Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard (570 Views)

What Does Public Utility Levy Mean? Mixed Reactions Trail New LASG Levy / LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) / Imo Adults To Pay N3,000 Development Levy - Rochas Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by Princewill1(m): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dr Oluwabukola Aluko, Coordinating Director, Osun State Ministry of Agriculture, Food Security and Youth Engagement, has announced that butchers operating in the state would henceforth pay levy to the government. Aluko, who made the announcement in a statement issued to newsmen on Wednesday in Osogbo, said that the payment of the levy would commence from April 1. He said that each cow slaughtered as meat for consumption in the state would attract N1, 000 levy while each sheep, goat, pig and other animals would attract N200 levy. He said that the decision to introduce the levy was reached after an interactive session between Gov. Rauf Aregbesola and butchers association in the state. ``All animals meant for public consumption including animals for ceremonies henceforth must be slaughtered only at government approved slaughter slabs,’’ Aluko said. He urged butchers and canteen operators to cooperate with meat inspectors from the Veterinary Services Department of the Ministry in order to ensure that meat for public consumption are inspected. The Director also called on butchers to cooperate with the government in its efforts to develop the state, warning that appropriate penalties await anybody who violates the new policy.
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/butchers-osun-pay-levy-director/
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by Princewill1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Aregbe-Rascal is a joke!
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Aregbe needs to shore up their 6million naira before all these bad boys buy Osun state on OLX

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by vivalavida(m): 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
Na from #1000 and #200 from butchers,owambe and canteen people this one wan use pay ccivil servants ni?

I laff in Igbo
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by SleekAbokii: 10:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
LOL!!!
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by Aromas: 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
Another money into there account grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by ckmayoca: 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
We give to apc govt but they give us nothing in return, somebody please tell us why oh?
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by Standing5(m): 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
What about palmwine tappers? Kolo goverment. Can anyone remember when Aregbe said his people are too poor to pay tax? When he was trying to justify his free feeding, free payment, and O-schemes? If I talk now they say I am a Zombie so i stop here for now . . .
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by babdap: 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
Osun States needs any available revenue source
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:06am On Mar 31, 2016
It's normal every income earner is supposed to pay moderate tax...

But some governors are financially reckless. what's a governor doing with over 30 advisers biko?

Cut down the cost of governance..That's all
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by ShegeYorubawa: 6:30am On Mar 31, 2016
OsunhouseOfhunger.
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:15am On Mar 31, 2016
Lagos and Ogun state have been taxing meat sellers since I couldn't even remember!
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by Agimor(m): 7:37am On Mar 31, 2016
cheesy
Re: Butchers In Osun To Pay Levy — Vanguard by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:01am On Mar 31, 2016
Standing5:
What about palmwine tappers? Kolo goverment. Can anyone remember when Aregbe said his people are too poor to pay tax? When he was trying to justify his free feeding, free payment, and O-schemes? If I talk now they say I am a Zombie so i stop here for now . . .
Very soon, APC will tax agbo sellers and omonile in southwest, mai ruwa and mai suya in the north, fishermen in south south and okpa women in southeast

(1) (Reply)

Advantages Of Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria / 13 Things To Show That Things Are Yet To Be Normal In Our Country / Fuel Scarcity: When You Have No Hope Again (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.