Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11594561 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 11:33am On Apr 23, 2018
Martz101:

Moses is not bad with the free-kick too, when the free-kick is in the left then them is more suited for v.Moses and right will be for Simon and kelechi, also remember that both of them are not sure started compare to v.moses

At this rate, we need to set aside sentiments and allow whoever has better accuracy to take them free kicks and penalties. If I had to choose between KC and VicMo, I would choose KC and thats because he is business minded. Moses is a lil heady and tends to get away with some wayward plays just because he makes Chelsea tick. I think Icons4s was right that we dont utilize our set pieces well. Of what use are set pieces when we dont convert?

Please note guys.... I am not a VicMo hater. I just hate the fact that he gets caught in his own world. He needs to start playing with the team and for the team. I sincerely hope and pray he works on this aspect cos Naija peeps arent so forgiving. You dont believe me? ASK YAKUBU! That Yak miss was all that was needed for Naija to be ousted from 2010 world cup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 11:47am On Apr 23, 2018
KpagoGIN:

People easily key into what pays as of now English football pays.....Money wise and fan base you just have to give it to them... football is turning into business even the five aside I use to play back then to even secure spot now I have to forget entertainment or else na bench get me.... even

Unfortunately my friend, you are super right. Football now is no longer an art, its about winning. Offside goal, harsh tackles and unfair officiating are the order of the day and sadly, thats what EPL has to offer.

Check out Michael Oliver's handling of Real Madrid Vs Juve 2nd leg match of the UCL. Ludicrous to say the least.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2018
forgiveness:

Simon-Moses and Kelechi Iheanacho too na one good freekick, na. grin
That's not true. Simon has scored many free kicks at club side while Nacho has been no doubt a good Free kick taker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
Kog45:
The Tammy i watched against Man utd was solid cos in the space of 10 minutes De Gea had three wonderful saves from him that would have beat any keeper.

The guy with his age is good and look promising.

Oh doesn't deserve Nigeria bench?no comment.
So why has he been warming the bench?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
Kog45:
The Tammy i watched against Man utd was solid cos in the space of 10 minutes De Gea had three wonderful saves from him that would have beat any keeper.

The guy with his age is good and look promising.

Oh doesn't deserve Nigeria bench?no comment.
How many times has he played or started this season? How many has he goals scored ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
tbaba1234:

Oga, calm down....His future is not bleak...

Can we wait to see the new manager first?

Victor Moses was not regarded by the Chelsea mangers until Conte... Iwobi could thrive under a new coach.. He has the ability.
Iwobi "could" thrive is under probability you know.

Is Iwobi doing well? It's a simple NO.
Please let's be realistic here. Stop being biased.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
kennysville:

At this rate, we need to set aside sentiments and allow whoever has better accuracy to take them free kicks and penalties. If I had to choose between KC and VicMo, I would choose KC and thats because he is business minded. Moses is a lil heady and tends to get away with some wayward plays just because he makes Chelsea tick. I think Icons4s was right that we dont utilize our set pieces well. Of what use are set pieces when we dont convert?

Please note guys.... I am not a VicMo hater. I just hate the fact that he gets caught in his own world. He needs to start playing with the team and for the team. I sincerely hope and pray he works on this aspect cos Naija peeps arent so forgiving. You dont believe me? ASK YAKUBU! That Yak miss was all that was needed for Naija to be ousted from 2010 world cup.
just take a look at his lame analysis...that when the set piece is on the right...Moses should take the set piece as if Moses has ever scored any set piece
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
Martz101:

Moses is not bad with the free-kick too, when the free-kick is in the left then them is more suited for v.Moses and right will be for Simon and kelechi, also remember that both of them are not sure started compare to v.moses
how many free kicks has Moses scored for Nigeria....?
I can bet had Moses Simon or nancho being privileged to play some of those free kicks he keeps missing...it would have been well converted..
it took nancho just one free kick to make a statement in the match against Argentina I doubt if Victor Moses could score that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Iwobi "could" thrive is under probability you know.

