogorets only recently fell through.

Lokosa scored twice as Kano Pillars thrashed NNL side Gidano in a friendly ahead of the resumption
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:55am On Jul 19, 2018
Following the exit of the Super Eagles at the group stage of the just concluded World Cup finals in Russia, Nigeria was ranked in 25th position in the tournament won by France for the second time in their football history.

According to the records from FIFA statistics department and made available yesterday, the failure of the Mikel Obi-led team to survive the late surge by Lionel Messi’s Argentina side in the last group match played at Saint Petersburg means that the team’s ranking at the quadrennial was better at the Brazil edition held in 2014 where Nigeria was eliminated in the second round by France.

From the record monitored yesterday, aside winners, France, runner up, Croatia and Belgium who triumphed against England in the third placed match which automatically announced the first four positions, host Russia placed fifth with Sweden, Brazil, Uruguay and Colombia all followed as quarter finalist in the tournament.

Switzerland, Japan, Mexico, Denmark all followed just as former champions, Spain who were eliminated by Russia in the second round via lottery of penalty shootout placed 14th while Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal ended up in the 15th position with Argentina tailing behind in 16th position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 19, 2018
FIFA rankings to be updated today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:14am On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

Ideye was shut out because he was inactive. We should move on from the likes of Ideye and Ighalo now. Give opportunities to the upcoming talents.
Sir,we are just rubbing minds on eagles striking partnership and needed to cite example of Ideye and Emenike.

We are not calling for Ideye

Sir, Brown Ideye was already out of eagles before inactivity.He received his last call up against Algeria in Uyo.

I think Rohr didn't rate Ideye cos Ahmed Musa was inactive for Leicester but always on Rohr list during qualifier.

Also very inactive Aaron Samuel got a call up against Cameroon and we all saw very inactive Echiejile making WC list and very active Uche Agbo didn't get a minute.

Sometimes it depends on coaches choices.

Definitely we must give the young ones the opportunities cos that is my wish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 19, 2018
This motherphucking Giwa better leave. Things like this make my blood boil.

NFF Crisis: AITEO Threatens To Dump Super Eagles, Others

Leading energy and oil exploration company, the AITEO Group, has threatened to withdraw its sponsorship of the country’s national teams if the ongoing impasse in the Glass House of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) is not resolved within 14 days.

By The Eagle Online On Jul 18, 2018

Leading energy and oil exploration company, the AITEO Group, has threatened to withdraw its sponsorship of the country’s national teams if the ongoing impasse in the Glass House of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) is not resolved within 14 days.
The Group, in a statement signed by its Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Ndiana Matthew, made this known on Wednesday.

The statement read in part: “Indisputably, certainty and stability with the leadership of the NFF remain pertinent to sponsors like us to continue to commit to the growth of Nigerian football in the manner that we have done. The persisting situation makes it difficult for us, as a law-abiding entity, to operate responsibly within the demands placed on us.
“Accordingly, we are constrained to indicate that unless these issues are resolved satisfactorily in the manner dictated by the requirements of the world governing body FIFA within fourteen (14) days hereof, we will deem ourselves compelled to reconsider our position with respect to participation in the various arrangements in which we are involved.”
The firm however lent its voice to that of many well-meaning Nigerians to call for the quick and decisive resolution of the current issues, especially as future campaigns for glory in the African Nations Cup are imminent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:29am On Jul 19, 2018
Icon4s:

Siasia was such a versatile player that played as CF, SS, and number 10. If we had someone like Siasia in this current team, we would have been saying a different story about Russia 2018 today.

Mentioning Ideye and Siasia in the same sentence is an insult to football.
Yes they are wide apart but talking about positive striking duo in eagles Ideye name will come up cos of his partnership with Emenike at 2013 Afcon just like Siasia/Yekini 85-93 Amokachie/Yekini 90-95 and Kanu/Agali 2000-02.

It is not about Ideye as a player but his combination with Emenike at Afcon 2013.

But for someone to say no difference between Siasia and Ideye then one need to run

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:35am On Jul 19, 2018
goldfish80:

I saw a couple of minutes of the Mamelodi Sundowns game against a club side in Lome, I wept for Nigeria. The quality of the playing turf was about the same standard I saw at the world cup. I can't understand how a municipal stadium in Lome can boast of a better playing surface than the Nigerian national stadium.

The playing surface I saw actually gave credence to what someone who took a team to Togo narrated. The guy said at half time, when his boys were about going to the changing room, sprinklers emerged from the middle of the pitch watering the grass. His boys were so amazed that they couldn't concentrate on his team talk, because they have never seen such a thing in their lifes.
I find it amazing up till now, we still cannot figure out how to grow ordinary grass. Smh

Nice one. As I pointed out earlier, the playing turf is a big part of football development. You can not train a team to play good football on bad playing pitches. That is why we resort to overage players in our local league with atrocious long balls.

With better pitches, coaches can take risks with playing good balls and selecting young players who can fit the system and running good play requires. It will also aid in appeal and people turning out to watch the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:56am On Jul 19, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Nice one. As I pointed out earlier, the playing turf is a big part of football development. You can not train a team to play good football on bad playing pitches. That is why we resort to overage players in our local league with atrocious long balls.

With better pitches, coaches can take risks with playing good balls and selecting young players who can fit the system and running good play requires. It will also aid in appeal and people turning out to watch the game.
NPFL we are on a long thing cos presently the league is suspended indefinitely meaning Nigeria league will never develop.

And comparing South Africa league with Nigeria should not arise.Sundown mamelodi single handedly brought Barcelona to South Africa for a friendly to mark Mandela centenary.

Administrators are the ones killing Nigeria league not the players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2018
isan:
All these guys playing npfl are over age some of them are to 30 or 35

Do you have a claim they are 30 or 35?

I'm not saying you are wrong but for Udoh to be part of the team definitely some or many will still be very young...

He who lies deceive himself and his career... They still have long way to go...

How are you so Sure the other true under 20 doing very well abroad will be release by their respective clubs for long camping?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:04am On Jul 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

Example Wasiu Alalade that claims to be 18 is closer to 30, if not already in his 30s. Same with Adeshina Gata.

Am working on it.. All I know is that if truly they are lying... It will caught up with them... We should all bear it in mind.. Under 20 is quite different from u17 parading below age for under 20 Will be to our own disadvantage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:08am On Jul 19, 2018
Kog45:
Ighalo just an average striker not debatable and really pointed out the weakness of our entire team.

Thank God Musa raised his game,not happy with Iheanacho overall performance too.

Rohr need to put more searchlight on Nigeria players especially strikers.

Hope to see improved Iheanacho this season cos am seeing Awoniyi, Sadiq,and Osimhen coming for the role though depends on their performance this season..

Add Kayode to the list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2018
ChrisKels:
KC Nwakali joins Porto officially on a season long loan.

biggest Nigerian transfer so far this window.

Next in line are ; SiMoses, Awoniyi and Kalu

That's a good one. This is what I am talking about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4425) (4426) (4427) (4428) (4429) (4430) (4431) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), Philosopher1979 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.