Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,731 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11617225 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (16130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:17am On Apr 25, 2017
Abeg make we just end this Enyeama matter.... looolll

Vincent is not coming back..... but time will tell shaa....

He is still our legend anyway... but I believe it is about time we gave youth the chance.... Nwokolor and Alampasu are ready to step up ..... Emmanuel Daniel too.... Nigeria have never lacked Fantastic Goalies and we will never lack.... in every generation, Nigeria always produces at least a goalie that will go on to be one of the best in Africa or even in the world....

But if Rohr still feels Vincent can give us a few more years.... well... who are we to stop him?

But honestly, I don't Think Enyeama will return.... my mind don commot for the matter as much as I really love him.... but if he does... well undecided

kennysville:
As per enyeama's replacement, our problem has always been over reliance. If we had 3 to 4 equally gud players vying for his shirt, he wont be talking this cock and bull. In fact the reason he left was more of him feeling threatened. Okocha has left the scene since 2010 i think and there hasnt been a single replacement. No active scouting. Its always a man know man thing going on. How wont we be singing #bringbackvincent?
If Oliseh didnt come up with Ikeme, did we know of him before? Thank God for social media and nairalanders. Many names I see in here, I have never heard of them. Many of whome may never even get to be called up. Thats to tell you that it is a priviledge to even be called into Super Eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2017
Put Aluko, Onyekuru and Samuel Kalu in the mix and some players will struggle to hold their place. It will stiffen competition for places. Onyekuru is high on confidence right now and so is Aluko.

Ahmed Musa and Isaac Success have not really played much recently.

It will make for interesting competition.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2017
Exclusive: Germany Confirms Talks With Nigeria Over Friendly Game

The Franco-German coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr says a host of friendly games have been lined up for the team later in the year, to help them in competitive games.

Nigeria will be heavily involved in AFCON 2019 and World Cup 2018 qualifiers later in the year, starting from the AFCON qualifiers against South Africa on the 10th of June.

Already test games to put the team in shape for more daunting and challenging games have been arranged, with coach Rohr eager to test a host of players before using them in competitive games.

Rohr confirmed talks are underway to play two friendly games in France, where the team are expected to hold a training camp later in the year, revealed talks are underway for a high profile friendly game with the German national team.

”We have made contact with top executives in the German FA about a friendly, so we could play them”, Rohr said in an interview on Brila FM.

Owngoalnigeria.com sent a mail to a member of the German FA to confirm how well talks have progressed, and he replied by saying although talks have been initiated, few progress has been made.

”There has been contact with Nigeria over a friendly game but that is all I know about the proposed tie. Maybe in the coming days more will be revealed “, he replied via mail.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/25/exclusive-germany-confirms-talks-with-nigeria-over-friendly-game/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2017
Exclusive: Porto Acquires Musa Yahaya Full Rights, Gives Portimonense 60% Right Of Chidera Ezeh

Portuguese giants FC Porto have decided to buy off the full rights of highly rated Nigerian teen forward Musa Yahaya from Portimonense.

Yahaya joined Porto, on a co-ownership deal but Porto redeemed him by compensating Portimonense to let go off their stake in the 19 year old forward.

The form of Yahaya played a big part in Porto’s decision to acquire his full rights, with reports tipping him to make a big breakthrough into the first team next season.

However the Portuguese giants have sold 60 % of the right of Chidera Ezeh, who was a bit part player for Portimonense, who are going to play in the top division next summer.

Ezeh might according to a source not play for Portimonense next season, as the club have already drawn up plans for him to go out on loan at the end of this season.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/25/exclusive-porto-acquires-musa-yahaya-full-rights-gives-portimonense-60-right-of-chidera-ezeh/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
Sone Aluko (wings and 10 role)

Henry Onyekuru (wing forward and winger)

Samuel Kalu (winger)

Alex Iwobi (Left and Right AMF also a no.10, Central AMF)

Victor Moses (not many people know he can play the 10 role too but the wings is his thing majorly shaa)

Simon Moses (winger/wing forward)

Isaac Success (winger/wing forward)

Ahmed Musa (winger/wing forward/SS)

Very interesting competition indeed wink

tbaba1234:
Put Aluko, Onyekuru and Samuel Kalu in the mix and some players will struggle to hold their place. It will stiffen competition for places. Onyekuru is high on confidence right now and so is Aluko.

