Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today (879 Views)

Deeper Life Has Never Changed Their Doctrines / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) / Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
There are many non-biblical doctrines held by Christendom today. Christianity of today is a corrupted version.... Professed Christians hold on to beliefs which are of pagan origin and which ancient Christians never practised. This is the main reason Muslims and other non-Christian or non-religious sects insult Christianity. I will highlight some of the beliefs and bible verses that counter them.

1. THE IMMORTAL SOUL: Christians of today believe in another part of a person that survives death. The Bible is totally against this. The immortal soul is a Greek teaching and not a biblical one.

Some Christians even teach "reincarnation" whereas Jesus taught "resurrection"

The Hebrew word for "soul" is "nefesh" and it means "soul" or "person" or "being." Its Greek equivalent is "psykhe"

"And JEHOVAH God fashioned man of the dust of the earth, and breathed into his nostrils, the breath of life; and man became a living soul" - Genesis 2:7

The above passage reveals that man himself is the soul and does not have a soul that is immortal. Other bible translators render it a "living being" and others render it as "living person." Moreover, Ezekiel the prophet revealed thus:

"The soul who sins shall die" - Ezekiel 18:20.

If the soul were immortal, then would it die? Christians need to start reasoning.

Again, the soul and the spirit are not the same. The Hebrew language uses another word for spirit. It uses the word "ruakh" which means "spirit" or "wind" or "breath" or "air." The word "ruakh" implies anything related to "wind" and its Greek equivalent is "pneuma"

"And JEHOVAH God fashioned man of the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" - Genesis 2:7

Other bible translators render it as "spirit of life". The soul and spirit or the breath are not the same infact without the spirit, the soul is dead.

"You take away their breath, they die and return to their dust" - Psalm 104:29

So, the soul is infact the person himself and not an immortal part of the person.

2. THE TRINITY: The Trinity is an erroneous teaching, for crying out loud Christians, God is one and not three in one persons. Jesus is not God but the Son of God.

"Listen, O Israel: JEHOVAH our God, JEHOVAH is one!" - Deuteronomy 6:4

In Hebrew language, the above verse would be recited as:

"shma Yisra'el: YEHOVAH Elohinuw YEHOVAH ekhad"

This verse can also be translated as:

"Listen O Israel: JEHOVAH is our God, JEHOVAH alone"

So, Jesus is lower than God and not God himself.

The Trinity is of Egyptian/Babylonian origin.

Egyptian Trinity: Osiris the father, Horus the son and Isis the mother.

Indian Trinity: Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver and Sheeva the destroyer.

Babylonian Trinity: Shamash the sun god, Aku the moon lord and Ishtar the mother.

Jews reject the Trinity doctrine and likewise some Christians in Syria or regions where ancient Christianity is still practised.

3. CHRISTMAS: Most Christians know that this holiday is unscriptural, yet they still celebrate it. The bible never gave the date of Jesus' birth. Birthday celebration is unscriptural. Christmas celebration marks the birth of pagan idol gods (Mars, Krishna, Saturn
, Cernunnos e.t.c.).

If Christians everywhere could just wake up and accept the truth, then we would be one and there would be no conflict.

More posts coming soon.
Re: Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today by mackhunter77: 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
make una dey mumu una self.....how many threads wey Muslims don create here against their Quranic holidays/observations?As if the denominations saga is not enough

1 Like

Re: Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ask the brother if he ever talked to anyone about Jesus since this year began, you will get a NO as an answer!!!!

Spread the Gospel Bro not these jargons you wrote up there

And stop explaining all those hebrew text, latin text etc... Ask the for the Holy Spirit Text
Re: Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 01, 2016
Hmm

Re: Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
polymathic:
Ask the brother if he ever talked to anyone about Jesus since this year began, you will get a NO as an answer!!!!

Spread the Gospel Bro not these jargons you wrote up there

And stop explaining all those hebrew text, latin text etc... Ask the for the Holy Spirit Text

I hav not got any reply for you. Anyways the truth is bitter.
Re: Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today by jcross19: 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
lordnicklaus:

lordnicklaus:

lordnicklaus:

luke 24 vs 39:behold my hands and my feet,that's I myself ; handle me, and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones as you see me have. What do you understand? You are confused where bible says is appointed for a man to die once after that is judgement , here is a simple understanding. Spirits mean they can't access this material world any more but waiting for judgement. Think and ask for understanding. Even reincarnation is in the bible.
Re: Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
jcross19:
[b][/b]luke 24 vs 39:behold my hands and my feet,that's I myself ; handle me, and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones as you see me have. What do you understand? You are confused where bible says is appointed for a man to die once after that is judgement , here is a simple understanding. Spirits mean they can't access this material world any more but waiting for judgement. Think and ask for understanding. Even reincarnation is in the bible.

You must be a member of Olumba Olumba
Re: Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today by jcross19: 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
lordnicklaus:

You must be a member of Olumba Olumba
can you see how poor your understanding is? I quoted bible verse to confirm mine! And your respond prove to me that you lack bible understanding. You quoted bible verses and interpreted to suit your foolishness. There is a spirit and am a living testimony of it. If you like deny it that never change the fact.
Re: Non-biblical Doctrines And Holidays Held By Christendom Today by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 01, 2016
I have not insulted you @jcross and yet you insult me. Anyways I will take it like that. I was just assuming you to be a member of Olumba Olumba cos' they believe in reincarnation. Christians today only believe what their pastors have told them, they do not try to gain knowledge. Imagine, I tried to dispel erroneous doctrines and I receive insults from people claiming to be Christians. Most Christians do not even know the origin of the Bible and the name "Christians" and yet they blindly follow what they know not. Jesus' teachings have been twisted to suit different preachers' personal aggrandizements. If Christianity were one, then all preachers would teach the same thing. I am a Christian but that doesn't mean I rely on my pastor for everything. Jesus taught one message yet pastors derive many teachings or doctrines from just a single Bible verse and claim that Christianity teaches one message. If a pastor teaches or interpretes a bible verse one way and another teaches it in another way, does it mean that they are led by the same holy spirit? If so, then has God become an author of confusion? You called me "foolish" yet if you were to argue with a non-Christian, you would expect him to simply believe all you say without questioning you and you claim to preach the gospel yet you have no understanding of the true gospel as taught by the Lord. If I may ask, who can explain the nature of the Trinity? No one can explain how God becomes three person yet He is one and if He were incarnated in Christ, that means God died and resurrected. If Jesus were God, that means He prayed to Himself and called Himself "Father" and if the holy spirit is God, that means, people who are filled with the holy spirit are filled with God and Jesus the Christ since they are three-in-one.

If you could learn the Bible in its original languages, believe me, you would stop going to your church and you would come to appreciate what Jesus taught. But since you argue and insult without knowledge, then my foolishness surpasses your wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Called Pastor Adeboye A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / The Spirit Behind "Believers Love World" / How Bridget Agbanime Was Murdered In Kofar Wambai Market Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.