Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11647797 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I did not indict anything. Simple again. In the game against Australia, Sanchez was not the top striker. That was the opening game of Chile at the World Cup. When the attack did not deliver, Sampaoli pushed Sanchez front.

If there was a striker like Ivan Zamorano at Chile, Sanchez will not play top. When the strikers are not delivering, the coach can push Sanchez forward, just like the case at Arsenal.

If there was a top striker delivering at Arsenal, Wenger will not push him forward. It is still the same thing and images show this.
In the 100 games Sanchez has played for Chile, who has been the no9 in those games? I can bet my car keys you can't mention any name, if not Sanchez. I dare you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
goldfish80:

Infant sensations peak in their teenage years. Fabregas, Bojan, Saviola, Dos Santos, Wishere, David Bentley,Fred Adu the list is a endless am sure you can draw a parallel line between these players.
Xavi was not a teen sensation. Being a good player in your teen years is not the same as being a poster boy at a very young age.
Was Messi an infant sensation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
joseph1013:
Was Messi an infant sensation?
Messi was the third best player in the world before the age of 21-22. He was an infant sensation who fulfilled his potential.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
clefstone:
I no say I like am pass you. Well for u it's more of emotion than reality, that's the summary of what you are saying here. Not surprised at all, your profile doesn't lie you r indeed a woman
pessimism isn't a sexy trait on anyone dear, neither is misogynism

The stats speak for themselves. 20 goals and 10 assists for club and country in about 1500 minutes of play, even the likes of Rooney and Lukaku didn't have those stats at 19

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kaboninc(m): 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2016
safarigirl:
pessimism isn't a sexy trait on anyone dear, neither is misogynism

The stats speak for themselves. 20 goals and 10 assists for club and country in about 1500 minutes of play, even the likes of Rooney and Lukaku didn't have those stats at
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
goldfish80:

Infant sensations peak in their teenage years. Fabregas, Bojan, Saviola, Dos Santos, Wishere, David Bentley,Fred Adu the list is a endless am sure you can draw a parallel line between these players.
Xavi was not a teen sensation. Being a good player in your teen years is not the same as being a poster boy at a very young age.

You want to convince me that the La Liga Breakthrough player of the year who was a teenager is not a TEEN SENSATION.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
goldfish80:

In the 100 games Sanchez has played for Chile, who has been the no9 in those games? I can bet my car keys you can't mention any name, if not Sanchez. I dare you

I did not say Sanchez can not play as a striker. I said his Natural role is not as a top striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
As regards, Kelechi Iheanacho, he should just keep working hard and stay focused. Anderson of Man utd was also one of the best at under 17 but never reached his potential.

Sanchez might have been unknown at under 17 but he is currently on the level of the world's best players. Kelechi has the potential to be as good or better. Right now, it is just potential.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
goldfish80:

Messi was the third best player in the world before the age of 21-22. He was an infant sensation who fulfilled his potential.

Iheanacho is a one of the top performing teenage footballers in the World and he is not at his PEAK. Does that mean he is not a Teenage Sensation?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
[quote author=kaboninc post=49805159][/quote]sorry for not replying earlier.
I'm not on BBM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
tbaba1234:
As regards, Kelechi Iheanacho, he should just keep working hard and stay focused. Anderson of Man utd was also one of the best at under 17 but never reached his potential.

Sanchez might have been unknown at under 17 but he is currently on the level of the world's best players. Kelechi has the potential to be as good or better. Right now, it is just potential.

In his recent interview, he said he has a lot to learn. So I see him working hard. Ando's crash was frightening. When you think of Sanchez and Aguero over taking him by miles.

Anderson wore the ten shirt for Brazil in the Copa America as a teenager before he joined Manchester United and they won the cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
tbaba1234:

Sturridge is a better comparison, Anderson was a flop after his first season at United
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
goldfish80:

Not saying I agree with goodjoe, but Messi, and many others, are proof that infant sensations do not always peak in their teenage or early twenties.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
At the risk of sounding like a sexist I have to say that the lady comparing iheanacho (I love him, no homo) with Sanchez is doing so purely on the influence of emotions and her raging estrogenic hormones. That's probably the only explanation for that utterly baseless comparison.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho is a one of the top performing teenage footballers in the World and he is not at his PEAK. Does that mean he is not a Teenage Sensation?
Iheanacho is already a child star so to say. He's a poster boy for both Man city and Nigeria. However, the next few years will tell us if he peaked too early or not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
joseph1013:
Not saying I agree with goodjoe, but Messi, and many others, are proof that infant sensations do not always peak in their teenage or early twenties.
Of course, no two cases can be exactly the same. We just draw parallel lines
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I did not say Sanchez can not play as a striker. I said his Natural role is not as a top striker.
His performances playing for Chile and Arsenal as a striker shows he's clearly capable and comfortable playing as a no9
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
KevinDein:
At the risk of sounding like a sexist I have to say that the lady comparing iheanacho (I love him, no homo) with Sanchez is doing so purely on the influence of emotions and her raging estrogenic hormones. That's probably the only explanation for that utterly baseless comparison.

Wth??

This is a terribly rude comment... Many of us males make ridiculous comments here and are not accused of raging hormone.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I do not see capping Ovie as rushing him. People make that mistake. That Tanzania game was a good opportunity. Three minutes to go, field him and know we are done with that.

We still have a chance to do it. It is time we cap him. Not rush him into the Super Eagles squad. He can go back to his development but he increases our pool of top quality players.