Ahmed Musa and Isaac Success have not really played much recently.

It will make for interesting competition.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

My Super Op Oga.... abeg free Chief Icon4s.... grin

He is still the arch-guardian of Experience oooo..... this Aluko matter I no wan really talk shaa..... but I do rate the dude.

Whatever that is making Chief Icon4s, Oga Experience himself, not sound too enthusiastic about Aluko's chances with our team may be surprisingly well founded but I personally feel Aluko will bring further depth and a few added qualities to that role.... he is a fine player and have matured beyond the player who rescued us against South Africa or played in the EPL.

All the same.... We have good and fantastic talents in the role already and Aluko's addition will be to bring further depth.

Let Rohr work..... he sees all these players and I am sure he is aware of Aluko....

one player I wanna see given a chance with time is Kenny Otigba... he may be in turkey but he is still a class act.

Hey Egbon Forgiveness... which club wan sign Solanke sef? I dey hear Liverpool rumors and many other rumors.... tell that dude to hot up fast.... coz Tammy Abraham no dey smile at all

And Osimhen biko.... plss no more injuries... start showing people what you got on this higher level mehn!!!

Of all our young forwards, Osimhen is two-footed..... watch out for him.

It's not yet clear but he is certainly leaving Chelsea this season.

RP Leipzig is in the forefront to get his service though Liverpool, Bayern Munich and others have joined the race to capture him for next season.

That is why this lad should be approached before he turn super star. grin

http://www.talkchelsea.net/transfers/dominic-solanke-has-reportedly-held-talks-with-rb-leipzig-over-move-to-german-club/

Thanks moderators for heeding to my humble plea. Once again, thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:45am On Apr 25, 2017

Rohr rejects Congo friendly for Eagles, approves Burkina Faso

Insists on teams ahead of Eagles for future friendly games

The Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr has rejected request by the Republic of Congo Football Federation to play the Eagles in their France camp, which is expected to open on May 23 in Corsica.

Coach Gernot Rohr has told the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) that the Super Eagles future friendly matches ahead of the AFCON 2019 and World Cup 2018 qualifying matches must be with teams that are ahead of the Eagles in FIFA rankings.

Rohr, who rejected the Congo Brazzaville request, has however approved another friendly with Burkina Faso who is five places ahead of Nigeria in the monthly FIFA rankings.

Burkina Faso is ranked 35 by FIFA, as against Nigeria who are ranked 40th, while Congo Brazzaville are ranked 84th.

Nigeria will use the proposed friendly game against Burkina Faso to prepare for their upcoming AFCON 2019 qualifiers against South Africa on the 10th of June in Uyo.

Source: http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/rohr-rejects-congo-friendly-for-eagles-approves-burkina-faso/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2017
Uhmmmm.... looks like you were banned or something... or maybe well anyway.....

And cool.... RB Leipzig will be playing UCL football next season. They are a good option.

And as for the rumors of Bayern and Liverpool.... let's see how it all turns out.... smiley

Dominic Solanke.... another "possible" addition to Nigeria's Rising new generation. It will be super competitive if he teams up with us.... Iheanacho (ofcos, I see him also in the AMF role), Osimhen, Tammy, possibly Solanke also and not to forget the possibility of Odey if he continues to progress nicely .... that will be earthshaking competition.... lol

Not to forget the other Nigerian young forwards doing their things as we may never know who just catches fire and start to paint Europe with goals and dazzling performances.... Simy Nwankwo, Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi, Fred Friday, etc. etc

forgiveness:

It's not yet clear but he certainly leaving Chelsea this season.

RP Leipzig are in the forefront to get his service though Liverpool, Bayern Munich and others have joined the race to capture him for next season.

http://www.talkchelsea.net/transfers/dominic-solanke-has-reportedly-held-talks-with-rb-leipzig-over-move-to-german-club/

Thanks moderators for heeding to my humble plea. Once again, thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
forgiveness:
cry cry cry cry angry angry angry angry grin grin cheesy grin grin

Breeze don blow foul yanch don show. NFF take ya time ooooooo.

