Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11725093 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
sone maybe not be washed but i dont see him getting a call up in the nearest future. ademola lookman will be difficult to get since we couldnt lure him even when promised a palace in the world cup team and also he is highly regarded in England and one of the arrow heads in their u21 team. the likes of ojo, onomah etc have to show that they are willing to jump ship and join the nigerian set up(which i believe will be after 2019 euro u21 competition), dessers need to do to something extra ordinary to have get a chance (he is not better than ighalo, iheanancho,and few untested lads like onuachu,awoniyi and sadiq). peter olayinka is a decent player and i have seen him play in the europa league but we have better qualities waiting on the wings. isaac success needs to seek for more playing time in watford or out on loan to be recalled. uche agbo is one player who i believe if given a chance will impress alot of super eagles fans.
forgiveness:

The bolded players should be searched out based on their performance though I Sebastian Osigwe because he's a young goalkeeper and we dare need of such. I will also add Dele Alampasu too.

Kayode Olanrewaju, Tega Onomah, Sheyi Ojo, Samuel Kalu, Ademola Lookman, Mikel Agu, Peter Olayinka and Isaac Success, Emmanuel Dennis Bonaventure, Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi and Dessers should be searched out.

Most especially Lookman Ademola, Tega Onomah, Ebere Eze and Sheyi Ojo. They are very good and talented players.

They should not be ignored for players.

Sone Aluko has not yet expired to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
lol history told me so
Since you know much about their history. So how are they presently white?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
andrew444:

Okay let me agree with you on chuba akpom

But common how can you say a noah bazee will make the german squad when fit?

Anyway i like your believe but i wont agree with you on noah bazee.

No problem but I don't like the idea he becomes a super star before we start chasing his shadow.

Remember, he is playing in the Bundusliga and the German media rates him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
noah when fit is unplayable. am not sure about him making the german team but the bobo dey ball with great pace.also he is versatile ie can be deployed as a 2nd striker, attacking midfielder or from the flank.if fit he would have been a sure pick for rohr for the worldcup
andrew444:

Okay let me agree with you on chuba akpom

But common how can you say a noah bazee will make the german squad when fit?

Anyway i like your believe but i wont agree with you on noah bazee.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
forgiveness:

No problem but I don't like the idea he becomes a super star before we start chasing his shadow.

Thats true sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
noah when fit is unplayable. am not sure about him making the german team but the bobo dey ball with great pace.also he is versatile ie can be deployed as a 2nd striker, attacking midfielder or from the flank.if fit he would have been a sure pick for rohr for the worldcup

That means i am missing,if you say so then i agree with what forgiveness said

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
good point. waiting for this euro born lads to hit stardom before they are approached is not the right step to follow.if we acted fast someone like ademola lookman would been capped when he was still in the english 3rd tier playing for chalton athletic. it will be very difficult to get him now that the english FA have taken notice of his immerse talent. there is another young nigerian making waves in chalton. he is a midfielder and have been likened to spur's dele alli.
forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
sunderland's issue was beyond the players and the coaches because the management refused on signing high caliber players who could have helped them remaining in the championship. most of the players they signed were youth players from epl teams

very untrue, sunderland had one of the best sqaud in championship.

Experience players like; Lee cattermole,Aiden mc Geady and John o'shea
international players like; paddy McNair(former Manchester united),Jack Rodwell,lamine kone(CIV),bryan Oviedo(costa rica)

in championship you don't need big name to get promotion, is a very difficult league, Cardiff can't boast of better players compare to sunderland but they got promotion.

stoke is not guarantee to go up and they are mot guarantee to stay up and not relegate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
arab invasion
MetalJigsaw:
Since you know much about their history. So how are they presently white?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
The first match is all or nothing. Win it, we go up. Lose it, we go down. I don't see no in betweens.

Over to you Baba Rohr and your 23 musketeers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
this move is an upgrade than going back to feirense. congrats etebo!

he had a very good time in las palmas, I'm sure he won't be lacking suitors, is our player so we hope stoke come back to premier league soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
Icon79:
Even though he doesn't play for Nigeria, I have so much respect for this guy. He always represents each time Bayern Munich wins something. I would say that he's more patriotic than many Nigerians sef.