Is Iwobi doing well? It's a simple NO.
Please let's be realistic here. Stop being biased.
thank you
it's only Nigerians that will say iwobi had a good season
I wonder why peeps here try to defend iwobi when he is being criticised on twitter
look at welbeck for example he has been one of the most criticised arsenal player but recently he has improved and the fans are beginning to like him
but iwobi's case is reverse

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
That's not true. Simon has scored many free kicks at club side while Nacho has been no doubt a good Free kick taker

How many freekicks did Kelechi Iheanacho score?

Did you see with your two koro koro eyes the many freekicks Simon Moses scored at his club?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
forgiveness:

Did you see with your two koro koro eyes the many freekicks Simon Moses scored at his club?
nancho has scored one likewise Moses Simon and how many has Victor Moses ever scored for the super eagles from the many free kicks he has been taking?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
forgiveness:
It's now 3 nut. I am done watching already.

Etebor better leave this yeye club.
Abi oo... him efforts go just dey waste
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
How many times has he played or started this season? How many has he goals scored ?

28 games out of a possible 34 we can say safely say he has played in the vast majority of thier games. Is that a bench warmer or a reserve player to you.

For a striker his goal tally has been abysmal only 5 goals in the EPL. Simply bit good enough, however he brings more to the table in hold up play and driving the team forward. Plus a few assists.

Will you call that poor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
Humility017:

nancho has scored one likewise Moses Simon and how many has Victor Moses ever scored for the super eagles from the many free kicks he has been taking?

No doubt about nacho and Simon scoring one but he said they scored mant times. That is why I asked him those questions.

What brings Victor Moses?

Hope you dey follow d yans 4rm d beginning?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
Humility017:

just take a look at his lame analysis...that when the set piece is on the right...Moses should take the set piece as if Moses has ever scored any set piece
I think Moses scored a FK in the Afcon qualifier against Cameroon that was ruled out as off even though mikel(the player that was off) didn't touch the ball.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Abi oo... him efforts go just dey waste

You will see that frustration on his face.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
Icon4s:
The 23 players that are Most likely to make the final squad to the WC.

Believe it or not drawing this list is not as easy as it might seem.

Rohr can invite any 35 players from any where but baring any late withdrawals due to injuries, this is my predicted 23 players that will make the final list:

Goalkeepers
1. Francis Uzoho
2. Ikechukwu Ezenwa
3. Daniel Akpeyi

Defenders
4. William Troost-Ekong
5. Leon Balogun
6. Kenneth Omeruo
7. Chidozie Awaziem
8. Shehu Abdulahi
9. Tyrone Ebuehi
10. Brian Idowu
11. Elderson Echiejile

Midfielders
12. Wilfred Ndidi
13. Joel Obi
14. John Ogu
15. Mikel Obi
16. Oghenekaro Etebo
17. Ogenyi Onazi

Forwards
18. Alex Iwobi
19. Victor Moses
20. Moses Simon
21. Ahmed Musa
22. Kelechi Iheanacho
23. Odion Ighalo

Two players that have out-side chances but they will have to displace two players from the list above:

Dele Aiyenugba for Daniel Akpeyi (Dele likely to become first choice if Rohr does the needful)

Olaoluwa Aina for Elderson Echiejile (I feel for Aina but Echiejile's experience is a major advantage for him) Except we are going with 9 defenders but who will drop from the midfield or forwards. Besides, what are we doing with 3LBs in the WC?

So Chief Kog45 there you have it. You now understand why I would rather invite 25 and drop 2.

Nice and realistic list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
So why has he been warming the bench?

He is not warming bench as you think.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
SerVik:

I think Moses scored a FK in the Afcon qualifier against Cameroon that was ruled out as off even though mikel(the player that was off) didn't touch the ball.
we're not talking of disallowed goal...

bro...that dude has never scored any free kick for the super eagles....despite the numerous dead balls he has been taking

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
Icon4s:
The 23 players that are Most likely to make the final squad to the WC.

