Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11754483 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:14am On Apr 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
What?? I must be seeing things!!!!! shocked

Yara Yara plsss get me my special microscopic-view glasses.... I need to re-read what my eyes have fallen upon tonight....

Looollll.... what? me?? Elders gini??

Bia Chief Icon4s.... if na prank plsss stop am.... Abeg.... biko.... no play that kain play....

How can I a neonate enter into the halls of experience?? and be called an elder?? You think I don't have great respect for all the years and time you elders have invested to become Re-knowned Guardians of the Halls of Experience??

Abeg abeg abeg.... no prank me biko.... kolewerk!!!!! angry

I still get a looooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnngggggg way to go mehn! haba!!!! indomie generation neaonate like me.... sad

Haha haha go back and read that post from which I quoted you. It shows a lot about how you now see the game.

A phrase like "tested and trusted" was not common in your vocabulary. It shows you are now getting older in the game to understand the importance of those two key words in football.
-Experience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:15am On Apr 26, 2017
Icon4s:

There was no way we could have even won the AYC with that bunch talk less of the WYC.

You do not know. Before judging that way, those young men deserved better conditions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:18am On Apr 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You do not know. Before judging that way, those young men deserved better conditions.

Has there been any Nigerian team that has enjoyed the best of conditions? Was it not in your very eyes that the Rio team landed at the airport and few hrs later went to play Japan and still won?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20am On Apr 26, 2017
Icon4s:

Young players find it easy to adapt to which ever style of play. A good coach will know how to tinker youngsters to adapt to his style of play. The long qualifying series is enough to groom them into his own philosophy.

I repeat, his team was grossly inadequate.

Amunike has his strategy and it helped him unearth brilliant talents like Orji Okonkwo, Osimhen and Chukwueze. He was also part of the Manu Garba's team selection process.

Give better preparation before criticising the work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:22am On Apr 26, 2017
Icon4s:

Has there been any Nigerian team that has enjoyed the best of conditions? Was it not in your very eyes that the Rio team landed at the airport and few hrs later went to play Japan and still won?

Amunike's team's case is like no other. Where the team did not get rewarded for winning the U17 World Cup and then get abandoned in camp with no allowances. The condition was terrible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:22am On Apr 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike has his strategy and it helped him unearth brilliant talents like Orji Okonkwo, Osimhen and Chukwueze. He was also part of the Manu Garba's team selection process.

Give better preparation before criticising the work.

That team was grossly inadequate. Period.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:23am On Apr 26, 2017
Icon4s:

That team was grossly inadequate. Period.

You do not know because they were not given a fair opportunity. Terribly treated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:26am On Apr 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike's team's case is like no other. Where the team did not get rewarded for winning the U17 World Cup and then get abandoned in camp with no allowances. The condition was terrible.

The 1985 Eaglets were just rewarded their landed property and scholarships by this same Buhari regime in 2015.

Go back and check the previous U17 winners and tell me how many the government fulfilled their rewards.

It has always been that way so their case is not different. They failed themselves and not Nigerians.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30am On Apr 26, 2017
Icon4s:

The 1985 Eaglets were just rewarded their landed property and scholarships by this same Buhari regime in 2015.

Go back and check the previous U17 winners and tell me how many the government fulfilled their rewards.

It has always been that way so their case is not different. They failed themselves and not Nigerians.

You are missing the point. After the disappointment, Amunike still had to convince those boys to continue playing. Not disappointed and sent home. Even before the U17 finals, Amunike convinced them to play despite the challenges. This continued over a year after.

The task was monumental and Amunike deserves praise for his effort and not ridicule or criticism.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:30am On Apr 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You do not know because they were not given a fair opportunity. Terribly treated.

If the team was more matured they would have had the mental strength to pull through.

This is one of the inadequacies I am talking about. And I learned they wept uncontrollably like babies, which they are, after that Sudan loss.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:33am On Apr 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You are missing the point. After the disappointment, Amunike still had to convince those boys to continue playing. Not disappointed and sent home. Even before the U17 finals, Amunike convinced them to play despite the challenges. This continued over a year after.

The task was monumental and Amunike deserves praise for his effort and not ridicule or criticism.

