Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,178 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11613972 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) ... (16127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 8:32am On May 23, 2017
arsenal are in deep crisis

onyekuru should avoid there ave seen harsh comment directed at him from furious fans all over face book and especially on sky sports Facebook page

he should move to the premier league but just not arsenal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:56am On May 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You are not getting my point. I am not saying he will not get more bulky than now. I said he should not bulk up with weights. If you compare Iheanacho and Isaac Success, you can clearly see that Isaac bulked up with weight.

My point is like Ryan Giggs, maintain a healthy lifestyle and grow naturally to keep his speed.

There is no way you will bulk up that you wouldn't add weight .

Especially for a 19yrs old, expect him to get more bulky from now till he is around 23.

He cannot remain as skinny as he is even for the next 2yrs.

No body is saying he should get too fat.

And please again do not compare the build of a white man with that of a black man. Forget the Ryan Gigs example give me examples with black players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:58am On May 23, 2017
PROVERBZ:
arsenal are in deep crisis

onyekuru should avoid there ave seen harsh comment directed at him from furious fans all over face book and especially on sky sports Facebook page

he should move to the premier league but just not arsenal

Arsenal in deep crisis?

Shed more lights please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:59am On May 23, 2017
zoboizee:
Onyekuru going to Arsenal will be a very wrong chioce. Infact, he would be warming the bench most times. Arsenal thrives on short passing system, henry is a ball hugger with lots of speed. He needs a team that will entertain his free style of play, not the one that is systemic. Defenders in epl will match him for pace & beat him for strength.

Sanchez and Carzola are Kings at Arsenal and they still hug the ball. Their Henry had a successful spell playing under Wenger but scored lots of goals making brilliant runs with the ball. Chamberlain also makes intelligent runs with the ball. Iwobi scored a brilliant goal for Arsenal brilliant run. There is room for ball huggers in a passing system. Ask Messi under Guardiola.

As for bench warming, as long as Onyekuru works hard, his time will come. I still say he works under the tutor of his mentor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04am On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Especially for a 19yrs old, expect him to get more bulky from now till he is around 23.

And please again do not compare the build of a white man with that of a black man. Forget the Ryan Gigs example give me examples with black players.

You are missing the point. The context of the bulk up is in respect of body building in the gym to make the player bigger and stronger to cope with the rigorous EPL. It also involves eating carbs to make the player thicker. It has nothing to do with natural growth.

I said this method will not work out well for Onyekuru because it will slow him down.

This a lifestyle thing, not black or white. Look at Abidal. He is very trim although he is black. This is due to his lifestyle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:16am On May 23, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I'm sorry did the thread officially get named as his consultants while i was gone? Abeg let me just speak my mind without all the extra stuff. Thank u.
I was not trying to be rude to you. I was just asking an honest question.

I don't know how you read that, but your hostility was uncalled for. The way some people here like to reply me is very disturbing.

See as cold enter my body as i read your reply, what did I say wrong for you to attack me like this?

I am just here, itching to say a lot to you for this unnecessary attack, but I told myself I would try to avoid altercations on NL.

I want to just know why I get attacked when i ask innocent questions and nobody attacks others like this.

Cc Icon4s, tbaba123, joebie, thegoodjoe, thesupernerd. Please, someone explain this to me, let me understand the order of the day on this thread.

Are we all going to be petty? So, once we have disagreements with each other you have to consequently treat the other person like a leper?

I used to think women are pretty, but the men on this thread take it to a whole new level, I am starting to think there are other ladies here

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 9:37am On May 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Sanchez and Carzola are Kings at Arsenal and they still hug the ball. Their Henry had a successful spell playing under Wenger but scored lots of goals making brilliant runs with the ball. Chamberlain also makes intelligent runs with the ball. Iwobi scored a brilliant goal for Arsenal brilliant run. There is room for ball huggers in a passing system. Ask Messi under Guardiola.

As for bench warming, as long as Onyekuru works hard, his time will come. I still say he works under the tutor of his mentor.
Arsene won't leave him to rot on the bench. If he is good to play. He'll surely play him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You are missing the point. The context of the bulk up is in respect of body building in the gym to make the player bigger and stronger to cope with the rigorous EPL. It also involves eating carbs to make the player thicker. It has nothing to do with natural growth.