Believe it or not drawing this list is not as easy as it might seem.

Rohr can invite any 35 players from any where but baring any late withdrawals due to injuries, this is my predicted 23 players that will make the final list:

Goalkeepers
1. Francis Uzoho
2. Ikechukwu Ezenwa
3. Daniel Akpeyi

Defenders
4. William Troost-Ekong
5. Leon Balogun
6. Kenneth Omeruo
7. Chidozie Awaziem
8. Shehu Abdulahi
9. Tyrone Ebuehi
10. Brian Idowu
11. Elderson Echiejile

Midfielders
12. Wilfred Ndidi
13. Joel Obi
14. John Ogu
15. Mikel Obi
16. Oghenekaro Etebo
17. Ogenyi Onazi

Forwards
18. Alex Iwobi
19. Victor Moses
20. Moses Simon
21. Ahmed Musa
22. Kelechi Iheanacho
23. Odion Ighalo

Two players that have out-side chances but they will have to displace two players from the list above:

Dele Aiyenugba for Daniel Akpeyi (Dele likely to become first choice if Rohr does the needful)

Olaoluwa Aina for Elderson Echiejile (I feel for Aina but Echiejile's experience is a major advantage for him) Except we are going with 9 defenders but who will drop from the midfield or forwards. Besides, what are we doing with 3LBs in the WC?

So Chief Kog45 there you have it. You now understand why I would rather invite 25 and drop 2.

So we will be heading to Russia with only one Attacking midfielder. Its a pity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Watch him closely ke? is it not the same Tammy I watch? Come on, bro

Cant remember when last he even scored.
He doesn't even deserve our bench

Someone that was promised an automatic place in our World Cup Squad.. chai!

He scored in the last 3 matches he played.

Besides, he had his goal bound shots blocked in recent games.

Forget sentiments Tammy Abraham is good.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
elyte89:

Egbon ehiejile name on d list of players going to world cup as sure as tmao been a monday cool

D likes of Brian idowu,ola aina hasn't shown enough reason y d coaching crew shld dump echiejile judging from d last two friendlies, it was just unfortunate dt echiejile wasn't tested eida to ascertain his fitness level wink
You're not far from the truth but if 3-5-2 should be our ideal formation, we don't need Echiejile one bit

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
Kog45:
Yes three keepers but i want Dele or Ejide in the mix,not trusting Uzoho,Ezenwa and Akpeyi.
Spot on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
komekn:

28 games out of a possible 34 we can say safely say he has played in the vast majority of thier games. Is that a bench warmer or a reserve player to you.

For a striker his goal tally has been abysmal only 5 goals in the EPL. Simply bit good enough, however he brings more to the table in hold up play and driving the team forward. Plus a few assists.

Will you call that poor

Actually, he has 8 goals and 5 assists from all competition. I don't think it is bad for an upcoming striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2018
komekn:

Will you call that poor
hahahahaha
very poor by your standard
chei see double standard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
komekn:

Will you call that poor
Are you saying we need him in SE? And who will he replace?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
forgiveness:

Actually, he has 8 goals and 5 assists from all competition. I don't think it is bad for an upcoming striker.
even if its one goal its not bad for an up coming striker
hahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
femianski:

thank you
it's only Nigerians that will say iwobi had a good season
I wonder why peeps here try to defend iwobi when he is being criticised on twitter
look at welbeck for example he has been one of the most criticised arsenal player but recently he has improved and the fans are beginning to like him
but iwobi's case is reverse
Just imagine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Are you saying we need him in SE? And who will he replace?
yea
ighalo and kelechi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
forgiveness:

Yes of course. Who wan dash Awaziem freekick for match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
Not afraid of iwobi future because i have seen what he can do at his best

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
Truidstar:

When I think back to the dark days when we did not have players in top leagues. Used to envy Ghana, Ivory coast and Mali then. Now we have players popping up every where. The future is indeed bright.
I think we will be the main favorites to win the next AFCON. It's ours to lose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: humility33(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.