So how has Saudis been managing to get results despite poor treatment of his players. Recall he almost single handedly sourced funds to bankroll our 2005 AYC qualifiers. And recall the recent Rio incidents.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:37am On Apr 26, 2017
Icon4s:

So how has Saudis been managing to get results despite poor treatment of his players. Recall he almost single handedly sourced funds to bankroll our 2005 AYC qualifiers. And recall the recent Rio incidents.

Were the AYC boys of 2005 the same team that went to the U17 tournament despite poor treatment and won it. Got no reward and continued receiving poor treatment in the U20 camp.

No. So why bring it up?

Also, reports said Alameiseigha and Odili were supporting Siasia's team. Amunike got no support. Simple, Amunike got treated badly. We should condemn such poor treatment of our heroes. Both coach and player than try to bring them down because of the poor treatment they got.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2017
I said "Somewhat trusted" (or was it "somehow trusted"wink

I honestly don't rate Akpeyi.... I was just saying the truth when I said we are stuck with him as our goalie if Ikeme doesn't return on time....

Me saying Akpeyi will start and there is nothing we can do about it doesn't mean I trust him coz I don't really do.... but I hope he delivers as he has done in the past two matches now....

So biko.... hapum aka grin

Icon4s:

Haha haha go back and read that post from which I quoted you. It shows a lot about how you now see the game.

A phrase like "tested and trusted" was not common in your vocabulary. It shows you are now getting older in the game to understand the importance of those two key words in football.
-Experience.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:40am On Apr 26, 2017
Icon4s:

If the team was more matured they would have had the mental strength to pull through.

This is one of the inadequacies I am talking about. And I learned they wept uncontrollably like babies, which they are, after that Sudan loss.

Amunike built a well trained young team and they were treated poorly. Period.

Why will they not weep when they knew they were good but people out there had an agenda for them to fail. After such poor treatment, those boys were dumped in a poor artificial pitch during the rainy season.

The treatment was too bad. I wonder why the defence of such treatment has gone on for months.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:41am On Apr 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Oh the WhatsApp group.... uhmmmm.... won't it take the shine off what we do here? #Justasking

and Just jackbauering.... chaaaiiiiii.... you and movies na 5&6..... loooollll cheesy

hmmmm ( smooches beard) issorait
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:49am On Apr 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Were the AYC boys of 2005 the same team that went to the U17 tournament despite poor treatment and won it. Got no reward and continued receiving poor treatment in the U20 camp.

No. So why bring it up?

Also, reports said Alameiseigha and Odili were supporting Siasia's team. Amunike got no support. Simple, Amunike got treated badly. We should condemn such poor treatment of our heroes. Both coach and player than try to bring them down because of the poor treatment they got.

All Nigerian teams have been treated poorly in one way or the other. The team did not just have what it takes to shake it off. Period.

We know the NFF and their ways. They will never change.

TheSuperNerd recall my argument with you about chemical reactions and reagents?

The boys did more harm to themselves than Nigerians. OK look at Kelechi Nwakali beginning to fall out of favour at his parent club, Arsenal. A n excellent WYC showing in June/July would have been what he needed to prove to Wenger that he is still that very talented kid he bought.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:53am On Apr 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

I said "Somewhat trusted" (or was it "somehow trusted"wink

I honestly don't rate Akpeyi.... I was just saying the truth when I said we are stuck with him as our goalie if Ikeme doesn't return on time....

Me saying Akpeyi will start and there is nothing we can do about it doesn't mean I trust him coz I don't really do.... but I hope he delivers as he has done in the past two matches now....

So biko.... hapum aka grin

Haha haha, not just that comment alone. Also a couple of comments in the recent past.

I like you for one thing: you are open minded to opposing views.

But some will argue for Africa even if there is no more valid points to back it up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:24am On Apr 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Alampasu will definitely be in the France camp.... but we both know he won't get to man the post against South Africa or Cameroun if the "shaky" Akpeyi who has competitive caps of recent is next in line....

let's hope Akpeyi breaks a leg then grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:37am On Apr 26, 2017
IWOBI A VICTIM OF ARSENAL SLUMP BUT SAYS HE HAS EXPERIENCED 'WORSE'

The Gunners have been boosted by reaching the FA Cup final, but there is still work for them to do in order to salvage their 2016-17 campaign

Alex Iwobi has been a victim of Arsenal’s recent struggles but insists that he has gone through “worse” and that he remains positive.