I said this method will not work out well for Onyekuru because it will slow him down.

This a lifestyle thing, not black or white. Look at Abidal. He is very trim although he is black. This is due to his lifestyle.

it has nothing to do with natural growth?

The player in question is a 19yr old so natural growth has a lot to play in his build as he is still growing.

And I hope u know that making a player thicker adds to his weight?

Why are you so sure this method would not work for Onyekuru?

Eric Abidal? Show me the picture of a 19yrs old Abidal and him now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:46am On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

The player in question is a 19yr old so natural growth has a lot to play in his build as he is still growing.

you hav a point here mehn cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:02am On May 23, 2017
safarigirl:

I don't know how you read that, but your hostility was uncalled for. The way some people here like to reply me is very disturbing.

See as cold enter my body as i read your reply, what did I say wrong for you to attack me like this?

I am just here, itching to say a lot to you for this unnecessary attack, but I told myself I would try to avoid altercations on NL.

I want to just know why I get attacked when i ask innocent questions and nobody attacks others like this.

Cc Icon4s, tbaba123, joebie, thegoodjoe, thesupernerd. Please, someone explain this to me, let me understand the order of the day on this thread.

Are we all going to be petty? So, once we have disagreements with each other you have to consequently treat the other person like a leper?

I used to think women are pretty, but the men on this thread take it to a whole new level, I am starting to think there are other ladies here

Hmm... but sis let me first correct one impression. Nobody is attacking you here bc of your gender.

I would even say you are one of the most respected and pampered here.

We don't expect all comments to be pleasant. But what do we do? You either ignore, Overlook and make your own comment, or give it back to the person hot (which I would not recommend).

For you to enjoy conversation here, I discovered that you have to forget your age, gender and social status.

Often times when you safarigirl makes a comment I forget that you are even a lady.Thouggh they are mostly short they often make so much sense. In fact they typically come as thought provoking arrows. Lol!

I know Bascovanveli pretty well he is one of the gentle men we have here. He is not the confrontational type. But once in a while we as humans react harshly to certain comments thrown at us. We all do it here , though to varying degrees.

So please our first lady do not feel hurt in any way. Though we all cannot agree on every issue but we are still friends and we are chatting together for one goal- for the benefit of our football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:14am On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

You are trying too hard to evade the context of the debate.

The point I made was against the notion of Onyekuru needs to Bulk up for the EPL.

This is not about Natural growth which you are hinging on. This is about consciously making efforts to become bigger. How it equates to natural growth beats my imagination. Despite repeated explanation, you are still off tangent with your point.

Isaac Success bulked himself up to get stronger. This was through a conscious effort by body building and carb intakes.

I said Onyekuru should not bulk up through these methods.

I repeat. I am not talking of Natural growth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 10:14am On May 23, 2017
safarigirl:

OK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:22am On May 23, 2017
safarigirl:

Do not let petty Jabs get to you. As soon as you identify a jab, try your best to avoid it. I did not see why what you said attracted such reaction but we are different. We react differently to different scenarios.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:32am On May 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I am totally against Onyekuru bulking up. He should just keep working on his speed and skills. He will achieve more doing that than slowing himself with extra luggage.

OK I hear you.

But just know that he bulking up due to growth is almost inevitable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:35am On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

I wonder how best one can interpret a comment like this.

I wonder how else you can not get my point when I said that bulking up I am talking about is through weights. I have said it over again. I was replying a comment of someone suggesting Onyekuru should bulk up for the EPL and I said I am against it.

My point is too simple and clear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:45am On May 23, 2017
Fikayo Tomori scores an own goal. England 1:1 Guinea 85mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:47am On May 23, 2017
Dannycrusoe I told you Vanuatu will still chop 6-8 goals in this group. Haha haha.

Venezuela 6:0 Vanuatu.

modified : now 7-0.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:20am On May 23, 2017
Most times guys give ladies a free pass. That's how the society is. But many at times ladies take it as a liscense to mouth someone down. Because they don't expect to be paid back in kind. Some Guys get mouth too o. Some people don't comment on here but they observe and they may form opinions about others. Well it's a free world we all form opinions of people, but one advise i have for you. Never suggest to a man that he acts like a lady. That's the worse thing you could ever say to a guy. The same way some guys say here that u are like a guy. Personally I don't see it as a nice to say. Interests in sports or any field is not exclusive to any gender.

