Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11687801 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
Vision page 500.... Let's get this Thread's space-craft powered up more... smiley
Arsenal Don’t Need Payet, They Have Iwobi
Who Could Be Like Payet In The Future-Thierry Henry

Arsenal Legend Thierry Henry believes the team
presently don’t need West Ham rebel Dmitri Payet as Nigerian forward Alex Iwobi has the potential to be like the French man in a not too distant future.

Payet has gone on strike in his bid to force a
move away from West Ham to Marseille but there are reports that Arsenal could step in and snatch the 29 year old who joined West Ham 18 months ago. A claim manager of Arsenal Arsene Wenger has denied.

Henry who works as pundit for Sky Sports
believes Wenger is right when he said Arsenal are in no need for a player like Payet at the moment, citing Iwobi as one player who could play at same level like Payet if given time.

”I don’t think Arsenal need a player like Payet at the moment. They have Iwobi who could be like Payet in few years time, he has been good for Arsenal playing through the middle”, Henry said on Sky Sports.

”Iwobi needs games to fulfill his potentials and
signing a player like Payet could limit his playing
time, and it could spell doom for his development”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/20/arsenal-dont-need-payet-they-have-iwobi-who-could-be-like-payet-in-the-future-thierry-henry/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lazyerudite:
Sometimes we speak as if we have so many talented goalkeepers out there. What club does Ikeme as for sef? We don't have that much talents abound o. If we are waiting for a goal keeper who will face Barça etc we will wait for ages, even our outfield players are struggling to get shirt in their clubs let alone keepers. I don't care what club you play for, can you offer the super eagles what we need. If so, kindly come and showcase your talent. Look closely, most our players don't even play 90mins for their clubs. We need to make do with what we have
Yes Ikeme is playing for championship club with over 15 years experience which is valuable to Eagles.Nobody is waiting for a keeper that w face Brazil or Germany,Enyeama as Enyimba NO 1 has proved us wrong by having a great match against England at 2002 W/C.

Alampasu is young and talented but playing for div 3 w not do him a favour in d super eagles selection,he need to raise his bar to be considered for such huge tasks.If he was ready Rohr w not went for Akpeyi when Ikeme was injured before Algeria match.

On Eagles players not having 90 mins in their various club sides,well i don't know how u arrived at that point coz d present Eagles players are having nice outings with their various clubs and is a plus having players in Man city,Arsenal,Chelsea just to mention a few.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
93? A year after I was........ **chaiii**

Abeg when pesin wey dem born for 2000 go enter this place naa... Make I claim seniority small!!! sad sad

Anyway grin @bolded.... Plsss berra go get that passion back. Resurrect it ooo..... And fast! You want the enthusiasm and excitement surrounding this new era to pass you by?

Common mehn! Anyway, I already understand why the elders of the house are not so enthusiastic about this current generation.... But with time y'all will be... wink
I hope sad

tglobal:
Started following the Eagles passionately (lost my passion now) in 1993. So honestly cant tell if he featured before then or not. However, I know he was also a member of the bronze winning Cairo 91 All African Games team and he also won the Sekou Toure cup with Zamalek that year. I would say he was already an experienced professional before playing for the Eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
tbaba1234:

This is not exactly accurate..

Iwobi, Balogun, Ekong, Ikeme, Onazi,Etebo, Moses, Omeruo... 8 of the starting 11 in our last game are regulars at their clubs..

As regards talented keepers, Ikeme, Nwokolor, Alampasu, Francis Uzoho, Emmanuel Daniel.. Some of these keepers are far from being ready but they can understudy Ikeme for the next 5 years.

We have amazing talents abound.. Watching Gent's match at the moment with Samuel Kalu, Ekong and Moses starting..
U nailed it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
Roma Details Away From Recalling Dream
Team VI Ace Sadiq Umar From Loan At Bologna

Owngoalnigeria.com understands that Nigeria Rio 2016 star Sadiq Umar could return to Roma from fellow Serie A side Bologna before the end of the January transfer window as they need him as a back up forward to Edin Dzeko.

Sadiq joined Bologna on a co-ownership deal in
the summer from Roma but has suffered
struggled to get games due to fitness issues, as
he has suffered two injury setback since joining
the team. He recently underwent surgery for an
ankle injury which has kept him out of their
games this year.