The Nigeria international saw plenty of competitive minutes at the start of the 2016-17 campaign, but has seen his game time dwindle as Arsene Wenger’s side hit a serious slump.

The 20-year-old has not figured since April 2 and recently dropped back into the U23 ranks, forcing him to miss out on the matchday squad for a meeting with Crystal Palace.

Iwobi is refusing to get downbeat, though, with the promising forward able to draw on past experiences, such as almost being released in his teens, to put his current situation into perspective.

“My journey so far has been a bumpy ride, so it’s something I look back on and say to myself,” he said in Arsenal’s matchday programme for Wednesday’s Premier League clash with Leicester.

“If I can overcome things that I believe were worse than what’s going on now, then surely I should be able to overcome this.

“It’s tough, especially for the ones who almost get released, which I unfortunately had to go through. It makes you stronger.

“If you’re good enough and you apply the work that needs to be done and put in maximum effort then you’ll come through.”

Iwobi is not the only one to have experienced a testing spell this season, with Wenger and a number of his senior stars coming in for criticism as Arsenal’s season threatened to implode.

They have been able to get back on track with victory over Middlesbrough and a FA Cup semi-final win against Manchester City, with everyone connected with the club now building towards a brighter future.

“I’m the type of person who likes to keep moving forward,” added Iwobi.

“You have to improve day by day and obviously we’re not doing as well as we believe we should be doing, so when the next challenge comes up we have to try to prove to the fans and prove to everyone at Arsenal what we can do.

“We have some big games coming up, so everyone should be pumped up. We need to prove ourselves in these games.

“We have to prove to everyone that we can play against these top teams.”

Arsenal face Leicester sat seventh in the Premier League table, seven points adrift of Manchester City and the final Champions League spot.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4055/main/2017/04/26/34942182/iwobi-a-victim-of-arsenal-slump-but-says-he-has-experienced
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Loooooollllll..... now that is wicked! wink grin

Let us just hope for the best..... smiley

safarigirl:
let's hope Akpeyi breaks a leg then grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:41am On Apr 26, 2017
Coming from the Arch-Guardian of the most elite halls watching over this thread.... I must say I am flattered.... thanks O Good Sir for your kind words.... smiley

I try my best to stay open to all views.... I hope it remains that way....

Icon4s:

Haha haha, not just that comment alone. Also a couple of comments in the recent past.

I like you for one thing: you are open minded to opposing views.

But some will argue for Africa even if there is no more valid points to back it up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:52am On Apr 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
IWOBI A VICTIM OF ARSENAL SLUMP BUT SAYS HE HAS EXPERIENCED 'WORSE'

Alex Iwobi has been a victim of Arsenal’s recent struggles but insists that he has gone through “worse” and that he remains positive.

The Nigeria international saw plenty of competitive minutes at the start of the 2016-17 campaign, but has seen his game time dwindle as Arsene Wenger’s side hit a serious slump.

The 20-year-old has not figured since April 2 and recently dropped back into the U23 ranks, forcing him to miss out on the matchday squad for a meeting with Crystal Palace.

Iwobi is refusing to get downbeat, though, with the promising forward able to draw on past experiences, such as almost being released in his teens, to put his current situation into perspective.

“My journey so far has been a bumpy ride, so it’s something I look back on and say to myself,” he said in Arsenal’s matchday programme for Wednesday’s Premier League clash with Leicester.

“If I can overcome things that I believe were worse than what’s going on now, then surely I should be able to overcome this.

“It’s tough, especially for the ones who almost get released, which I unfortunately had to go through. It makes you stronger.

“If you’re good enough and you apply the work that needs to be done and put in maximum effort then you’ll come through.”

Iwobi is not the only one to have experienced a testing spell this season, with Wenger and a number of his senior stars coming in for criticism as Arsenal’s season threatened to implode.

They have been able to get back on track with victory over Middlesbrough and a FA Cup semi-final win against Manchester City, with everyone connected with the club now building towards a brighter future.

“I’m the type of person who likes to keep moving forward,” added Iwobi.

“You have to improve day by day and obviously we’re not doing as well as we believe we should be doing, so when the next challenge comes up we have to try to prove to the fans and prove to everyone at Arsenal what we can do.

“We have some big games coming up, so everyone should be pumped up. We need to prove ourselves in these games.