Let's learn to grow a thick skin in forums like this where we meet different personality types. Many times there are nicer ways to pass a point or two accross while we disagree but most of us get too emotional and stop at nothing to prove we are right.

Sometimes avoidance is the best way to avoid future conflicts with people who don't weigh their words. We find it hard to respect each other during engagements.

safarigirl:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:17pm On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Hmm... but sis let me first correct one impression. Nobody is attacking you here bc of your gender.

I would even say you are one of the most respected and pampered here.

We don't expect all comments to be pleasant. But what do we do? You either ignore, Overlook and make your own comment, or give it back to the person hot (which I would not recommend).

For you to enjoy conversation here, I discovered that you have to forget your age, gender and social status.

Often times when you safarigirl makes a comment I forget that you are even a lady.Thouggh they are mostly short they often make so much sense. In fact they typically come as thought provoking arrows. Lol!

I know Bascovanveli pretty well he is one of the gentle men we have here. He is not the confrontational type. But once in a while we as humans react harshly to certain comments thrown at us. We all do it here , though to varying degrees.

So please our first lady do not feel hurt in any way. Though we all cannot agree on every issue but we are still friends and we are chatting together for one goal- for the benefit of our football.

I never said it was because of my gender, as a matter of fact it's not just me. The same has been done to thegoodjoe here as well.

It is petty and highly immature to throw jabs at people or make hostile comments because of an argument that was laid to rest. Whatever happened to letting bygones be bygones?

I have never attacked someone else here after an old argument, the fact that it is men, who I used to think have short teem memories as far as disagreements go, that are pulling such b!tch moves is disappointing.

If certain people do not want to be quoted anymore by certain people, say so, let me know I am to stay off your posts. But you don't get to be petty and act hostile because of an old case.

The fact that basco is doing that is even surprising to me, I used to think he wasn't like that. I can also be petty if we all want to start acting like teenage girls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:25pm On May 23, 2017
Joebie:
Most times guys give ladies a free pass. That's how the society is. But many at times ladies take it as a liscense to mouth someone down. Because they don't expect to be paid back in kind. Some Guys get mouth too o. Some people don't comment on here but they observe and they may form opinions about others. Well it's a free world we all form opinions of people, but one advise i have for you. Never suggest to a man that he acts like a lady. That's the worse thing you could ever say to a guy. The same way some guys say here that u are like a guy. Personally I don't see it as a nice to say. Interests in sports or any field is not exclusive to any gender.

Let's learn to grow a thick skin in forums like this where we meet different personality types. Many times there are nicer ways to pass a point or two accross while we disagree but most of us get too emotional and stop at nothing to prove we are right.

Sometimes avoidance is the best way to avoid future conflicts with people who don't weigh their words. We find it hard to respect each other during engagements.

nobody has ever given me a free pass here, so i don't know what you are talking about. Someone has even threatened to kill me on this thread, if that's a pass, I don't think I want it.

Attacking someone unnecessarily because of an old grudge is something girls do, so if you pull a female stunt, you will be compared to a female.

I have overlooked some attacks recently, but he and all the four women that liked his misplaced comment just deserved a call out. I know of many other ladies here who also dislike me for reasons best known to them, they tend to like comments that attack me.

I'm more of a man than some men here

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:33pm On May 23, 2017
safarigirl:
I never said it was because of my gender, as a matter of fact it's not just me. The same has been done to thegoodjoe here as well.

It is petty and highly immature to throw jabs at people or make hostile comments because of an argument that was laid to rest. Whatever happened to letting bygones be bygones?

I have never attacked someone else here after an old argument, the fact that it is men, who I used to think have short teem memories as far as disagreements go, that are pulling such b!tch moves is disappointing.

If certain people do not want to be quoted anymore by certain people, say so, let me know I am to stay off your posts. But you don't get to be petty and act hostile because of an old case.