O pari

how can he be more patriotic??

maybe you used the wrong word, his a good and dedicated player but patriotic how?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
he doesnt need stoke to gain promotion before he can play in the epl, all he needs is to shun out breath taking performances which i know he is capable of doing then an epl team will come calling. he mustn't join real madrid, manchester united and barca of this world before you can admit he made a good choice

how often do you see premier league club buy staright from the championship?? it does not happen always?

English clubs has inferiority complex, they hadly go down ro get players rather they go to other league, I wish him all the best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

I have never seen an Eagle as handsome as Awaziem. Ekong try sha but Awaziem is natural.

His pics alone wets pnts of his female fans. His tiny succulent red lips knot together with his clean and well shaven beard gang would make Bobrisky and his ilks pee themselves.

Dude would make it as a model if he wasn't a footballer. But I go bench him for d modelling field grin

I love my crew handsome and rich grin grin

hmmmm

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
i doubt if you followed the championship last season. cattermole, oshea and co are washed players who needed better quality players to strive .do you know how much epl new boys spent to sign quality players who outplayed other teams in the league to make it to epl? cardiff had a very good team with experienced players, aston villa who missed out narrowly from coming back to the epl went as far as getting ex chelsea skipper john terry who at his age is miles ahead of the whole sunderland defence. fulham had to lure serbian striker mitrovic and he helped bringing them back to the epl by notching goals almost every match.
Martz101:

very untrue, sunderland had one of the best sqaud in championship.

Experience players like; Lee cattermole,Aiden mc Geady and John o'shea
international players like; paddy McNair(former Manchester united),Jack Rodwell,lamine kone(CIV),bryan Oviedo(costa rica)

in championship you don't need big name to get promotion, is a very difficult league, Cardiff can't boast of better players compare to sunderland but they got promotion.

stoke is not guarantee to go up and they are mot guarantee to stay up and not relegate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
Guys, how do you see Joel as LWB? He's naturally left footed and energetic too... and much more experienced that Idowu.

Idowu isn't left footed and that makes him struggle to deliver good crosses... Even using His right foot instead of left
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mujtahida:

They were blacks. Hieroglyphs on the walls of the pyramids and papyrus shows that they were blacks. Moreover modern day Egyptians are not white but Arabs.
Arab race?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
wolves spent over 50 millions euros to bring him few players and also a coach from porto just to make it back to the epl. it shows a team will great intent not pretenders
charlesemeka85:
i doubt if you followed the championship last season. cattermole, oshea and co are washed players who needed better quality players to strive .do you know how much epl new boys spent to sign quality players who outplayed other teams in the league to make it to epl? cardiff had a very good team with experienced players, aston villa who missed out narrowly from coming back to the epl went as far as getting ex chelsea skipper john terry who at his age is miles ahead of the whole sunderland defence. fulham had to lure serbian striker mitrovic and he helped bringing them back to the epl by notching goals almost every match.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
its actually the native one.
oh ok...am looking forward to see them land in russia safely.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
that would have been a good one to try out but i think its late now
MetalJigsaw:
Guys, how do you see Joel as LWB? He's naturally left footed and energetic too... and much more experienced that Idowu.

Idowu isn't left footed and that makes him to deliver good crosses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2018
ChrisKels:
Etebo's agent ;

” Valencia wanted to wait till July before approaching Feirense. Stoke City were a bit proactive in their approach and fee was quickly agreed as they wanted to close the deal before he represents Nigeria at the World Cup “

after worldcup, I'm sure he would have gotten something better or worst case he will get similar move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
sone maybe not be washed but i dont see him getting a call up in the nearest future. ademola lookman will be difficult to get since we couldnt lure him even when promised a palace in the world cup team and also he is highly regarded in England and one of the arrow heads in their u21 team. the likes of ojo, onomah etc have to show that they are willing to jump ship and join the nigerian set up(which i believe will be after 2019 euro u21 competition), dessers need to do to something extra ordinary to have get a chance (he is not better than ighalo, iheanancho,and few untested lads like onuachu,awoniyi and sadiq). peter olayinka is a decent player and i have seen him play in the europa league but we have better qualities waiting on the wings. isaac success needs to seek for more playing time in watford or out on loan to be recalled. uche agbo is one player who i believe if given a chance will impress alot of super eagles fans.