Roma are reportedly searching for a back up to
forward Edin Dzeko and Sadiq who had his
breakthrough at the team last season is widely
regarded by the club as a capable replacement if the Bosnian is unavailable.

However the technicalities of his proposed return is still being worked out by both teams with Bologna due some form of compensation from Roma due to the complex nature of their co-ownership arrangements.

Jololo like he is called by friends and associates
was top scorer for Nigeria at the Rio 2016
Olympics where Nigeria won bronze, thanks to his brace against Honduras in the third place tie.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/20/roma-details-away-from-recalling-dream-team-vi-ace-sadiq-umar-from-loan-at-bologna/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
AIG07:

i couldn't stop laughing when I came across the word 'Ripe' for ur post.

I think d last time I heard t was during Oliseh's era. When our young promising talents mostly especially (Kelechi, Success etc) becomes fruit that needs to be given time to ripe even after their various clubs have been making juice out of them.
Our local coaches need to upgrade their approach to d game.

Nonetheless, in d line of bringing in young players into d National team we must not forget to prioritize players club performance, d quality of league division de play in.

This is the National Team- no room for experimentation.

Happy to have u back @TheSuperNerd.
*gives him a firm handshake with a smile*
Correct
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
tbaba1234:

This is not exactly accurate..

Iwobi, Balogun, Ekong, Ikeme, Onazi,Etebo, Moses, Omeruo... 8 of the starting 11 in our last game are regulars at their clubs..

As regards talented keepers, Ikeme, Nwokolor, Alampasu, Francis Uzoho, Emmanuel Daniel.. Some of these keepers are far from being ready but they can understudy Ikeme for the next 5 years.

We have amazing talents abound.. Watching Gent's match at the moment with Samuel Kalu, Ekong and Moses starting..
Hmmmm, I will not push this further to make my point, talents you say Abi, Gent Abi, okay o. I rest my case
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 11:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
Kog45:
Yes Ikeme is playing for championship club with over 15 years experience which is valuable to Eagles.Nobody is waiting for a keeper that w face Brazil or Germany,Enyeama as Enyimba NO 1 has proved us wrong by having a great match against England at 2002 W/C.

Alampasu is young and talented but playing for div 3 w not do him a favour in d super eagles selection,he need to raise his bar to be considered for such huge tasks.If he was ready Rohr w not went for Akpeyi when Ikeme was injured before Algeria match.

On Eagles players not having 90 mins in their various club sides,well i don't know how u arrived at that point coz d present Eagles players are having nice outings with their various clubs and is a plus having players in Man city,Arsenal,Chelsea just to mention a few.
Not making a case for Alampasu, just that how many African goalkeepers are playing in Europe and how many are first team keepers, in due time, time has a way of sorting everyone out anyways

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Heard Big Brother Joseph asked after me...... smiley

I'm sorry.... I've been occupied and I still am (really super engaged)... I just wanted to ensure I waited for my mid-january kickoff of my research scholarships for this year and also to put a lotta things in order for work and studies and more before I made my debut this year...

Please bear with me Sir... Happy new year and Wishing you a fantastic 2017.

Hey, good to see you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:32am On Jan 21, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

93? A year after I was........ **chaiii**

Abeg when pesin wey dem born for 2000 go enter this place naa... Make I claim seniority small!!! sad sad

Anyway grin @bolded.... Plsss berra go get that passion back. Resurrect it ooo..... And fast! You want the enthusiasm and excitement surrounding this new era to pass you by?

Common mehn! Anyway, I already understand why the elders of the house are not so enthusiastic about this current generation.... But with time y'all will be... wink
I hope sad

lol where you waka go sef?

The love for the golden generation should be over by 2019.

I scent 60k someone in the house..... Senegal!!? shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 2:42am On Jan 21, 2017
joseph1013:

Interestingly, I'm not a gambler but it is difficult for me to pass over free money in this economy. I will top every of your offer with 5k. So Senegal will not win 60k. Deal? Go big or go home!

No problemo, its deal!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 2:43am On Jan 21, 2017
joseph1013:

Interestingly, I'm not a gambler but it is difficult for me to pass over free money in this economy. I will top every of your offer with 5k. So Senegal will not win 60k. Deal? Go big or go home!

