Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11653133 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
Lazyerudite:

I love my country to be honest but I would not put us in the top 5 yet even top ten for now. Your list is good except Nigeria for Mali. My reason is simple, if we were top 5, we would have been in the nation's cup. Also if the list was about future prospects in terms of players we have then we would be number one. For now let's keep building and watch how good we can become. I pity those countries that are making fun of us now, time has a way of sorting things out

History has taught us the team sheet is not always a determinant of success. This is a team game and the best team will have victory.

France on paper should have won the Euros 2016 and Belgium with strength in depth at least be in the finals. But then Portugal suprised everybody.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
Una well done o o o
Sir. TheGoodJoe n Sir. Goldfish80. I enjoyed ur ping-pong-like arguement.
It came to a moment I couldn't control myself but laughed out. Una no go kee person wit laughter.

After going tru few post on d best/top 5 teams in Africa. The difference in opinions shows that there are no longer minors in Africa when t comes to the round leather game-which justify d claim that we are been cheated when t comes to world football considering that we have over 50 countries on d continent of africa...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
Icon4s:
TOP FIVE TEAMS IN AFRICA.

I was discussing with a friend a while ago and he said this AFCON is boring - A view I countered anyway but that is not what this write up is all about.

He further said this AFCON has also pointed out that Africa does not deserve the additional slots being award for the future expanded world cup, which I also countered. I told him that African Power houses are almost at par. That the additional countries from Africa would not in anyway diminish the standard because of the parity I earlier mentioned.

I gave him a simple test by listing the top 10 African footballing nations presently. And that irrespective of FIFA ranking, based on his understanding of the game in Africa, he should chose the best 5 footballing nations based on current form.

I tell you, after picking his first 2 he became confused and started analyzing who the other 3 should be.

See the list of top 10 African teams I gave him in no particular order:

Nigeria
Ghana
Cameroun
Ivory Coast
Senegal
Algeria
Egypt
Tunisia
Morocco
DR Congo

I want to throw it open to the house, forget about FIFA ranking. Using your knowledge of African football and knowing the capabilities of these individual nations can u list the best 5 teams presently in Africa? If you don't agree with my top 10 you can also list yours.

cc: All parliamentarians here.

It's a nice list you put together. But if you put Nigeria in a top 10 list then South Africa deserves a shout too.
The south Africans have been enterprising and steadfast in their football development more than many countries in the world not to talk of Africa.
They have been getting their rewards recently as exemplified by Sundowns winning the champions league.

In the world cup qualifier they have played against 2 teams in your list(Burkina Faso and Senegal) and have not lost a game.

I think Senegal are slightly being overhyped. In my opinion, the 2002 team pisses all over this team. There is just something about this team that am yet to be convinced about.

My top ten African teams are;
Ghana (1)
South Africa (2)
Nigeria (3)
Egypt (4)
Senegal (5)
Tunisa (6)
Algeria(7)
Congo (cool
Cameroun(9)
Mali (10)

Finally, I think African countries should reach out to some of their foreign born players.
In my opinion, teams like Cameroun will be better with a player like Mbappe, Tunisa would present a better team if Ben Yedder was playing for them. Algeria will do a lot better with Nabil Fekir in their team. The list goes on.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho is behind Firmino. When I watch Firmino, I say, "Iheanacho needs to watch this guy closely."

Firmino's all round play is amazing. His hard work all through the game is mind blowing. He effortlessly drops into different pockets of space on the pitch to give himself room to cause damage. If Iheanacho goes to Liverpool, he will bench. He will not play ahead of Origi. It will take him time to break in.

I feel he is closer to breaking in at City if Guardiola maintains his cool and resist the urge to bring in a top rated forward. Apart from that, City is a better option for now than Liverpool for Iheanacho.

The margins for error in City are very small, there is a very thin line between success and failure. Guardiola has to win the EPL if not this season next season. But whatever the situation he must be in contention to win. Right now they are off the mark and for City that is simply not good enough particularly considering the level of investment.

Guardiola knows this he is under HUGE pressure to deliver. He does not have the luxury of time. In Liverpool Kelechi irrespective of Firmino, Sturridge, Mane and Origi will be given time without undue pressure.

