Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,701 members, 7,834,331 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (904131 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by yokus(f): 11:53am On Apr 06, 2016
My people, i have missed u. Yippee we don enter part4
Kai i forgot how this 6weeks inmunisation affects kids oo, its not easy. God bless our LOs n us too.

Thank you to the person that discouraged me from doing contraceptive implants here at $1500 o. I did it at LASUTH at 500naira for the 5year one, it is unbelieveable, i was happy to tip cos that difference ehn. Whew.
So after paying alot for extra luggage to pack similac n pampers for madam here, she decided to stop taking similac and pampers irritates her skin. Mmmm i guess 2 weeks is to short to be sure of what my baby will use in the long run. I don drop them for one supermarket. (Shines teeth)
Weldone everyone, Weldone JustWise.
Special kisses to eyin temi...mua
Lest i forget Arik refunded 46k
United bought through travelstart refunded nothing, what irritated me most is travelstart had an option for service rendered to get full or partial refund which i paid for but they couldnt get me a refund.
Its unfortunate, that option should be disabled for tickets that they know is not refundable, and they should boldly state some tickets are non refundable before payment. I dont have their time yet. LO is still my priority for now

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bbaby84(f): 11:53am On Apr 06, 2016
nefertitiram:

The foolish thing stopped working midway during surgery for me. . The pain was out of this world till d doc asked dem to administer general anasthetics cos remain small i for run comot frm operating table. Imagine being sawn into two!!!

Next time, they should just knock me out.

For my first it was sweet.... though I shook like crazy after the operation, I needed like 10 warm blankets.

For my second, it failed terribly. I could feel them pulling her out! I had to be knocked out!
#2timeCSmama.
Sighs

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 11:55am On Apr 06, 2016
favoredgal:

Iv used epidural twice and had no side effect

I think women that have c-sections also used it compulsorily

I'm not encouraging you o! Just stating my own experience
Best thing since sliced bread

Okay. Thank you cos i am considering it for VD.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2016
feddy27:

If your child has a naija passport, you can get one way ticket but if it's a visa, it must be a return ticket

I got a 1 way ticket for my lo via united,and we used a visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Just hold extra money in case it becomes an issue.

However, i think its American airlines that insist you get a twoway ticket. I guess you are not allowed to carry their pikin away without hope of return.....i may be wrong

mrsbw:

I'm using Delta...and I already even bought the one way ticket from the Lagos office before I saw justwise's post. my hubby brought it when coming.

I just hope they won't disturb me at the airport cc feddy27

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
I shouldnt think so.....my brother travels with one way tickets and he always buys PTA from FCMB, its never been an issue.

labiz001:
Hello House,
Need to make confirmation if PTA is only been issued for return ticket holders only.
Urgent response will be well appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 12:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
bbaby84:

For my first it was sweet.... though I shook like crazy after the operation, I needed like 10 warm blankets.

For my second, it failed terribly. I could feel them pulling her out! I had to be knocked out!
#2timeCSmama.
Sighs

You too? kai. Not a very interesting memory.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
blaize777:
Abeg who knows list of shopping mall in Houston way no cost ooo very affordable ones for my baby stuff cloth etc and my self and hubi too .

Burlington,ross,marshalls,dillards,sears,macys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
Do I refill the DS160 form if i got dennied??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Yes. Please use the space provided for explanation on previous denial to pleas your case well.

jet2biz:
Do I refill the DS160 form if i got dennied??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simplysu: 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=ChicMalkia post=44455137]After delivery, my hubby bought it in Naija at their Ikoyi office and it cost 10% of the price of my new York to Lagos ticket... not 10% of the return ticket price but 10% only of the New York to Lagos part of the trip.

thanks a bunch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
yokus:
My people, i have missed u. Yippee we don enter part4
Kai i forgot how this 6weeks inmunisation affects kids oo, its not easy. God bless our LOs n us too.

Thank you to the person that discouraged me from doing contraceptive implants here at $1500 o. I did it at LASUTH at 500naira for the 5year one, it is unbelieveable, i was happy to tip cos that difference ehn. Whew.
So after paying alot for extra luggage to pack similac n pampers for madam here, she decided to stop taking similac and pampers irritates her skin. Mmmm i guess 2 weeks is to short to be sure of what my baby will use in the long run. I don drop them for one supermarket. (Shines teeth)
Weldone everyone, Weldone JustWise.
Special kisses to eyin temi...mua
Lest i forget Arik refunded 46k
United bought through travelstart refunded nothing, what irritated me most is travelstart had an option for service rendered to get full or partial refund which i paid for but they couldnt get me a refund.
Its unfortunate, that option should be disabled for tickets that they know is not refundable, and they should boldly state some tickets are non refundable before payment. I dont have their time yet. LO is still my priority for now

$1500 as to #500...wat a huge difference. Sometimes not every Amelica thingz is good for our pocket. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 12:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
greatie:

$1500 as to #500...wat a huge difference. Sometimes not every Amelica thingz is good for our pocket. grin grin

Azzin eh!
$1,500 Vs $2:50 at bank rate or $1:50 at black market rate. In fact eh, soon Oyibo go get their own thread ' Get Contraceptive implants and other things in Nigeria, cost and proocedure' grin

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
omodadi:
Good morning house, pls has anyone got info about stanbic pta today? Are they selling or not?

Come to Sterling Bank and you will get your PTA same day

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
omodadi:
Stanbic isn't selling pta today o, ayam there right now.