No problemo, it's a deal!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 2:54am On Jan 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
Rumors have it that Guardiola will let Aguero leave Manchester City. One of the most lethal strikers in the history of the EPL.

Guardiola had dinner at a restaurant with Aguero and his Representative and he did not look happy with Aguero. Suspect, China.

Pic Below. First is Guardiola at dinner with Aguero and his Representative.

First Pic = Guardiola breaks up with his old lover.
Second pic = Guardiola with his new lover.

This Gabriel stuff na initial gragra, he's welcome to Epl where real football is being played. Let's watch how he will be a treat to Nacho that sets record in the best league in the world.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:09am On Jan 21, 2017
lakesidepapa:

This Gabriel stuff na initial gragra, he's welcome to Epl where real football is being played. Let's watch how he will be a treat to Nacho that sets record in the best league in the world.

I want the three of them up front. Sane, Nacho and Gabriel. Not competing against each other.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:53am On Jan 21, 2017
I watched Gent's match against Sporting Charleroi. First game after the winter break. They won 1:0.

Three Nigerians started... Troops Ekong, Simon Moses and Samuel Kalu started.

Samuel Kalu was the man of the match in my opinion. He alternated between both wings and outshined Simon Moses. He roasted defenders on both wings with his pace and skill. He provided the assist for the winning goal. He played 90 minutes but Simon Moses was subbed. If he continues to show that level of ability, it is just a matter of time for him to take Simon Moses place. With this guy and Onyekuru, Nigeria has exciting prospects from the wings to challenge for a spot.

Troops Ekong had a solid game, no real trouble.

Simon Moses had an average game and was subbed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 21, 2017
tbaba1234:
I watched Gent's match against Sporting Charleroi. First game after the winter break. They won 1:0.

Three Nigerians started... Troops Ekong, Simon Moses and Samuel Kalu started.

Samuel Kalu was the man of the match in my opinion. He alternated between both wings and outshined Simon Moses. He roasted defenders on both wings with his pace and skill. He provided the assist for the winning goal. He played 90 minutes but Simon Moses was subbed. If he continues to show that level of ability, it is just a matter of time for him to take Simon Moses place. With this guy and Onyekuru, Nigeria has exciting prospects from the wings to challenge for a spot.

Troops Ekong had a solid game, no real trouble.

Simon Moses had an average game and was subbed.
where do u watch all these lowkey leagues?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:38am On Jan 21, 2017
krattoss:
where do u watch all these lowkey leagues?

Online Stream..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I want the three of them up front. Sane, Nacho and Gabriel. Not competing against each other.

That will be another MSN trios but this will take time before it takes a good effect. If it really works that way, then it's great.
Gabriel looks like Nacho, it's seem they were born for each other. They may be a great combo, I still trust Pep to work this team out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:03am On Jan 21, 2017
Ndidi needs time to settle, says Leicester City’s Drinkwater

The midfielder has insisted that the youngster should be offered more period to fully acclimatise to the King Power Stadium outfit
Danny Drinkwater has said that Leicester City’s winter signing Wilfred Ndidineeds to time to settle down in Claudio Raineri’s side.

The 20-year-old was signed from Belgian side Gent and has featured in two games for the Foxes
While hailing the attributes of the youngster, the English midfielder stated that the Nigerian needs to settle down first, stating that he is willing to help get him feel at home at the King Power Stadium.

"He's an athletic lad," Drinkwater toldLeicester Mercury.

"He's tall and good on the ball so hopefully when he settles in he can spur us on.

"The new lads coming in need time to settle in and everyone understands that. They're working hard, but if me and Kingy (Andy King) and the other lads can help them then we're more than happy to do so."

Leicester City are placed 15th on the log after garnering 21 points and they visit the St. Mary’s Stadium in their next league encounter on January 22.

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2017/01/20/31752672/ndidi-needs-time-to-settle-says-leicester-citys-drinkwater

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:26am On Jan 21, 2017
Odion Ighalo To West Brom, Berahino To Stoke City Top List Of Transfers Expected To Be Done In 48 Hours Time

Odion Ighalo proposed £17m move to West Bromwich Albion from fellow Premier League side Watford is expected to be concluded in 48 hours alongside the departure of Saido Berahino to Stoke City from the Hawthorns.