I actually don't think Origi is better than Kelechi but either way young players need time and opportunity to develop. In this regard Liverpool is a better option.

Meanwhile this is all hypothetical they may not necessarily want him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ighalo to West Brom deal falls through

[img]https://2.bp..com/-dS8-Vu2eJSM/WIbvNUROiSI/AAAAAAAACzQ/q1JMbiw0ZDIqOUl-Z_gQdOrCH3fk6cRwwCLcB/s1600/Ighalo%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

West Brom have ended their chase of Nigeria international, Odion Ighalo as Baggies Coach Tony Pulis claims Watford are asking for too much money on the out-of-form striker.

The Baggies have opened talks with the Hornets about the possibility of signing the27-year-old this January but that move hasseemingly hit the rocks.

Pulis is eager to use the £12million Albion gained from selling Saido Berahino to Stoke last week to buy another player.

On their part, Watford have agreed a £2.3m deal to sign former Birmingham City striker Mauro Zarate from Fiorentina.

His arrival is believed to be paving the way for Ighalo's departure, with Hornets boss Walter Mazzarri happy to let the Nigerian leave.

But Pulis said Watford's hardball negotiations had put the Baggies off so far.

"I think Watford want too much so I don't think we'll be in that one," he said.

Ighalo’s future has been up in the air lately, with the striker struggling for form, scoring just once in the Premier League this term, and it was believed he was headed to China.

He had rejected a move to the Far East last year, and there were reports there were still interest in him from the Asian country.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/ighalo-to-west-brom-deal-falls-through.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
Mikel loses again with Tianjin Teda

[img]https://3.bp..com/-Mn1rMhW01YY/WIbt5MLgj8I/AAAAAAAACzI/Imb6JaoDn3QL0kOjYfS4PO3JZrxHIBauQCLcB/s1600/Mikel-2.jpg[/img]

Newly appointed captain of Tiajin Teda Mikel Obi is yet to taste victory with his new team after four pre season games ahead of the start of the Chinese Super League.

Mikel joined the team in January and was subsequently appointed captain of the team and a new role as the play maker of the ambitious team.

John Mikel Obi However after four pre season games they have let in 12 goals in games against Borussia Monchengladbach II, St. Pauli, Dinamo Bucuresti and Dynamo Kiev respectively.

While they have scored four goals in the four games, yesterday they were taken to the cleaners by a classical Dynamo Kiev side losing 3-0 to the Ukrainian outfit.

Former Chelsea star Mikel started the game but failed to motivate his side, who are now into the final stage of preparation for the start of the CSL next month.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/mikel-loses-again-with-tianjin-teda.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ighalo Must Leave Watford If... - Obuh

[img]https://2.bp..com/-yYKs40g8xj8/WIbwivL9vGI/AAAAAAAACzY/r8Gz3sJp0kI6wahBabTaw-dRJ9xB0HRRACLcB/s1600/Odion-ighalo.jpg[/img]

By Augustine Akhilomen

Former Flying Eagles coach, John Obuh insists Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo should seek a transfer request out of Watford in order to save his football career.

Ighalo, who had a glowing 2015/2016 season with Watford, scoring 15 goals in 37 Premier League appearances, has struggled for consistency for the Hornets this ongoing season.

Having managed to net just one goal in 17 appearances, the Ajegunle born star has lost his place in the first team line up. He played just two minutes in the team's 2-2 draw against Bournemounth on Saturday.

Currently managing Kwara United, Obuh suggested to Soccernet.com.ng that Ighalo should make an alternative move if the situation doesn't favour him at Watford before the end of the January transfer window.

