Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,505 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (966) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11615601 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) ... (16128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2017
sontoly:

Check if ur browser can asses images, cos I can clearly see the pics, etebo, henry and ekong I can recognize, I think kayode is there too, but d rest looks new, and ebuehi as well

yea it can, but seriously I don't see any pics here to that affact yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:08pm On May 23, 2017
do4luv14:
guy if possible post pics , how many of them dey camp sef
Na Nokia3310 you dey take browse?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neighy(m): 9:16pm On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

abi him comot images to save mb
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:22pm On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Is he sleeping?
I think he was prolific in front of goal more than the other guys before the Olympics. You know some of us even clamoured for his recall to the Olympics Squad of Samson Siasia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:23pm On May 23, 2017
neighy:
Haha haha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 9:23pm On May 23, 2017
neighy:
I tire oo, the images is clear up there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2017
Nokia Lumia window 8

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:27pm On May 23, 2017
do4luv14:
Nokia Lumia window 8

And you still don't see those pictures?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:30pm On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Lo! I bought Nokia 3310 with mtn line 22k when it came out new

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 23, 2017
yes na him oooo
sontoly:

Is that not henry wearing red shoes, and I read some where that he won't be available till Friday, nawa for bloggers oo
Icon4s:

See as they look like Flying Eagles team.
yes o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:32pm On May 23, 2017
Icon79:
At the moment, yes, he probably won't start for Everton. But remember that Lukaku and Ross Barkley are leaving. They have refused to sign new contracts. Hence, I can see Henry playing Barkley's position.

One reason why I would like him to play for Everton is that Ronald Koeman is a pretty good coach. He always make his team (players) better.

O pari

This can easily go sour for Onyekuru.

He will be expected to fill some very big boots, the boots of Lukaku who looks like will be gone this summer.

The EPL is not the Belgium league. I actually think it will be a baptism of fire the speed, physicality and intensity.

My opinion is that Onyekuru is a bit lightweight for the EPL. In his club he is the star player, he will be be far from that in Everton.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:40pm On May 23, 2017
neighy:

lolzzz you no try at all see you mouth grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:41pm On May 23, 2017
zicky:
Abeg Lookman na learner for where Henry dey

Don't jump to conclusions so quickly.

The EPL is not the butterfly Belgium league compared to the EPL.

The physical fitness and strength required to compete takes some player a whole season to break in if ever.

Consider Emenike, Ideye and Musa who have come to the EPL and struggled to put it lightly. Is Onyekuru better than any of the above mentioned.

I am not saying he is not good enough but that let's not expect too much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:42pm On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

And you still don't see those pictures?

ya I dont
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47pm On May 23, 2017
safarigirl:
Left to me, this Corsica game would be a chance for the untested guys to feature majorly.

The likes of Alampasu, Awaziem, Ebuehi, Onyekuru should start. For the life of me, I still can't understand why Ezenwa still gets called up for international duty

It is test of sorts hmmm Corsica is not a strong enough test, could end up being a flatter to deceive encounter.

It may show potential but not much else my very cautious opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 23, 2017
komekn:

Don't jump to conclusions so quickly.

The EPL is not the butterfly Belgium league compared to the EPL.

The physical fitness and strength required to compete takes some player a whole season to break in if ever.

Consider Emenike, Ideye and Musa who have come to the EPL and struggled to put it lightly. Is Onyekuru better than any of the above mentioned.

I am not saying he is not good enough but that let's not expect too much.
You overrate the EPL. Tottenham were beaten by a Belgian side, over two legs.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:01pm On May 23, 2017
Personally I don't know why all our players prefer to go to the EPL. It may not be the best for some of our player's development.

bataderemi:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 23, 2017
In Corsica:
Ezenwa, Odey, Olatunbosun, Alhassan Ibrahim, Ebuehi, Ekong, Echiejile, Agbo, Awaziem, Etebo, Alampasu and Onyekuru grin
Source : Super Eagles Twitter Account

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:10pm On May 23, 2017
interesting

AIG07:
yes dat's what de do.
Don't forget the means of transportation de often use is road. They spend hours like 7-9 hours in some cases they'll have to spend a night to rest before resuming their journey the following day.e.g lag to kano is more than 12-15hours drive(moving on poor roads) putting in mind that the gaps between these fixtures are barely up to 3days...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 23, 2017
Joebie:
Personally I don't know why all our players prefer to go to the EPL. It may not be the best for some of our player's development.

The popularity? I dunno. Or perhaps clubs there pay more. I don't see anything else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:21pm On May 23, 2017
Yea very commercial..It's a Naija factor I guess.