“We have to prove to everyone that we can play against these top teams.”

Arsenal face Leicester sat seventh in the Premier League table, seven points adrift of Manchester City and the final Champions League spot.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4055/main/2017/04/26/34942182/iwobi-a-victim-of-arsenal-slump-but-says-he-has-experienced

Iwobi really needs to work and change some parts of his game.
I really like watching him but is like he forgets so often dat hes an attacker wink
His passes are predictable to some extent, no only that.....The boi no dae try keeper
He should learn more drills(permit me to use ur word sir) at training like trying posts atleast 4 times per match,,,,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 26, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Spoilt your list with Werner. When he was about 16/17 at Stuttgart, there was a big buzz about him becoming the next Gotze. Watched some of his game then. A brilliant talent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:11am On Apr 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Moses Puts In Another Solid Display As Chelsea Take Giant Step Towards Title

Diego Costa was back among the goals as Chelsea beat Southampton 4-2 in a Premier League encounter at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night to reestablish a seven-point lead over nearest challengers Tottenham Hotspur.

It took the Blues less than six minutes to open the scoring. The Southampton defenders were not quick in reacting and Costa provided an assist for Hazard to score.
Ex-Chelsea dynamo Oriol Romeu restored parity for the visitors on 24 minutes, he tapped the ball in after it was played into his path.

With almost the last action of the first half, Chelsea got their lead back courtesy of Gary Cahill’s firm header.

Chelsea began the second half well, refusing to allow Southampton ease things as they did in the first half, and were rewarded with a goal in the 53rd minute through Diego Costa, his 50th in the Premier League.

Nigeria international Victor Moses, on his 30th league appearance of the season, gave way for John Terry in the 86th minute after another solid display in the right wingback role.

Antonio Conte’s side increased their lead with one minute remaining. Costa danced his way through the defense before planting a firm right-footed effort past Forster.

Former Chelsea player Ryan Bertrand had the last word. He took a gamble and headed past Courtois after he was teed up by Cedric Soares.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit :: chelseafc.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22839

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5210462_cashmb_jpeg_jpeg4af8795998ee7454c30b4f4ecd7131cd
Chelsea and 4:2 win self

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:30am On Apr 26, 2017
Chrismario:

Iwobi really needs to work and change some parts of his game.
I really like watching him but is like he forgets so often dat hes an attacker wink
His passes are predictable to some extent, no only that.....The boi no dae try keeper
He should learn more drills(permit me to use ur word sir) at training like trying posts atleast 4 times per match,,,,
i think he often shoot but what he need is always to hit the target
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:06am On Apr 26, 2017
tbaba1234:

This is Kelechi Nwakali first professional season.

He is just 18 years old. Will be 19 in June.

He can get a work permit on the basis of winning the best player at a world Cup. Iheanacho was in a similar position.

Also he has 2 goals and 3 assists. He has also won quite a number of MOTM awards.

The possibility exists, however doesn't look great. Look at the UK work permit rules particularly the changes that became effective May 2015, which curbed the discretion of the panel in favour of a points system.

Exception panel still operates with limited discretion. I am not sure the panel will consider winning a few MOTM awards in the Dutch 2nd division as exceptional. Then add his current stats 23 games 1 goal will be stretching the definition of exceptional, in my opinion. Add to that the Dutch 2nd tier will be rated considerably below the English championship league.

All I can say is the possibility exists, but not great.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:15am On Apr 26, 2017
VICTOR MOSES MISSES EPL BEST OF AFRICA AWARDS
 
By: Osita Duru on: April 26, 2017

Chelsea star Victor Moses has been overlooked for the Premier League African Best XI for this season named by Best of Africa Awards. The Nigeria international has enjoyed his best run at Chelsea since he joined ‘The Blues’ in the 2012/13 season – 29 appearances and scored three goals in the league.

In the previous three seasons, Chelsea skipped him out on loan to Stoke City, Liverpool and West Ham.

But still the 26-year-old Moses was left out of a star-studded cast that included Pogba of Manchester United, Romeo Lukaku from Everton and Nigerian-born Dele Alli, who features for Tottenham Hotspur.

The 4-3-3 formation may well have knocked out Moses as he plays as a wing-back in a 3-4-2-1 formation at Chelsea.