"It's disheartening to imagine that Odion Ighalo will be in such difficult position for Watford this season. In fact, with all due respect, I still expect the manager, Walter Mazzarri to show him (Ighalo) some element of confidence or morale booster in a bid for him to regain his goal scoring boot," Obuh told Soccernet.com.ng

"Ighalo is very important for the Super Eagles and I will be so delighted if he makes a goal scoring comeback to the team. If he continues to sit on the bench for Watford without fighting for shirt, he could be forgotten by the technical crew of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr. It's a normal thing for players to go through so a difficult period but then, he should keep working hard," he said.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/ighalo-must-leave-watford-if-obuh.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
Finnish Side KuPS Hands Trial To Relatively Unknown Nigerian Striker Philip Njoku

Finnish top division side KuPS have handed 20 year old Nigerian forward Philip Njoku a trial chance, which will run for one week.

The club announced via official channel that the forward will take part in training and test games during his stay with the team.

He has already resumed training with the team according to the club, and could play in a test game for the team before the end of the week.

Last season he defended the colours of fellow Finnish side FC Inter Turku, where he played 12 times and scored once for the team.

Comfortable as an attacking midfielder, or as a right winger, he could join the Nigerian duo of Gbolahan Salami and Azubuike Egwuekwe at the club which once had four Nigerians on their books.

However Aliyu Abubakar and Paul Onobi left the team in the summer as their deal was not renewed by the modest Finnish side.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/23/finnish-side-kups-hands-trial-to-relatively-unknown-nigerian-striker-philip-njoku/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
Exclusive + Medical Pictures – Okwuosa Passes Orlando Pirates Medicals, Agrees Three Years Deal

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal that captain of Chippa United James Okwuosa has completed his transfer to fellow South African side Orlando Pirates.

As reported by various news site oin South Africa a deal was reached between both teams yesterday, and the hard as nail defender had his medical with the team today.

He passed his medicals and will move to Pirates as part of a swap deal involving Justice Chabalala, Donald Mokondelela, Sello Japtha and Nkosinathi Mthiyane moving in the opposite direction.

The former Super Eagles invitee is expected to sign a three year deal with the team, which will be made official in the coming days by both clubs.

Owngoalnigeria have in it’s possession never been seen before pictures of the defender during his medical examination.

See Picture.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/23/exclusive-medical-pictures-okwuosa-passes-orlando-pirates-medicals-agrees-three-years-deal/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2017
Exclusive – Russian-Nigerian Defender Idowu Cleared To Play For Nigeria After Meeting With Rohr

24 year old Russian-Nigerian defender Brian Idowu has assured coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr that he will be available to play for Nigeria if called up.

Amkar Perm defender Idowu gave the assurances to Rohr during a meeting according to report exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial staff.

A decision on his inclusion in the Super Eagles squad for their next friendly tie against Senegal will be made in the coming days.

Idowu was born in Russia to a Nigerian father but his mother is half Russian according to reports.

He reportedly spent time in Owerri, South- East Nigeria, arriving Nigeria at the age of 3 before leaving back for Russia at the age of 6.

Since then he has spent the rest of his life in St. Petersburg, where he started his career as a footballer for FC Smena St. Petersburg before moving to Russian giants Zenith St. Petersburg.

However he failed to make the grade at the Russian side and joined Amkar Perm in 2011, where he has spent the last six seasons although he spent time on loan with Dinamo St. Petersburg in 2013.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/23/exclusive-russian-nigerian-defender-idowu-cleared-to-play-for-nigeria-after-meeting-with-rohr/

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
Celtic Coach Speaks On Rumoured Bid For Nigerian Forward Henry Onyekuru

Coach of Scottish side Celtic Brendan Rodgers has reacted to rumours linking the team with a January bid for KAS Eupen Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru.

Onyekuru who has scored 10 league goals for Eupen in the Belgian league has been linked with a move to a host of clubs, but recent reports has it that Celtic have failed with two bids for the striker’s services.

“I wouldn’t comment even if we had. Nothing to add on it.
We’ve obviously got another week or so. I want to add to the squad to keep the freshness and the quality.

But only if it’s the right time and players available and the right level of affordability. If not we’ll just have to wait until the summer”, he was quoted as saying by the Herald Scotland.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/celtic-coach-speaks-on-rumoured-bid-for-nigerian-forward-henry-onyekuru/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:00pm On Jan 24, 2017
Chelsea Loan Out Talented Nigerian Defender To Championship Side Brighton

Fikayo Tomori has joined Brighton & Hove Albion on loan until the end of the season.