The fact that basco is doing that is even surprising to me, I used to think he wasn't like that. I can also be petty if we all want to start acting like teenage girls

you are right to complain, I saw the comeent in question, it pains me, cos we all are suppose to be chatting mature with tolerance,

when a particular topic is becoming too much and we decide to drop it, it should hav stay dropped, and not be used in picking at anybody,

am sorry dearie, let us henceforth tolerate one anoder in love,
thanks for ur understanding

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:37pm On May 23, 2017
do4luv14:

you are right to complain, I saw the comeent in question, it pains me, cos we all are suppose to be chatting mature with tolerance,

when a particular topic is becoming too much and we decide to drop it, it should hav stay dropped, and not be used in picking at anybody,

am sorry dearie, let us henceforth tolerate one anoder in love,
thanks for ur understanding
nobody can sha use pettiness to chase me away for now.

There are two friendlies and an AFCON qualifier coming up, so there will be enough reasons to argue properly in the coming days grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:42pm On May 23, 2017
safarigirl:
nobody can sha use pettiness to chase me away for now.

There are two friendlies and an AFCON qualifier coming up, so there will be enough reasons to argue properly in the coming days grin

that's it, dats y am crushing on youuuuu..... So sweet of you

anyway, I don't know if I might watches them or not, but I won't miss getting on the flow,

I hope you will be here to spice it up cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:44pm On May 23, 2017
if not for ur handle I engage everyone one here like they are guys.

I'm not aware of all that. By free pass, I was talking generally in society.

safarigirl:
nobody has ever given me a free pass here, so i don't know what you are talking about. Someone has even threatened to kill me on this thread, if that's a pass, I don't think I want it.

Attacking someone unnecessarily because of an old grudge is something girls do, so if you pull a female stunt, you will be compared to a female.

I have overlooked some attacks recently, but he and all the four women that liked his misplaced comment just deserved a call out. I know of many other ladies here who also dislike me for reasons best known to them, they tend to like comments that attack me.

I'm more of a man than some men here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:46pm On May 23, 2017
Besides how many players are in camp presently

CC: TBABA SPUERNERD, O PARI MASTER, DGUDJOE, SAFARIGIRL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 12:50pm On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:
Dannycrusoe I told you Vanuatu will still chop 6-8 goals in this group. Haha haha.

Venezuela 6:0 Vanuatu.

modified : now 7-0.

definitely baba. I think the goalkeeper they used today is even worse compared to the one they used in the first match. those guys av some little potentials but we all know they are there to make up the numbers.
Venezuela are the surprise packages and they v impressed, first team to qualify for the knock out stage. they actually had a year and half prep for the tourney

what do u think of Vietnam's performance against New Zealand yesterday, they totally outplayed the whites.

what about Germany, they are not looking impressive but I see then beating Vanuatu by 5 goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 12:54pm On May 23, 2017
Icon4s:

giggs is 25 percent black too naw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:05pm On May 23, 2017
Just saw the own goal by Tomori Fikayo. The young Mann scored from half way line under no pressure. Amazing stuff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:08pm On May 23, 2017
do4luv14:
Besides how many players are in camp presently

CC: TBABA SPUERNERD, O PARI MASTER, DGUDJOE, SAFARIGIRL
nothing from NFF so far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:11pm On May 23, 2017
safarigirl:

My sister........ take it easy.

Don't take anything that happens here to serious.

We all have received jabs at one time or the other.

I was looking at it from a gender perspective bc you have made a similar complain like this in the past and even pointed out 'is it bc you are a woman?'. So pardon me if I thought in that line

But sincerely, don't let what we discuss here get at you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:36pm On May 23, 2017
it's all over the English press....the comment made by NFF spokesman.... regarding the federation plans to get a passport for Tammy Abraham...
I don't know why...NFF could be so lousy and dull.
such remarks might prompt the English fa to start taking some unnecessary steps and just the careers of these lads should not be at risk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2017
Mujtahida:
Watching Chelsea win the EPL, I had a shiver just thinking about the day Nigeria wins the world cup. It would be a glorious day. I pray it comes soon.
it's no longer seems impossible to me ,unlike before . The gap is closing

(1) (2) (3) ... (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) ... (16127) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PDPGuy, opes, comodo and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.