If Sone Aluko performs this season, I don't see the reason he should not be called.

So, if he shine pass Etebo in the Championship, Rohr will still ignore him and pick Etebo?

Nigeria never promised Ademola Lookman a place in the world cup. Ademola-lookman was part of team Nigeria one time. Rohr should show the same commitment he had towards those German boys by giving him a call or arranging a meeting with them.

Sheyi Ojo and Onomah are ready to play for Nigeria. Ask Komekn, he will tell you. I say we show commitment and see them commit to play for us.

Nigeria should not show commitment when dem turn Super star finish.

I agree with you on Dessers but we should still continue to encourage him and promise him to play for us once he impresses. That alone shows we care.

Who are those better quality players waiting on wings that are better than Peter Olayinka?

Peter Olayinka is versatile. He can play anywhere in the attack and that's makes him shoulder above his peers.

To be honest, Isaac Success will bench any player apart from Victor Moses anywhere on the wings in our current team in Russia. Fact

He should just remain in the La Liga and continue to improve.

Uche Agbo is good but will have to contend with Mikel Agu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOMnaija(m): 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
The boys are here....

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOMnaija(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ready...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

Idowu isn't left footed and that makes him struggle to deliver good crosses... Even using His right foot instead of left

Joel Obi can play well on that wing. That is why I think his inclusion in the team was a good decision.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
a lot of great and decent players have joined epl teams from the championship. aston villa's Grealish, fulham's sessegnon etc are among those currently in the lips of most epl teams. dele alli and ademola lookman joined from the 3rd tier of english football. aussie legend cahil joined everton then from milwall and was an instant hit. the likes of john stone,jagielka,zaha joined everton and manchester united from championship clubs also just to mention a few
Martz101:

how often do you see premier league club buy staright from the championship?? it does not happen always?

English clubs has inferiority complex, they hadly go down ro get players rather they go to other league, I wish him all the best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
Throw Back Video:

Nigeria vs South Korea, 2010 World Cup.

Oh that Yak's miss angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8yoblanjis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:

you still don't get my point, if is by buying players then Birmingham , Middleboro and Aston villa should be up...they had very good players and coach.

the league is really crazy, even betting punters never get it right.

huddlesfield were having a very tiny and average squad and they got promoted
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
All this from a fellow dude? Na so e dey start o bros

Lol calm down small boy. As a guy who does part time runway auditioning to make my career versed, I always look out for guys that can fit in.

If I described Awaziem this way to any manager, na straight up invitation for rehearsals.

If invested in him as a model, I would smile to the bank. Clear ur yeye mind
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
andrew444:

The move is not too bad,he is comming from fierense.

Did i hear you said he should have waited till after the world cup?

After the 2014 world cup how many super eagles players get a move to better club? Please mention one?

None of keshi boys got a good move.

Michael babatunde did not have a bad world cup as far as i am concerned where did that take him to? if i say make i dey mention dem plenty and you are here saying he should wait till after the world cup,good move for the guy abeg.

they were not good enough.

only worldcup don't get you big move, your previous calendar year performance can get you a move.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
forgiveness:

Chuka Akpom tried in the Belgium pro league. He's picking up.

It seems you don't know Noah Bazee. He is a player when fit will make the German National team.

We should cap him first and wait to see what becomes of him latter.

which german team will he make??

you don come again

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
good point. waiting for this euro born lads to hit stardom before they are approached is not the right step to follow.if we acted fast someone like ademola lookman would been capped when he was still in the english 3rd tier playing for chalton athletic. it will be very difficult to get him now that the english FA have taken notice of his immerse talent. there is another young nigerian making waves in chalton. he is a midfielder and have been likened to spur's dele alli.

That's the point.

I don't know how NFF scouts didn't take note of Ademola Lookman's when he was in the Nigerian team London.

Even our U17 coach was too blind not to see him as a gem.

They just abandoned that team including Ademola Lookman and went for their boys.

It was after the boy started becoming Super star that they reluctantly spoke with him.

I think if Rohr speaks with him, he will change his mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.