Tomori moves to the AMEX Stadium for his first spell away from Stamford Bridge.

The 19-year-old, who can play in central defence or at right-back, was part of the Academy teams of Chelsea which won the FA Youth Cup and UEFA Youth League in both 2014/15 and 2015/16.

Tomori also won the Chelsea Academy Player of the Year award last season following a string of impressive performances, making his debut for the first team on the final day of last season in a 1-1 draw against Leicester City.

He was born in Canada to Nigerian Parents, which makes him eligible for Nigeria and Canada, but he can also play for England where he was brought up. So far he has represented Canada and England at youth level which means he can still represent Nigeria.

His new team Brighton are currently second in the Championship, just one point behind leaders Newcastle United.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/chelsea-loan-out-talented-nigerian-defender-to-championship-side-brighton/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
Revealed – Why Chelsea Loanee Omeruo Missed Highly Profile Clash Against Besiktas

On loan Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo was conspicuously absent when his loan side Alanyaspor were thrashed 1-4 by Besiktas in a Monday night game played in the Turkish top flight league.

Omeruo who has been ever present for Alanyaspor this season was heavily linked to Besiktas in the summer, but ended up at his present team after a breakdown in talks between Chelsea and the Turkish giants.

Yesterday he missed out on a big chance to show Besiktas what they were missing as he wasn’t listed for action in the 1-4 hammering his team suffered at home against his former suitors.

23 year old Omeruo missed the game due to accumulated bookings picked up in the 12 games he has played this season, where he has shown his versatility by moving to defence midfield from his traditional role as a central defender.

The Super Eagles hardman has been booked four times this season, with the cautions coming in games against Adanaspor, Kasimpasa, Karabukspor and last weekend tie against Rizespor.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/revealed-why-chelsea-loanee-omeruo-missed-highly-profile-clash-against-besiktas/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
Rabiu Ibrahim Reveals Real Reason Why He Didn’t Play Against Charleroi

Nigerian midfielder Rabiu Ibrahim who missed Gent’s first game of 2017 against Charleroi has revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com the reasons behind his absence.

Rabiu earned rare reviews from the coach of Gent for his performances during their winter camp in Marbella, Spain. Where he dazzled in the three friendly games they played.

Coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck went as far as saying the Nigerian will be like a new summer when the league resumes, but Rabiu wasn’t listed in the match day squad against Charleroi.

”I’m currently nursing an achilles tendon injury I suffered in training few days to our game against Charleroi, that is why I didn’t make the squad for the game”, Rabiu Ibrahim told Owngoalnigeria.com.
So far he has made only three league appearances for the team he joined in the summer from Slovakian side AS Trencin.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/rabiu-ibrahim-reveals-real-reason-why-he-didnt-play-against-charleroi/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
terzurum5:
Celtic Coach Speaks On Rumoured Bid For Nigerian Forward Henry Onyekuru

Coach of Scottish side Celtic Brendan Rodgers has reacted to rumours linking the team with a January bid for KAS Eupen Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru.

Onyekuru who has scored 10 league goals for Eupen in the Belgian league has been linked with a move to a host of clubs, but recent reports has it that Celtic have failed with two bids for the striker’s services.

“I wouldn’t comment even if we had. Nothing to add on it.
We’ve obviously got another week or so. I want to add to the squad to keep the freshness and the quality.

But only if it’s the right time and players available and the right level of affordability. If not we’ll just have to wait until the summer”, he was quoted as saying by the Herald Scotland.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/celtic-coach-speaks-on-rumoured-bid-for-nigerian-forward-henry-onyekuru/

I don't know how he and Dembele will mersh, they both seem like players who like having the ball alot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ikeme In Danger Of Missing FA Cup Tie Against Liverpool, Wolves Launch Appeal

Super Eagles and Wolverhampton Wanderers shot stopper Carl Ikeme is in danger of missing out of his club FA Cup tie with Liverpool.

Ikeme was sent off in Wolves loss to Norwich City and could miss their FA Cup tie against Liverpool, if his club failed in their appeal to overturn the red card he was shown last weekend.