How NFF Made Nigeria Lose Dele Alli To England – Ex England International Reveals

April 24, 2017 Nigeria

26AE1058-FE75-46DE-9736-68EC87584589-9922-00000452F70C267F
Former Wimbledon FC captain John Fashanu says the Nigeria Football Federation should be blamed over Nigeria’s inability to lure Dele Alli to play for the Super Eagles instead of the Three Lions of England.

Dele Alli joined Tottenham Hotspurs two year ago from MK Dons, a team Fashanu has strong links with and the teenager is now proving his worth in his first season at White Hart Lane and now an England international.

Fashanu in a chat with owngoalnigeria.com. revealed he could have been playing for Nigeria as he made contact with the teenager during his loan spell at MK Dons but got zero support from the NFF in trying to woo him.

“I used my connections at the team to get through to him (Alli) and we spoke at length but he request we meet his dad as he was just 17 then and too young to make such a decision” He told owngoalnigeria.

“However when I got through to the NFF as I need travel with them to have talks with his parents,nobody was willing to listen to me as they were back then involved in a power tussle,that was how we lost Alli to England”.

Alli was a key player for England at the last European championship took place in France last year.

Michael James

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/882614498?-18946:4882:3

not this present board of NFF, even befor he started playing for MK DONS, LUL and AMINU wont listen to reason, cos they get dia preferred choice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I do not know how you missed it the first time when I clearly quoted you or are you bound at making wrong meanings of what I say.

When I said Eddie Howe is a small boy to Rodgers, it has nothing to do with age but in depth knowledge of tactics. Please get it. Steve Bruce is older than Brendan Rodgers but tactically a small boy to Rodgers.

Howe is a small boy to Rodgers tactically.

Howie is one of the best managers in England. This guy took Bournemouth from league one to the championship, then the Premiship all in a space of 3 years is nothing short of phenomenal.

His winning ratio stands at 46%. That is very decent for a team with operating on a wage bill of about £25M. Man city runs a wage bill of about £225M,you can measure the gulf in margin between Bournemouth and Manchester City and to think that his team have not been in a relegation dog fight, one can see why Howie is being touted as the best British manager.
If his tactics aren't up to scratch, his records won't be this impressive. Little wonder he's been tipped by many to take over from Wenger. I forsee him in nearest future lead England or secure a top job in the Premier league. He's the definition of a proper manager.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
joseph1013:

It's not by age. Zidane is a rookie coach but see how he lashed the legendary Ancelotti and has been bossing the league and CL. Or who is the small boy?

I don't rate Rodgers. Celtic is not such a good judge. The competition in Scotland is poo. I would have taken him seriously if he broke records with Celtic at the Champions League.

Bournemouth is a fantastic team and the experience he will have playing such an attacking style in England against top teams will catapult him, if he does well.

I am not talking in respect of age but in depth knowledge of the game. Eddie Howe is a small boy to Zidane but Zidane is not a small boy to Rodgers. Comprende.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Club Brugge Hoping To Beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool In Race To Sign Nigerian Teenager

Club Brugge are in the driving seat to sign in-demand Nigerian frontman Henry Onyekuru this summer, according to reports.

Reports in Belgium claim that Blue-Black are close to signing the 19-year-old striker from Eupen but face competition from English Premier League clubs.

This has not been corroborated by Onyekuru as he prefers a move to England, where he's attracting interest from so many clubs.

Liverpool, Bournemouth, Southampton, West Brom and Celtic are keeping tabs on the 19-year-old, who has also been watched by Arsenal and Chelsea this season.

Onyekuru tallied his 19th goal of the season last weekend against KV Kortrijk, his fifth goal in the Belgian First Division A playoffs.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : as-eupen.be

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22833
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Newcastle ‘eye 26-goal Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham’
By Rory Briggs

Newcastle are looking to sign Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham to bolster their attack ahead of the 2017/18 Premier League season.

Abraham, 19, has scored 26 goals in 46 appearances across all competitions while on loan at Bristol City this season with 23 of those coming in the Championship.

According to the Chronicle , Newcastle are planning a summer bid for the young striker, who has netted four goals in his last four league games, to give Dwight Gayle and Aleksandar Mitrovic competition up front.

