Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? (8571 Views)

How Common Is Masturbation, Really? (adults Photos) / How I Got Saved From Masturbation. / Is Masturbation A Social Behaviour? because My Vaseline No Dey Last Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by akagson: 2:12am On Apr 01, 2016
What really is the difference between masturbation and sex

Over the couple of days, there has been topics flying upandan on this forum about masturbation being bad for your health, bla bla bla.... About which is a "better sin" — masturbation or 'fornication' bla bla bla.

But one thing I've come to notice is that most of the commentators are coming from the angle of religion (don't blame them; religion has rewired their brains and the way they think), but no one really says anything meaningful scientifically about how masturbation or 'fornication' —as they say— negatively affects people.

Someone went to the extent of saying masturbation drains protein from your body (I stand to be corrected, but I have never come across that fallacy in the course of my various researches).
In summary, masturbation has been termed "unhealthy" and "dangerous".

Masturbation is like making love to yourself, while sex is making love to someone else. Masturbation has always been prescribed as an alternative to sex but the way Nairaladers demonise masturbation has made me to wonder: how exactly does masturbation harm you? I really need scientific answers not some religious bullcrap.

There are people who would prefer masturbation to sex because it gives them ultimate control in obtaining sexual gratification. For example, the wives and girlfriends of the 3-minutes men. They are hardly satisfied by their spouses and they finish themselves off by their own self.

When you say masturbation is dangerous, are you talking of the man who vigorously jerks off his joystick to orgasm or the man or woman who gently strokes his genitals till he attains a mind-shattering orgasm? Are you talking about the man who practices 'self love' or the one who's got the whole length of his joystick bruised due to 'mad-man-jerking'?

The last time I checked, the 'oyimbo' people recommended frequent sex (and masturbation in the cases where you no see person wey go share im punni/d!ck with you).

I have typed pretty much. Make I stop the rambling.

I just need scientific answers from those of you who are against masturbation. What really is harmful in masturbation and pls give me references. Don't just blab what you think is correct and appropriate, rather blab what you know is correct and accurate and give citations.

And those of you who think masturbation is different from sex, how is masturbation different from sex? I mean, in both cases, I feel real damn good whether I'm ramming the heavens gate of my girlfriend or whether I'm making love to myself. (Although I prefer it with my partner).

WHY IS MASTURBATION HARMFUL? (No religious citations pls)

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MASTURBATION AND SEX?

Two questions needing sincere answers. Oya!
Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by Smellymouth: 2:14am On Apr 01, 2016
There is nothing wrong with masturbat1ng but there is a big difference between masturbat1ng and sex. When you have sex with someone there is a lot more involved than just reaching orgasm to relieve yourself of sexual tension. Not only is it physical but there are emotions at play, even when you have casual sex ...
There are also all the other factors that are so totally different from masturbating, like the different textures, sounds, touch and all the other senses that you experience when you are with another person and which you can never experience when masturbating.

3 Likes

Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by MRBrownJ: 2:39am On Apr 01, 2016
MASTURBATION alone
SEX two people

as you can see, HUGE difference!
Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by akagson: 2:51am On Apr 01, 2016
Smellymouth:
There is nothing wrong with masturbat1ng but there is a big difference between masturbat1ng and sex. When you have sex with someone there is a lot more involved than just reaching orgasm to relieve yourself of sexual tension. Not only is it physical but there are emotions at play, even when you have casual sex ...
There are also all the other factors that are so totally different from masturbating, like the different textures, sounds, touch and all the other senses that you experience when you are with another person and which you can never experience when masturbating.

Yeah that's right. I know that.
What about the "masturbation is harmful" part.
What do you have to say?
Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by akagson: 2:56am On Apr 01, 2016
MRBrownJ:
MASTURBATION alone SEX two people
as you can see, HUGE difference!
Unfortunately, you could not prove the difference?
Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by Smellymouth: 3:05am On Apr 01, 2016
akagson:

Yeah that's right. I know that.
What about the "masturbation is harmful" part.
What do you have to say?

Most doctors and most medically sound sources on the internet will tell you that masturbation is natural and healthy and can't hurt you. This is based on the best objective, testable evidence available, rather than on belief.

Sex activity is a normal thing for your body,humans are made to have sex a lot and both sexes enjoy it even when no baby can happen...It doesn't make sense that it could hurt you.
Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by MRBrownJ: 3:19am On Apr 01, 2016
akagson:

Unfortunately, you could not prove the difference?

Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by Peritus(m): 3:58am On Apr 01, 2016
It weakens your erection, and causes quick expulsion

2 Likes

Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by Bluezy13(m): 4:11am On Apr 01, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by akagson: 6:23am On Apr 01, 2016
Peritus:
It weakens your erection, and causes quick expulsion
Lies from the pit of the hell called Nigeria.
Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by akagson: 6:25am On Apr 01, 2016
Smellymouth:

Most doctors and most medically sound sources on the internet will tell you that masturbation is natural and healthy and can't hurt you. This is based on the best objective, testable evidence available, rather than on belief.

Sex activity is a normal thing for your body,humans are made to have sex a lot and both sexes enjoy it even when no baby can happen...It doesn't make sense that it could hurt you.

OK na. Thank you!
Re: Why is masturbation "harmful"? Why is sex different from masturbation? by sakato1: 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
[quote author=akagson post=44298898]What really is the difference between masturbation and sex
On this topic pls visit www.thebody.com/aids/ safesex.
Over the couple of days, there has been topics flying upandan on this forum about masturbation being bad for your health, bla bla bla.... About which is a "better sin" — masturbation or 'fornication' bla bla bla.

But one thing I've come to notice is that most of the commentators are coming from the angle of religion (don't blame them; religion has rewired their brains and the way they think), but no one really says anything meaningful scientifically about how masturbation or 'fornication' —as they say— negatively affects people.

Someone went to the extent of saying masturbation drains protein from your body (I stand to be corrected, but I have never come across that fallacy in the course of my various researches).
In summary, masturbation has been termed "unhealthy" and "dangerous".

Masturbation is like making love to yourself, while sex is making love to someone else. Masturbation has always been prescribed as an alternative to sex but the way Nairaladers demonise mast[i][/i]

(1) (Reply)

He Wakes Me Every Morning Just For Sex. / Who Has Bigger Boobs / USE THIS PICTURE to Start a Conversation on WhatsApp with a Stranger [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.