Already Ikeme has spoken out about the incident, where he alleged that Norwich City forward Wes Hoolahan dived in his bid to win the penalty that got him sent off.

The 29 year old is the first choice goalkepper of the Championship side, and they are hopeful of winning their appeal against his sending off which could see him play against Liverpool.

However their chances of winning the appeal is slim according to several sources as the Super Eagles number one was sent off for pushing Hoolahan after the incident which lead to the penalty.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/ikeme-in-danger-of-missing-fa-cup-tie-against-liverpool-wolves-launch-appeal/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
Agent Says Nigeria International Goalkepper Will Join Mamelodi Sundowns This Week

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal that Enugu Rangers and Nigeria U-23 shot stopper Emmanuel Daniel could arrive South Africa this week to complete his transfer to Mamelodi Sundowns.

Daniel has been heavily linked with the defending champions of the CAF Champions League and the Premier South Africa League by the media in South Africa.

The Nigeria U-23 goalkepper who also doubles as the third choice goalkepper of the Nigeria senior national team is expected to have his medical this week with the club.

”Daniel will most likely travel this weekend to join Mamelodi Sundowns, talks are already at an advanced stage and barring any last minute hitch, the deal could be sealed as early as next week”, one of his representatives told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Nigeria League champions Enugu Rangers have already started planning without him for their CAF Champions League campaign with Nana Bonsu and Itodo Akor selected for their midweek tie in the Nigeria Professional Football League.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/agent-says-nigeria-international-goalkepper-will-join-mamelodi-sundowns-this-week/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
Exclusive – Agent Confirms Liverpool Interest In Signing Prolific Nigerian Forward Henry Onyekuru

English Premier League giants Liverpool have joined the likes of Fenerbache, Celtic, CSKA Moscow, RB Leipzig and Hoffeinheim in registering their interest in signing Henry Onyekuru.

Onyekuru has taken the Belgian league by storm with 10 goals to his name for newly promoted Eupen in the first stanza of the league, which has made him the beautiful bride of most European teams.

Scottish giants Celtic reportedly failed with a bid to sign him few days ago according to various reports in Belgium.

However an intermediary who sounded out Fenerbahce interest to the representative of the 19 year old forward says Liverpool have also the hunt for him.

”His agent told me about Liverpool’s interest yesterday when I tried to re- ignite Fenerbahce’s interest in his services. I don’t how long Eupen can hold on to him, he is a very good player.

”He (Onyekuru) will most likely leave Eupen before the end of this transfer window despite their hard stance. They could be forced to cash in on him”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/exclusive-agent-confirms-liverpool-interest-in-signing-prolific-nigerian-forward-henry-onyekuru/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 9:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
terzurum5:

The last Topic will not be too hard to write on. It is always reasonable to avoid virgin Topics while handling your Project

thanks a lot I appreciate

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
terzurum5:
Exclusive – Agent Confirms Liverpool Interest In Signing Prolific Nigerian Forward Henry Onyekuru

English Premier League giants Liverpool have joined the likes of Fenerbache, Celtic, CSKA Moscow, RB Leipzig and Hoffeinheim in registering their interest in signing Henry Onyekuru.

Onyekuru has taken the Belgian league by storm with 10 goals to his name for newly promoted Eupen in the first stanza of the league, which has made him the beautiful bride of most European teams.

Scottish giants Celtic reportedly failed with a bid to sign him few days ago according to various reports in Belgium.

However an intermediary who sounded out Fenerbahce interest to the representative of the 19 year old forward says Liverpool have also the hunt for him.

”His agent told me about Liverpool’s interest yesterday when I tried to re- ignite Fenerbahce’s interest in his services. I don’t how long Eupen can hold on to him, he is a very good player.

”He (Onyekuru) will most likely leave Eupen before the end of this transfer window despite their hard stance. They could be forced to cash in on him”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/exclusive-agent-confirms-liverpool-interest-in-signing-prolific-nigerian-forward-henry-onyekuru/
I take it with a pinch of salt whatever this website says with respect to player transfers.
It's very obvious this site is a tool for agents to market their players nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
goldfish80:

I take it with a pinch of salt whatever this website says with respect to player transfers.
It's very obvious this site is a tool for agents to market their players nothing more.