Abraham has already lined up alongside two members of Rafa Benitez’s Newcastle squad, Isaac Hayden and Rolando Aarons, while on international with England Under-21s.

It is believed United’s chief scout is still keen for Aleksandar Mitrovic to help Newcastle’s first season back in the Premier League next year.

Abraham would also have competition in another prolific striker in the Championship this season in Dwight Gayle, who has scored 22 goals in 33 appearances since joining last summer.

The Chelsea loanee has limited experience in the top flight having made just two Premier League appearances for the Blues.

Tammy Abraham has made two Premier League appearances for Chelsea.

Burnley striker Andre Gray has also been linked with a move to Newcastle and Clarets boss Sean Dyche admitted in March that a number of managers are interested in his leading forward.
Gray has found the back of the net on eight occasions in the Premier League in 2016/17 after taking the Championship by storm the previous campaign with 23 strikes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Newcastle ‘eye 26-goal Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham’
By Rory Briggs

Newcastle are looking to sign Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham to bolster their attack ahead of the 2017/18 Premier League season.

Abraham, 19, has scored 26 goals in 46 appearances across all competitions while on loan at Bristol City this season with 23 of those coming in the Championship.

According to the Chronicle , Newcastle are planning a summer bid for the young striker, who has netted four goals in his last four league games, to give Dwight Gayle and Aleksandar Mitrovic competition up front.

Abraham has already lined up alongside two members of Rafa Benitez’s Newcastle squad, Isaac Hayden and Rolando Aarons, while on international with England Under-21s.

It is believed United’s chief scout is still keen for Aleksandar Mitrovic to help Newcastle’s first season back in the Premier League next year.

Abraham would also have competition in another prolific striker in the Championship this season in Dwight Gayle, who has scored 22 goals in 33 appearances since joining last summer.

The Chelsea loanee has limited experience in the top flight having made just two Premier League appearances for the Blues.

Burnley striker Andre Gray has also been linked with a move to Newcastle and Clarets boss Sean Dyche admitted in March that a number of managers are interested in his leading forward.
Gray has found the back of the net on eight occasions in the Premier League in 2016/17 after taking the Championship by storm the previous campaign with 23 strikes.

our boad shud nothing. Make he she upid mistakes ake of selling over. Loaning out in TAMMY again,

we need him to benched foul mouth, or possibly send COSTA out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Icon4s:

I did not see the moniker of the person making this comment before I knew exactly who it could be.

Ajagun is good but we are blessed with better AM options.

Lol...he is so predictable..
sometimes I think he is related to ajagun

I just pray ajagun get call up someday even if it is a friendly match so that he will let us rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
do4luv14:

our boad shud nothing. Make he she upid mistakes ake of selling over. Loaning out in TAMMY again,

we need him to benched foul mouth, or possibly send COSTA out

I will want him to be a super eagles player before he cement a place in Chelsea starting 11
otherwise England will easily lure him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
Humility017:

I will want him to be a super eagles player before he cement a place in Chelsea starting 11
otherwise England will easily lure him

i understand your point, but some coaches s can benefit. Very crazy some. Times, its easier said han done,

you see what CONGRATS man. Did it o MIKL but foe he leave
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
terzurum5:

I won't crucify Rohr if he leaves him out at the end of the day.

However, you did made us understand the importance of experience in a winning team. Not also forgetting the average age of a winning team.

The "arch guardian of experience "y u dey fall my hand now
Abi experience no de count again.

cc: TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, etc.

Hahahaha.

Save yourself all these emotions. Rohr knows the team better than everyone of us here. And if Aluko is not invited for our next game just take it easy.

Where were you guys when syenite (my old moniker) was clamouring for Aluko during Oliseh.

A lot has changed.

This is a new set up.

Talking about experience, I have repeatedly said I like my defenders and midfielders very experienced but my forwards, I like then young and adventurous(I do not tolerate academy players in the Super eagles though ). And that has not changed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Rohr rejects Congo friendly for Eagles, approves Burkina Faso

The Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr has rejected request by the Republic of Congo Football Federation to play the Eagles in their France camp, which is expected to open on May 23 in Corsica.

