Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team (9249 Views)

Break Down Of 4-bedroom Flat Costing #2,300,000 @ibadan / Decorative Fence Ideas, Please Help With Suggestions! / Basic Things To Know About A One-story Duplex Design, Costing And Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team by msogunro: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
podosci:
BRACE ESTIMATION

We have 29number of bracs
We have agreed to use 2 number of 9inch block has brace, placed perpendicularly to the block wall....
We have 11 coarse of block
Each course would has 2 blocks for brace
number of blocks for one brace = 2 x 11
=22 blocks
Total number of blocks required for 29 brace =
=29 x 22
= 638 Blocks

Total number of Blocks
required for the fence = number of blocks for blockwall +number of blocks for brace
= 2035+ 638
= 2673
NOTE: Motar joint was not included in my estimation of height because eavh motor joint is 10mm which would be infinitesimal when compared to the whole
We would require 2673 blocks to fence the site based on the already stated parameters

How deep should the blocks be below the ground? 1 coach? 2 coach?
Re: Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team by msogunro: 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
msogunro:

How deep should the blocks be below the ground? 1 coach? 2 coach?

@ podosci, Please check your email again.
Re: Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team by podosci(m): 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
msogunro:

@ podosci, Please check your email again.
Okay sir
Re: Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team by joseph1013: 1:14pm On May 22, 2017
podosci:
FOUNDATION

EXCAVATION
The excavation of the site is billed per meter along the perimeter of the site. The perimeter of the fence is estimated to be 87m ( the length of the gate was subtracted from the perimeter of the whole site to arrive at this figure)
The labourers charge between 500-600 naira per meter depending on location. For Awka they charge 600naira
The Total cost of the excavation = 500 x 87
= 52,200 naira
CONCREATE WORK
Concrete is a building material made form the mixture cement, fine aggregate (sand), course aggregate ( gravel) in a mixing medium (water). The various constituent are mixed in a specified ratio. 1 (cement );2 ( sand) ;4 (Gravel) is the mix ratio for this job
The volume of the concrete is estimated by multiplying the length of our RC beam(Perimeter of the fence) X the Depth of the beam X the breath of the beam
Volume of concrete = 87 x 0.225 x 0.5
=9.79m3
The value obtained has to be increased by 25% to cater for concrete shrinkage and wastage during casting
Actual volume of concrete = 1.25 x 9.79
=12.24m3
Cement
The volume of cement required to mix 12.24m3 of concrete is obtained from the specified ratio 1;2;4
Volume of cement = 12.24 (volume of concrete) x 1 ( ratio of cement in the mixture) / 7 ( total ratio of the constituent concrete materials)
= 12.24 x 1/7
= 1.74 m3
The volume of cement we just obtained has to be converted into a unit you can use to purchase cement from your local supplier( They supplier in 50kg bags of cement)
There is a mathematical relationship between density, volume and mass
where Density = mass/ volume
And the density of cement has been obtained through laboratory experiment to be 1506kg/m3
therefore Mass = Density x Volume
= 1506 x 1.74
= 2620kg
A bag of cement is 50kg
Total number of bags required = 2620/50
=53 bags of cement
Learning here. And how in simple English it is.

You calculated for concrete and cement here, what about the calculations for the sand and granite?

NB: I checked online now and found out that some are giving the density of one portland cement as 1440kg/m3, not 1506. Please clarify.
Re: Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team by Saeeeth(m): 6:21am On May 25, 2017
joseph1013:

You calculated for concrete and cement here, what about the calculations for the sand and granite?

NB: I checked online now and found out that some are giving the density of one portland cement as 1440kg/m3, not 1506. Please clarify.

What's the overall cost of the foundation ?
Re: Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team by Saeeeth(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2017
Saeeeth:

What's the overall cost of the foundation ?

How much do you think Foundation ( with German floor) will cost for the pictured land and plan ?

1 Like

Re: Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team by Daboomb: 8:36am On May 25, 2017
^^^ Who let that Dog out? grin grin

Nice one, Harney Projects
Re: Fence Design, Costing And Constuction By The Harneyprojects Team by podosci(m): 9:04am On May 25, 2017
joseph1013:

I have always known Ordinary portland cement to have density of 1506kg/m3 but was surprised when I saw some websites online quoting 1440kg/m3. I would Get more clarrification on the density and post it.
I would also post the calculation for sand and gravel too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WHALES COUNTY PHASE 2 LEKKI. GET YOUR CHOICE PLOTS NOW! / 6 Storey Building Collapses At Maryland Area Of Lagos State / 3D House Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.