In the case of Onyekuru, many of the links to him can be found on other sites.

I doubt Liverpool though, no way they can get a work permit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
My team DR Congo representing..

Looks like the glory days of DR congo are back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
terzurum5:
Rabiu Ibrahim Reveals Real Reason Why He Didn’t Play Against Charleroi

Nigerian midfielder Rabiu Ibrahim who missed Gent’s first game of 2017 against Charleroi has revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com the reasons behind his absence.

Rabiu earned rare reviews from the coach of Gent for his performances during their winter camp in Marbella, Spain. Where he dazzled in the three friendly games they played.

Coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck went as far as saying the Nigerian will be like a new summer when the league resumes, but Rabiu wasn’t listed in the match day squad against Charleroi.

”I’m currently nursing an achilles tendon injury I suffered in training few days to our game against Charleroi, that is why I didn’t make the squad for the game”, Rabiu Ibrahim told Owngoalnigeria.com.
So far he has made only three league appearances for the team he joined in the summer from Slovakian side AS Trencin.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/24/rabiu-ibrahim-reveals-real-reason-why-he-didnt-play-against-charleroi/
This Bros still dey play ball sha, na wa o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
komekn:

The margins for error in City are very small, there is a very thin line between success and failure. Guardiola has to win the EPL if not this season next season. But whatever the situation he must be in contention to win. Right now they are off the mark and for City that is simply not good enough particularly considering the level of investment.

Guardiola knows this he is under HUGE pressure to deliver. He does not have the luxury of time. In Liverpool Kelechi irrespective of Firmino, Sturridge, Mane and Origi will be given time without undue pressure.

I actually don't think Origi is better than Kelechi but either way young players need time and opportunity to develop. In this regard Liverpool is a better option.

Meanwhile this is all hypothetical they may not necessarily want him.

Iheanacho stands a better chance at City. He can not get playing time now. Ovie Ejaria, Stewart are not playing games. Nacho is in a better position than these guys. If Klopp can not secure quality playing time for them, he can not magically do the same for Nacho.

For now, Guardiola has said he rates Nacho. He has Iheanacho as the second striker. What the young man needs is time to work hard and develop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ivory Coast out of AFCON!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
joseph1013:

There goes my pick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
joseph1013:
gradels of this world,bony,aurier, etc..

yet NOTHING COME OUT..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
tbaba1234:

In the case of Onyekuru, many of the links to him can be found on other sites.

I doubt Liverpool though, no way they can get a work permit.
Almost all the links to Liverpool goes back to owngoalnigeria.com
A Merseyside based blog tagged them as a "dubious website" in their report of the story
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/01/rumour-mill-liverpool-linked-teenage-nigerian-winger-henry-onyekuru/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

There goes my pick.
LOL.. Not so long ago, you were boasting how they will decimate Egypt and stroll to the Crown.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
goldfish80:

Almost all the links to Liverpool goes back to owngoalnigeria.com

Yes, it was reported as a statement from his agent and that is possible. Agents say crap like that all the time.

Just like the story of Onobi going to Monaco, days before he signed for Abia warriors.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:39am On Jan 25, 2017
Togo, most disorganized team in the nations cup, too many preventable goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princesuko(m): 2:37am On Jan 25, 2017
Kog45:
I want u to take it cool,this is a forum where everybody can express their different opinions and comments but it is left for d wise ones to understand who is really making sense.

Pls just send your comment and people who appreciate it w thumb up to your admiration.Do not worry about people attitudes here,we all come from different school of thought about football,some play it,some understand it,some are very good when it comes to analytical,some are stubborn when it comes to their view on issue,some take it personal here despite being a faceless forum.

This is a great thread irrespective of age or experience and we are here to learn,some have been watching d game since 80s while some started yesterday but that doesn't mean w should look down on d new one comments or opinions.

My man this thread is sweet,just enjoy it and pass your comment without rancour and u love it.

Cheers wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.