Ighalo according to various reports has already bid farewell to his Watford teammates as his move to West Brom draws near with medical reportedly scheduled for Saturday before his eventual unveiling by the club.

His transfer to West Brom will see want away forward Berahino move to Stoke City for a fee in the region of £12m after his refusal to sign a contract extension in favour of a move away from the team.

Their proposed transfers is currently on top of Sky Sports list of transfers expected to be done in the next 48 hours barring any hitches.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/20/odion-ighalo-to-west-brom-berahino-to-stoke-city-top-list-of-transfers-expected-to-be-done-in-48-hours-time/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:29am On Jan 21, 2017
Watford Coach Walter Mazzari Provides Update On Reports Of Ighalo’s £17m Move To West Brom – At The Moments He Will Travel With The Team

Watford boss Walter Mazzarri insists striker Odion Ighalo will be on the team bus on Friday as the Hornets travel to Bournemouth.

The 27 year-old was linked with a move to West Brom on Thursday in what Is understood to be a fee of around £20 million.

under Quique Sanchez Flores last season but has struggled to recapture his best form in Mazzarri’s side this term.

He has only scored twice this season in all competitions – after notching 17 last term – while the Hornets have struggled for consistency in both their starting line-up and their general Premier League form.

The Nigerian international joined the Hornets on a free transfer from Udinese in 2014 and has scored 39 goals in over 98 appearances. Twenty of those goals helped power Watford to promotion from the Championship to the top-flight in his first season and in 2015 he was English football’s leading scorer with 30 goals.

He signed a new deal with the club last summer having been a £37.5 million target from Chinese outfit Shanghai SIPG with the Baggies also trying to sign him in a player-plus-cash exchange involving Saido Berahino only for that deal to fall through.

The Hornets also turned down a £35million deadline day bid last January from Manchester United – the club Ighalo supported as a boy.

But there is a growing sense at Vicarage Road that a fresh start would suit all parties. Watford’s ruling Pozzo dynasty have also based their business model on scouring the globe for rough diamonds and sel

However on Thursday night Mazzarri played down talk of an immediate deal claiming that Ighalo would travel to the South Coast with the team as they prepare to face Bournemouth in the Premier League this Saturday.

He said ” At the moment he will travel with the team. When we have a game like this against Bournemouth I don’t want the transfer market to distract my players. They have to be focused on the colour of the Watford shirt.”

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/20/watford-coach-walter-mazzari-provides-update-on-reports-of-ighalos-17m-move-to-west-brom-at-the-moments-he-will-travel-with-the-team/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:31am On Jan 21, 2017
Super Eagles Star Etebo Set For Another Scan On Injured Knee In 15 Days Time

Oghenekaro Etebo will undergo another scan on his injured knee in 15 days time according to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial staff.

Etebo underwent a scan but the extent of the damage to his left knee which caused him to be substituted against Vitoria Guimaraes was not determined.

The 21 year old was asked to rest the knee for 15 days before another round of scans, which will determine when he will return back to training for Portuguese side CD Feirense.

CD Feirense will also be without the services of central defender Paulo Monteiro aside the Nigerian for this weekend game against Estoril.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/20/super-eagles-star-etebo-set-for-another-scan-on-injured-knee-in-15-days-time/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:36am On Jan 21, 2017
Eagles Defender Troost Ekong & Samuel Kalu Make Competitive Debut For Gent Against Charleroi

Super Eagles defender William Troost Ekong has been handed his debut by manager of Gent Hein Vanhaezebrouck as he will start in tonight clash against Charleroi.

Troost Ekong rejoined the team this January after a loan spell in Norway with FK Haugesund, where he rose to the rank of captain of the team and subsequently broke into the senior Nigeria national team.

He will start in a back three alongside Nana Asare and Stefan Mitrovic with Lovre Kalinic starting as the deepest of the four defenders lined up by coach Vanhaezebrouck .

Vanhaezebrouck also handed a competitive debut to new Nigerian recruit Samuel Kalu who joined the team from Slovakian side AS Trencin during the January transfer window.