Not a bad view bro, but if my memory serves me right, owngoalnigeria.com had an "exclusive" that he and Akpom were under consideration for the Tanzania tie but while Akpom's nationality had not been sorted out prior to that game, Ejaria's case was different because he was still recuperating from the injury he suffered during the preseason.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
KevinDein:

You missed her point. She compared Sanchez at 19 years to Iheanacho today. I say Iheanacho is the better player based on that comparison. I watched Sanchez, Aguero, Coentrao, Pato, Willian, Renato Augusto, Freddy Adu, Pique (WTF), Sunny Stephen, Bruno Gama etc at WYC 2007. Iheanacho is better than Sanchez at 19.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
ChrisKels:

Not a bad view bro, but if my memory serves me right, owngoalnigeria.com had an "exclusive" that he and Akpom were under consideration for the Tanzania tie but while Akpom's nationality had not been sorted out prior to that game, Ejaria's case was different because he was still recuperating from the injury he suffered during the preseason.

Thank you. I forgot that detail of his injury. That explains why he is not capped. I hope we cap him soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2016
goldfish80:

His performances playing for Chile and Arsenal as a striker shows he's clearly capable and comfortable playing as a no9

Sanchez can play comfortably as a top striker but that is not his Natural role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
goldfish80:

Iheanacho is already a child star so to say. He's a poster boy for both Man city and Nigeria. However, the next few years will tell us if he peaked too early or not.

Iheanacho is a teenage Sensation. Simple. Xavi was a Teenage Sensation during 1998 period.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
KevinDein:
you sound daft, you don't sound sexist

Someone must have repeatedly hit your head against a wall when you were a child for you to conjure such gibberish. If you have nothing sensible to say, keep your idiotic opinion to yourself next time, lest you run the risk of exposing your level of ignorance in public

Now, has anyone here bothered to vote for that Golden Boy scam? Or y'all are waiting for Rashfraud to snatch it? All the Arsenal fans here, una no fit help Iwobi?

Anyway, if you need an update, AC Milan's goalie currently has the most votes, hopefully he takes it and saves us the horror of listening to United fans run their mouth about Rashfraud
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Thank you. I forgot that detail of his injury. That explains why he is not capped. I hope we cap him soon.

Mind you, our next games are world cup qualifiers, and u suggest we sacrifice a seasoned midfielder for a rookie in the match day squad? I'm not sure Rohr will be ready to take such risk considering his mandate.

I wish it happens though, the boy is good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
safarigirl:
you sound daft, you don't sound sexist

Someone must have repeatedly hit your head against a wall when you were a child for you to conjure such gibberish. If you have nothing sensible to say, keep your idiotic opinion to yourself next time, lest you run the risk of exposing your level of ignorance in public

Now, has anyone here bothered to vote for that Golden Boy scam? Or y'all are waiting for Rashfraud to snatch it? All the Arsenal fans here, una no fit help Iwobi?

Anyway, if you need an update, AC Milan's goalie currently has the most votes, hopefully he takes it and saves us the horror of listening to United fans run their mouth about Rashfraud

trust me ma'am your insinuation that Iheanacho is somehow as good or better than Sanchez portrayed you as one humongously daft person. Anyone with a little knowledge of the game of football will agree with me. I was just being kind when I excused that on your emotions and hormones.

I'm kind like that wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
ChrisKels:

Mind you, our next games are world cup qualifiers, and u suggest we sacrifice a seasoned midfielder for a rookie in the match day squad? I'm not sure Rohr will be ready to take such risk considering his mandate.

I wish it happens though, the boy is good.

We can do it. There are a lot of times some players of the squad are sure will not play. Just one place from one of the qualifiers squad. Capping is done in competitive game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho is a teenage Sensation. Simple. Xavi was a Teenage Sensation during 1998 period.
LOL iheanacho is a teen sensation, Micheal Owen was a teen sensation in 1998. Xavi was just a good prospect coming through in 1998,he was not a poster boy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
goldfish80:

LOL iheanacho is a teen sensation, Micheal Owen was a teen sensation in 1998. Xavi was just a good prospect coming through in 1998,he was not a poster boy.

1999 La Liga breakthrough player of the year. Xavi. As a teenager.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
KevinDein:
trust me ma'am your insinuation that Iheanacho is somehow as good or better than Sanchez portrayed you as one humongously daft person. Anyone with a little knowledge of the game of football will agree with me. I was just being kind when I excused that on your emotions and hormones.

I'm kind like that wink

U are better than that bro. Quit the battle it is too puerile. Waging a war online against a woman what do u stand to gain?? just have to overlook some things. Was funny to read her calling a pure talent like Rushford a fraud just for the love she has for Nacho but u shouldn't have been that uncouth to show dissatisfaction.

Man up!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
goldfish80:

You agree Iheanacho is a teen sensation but you want to prove to me that the teenager who replaced one of the greatest players in the history of Barcelona when he injured, Guardiola is not a Teenage Sensation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You missed her point. She compared Sanchez at 19 years to Iheanacho today. I say Iheanacho is the better player based on that comparison. I watched Sanchez, Aguero, Coentrao, Pato, Willian, Renato Augusto, Freddy Adu, Pique (WTF), Sunny Stephen, Bruno Gama etc at WYC 2007. Iheanacho is better than Sanchez at 19.
Being better player when compared to them at the age of 19 does not mean he will have a better career than them. A lot of players where better than Xavi, Pirlo and Iniesta at 19 but these guys have triumphed and lasted the test of time when it really mattered. I hope you know

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Silentgroper(m), Neobulletzz(m), jihday(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.