Remember Habeeb Makanjuola?

bataderemi:

The popularity? I dunno. Or perhaps clubs there pay more. I don't see anything else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:43pm On May 23, 2017
bataderemi:

thats was why i was eyeing sevilla

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:48pm On May 23, 2017
bataderemi:

Language would also play a part.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:18pm On May 23, 2017
Back in the days, most of our players went to non-English speaking countries. I don't think it's a factor generally. Professional football gives accommodation for non-native speakers. I think many of our players are looking for comfort zones too early in their career. Should my child in future be a professional player, I will advise him or her to go to a country that will aid their development irrespective of the official language of their destination. Learning more languages should even be a plus, because they could take to coaching or so many other responsibilities after their playing career. the more languages they can speak and the more cultures they experienced during their playing days will add to their capacity. I can't over-emphasize the importance of learning about different cultures in this globalized world as we have it -- international business in my mind.

BascoVanVeli:

Language would also play a part.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:43pm On May 23, 2017
People are arguing why Onyekuru did not win player of the season or young player of the season..

First of all, he plays for a relegation quality team. They did not win anything. Other players were influential in their clubs actually winning something. The fact that Onyekuru was the third best youngster is itself remarkable given that he played for Eupen.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:23am On May 24, 2017
You never know, he might actually explode in the EPL. We used to call EPL - the No Defense League grin

O pari

komekn:

This can easily go sour for Onyekuru.

He will be expected to fill some very big boots, the boots of Lukaku who looks like will be gone this summer.

The EPL is not the Belgium league. I actually think it will be a baptism of fire the speed, physicality and intensity.

My opinion is that Onyekuru is a bit lightweight for the EPL. In his club he is the star player, he will be be far from that in Everton.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:36am On May 24, 2017
Joebie:
Yea very commercial..It's a Naija factor I guess.

Remember Habeeb Makanjuola?

Don't know him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:58am On May 24, 2017
Phewwwww!!!! So uhmmmm.... what did I miss? grin

Sorry Guys and lady (or ladies if we count the ones that view in ghostmode too like Madam Confun, Eseose9, Trudy12 and many more... wink )... been offline for a while....

Sir BascoVanVeli... come on man... You are my homie Sir... smiley

I always gbadun your posts but that comment was a little hostile... just a little... I mean... I saw The funny side to it but come on... I understand we all face days where we are stressed out and just tired... so maybe that's why you responded in that funnily hostile way... Safarigirl didn't wanna come at you... she was just making a comment devoid of anything malicious.

Come on... Believe me when I say If you and Safarigirl were talking face to face... you guys will be laughing over stuffs... I mean.. you two are just lovely people that I wonder what it would be like to have us all in a room.... wink

And hey Safarigirl relax okay.... Sir Basco's comment did come as out a little as hostile but I am sure he doesn't dislike you.... he is a gentleman... and you are the first lady here right? ofcos you are... So let's us get pass that for real...

Hey! Safari... remember when you called me "a girl" and that I know nothing? wink Do you know how I was just laughing about it? Did I clap back at you? come on... I just took it on my chest and understood you were probably just a little over-reacting to our discussion... we all have our moments of overreacting sometimes... but being accommodating is the way forward aiit... wink

Okay now... gimme that smile you have on your dp... (wait I haven't checked if you have changed it... you better not have)

beam it now okay... we are a family here... You First lady Safarigirl, Sir BascoVanVeli, TheGoodJoe (hey Sir GoodJoe, Iffa catch u guys near Alexis sanchez, I am gonna have your teeth), Sir Do4luv14 (hey Man... it is TheSupernerd NOT Spuernerd angry Want me to come take out your teeth? ), Chief Icon4s, Sir Legend Tbaba1234, Boss Joseph 1013 (our pioneer Eagles threads Super OP), Sir Goldfish80, Elder Kog45, Elder Enomakos.... uhmmmmm.... Sir Chrismario, Sir Chriskels, Sir Maidaboi, Sir Nigerdeltaboi, Sir Lordabas, Sir Mickael2, Sir Certitude, Sir Chrisooblog, Sir Forgiveness, Sir Joebie, Sir Mujtahida, Sir Icon79 (o pari master grin ), Sir Terzurum5, Sir Orkpekyandega, Sir Otezu5 (still Terzurum5 grin ), Sir Blackalbino6, Sir Mikron, Sir AIG07, Sir Robosky02 wink , Madam Confun, Sir Komekn, Sir Sontoly, Sir Omanbala1 (OdenigboAroli), Sir Bataderemi, Sir Humility 017 (aka Sir Royalty), Sir Jamel9,..... and uhmmmm....

**Make una clap naa... angry angry e no easy typing all these names accurately from my head with reference to no paper or anything... will come back to add names I may have missed.... wink

So what am I saying? coz I don't damn know if I am making sense at all...

I don't want us carrying any grudge from past issues and arguments into future discussions... okay everybody plss... let's all suck it up and move pass stuffs that can hamper the family hood here.. aiit...

We are a team here all from different backgrounds but we are a team but more than that, family..... exchanging ideas and information central to the progress and growth of our darling team, The Super Eagles and also learning from one another even as we get on just fine with our lives off NL....

So in conclusion... Sir BascoVanveli and First lady Safarigirl.... you guys should just kiss and make up..... and when I say Kiss.... I mean literally... angry Dont laugh now! angry I mean it! Better do it...