Kalu starts as a part of a front three comprising of Super Eagles forward Moses Simon, who will start from the left flank as Darko Bjedov is selected to lead the line for Gent.

Meanwhile Super Eagles midfielder Anderson Esiti was named on the bench but there was no place in the match day squad for the other Nigerian at the club Rabiu Ibrahim.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/20/eagles-defender-troost-ekong-samuel-kalu-make-competitive-debut-for-gent-against-charleroi/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2017
Debut To Remember For Nigerian Pair Troost-Ekong & Kalu As Gent Start 2017 On A Winning Note

Nigerian duo William Troost Ekong and Samuel Kalu both had a debut to remember for Belgian side Gent with the team winning their first game of the year with a 1-0 win over Sporting Charleroi.

They were both on from the start alongside fellow Nigerian Moses Simon, but while they lasted the entire duration of the game, Simon was substituted in the 65th minute.

Kalu on his part provided the assist from which Danijel Milicevic scored the only goal of the game, two minutes after Simon left the pitch.

Ekong was very strong at the rear and played a pivotal role in helping Gent hang on to their slim advantage and pick up three points, as he was timely with his tackles and intervention.

He was also very solid in aerial duels and used his pace to good effect when Charleroi threatened on the break, clearly proving how well he has matured in Norway, where he spent time on loan with FK Haugesund.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/20/debut-to-remember-for-nigerian-pair-troost-ekong-kalu-as-gent-start-2017-on-a-winning-note/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:45am On Jan 21, 2017
Late Strike Rescues Oliseh From First Loss As Coach Of Dutch Side Fortuna Sittard Against 10-Man Telstar

New Coach of struggling Dutch second division side Fortuna Sittard maintained his unbeaten start to his reign as coach of the team after a late goal helped them draw 1-1 against Telstar.

Oliseh’s first home game as coach of the team he joined last months didn’t go as planned as his side went a goal down after 32 minutes when Toine Van Huizen put the visitors in front.

The half ended with the visitors holding onto their slim lead even though they were reduced to 10 men when Crescendo Van Berkel was sent off three minutes before the break.

A much changed Fortuna Sittard side emerged from the tunnel in the second half, and dominated their opponents for large spell of the game but still failed to get the goal their dominace deserved.

However just when it seems Oliseh was going to taste his first defeat as manager of the team, Ferry de Regt struck in the 90th minute to bring scores to 1-1.

The point picked help the team move up to 16 on the log in the Dutch second division and enhance their chances of beating the drop to the third division.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/20/late-strike-rescues-oliseh-from-first-loss-as-coach-of-dutch-side-fortuna-sittard-against-10-man-telstar/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:56am On Jan 21, 2017
Oliseh: Because Of NFF President, They Tried To Kidnap Someone From My Family

Former Ajax Amsterdam midfielder Sunday Oliseh has spoken of his experience as coach of the Nigerian National Team.

The newly appointed Fortuna Sittard manager has sensationally revealed that his family almost got into trouble after the Nigeria Football Federation president announced that he was paid six months wages in advance in the wake of his appointment as the Super Eagles coach.

“They were playing political games. Contracts were not fulfilled and it was full of lies,” Oliseh was quoted as saying by Elf Voetbal.

“They tried to abduct someone from my family. There are often kidnappings in Africa. I’m glad nothing happened.”

Oliseh penned a one-and-a-half-year contract with Fortuna Sittard this month.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21780
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:58am On Jan 21, 2017
Super Eagles Rising Star Iwobi Named Among Top 50 U21 Players In The World

Alex Iwobi continues to receive accolades on the back of his performances for Arsenal and the Super Eagles.

The latest recognition is coming from Fussball Transfers, who have included the Hale End Academy product on their list of Top 50 Best U21 Players in the World.

The list features the likes of Maxime López (Olympique Marseille), Nathan Aké (Chelsea FC), Niklas Süle (Hoffenheim), Breel Embolo (FC Schalke 04), and Iwobi was ranked 44th.

“Arsenal coach Arsène Wenger is always ready to make a big break for young players. The latest project of the Gunners icon is Alex Iwobi,” FT sad about Iwobi.

“The wing player is an integral part of the Arsenal squad. In the current season Iwobi has played 25 competitive games and is above all physically already on an extremely high level.”

