Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! (878 Views)

Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? / Where In The Quran Did It Say The Bible Has Been Corrupted? / The Bible Has Been Corrupted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by DLondonboiy: 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
Can a good Nairalander help me explain Luke 16: 9-11?
What was Jesus trying to say?
Brother lalasticlala, come and help us.

9And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous mammon (deceitful riches, money, possessions), so that when it fails, they [those you have favored] may receive and welcome you into the everlasting habitations (dwellings).

10He who is faithful in a very little [thing] is faithful also in much, and he who is dishonest and unjust in a very little [thing] is dishonest and unjust also in much.

11Therefore if you have not been faithful in the [case of] unrighteous mammon (deceitful riches, money, possessions), who will entrust to you the true riches?

Oya pastors make una come oo
Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by greatnaija01: 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
DLondonboiy:

9And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous mammon (deceitful riches, money, possessions), so that when it fails, they [those you have favored] may receive and welcome you into the everlasting habitations (dwellings).

10He who is faithful in a very little [thing] is faithful also in much, and he who is dishonest and unjust in a very little [thing] is dishonest and unjust also in much.

11Therefore if you have not been faithful in the [case of] unrighteous mammon (deceitful riches, money, possessions), who will entrust to you the true riches?

NO ONE WILL WASTE THEIR TIME TO ANSWER YOU. PLEASE USE BETTER TRANSLATIONS.... KJV IS THE 13TH TRANSLATION IN PRINT.... USE MSG OR AMP... its all there..... DON'T JUST LIFE ONE TEXT AND CREATE A DOCTRINE OR CONFUSION FROM IT. GOD IS NOT AN AUTHOR OF CONFUSION

3 Likes

Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by Lanceslot(m): 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
Na for sunday we go hit FP @ OP...
Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
oya switch to quran na

1 Like

Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
DLondonboiy:

Luke 16 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

1 And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.

2 And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.

3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.

4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.

5 So he called every one of his lord’s debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?

6 And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.

7 Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.

8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man’s, who shall give you that which is your own?

13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.

15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 and in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house:

28 for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by DLondonboiy: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
greatnaija01:

NO ONE WILL WASTE THEIR TIME TO ANSWER YOU. PLEASE USE BETTER TRANSLATIONS.... KJV IS THE 13TH TRANSLATION IN PRINT.... USE MSG OR AMP... its all there..... DON'T JUST LIFE ONE TEXT AND CREATE A DOCTRINE OR CONFUSION FROM IT. GOD IS NOT AN AUTHOR OF CONFUSION

Bros, this passage is confusion-laden.
Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by DLondonboiy: 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
samted:
oya switch to quran na
you no just like me be that.
Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
bro, i think what bros J was simply saying is this:

since you have refused to leave worldly things, at least be smart enough to use them and gain friends that may help you when the worldly things fail.

the parable that came before the statement showed the slave that used sense to knock off debts from the people owing his master cos he knew he had lost favour with his master. last last, when the master fires him, those people will be willing to help him.

so Bros J is basically saying if you can't even be smart in your dishonesty, you don't deserve shiii

i hope say i try small.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by DLondonboiy: 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
samted:
bro, i think what bros J was simply saying is this:

since you have refused to leave worldly things, at least be smart enough to use them and gain friends that may help you when the worldly things fail.

the parable that came before the statement showed the slave that used sense to knock off debts from the people owing his master cos he knew he had lost favour with his master. last last, when the master fires him, those people will be willing to help him.

so Bros J is basically saying if you can't even be smart in your dishonesty, you don't deserve shiii

i hope say i try small.

lol..
exactly my thought...
But I come reason am, e dey out of place for Bros J to sanction dishonesty na!
Abi is there a deeper meaning to the passage?
Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
DLondonboiy:

lol..
exactly my thought...
But I come reason am, e dey out of place for Bros J to sanction dishonesty na!
Abi is there a deeper meaning to the passage?

me nor know again ooo

make i park my moto for here
Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by ifenes(m): 11:13pm On Mar 30, 2016
That book is about 2,000 years old and pretty much outdated. Bro J was a well known weed smoker. Don't take him serious OP
Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by malvisguy212: 11:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
DLondonboiy:

The context is talking about tax collector , the teachers of the law, scribe and pharasses regard this tax collectors as sinners and they don't near or seat with them. The tax collectors were despised by their fellow
Jews, especially the Pharisees and scribes, they all hated the tax collector. Jesus, however, set a new precedent among the Jews by accepting and associating with the tax collectors. He ate with them (Mark 2:16), showed them mercy and compassion (Luke 19:9), and he even chose a tax collector (Matthew) as one of His twelve disciples (Matthew 9:9).

So, in luke 16:9 when jesus use the phrase "I TELL YOU" He was speaking to His disciples only. "make friends yourselves by means of unrighteous mammon". He was telling them to acts the way He did, the word "make friends" here imply, WIN SOULS to God kingdom.
Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by Judas2013: 12:15am On Mar 31, 2016
malvisguy212:

The context is talking about tax collector , the teachers of the law, scribe and pharasses regard this tax collectors as sinners and they don't near or seat with them. The tax collectors were despised by their fellow
Jews, especially the Pharisees and scribes, they all hated the tax collector. Jesus, however, set a new precedent among the Jews by accepting and associating with the tax collectors. He ate with them (Mark 2:16), showed them mercy and compassion (Luke 19:9), and he even chose a tax collector (Matthew) as one of His twelve disciples (Matthew 9:9).

So, in luke 16:9 when jesus use the phrase "I TELL YOU" He was speaking to His disciples only. "make friends yourselves by means of unrighteous mammon". He was telling them to acts the way He did, the word "make friends" here imply, WIN SOULS to God kingdom.

Re: Help: Bible Has Finally Confused Me! by tijusegele(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2016
check GOODNEWS bible it's beta explain n straight forward

(1) (Reply)

Wicked Husband Stabs Wife To Death For Converting To Christianity / World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos / Pregnant And Unwed NYC Female Pastor Says She Refuses To Be Shamed Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.