However, Moses’ stellar performance in the EPL has earned him a place in the BBC Team of the Week.

He is making the team of the week for the fourth time this season, a sign of how influential and useful he has become for the title favourite.

The Best African XI

Steve Mandanda (Crystal Palace) – Bailly (Manchester United), Sakho (Crystal Palace), Matip (Liverpool)– Pogba (Manchester United), Kante (Chelsea), Yaya Toure (Manchester City), Wanyama (Tottenham Hotspur) – Alli (Tottenham), Lukaku (Everton), Sadio Mane (Liverpool)

Source: http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/victor-moses-misses-epl-best-of-africa-awards/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:32am On Apr 26, 2017
Icon4s:

No.

These 3 players you just listed would have made this 2017 U20. Likewise Nura Abdulahi, Sadiq Umar, Musa Yahaya, Henry Onyekuru, Taiwo Awoniyi, Chidozie Awaziem, Chiderah Eze, Steven Odey had he and 'his boys' not blown it up.

Baba, let's say we qualified. do you really think Amuneke would have extended call ups to these guys? Do you think if they get called up they'll be featured? I personally doubts it. Our coaches have thesame mentality of picking 'their boys' ahead of the best.

Manu did it, Siasia did it, Oliseh also did it. So, I am very sure Amuneke will continue with the trend. It is in their blood. They all lack fairness in team selection
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:06am On Apr 26, 2017
AIG07:
Baba, let's say we qualified. do you really think Amuneke would have extended call ups to these guys? Do you think if they get called up they'll be featured? I personally doubts it. Our coaches have thesame mentality of picking 'their boys' ahead of the best.

Manu did it, Siasia did it, Oliseh also did it. So, I am very sure Amuneke will continue with the trend. It is in their blood. They all lack fairness in team selection

And that is killing our football especially at U20 level.

We do not take the pains to recruit our U20s just the way we do for U17. At U20 the coach will want to sell 'his boy's for what so ever reason including the pride of being recognized as the coach who discovered so-so-so players and of course transfer benefits.

We have never featured our best at U20. And that is why we are yet to win it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justiz5(m): 9:17am On Apr 26, 2017
tbaba1234:
Remember Lateef Omidiji, the American Nigerian kid that played for Nigeria under 13 side and spoke so eloquently about his dreams to play for 9ja.

He has signed for Dutch club, Feyenoord. Hope he develops to a world class talent.

thesupernerd, NLban, thegoodjoe, icon4s, jotey, justiz5, joseph1013

Yes I remember and a good move too if you ask me.

Hope we cap him before the Netherlands and USA come calling. Hopefully, he makes the next U17 team. Patiently wait for him to begin to unbundle his skill for us in no distant time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 9:50am On Apr 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
VICTOR MOSES MISSES EPL BEST OF AFRICA AWARDS
 
By: Osita Duru on: April 26, 2017

Chelsea star Victor Moses has been overlooked for the Premier League African Best XI for this season named by Best of Africa Awards. The Nigeria international has enjoyed his best run at Chelsea since he joined ‘The Blues’ in the 2012/13 season – 29 appearances and scored three goals in the league.

In the previous three seasons, Chelsea skipped him out on loan to Stoke City, Liverpool and West Ham.

But still the 26-year-old Moses was left out of a star-studded cast that included Pogba of Manchester United, Romeo Lukaku from Everton and Nigerian-born Dele Alli, who features for Tottenham Hotspur.

The 4-3-3 formation may well have knocked out Moses as he plays as a wing-back in a 3-4-2-1 formation at Chelsea.

However, Moses’ stellar performance in the EPL has earned him a place in the BBC Team of the Week.

He is making the team of the week for the fourth time this season, a sign of how influential and useful he has become for the title favourite.

The Best African XI

Steve Mandanda (Crystal Palace) – Bailly (Manchester United), Sakho (Crystal Palace), Matip (Liverpool)– Pogba (Manchester United), Kante (Chelsea), Yaya Toure (Manchester City), Wanyama (Tottenham Hotspur) – Alli (Tottenham), Lukaku (Everton), Sadio Mane (Liverpool)

Source: http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/victor-moses-misses-epl-best-of-africa-awards/
This is just annoying. Four of them don't claim africans why are they included

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, ThanosKilla(m), Longneck, Oasis007(m), 2innocent(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.