Coach Gernot Rohr has told the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) that the Super Eagles future friendly matches ahead of the AFCON 2019 and World Cup 2018 qualifying matches must be with teams that are ahead of the Eagles in FIFA rankings.

Rohr, who rejected the Congo Brazzaville request, has however approved another friendly with Burkina Faso who is five places ahead of Nigeria in the monthly FIFA rankings.

Burkina Faso is ranked 35 by FIFA, as against Nigeria who are ranked 40th, while Congo Brazzaville are ranked 84th.

Nigeria will use the proposed friendly game against Burkina Faso to prepare for their upcoming AFCON 2019 qualifiers against South Africa on the 10th of June in Uyo.

Source: http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/rohr-rejects-congo-friendly-for-eagles-approves-burkina-faso/

A good one.

Now we can start selecting countries we play against. That is way forward to improve our FIFA ranking and also to boost the confidence in our team.

U cannot rule out d importance of the FIFA rankings any more as both FIFA and CAF seedings are done from it.

Why should I not continue to love this current coaching crew?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Under Oliseh? Syenite? undecided

Never heard of it.... *scratches head*

Icon4s:

Hahahaha.

Save yourself all these emotions. Rohr knows the team better than everyone of us here. And if Aluko is not invited for our next game just take it easy.

Where were you guys when syenite (my old moniker) was clamouring for Aluko during Oliseh.

A lot has changed.

This is a new set up.

Talking about experience, I have repeatedly said I like my defenders and midfielders very experienced but my forwards, I like then young and adventurous(I do not tolerate academy players in the Super eagles though ). And that has not changed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
ODION IGHALO SET FOR QUICK RETURN FROM ANKLE INJURY

Eagles stars Odion Ighalo and Kelechi Iheanacho
by Graeme Jackson

Odion Ighalo is set to make a quick return from his ankle injury, which is good news for Nigeria ahead of their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa.

The former Watford player suffered the knock 10 days ago in Changchun Yatai’s 3-2 loss to Shanghai Shenhua in the Chinese Super League.

It was initially feared that the player would be unavailable for the Super Eagles when they tackle Bafana Bafana in early June, but fortunately the injury was not a major one.

In fact, Ighalo is expected to return to full training with Changchun Yatai early next week.

“I have started my rehabilitation, started working in the gym and swimming pool. I will be back next weekend,” Ighalo told allnigeriasoccer.com. “From Monday I can run and train with the team.”

Ighalo will hope to be included in Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr’s squad, which is set to be named in May.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/704169/Odion-Ighalo-set-for-quick-return-from-ankle-injury

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Under Oliseh? Syenite? undecided

Never heard of it.... *scratches head*

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Club Brugge Hoping To Beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool In Race To Sign Nigerian Teenager

Club Brugge are in the driving seat to sign in-demand Nigerian frontman Henry Onyekuru this summer, according to reports.

Reports in Belgium claim that Blue-Black are close to signing the 19-year-old striker from Eupen but face competition from English Premier League clubs.

This has not been corroborated by Onyekuru as he prefers a move to England, where he's attracting interest from so many clubs.

Liverpool, Bournemouth, Southampton, West Brom and Celtic are keeping tabs on the 19-year-old, who has also been watched by Arsenal and Chelsea this season.

Onyekuru tallied his 19th goal of the season last weekend against KV Kortrijk, his fifth goal in the Belgian First Division A playoffs.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : as-eupen.be

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22833

Club brugge abi wetin,,,,,get ur hands off him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hands abi na eyes? grin
Dem Neva hold am naa..... looooolllll

Chrismario:

Club brugge abi wetin,,,,,get ur hands off him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
Sebi I have been saying this thing.... There is just no way Rohr will give a debut to a rookie/greenhorn against South Africa or Cameroun when Akpeyi is still available.... I have been saying that all our cry for young keepers won't work now but for the near future post-qualifiers... coz we are stuck with Akpeyi for now and Rohr sees him as *tested* and *somewhat trusted* despite his shaky displays oftentimes....

We just have to accept the fact that Alampasu, Nwokolor, Emma Daniel, Osigwe etc etc (plus any other goalie prospect we have) are for the near future and eventual long-term but right now, The technical crew won't toy or experiment with that Goalie position.... coz the competitive games ahead of us are crucial... very crucial....