Manchester City’s Kelechi Iheanacho was not included ( 50-31), but it should be noted thatFT has not yet revealed the players ranked 30-1

Igho Kingsley

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21783
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:58am On Jan 21, 2017
lakesidepapa:

No problemo, its deal!
Alright. I give you 60k if Senegal wins AFCON, or
You give me 55k if Senegal does not win.
safarigirl, so #27,500 WHEN I win this. Leggo!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:02am On Jan 21, 2017
Chinedu Obasi Close To Joining His Good Pal Mikel In China

According to a report from Swedish outlet, Sports Expressen, Super Eagles striker Chinedu Obasi is on the verge of completing his switch to an unnamed Chinese club.

Allsvenskan side AIK had been in talks with Obasi over extending his stay in Stockholm, before he finally resisted their overtures.

AIK had wanted to offer the Nigerian a new deal after tallying six goals (four assists) to his name in the last three months of the 2016 season.

The 30-year-old has played for Lyn Oslo, Hoffenheim and Schalke 04.

Obasi’s very good pal, John Obi Mikel, will represent Tianjin Teda in the 2017 season.

Igho Kingsley

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21785

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:15am On Jan 21, 2017
CARL IKEME AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME –
LAMBERT

The goalkeeper has been in fine form for Wolves this season, and his coach states that he is carrying them single-handedly through games

Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Paul
Lambert hailed Carl Ikeme as a player at the
height of his game ahead of their English
Championship game against Norwich City.

The Nigerian has kept clean slates in club’s last
three games (Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke City
and Aston Villa) - and his manager feels he will
play a big role in their chase for the Championship play-off spot.

“There are a lot of games to go. I don’t know
what’s around the corner – it’s a cliché but we
take one game at a time,” Lambert told club
website.

“At this moment they’re in a good place,
defensively and offensively.

“Allied with the spirit they’ve got with each other and how close they seem to be and the
supporters... it’s an accumulation of everything
and a multitude of things that are going really
well for us.

“Carl Ikeme’s at the top of his game as well, the
lads at the back with Richard (Stearman) and
Danny (Batth) or Mike Williamson and Kortney
Hause, or Dominic Iorfa, or Conor Coady or Matt
Doherty, it’s really strong at the back.
“That’s the secret of it.”

Wolves are 16th in the Championship and are 13 points off the play-off places.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4055/main/2017/01/20/31744392/carl-ikeme-at-the-top-of-his-game-lambert

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2017
EXCLUSIVE: CELTIC TABLE BID FOR RED-HOT
NIGERIAN YOUNGSTER ONYEKURU

Onyekuru in action for Belgian club AS Eupen

AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal today that perennial Scottish champions Celtic have now tabled an official bid for Nigerian youngster Henry Onyekuru, who has taken the Belgian top league by storm this season.

After a superlative debut season in the Belgian
top flight, the 19-year-old Onyekuru has
interested several top clubs across Europe
including top German clubs Hoffenheim and RB
Leipzig as well as Russian champions CSKA
Moscow and Turkish giants Fenerbache.

Onyekuru himself told only AfricanFootball.com
the Scottish champions are now locked up in
discussions with his Belgian club AS Eupen.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/680810/EXCLUSIVE-Celtic-table-bid-for-red-hot-Nigerian-youngster-Onyekuru

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:35am On Jan 21, 2017
ONYEKURU BULLISH FOR BELGIAN CUP GLORY DESPITE SETBACK

Onyekuru

Nigerian youngster Henry Onyekuru said he is
upbeat his team Eupen will still make it to the
final of the Belgian Cup despite losing the first leg semi-final 1-0 to Zulte-Waregem.

The 19-year-old goal-getter told AfricanFootball.com that they put in their best
not to lose on Wednesday, but conceded a goal
late in the 80th minute.

"It was not a bad game, we still have it all. We
tried not to concede since we couldn't get goals,
but they scored with 10 minutes to play, it was
painful, but that's football,” Onyekuru told
AfricanFootball.com

“This is just the first half as far as I am concerned, we have the second leg which I believe we will win to get to the final."

Eupen host the second leg semi-final on February 1.

Source: http://africanfootball.com/news/680586/Onyekuru-bullish-for-Belgian-cup-glory-despite-setback

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.