Do you have an account with sterling bank, come to ikoyi branch you will get your PTA same day

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
AsiwajuAfo001:

Do you have an account with sterling bank, come to ikoyi branch you will get your PTA same day

Na porting to sterling be that ooo.
@ AsiwajuAfo001,
my travel is still June, do i need to aply way ahead of travel time?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
omodadi:
Please can anyone tell the transportation cost from IAH to Soulcare. Trying to go for a good deal pls. Thanks

http://uberestimator.com/

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
Somebody shout HALLELUYAH.......

Applied for PTA at Ecobank, today makes 3weeks gangan. Travel date is still May and I got a call from them to cum pick up.

Someone actually said they were giving and I rem'd telling her da my application has bin on their waiting list for a wyl now.

If una see as I dey reach there ehn, I no gree stop for Lastma official wey try to get mi attention sef. I was like Biollar u gats do fast fast before dem go change dem mind and yes yes yes...got $4k at official rate of N197.

Elated is actually an understatement!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
Pls has anybody flown Royal Air Marco to America before... Nah me buy d ticket oo, but as time don dey reach d flight don dey come fear me. Lol... @Nerf now kukuma made it more scary for me! When I told her she scream and said in her life she never hear anyone way don fly with them before. grin nah where ur sister dey find cheap ticket oo (covers face). I paid a return ticket for 240k from Lagos - new York through travelstart.
Hmm... d flight nah same day flight oo.. leave 19th may in d morning naija time and land 19th may at 6:30pm American time. (I never see that can flight before sha).
Abeg anybody get experience with dis airline.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
Happytbaby how far na?

Still waiting for my long epistle(mum's visa) LO wiped off on ur tab grin

U rem shey?

How body?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
Will share this with DH asap. His travel date is next month...will da matter? Or has to be a closer date?

Kindly revert Biko.

AsiwajuAfo001:

Come to Sterling Bank and you will get your PTA same day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
Wow! Let me tell hubby asap. Many thanks

AsiwajuAfo001:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
biollar1:
Will share this with DH asap. His travel date is next month...will da matter? Or has to be a closer date?

Kindly revert Biko.

Not sure of other branches but you can get here in ikoyi. Just helped a Customer few hours ago. Do you have an account with sterling bank?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
biollar1:

Kindly revert Biko.

As long as you have your flight ticket, you can get it anytime
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
nefertitiram:

The foolish thing stopped working midway during surgery for me. . The pain was out of this world till d doc asked dem to administer general anasthetics cos remain small i for run comot frm operating table. Imagine being sawn into two!!!

Next time, they should just knock me out.

I had this same experience. I had a prolonged labour and when I got to the tail-end of the journey I had to have an emergency c.s, they called to administer a second dose of the anesthesia but it didn't work until the baby and placenta had been pulled out. I felt everything up to that point oh, but then I passed out.

I also had the shivering reaction and was struggling to breathe lol. Regardless of this I would take that epidural over the pain I felt that fateful day anytime.lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
greatie:

its free in the primary health centre in my adugbo. they will still beg you to take and say thank you on top! Yankee sha! Na dem start yahoo yahoo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
AsiwajuAfo001:

Great info!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 1:45pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=olokings post=44446532]Greetings.
Happy u were able to handle ur child's tongue-tie issue eventually.

However for mommas who may experience this in the future, you may wish to kindly return back to naija and quietly do it at any pediatric or even general Hospital for waaaay less.

I did my 2 year old boy's tongue-tie loosening just a few weeks back because although I was being strong heard that he'd out grow it when the mum observed it few weeks after birth which now made him unable to speak.

A nurse nipped it after consultation with a pead right there at the injection room as simple as trunking a finger nail.

Fast fwd to a few weeks and he's now using the loosed tongue picking speaking phoné swén swén like his big sister.

Bottom line is some things we do with less drama and complications here in naija.

Ciao

The procedure is cheaper in naija,but it gives you peace of mind and the excruciating pain you feel when nursing your lo,when I had my son a lot of people adviced I should save cost and do his circumcision when I get back home,the ijebu girl in me jumped for joy as I started calculating how much more shopping I could do with the extra cash...fast forward to a few days a friend of mine told me of the experience she had doing her lil man's own @ 6weeks....my heart couldn't take it...my next doctors appt I paid for it and am glad i did,(i could sleep easy)lo was perfect in a few days.
@petaughter,May God bless your lo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
ucystan:
Pls has anybody flown Royal Air Marco to America before... Nah me buy d ticket oo, but as time don dey reach d flight don dey come fear me. Lol... @Nerf now kukuma made it more scary for me! When I told her she scream and said in her life she never hear anyone way don fly with them before. grin nah where ur sister dey find cheap ticket oo (covers face). I paid a return ticket for 240k from Lagos - new York through travelstart.
Hmm... d flight nah same day flight oo.. leave 19th may in d morning naija time and land 19th may at 6:30pm American time. (I never see that can flight before sha).
Abeg anybody get experience with dis airline.

I come finally see two people wey get d experience.

But I no go tell you the gist till you reach tongue

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
nefertitiram:

I come finally see two people wey get d experience.

But I no go tell you the gist till you reach tongue

Chai... Abeg yarn me nah... I read d reviews they are not encouraging at all...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Petdaughter:
@olokings I'm presently in the US for another 4 weeks. My son is being breastfed and I mentioned that latching was a nightmare for both of us(you wouldn't know cos you are a man). He feeds and sleeps soundly now that he has his tongue tie released. I'm aware it is free in Nigeria but I would have willingly paid $1,000 for both of us to get respite. He wasn't getting enough milk and my boobs were getting very cracked and painful. I'm glad I did it here and wouldn't change that for nothing. My child's comfort is way more important than cutting costs

Well said!!!,i already replied the previous post before reading this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.