..........................................................................................................

Nigeria: Inviting New Goalkeepers to Super Eagles May Hurt Us, Says Agu
By Alex Monye

Super Eagles Goalkeeper Trainer, Alloy Agu, has said that the Coach Gernor Rohr-led Super Eagles technical crew would not inject new goalkeepers to the current team ahead of the 2019 Nation Cup qualifier showdown against South Africa in Uyo.

Speaking with The Guardian, Alloy, who expressed confidence over the goalkeepers that include Carl Ikeme, Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa, said it would be a dangerous precedence for the technical crew to start inviting younger goaltenders to its fold, as the team prepares for the crucial AFCON game against South Africa.

He reasoned that using experienced and well exposed goalkeepers for the AFCON and during the World Cup qualifiers would assist the Nigeria team gets the needed results.

The former Super Eagles captain explained that the reason for this decision is to ensure that a reliable goalkeeper is picked for the international engagements.

He noted that testing new goalkeepers ahead of the South Africa tie would not augur well for the Super Eagles because of the short time.

"We are not going to invite new keepers into the Super Eagles squad ahead of the 2019 Nations Cup qualifier against South and the World Cup qualifiers. The reason is that we do not want to create any distraction in the team.

"We are considering bringing in young keepers to take over from the ones in camp in the nearest future. But it is going to be a gradual thing. On the recall of Vincent Enyeama to the Super Eagles, I cannot say anything on that," he stated.

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201704250911.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
[b]Why Arsenal Starlet Iwobi Voted For Kante To Win PFA Award Not Alexis, Hails Chelsea Star
Published: April 25, 2017

Alex Iwobi has praised Chelsea star N’Golo Kante after the Frenchman won the PFA Player of the Year award on Sunday.
The Nigerian international has admitted that the hardworking midfielder was his favourite to win the prestigious award, having voted for him.

“He’s someone that works for the team and even though he’s a Chelsea player, you have to respect what he does,” Iwobi told arsenal.com

“He works for the team and just runs non-stop - he’s got something every player would like to have. Every player would like to have him in their team.

“The engine, the energy he brings, the enthusiasm - he is my player of the season.”

Per PFA rules, Iwobi couldn’t have voted for Arsenal teammate Alexis Sanchez because he is not allowed to vote for a player that is at the same club as himself.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : arsenal.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22835
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Spurs plotting swoop for Blackpool teen sensation Bright Osayi-Samuel

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3391047/tottenham-transfer-news-blackpool-bright-osayi-samuel/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sebi I have been saying this thing.... There is just no way Rohr will give a debut to a rookie/greenhorn against South Africa or Cameroun when Akpeyi is still available.... I have been saying that all our cry for young keepers won't work now but for the near future post-qualifiers... coz we are stuck with Akpeyi for now and Rohr sees him as *tested* and *somewhat trusted* despite his shaky displays oftentimes....

We just have to accept the fact that Alampasu, Nwokolor, Emma Daniel, Osigwe etc etc (plus any other goalie prospect we have) are for the near future and eventual long-term but right now, The technical crew won't toy or experiment with that Goalie position.... coz the competitive games ahead of us are crucial... very crucial....

..........................................................................................................

By Alex Monye

Super Eagles Goalkeeper Trainer, Alloy Agu, has said that the Coach Gernor Rohr-led Super Eagles technical crew would not inject new goalkeepers to the current team ahead of the 2019 Nation Cup qualifier showdown against South Africa in Uyo.

Speaking with The Guardian, Alloy, who expressed confidence over the goalkeepers that include Carl Ikeme, Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa, said it would be a dangerous precedence for the technical crew to start inviting younger goaltenders to its fold, as the team prepares for the crucial AFCON game against South Africa.

He reasoned that using experienced and well exposed goalkeepers for the AFCON and during the World Cup qualifiers would assist the Nigeria team gets the needed results.

The former Super Eagles captain explained that the reason for this decision is to ensure that a reliable goalkeeper is picked for the international engagements.

He noted that testing new goalkeepers ahead of the South Africa tie would not augur well for the Super Eagles because of the short time.