Hey Basco... don't you dare laugh.. iffa catch you ehn.. and you too Safari... dont even think about it... angry
And if any of you say "yuck"... I am coming for y'all... angry

I don't care if the likes of Sirs Do4luv14, Icon79, and SirManjar get mad and jealous... grin Just kiss already! smiley

So Sir Basco and Safarigirl... u both are major actors in this thread and part of the reasons I enjoy coming here.... I need you both... please... I really do...

So let's move on now okay... I know you may have moved on in comments but plsss let's move on in our minds too....

And uhmmm Safarigirl...... You owe me 20 bucks for saying no one here have given you a free pass... like seriously? what about me? I always had your back lady... angry say that one more time and I am gonna slap you into another nationality........ angry

Good! smiley

Now back to my labs... Lemme drop a few things I picked up while gone... wink

#HelloThereCorsica.... wink

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:03am On May 24, 2017
Alampasu Pens New Deal, Will Replace Brazilian Goalkeeper At Etebo’s Club CD Feirense

Super Eagles goalkeeper Dele Alampasu has been given a big chance to claim the first choice spot at Portuguese top division side CD Feirense next season.

The goalkeeper who is a part of the senior national team of Nigeria, who are presently in France in preparation for two friendly games against Corsica and Togo respectively, had a fairly successful time on loan to third division side Cesarense.

He is expected to sign a fresh contract with the club with his current deal set to run out this summer, and talks are already at an advanced stage for him to sign the dotted lines upon his return from international duties with Nigeria.

Voted as the best goalkeeper at the 2013 U-17 World Youth Championship, the 20 year old will replace Brazilian goalkeeper Pecanha who is expected to leave the Portuguese side this summer.

Pecanha’s expected departure won’t make Alampasu first choice shot stopper at the club, as he still needs to displace Vana who kept goal for most of CD Feirense’s game this season.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/23/alampasu-pens-new-deal-will-replace-brazilian-goalkeeper-at-etebos-club-cd-feirense/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:08am On May 24, 2017
Leicester City Working On Deal To Sign One-Time Arsenal Target Samuel Chukwueze

Leicester City are working on a deal to sign one-time Arsenal target Samuel Chukwueze from his Nigerian club Diamond Academy in the summer transfer market.

It would be recalled that the Emirates outfit had been nailed-on favourites to secure the signature of the exciting winger after the 2015 Fifa U17 World Cup.

Chukwueze and his entourage traveled to London to discuss personal terms with Arsenal, but the deal eventually suffered a setback as the parties could not agree on the payment method of his transfer fee.

''Leicester City told me they wanted Chukwueze while we were discussing about another player, so I sent the club his videos, '' said Chukwueze's representative Johnny Ogbah to
allnigeriasoccer.com .

''They asked me about his valuation and I told them they will have to pay the same amount Arsenal offered to pay. They are keen on signing him but no offer has been made.''

Juventus, Red Bull Salzburg, Wolfsburg, Borussia Dortmund, Porto and Villarreal have all been credited with an interest in Chukwueze after he won the Bronze shoe at the Fifa U17 World Cup.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : fifa.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23149

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:12am On May 24, 2017
Agent Reveals The Identity Of Teams Officially Chasing Man City Iheanacho

The intermediary of out of favour Manchester City star Kelechi Iheanacho has revealed the names of the clubs who have officially registered their interest in the 20 year old forward.

Iheanacho have been linked with a host of clubs after falling down the pecking order at the Etihad, and clubs in England and Germany have long sounded out their interest in the prolific forward.

Speaking to Owngoalnigeria.com, Iheanacho’s intermediary spoke to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity due to the ongoing dispute about who truly owns the players right as intermediary.

” He has been linked to almost every club this summer, it’s a good feeling to be honest, it tells you a lot about his abilities. Officially we have had bids from five teams while two more have only made inquiries over his availability “, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” West Ham, Borussia Dortmund, Hoffenheim, Southampton, West Brom and Everton have all registered their interest in his services. The others are just inquiries, we have over 10 teams in that regards “.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/23/agent-reveals-the-identity-of-teams-officially-chasing-man-city-iheanacho/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:17am On May 24, 2017
Mainz Issue Medical Report Confirming Balogun Will Miss South Africa, Corsica & Togo Games

Mainz have confirmed that Nigerian defender Leon Balogun is set for a spell on the sidelines and will miss his national team's training camp in Corsica and Paris.

The right back had to be substituted in the 18th minute of Mainz's 2-0 loss to Cologne on the final day of the season last Saturday.

Additional tests have been carried out on Balogun and the Bundesliga club revealed on Tuesday that he has been diagnosed with a muscle fiber tear in the adductor area.

The 28-year-old has pulled out of the Nigeria squad for their games against Corsica (May 26), Togo (June 1) and an African Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa.

Leon Balogun started 13 games for Mainz in the just concluded season, while he made four appearances off the bench in the top flight.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23152

(1) (2) (3) ... (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) ... (16128) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: villagereporter(m), AndSunGorilla, kellycute(m), mostob(m), wingmanIII and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.