"We are not going to invite new keepers into the Super Eagles squad ahead of the 2019 Nations Cup qualifier against South and the World Cup qualifiers. The reason is that we do not want to create any distraction in the team.

"We are considering bringing in young keepers to take over from the ones in camp in the nearest future. But it is going to be a gradual thing. On the recall of Vincent Enyeama to the Super Eagles, I cannot say anything on that," he stated.

This is rubbish if said by Alloy Agu.. No wonder, they have been inviting poor quality keepers.

Akpeyi is a mistake waiting to happen. With the injury troubles of Ikeme, we need a reliable deputy.

I respect gradual injection of players but we should at least have a young understudy to Ikeme that we can trust. Emmanuel Daniel has kept in high pressure situations and for my money is better than Akpeyi.

The goalkeeping coaches are not looking to improve that area.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

By Alex Monye

Rohr and his crew are very predictable.

It is only people who chose not to understand him that cannot predict him.

I once said here that I can list at least 9 out of the 11 players that will start against SA.

Daniel Akpeyi as shaky as people here say he is has severally proven he is a at least a descent back up goalie. Keeping goal against Egypt, Algeria and Senegal. How bigger can it come for him?

The goal keeping position for our next 3 games is not for rookies.

In other news, TheSuperNerd you are impressing me more and more these days with your analysis. The young has grown. We will soon induct u into the Elders hall of fame. Haha haha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Rohr Told Enyeama He Won’t Be Captain Anymore, If He Returns – Osasu

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr won’t be stripping John Obi Mikel as captain of the team even if former captain Vincent Enyeama returns to the team.

Enyeama’s possible return to the team has been severally discussed due to doubts surrounding the fitness ‎of first choice goalkeeper Carl Ikeme, who could miss the rest of the season owing to an injury picked up three weeks ago.

Speaking on the issue, Nigerian journalist Osasu Obayiuwana ‎said Rohr told him, he has met with Enyeama and among other stuffs discussed, he told the former captain who quit the team in controversial circumstances, that he has to respect the structure of the team the way it is now.

” So, do some people feel that Enyeama cannot come back and realised that things have changed?. Surely he would like to to a fourth World Cup?, Rohr wants him back, because he has told me that”, Osasu said.

” But on condition that he is ready to accept the place and role that he, Rohr, gives him. Enyeama still our best goalkeeper. I think that is not in doubt, right?‎”.

Ade Emmanuel

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/25/rohr-told-enyeama-he-wont-be-captain-anymore-if-he-returns-osasu/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Rohr and his crew are very predictable.

It is only people who chose not to understand him that cannot predict him.

I once said here that I can list at least 9 out of the 11 players that will start against SA.

Daniel Akpeyi as shaky as people here say he is has severally proven he is a at least a descent back up goalie. Keeping goal against Egypt, Algeria and Senegal. How bigger can it come for him?

The goal keeping position for our next 3 games is not for rookies.

Akpeyi scares the heck out of me. He can not catch any crosses and dropped the ball for Senegal's goal. Let us not forget, his atrocious performance in the Olympics.

Rohr will not be so keen on Enyeama if the deputies were that good. Akpeyi is just manageable because of a lack of experienced options.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
Skillful Chelsea Wing-Back Victor Moses Named Nigeria Top Dribbler In Europe

Football statisticians CIES Football Observatory have published on their website the top 100 dribblers in the top five leagues in Europe.

Middlesbrough’s Adama Traore is first on the list and outranked Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Allan St-Maximin (Bastia). Neymar, Lionel Messi and Alexis Sanchez.

If Liverpool-born Ross Barkley is not included in the mix, the highest ranked Nigerian player is Chelsea’s Victor Moses, who is joint-76th best on the list.

That should not come as a surprise as the right wing-back is known for his flair and ability to take on opponents, especially in 1 vs 1 situations.

Moses has attempted 81 dribbles with a success rate of 59 percent, and scored 73.5 overall.

The dribbling index is calculated by dividing the number of dribbles attempted by the percentage of successful ones.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22837

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (16130) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, jihday(m), Cecco90, viccy12, charlesemeka85(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Banuso99, mowah, sureleads, Suzzytee05(f) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.