Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899468 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 7:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
blaize777:
Abeg who knows list of shopping mall in Houston way no cost ooo very affordable ones for my baby stuff cloth etc and my self and hubi too .

You can try burlington coat factory

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
A better way to go about it is to Google shopping malls that are close to the address you are staying and then check the list of stores.

Please check my posts, i gave Emeriem advice on how to shop for baby things without spending too much. Always make sure u make a list of the items you have bought based on the age else you may end up with a lot of 6 to 9months stuff and barely any 1yr stuff (for exmaple) ..u get my drift?

Infact i ended up buying some outfits twice forgetting that i had bought them in the past, even same crib sheets. Inventory taking is important.

blaize777:
Abeg who knows list of shopping mall in Houston way no cost ooo very affordable ones for my baby stuff cloth etc and my self and hubi too .

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MiddyO(f): 7:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
feddy27:

If your child has a naija passport, you can get one way ticket but if it's a visa, it must be a return ticket

My baby has a Naija visa and his ticket was one way!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by atomwalexy: 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
[quote author=bbaby84 post=44423345]

I agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I have been carrying receipts for over 4 years and I've never been asked (interview, Dropbox, point of entry.... ) but I still carry for the one day they'll ask.

@ bbaby84

I do totally agree with you. Meanwhile I would like you to educate me on how you renewed your visa via dropbox. Did they call you to physically present any documents eg Acct statement or original receipts, or you sent the photocopies with other documents. I want to know because my wife visa which she used for birthing our daughter Jan '15 just expired and we just realized that she's few weeks preggie. She is planning to renew via drop box by April ending. You guidance in this regard is highly appreciated.

Pardon my long epistle. Do please help an expecting daddy. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ify4charm: 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
blaize777:

Burlington coat factory, ross (dress for less), jc penny and kohls, all these have both adult and children. you can also shop online for baby clothes at children's place.com, carters.com, Gymboree.com, crazy8.com or visit their stores. Also try macy's store for adult items you may be surprised at the prices of things on clearance in their stores, just ask for the price check machine to scan items that have been marked down to see the current prices. Burlington and ross are the best for affordable things, the others are based on luck.

This is from my experience in Atlanta but I believe should be applicable in Houston too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
Kai, its pretty difficult searching for info on these threads if you don't know the exact search criteria.

Please anyone that has filled a DS-160 form recently should educate me on how to by-pass the passport photo upload page and submit the application.
Been trying to get my mum's photo for two weeks now but it's difficult at her current location.

Cc ladyguinivere
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
sugah:
Kai, its pretty difficult searching for info on these threads if you don't know the exact search criteria.

Please anyone that has filled a DS-160 form recently should educate me on how to by-pass the passport photo upload page and submit the application.
Been trying to get my mum's photo for two weeks now but it's difficult at her current location.

Is there a new development on the passport upload? The last time I checked, you can submit without uploading your passport and just go to the embassy with your passport on your interview day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
cfcchick:

Sorry that I have to quote this long post, but I totally agree with you let's not over do things.if they need your receipt they will ask for it no need being forward and create unnecessary problems for people behind you.at the moment I'm in America, had my two kids here and this is my 4th trip I have never been asked to show my receipt...so mamas chill don't let's complicate things by being forward ...Thank you all.
Yessoo . For example a few peple started sending notification and it became the law ! If person no send the thing now e go be problem
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
ozycy:

Is there a new development on the passport upload? The last time I checked, you can submit without uploading your passport and just go to the embassy with your passport on your interview day.

My dear, this seems new o. At least last I filled was last year and I did not 'have' to upload a pix.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
I filled it recently and it requested for passport, just get a digital passport of the size with white background, it will accept it at once. I used phone to snap the once i did and get it resized to the perfect sized and it went through at at once.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
sugah:

Cc ladyguinivere
Lol . U copy me well cos I just filled mine yesterday foor renewal. 2 options
1. You can upload any rubbish pix/ passport. The system will reject it and ul see the option to proceed without uploading passport and u click on ir and continue.

2. You can do what I did. I snapped my passport with my phone. Sent it to my email with my bb. I chose the option to reduce the size of the pix to small ( cos the photo cropping tool didn't work on my phone) with the reduction in size, the passport was able to upload into the ds 160.

You can send the passport to me and I'll help u reduce the size in my local way cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
[quote author=atomwalexy post=44436896][/quote]

@atomwalexy (this your name sef cheesy)
All you need for drop box are the documents listed in the dropbox confirmation page. This does not change despite the fact that u guys birthed in the US.
The documents are 1. DS 160 confirmtion page
2. Dropbox confirmation page.
3. International passport
4. 1 passport pix
4. Gtb reciept

Now if the embassy need further info from you, they will call you. That's when youl carry aall your what what and give to them (if you are summoned)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bbaby84(f): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
[quote author=atomwalexy post=44436896][/quote]

Hi....
Dropbox is quite straightforward. You fill in your form (DS 160) and upload your passport photo online.
Go to www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ to book an appointment.
Log in or create a profile, fill in all details and choose Dropbox ( DHL one on the mainland and one on the island)
Print out the forms and submit along with your passport at DHL (I used VI )

You're not allowed to submit any other document other than passport, passport photograph confirmation page and visa payment receipts.

Read through and follow the instructions on the website step by step in case I missed out anything.

If they need you to come for an interview, you'll be contacted via phone call or email. Then you can take your receipts and burden of proof.

Hope this helps?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Lol . U copy me well cos I just filled mine yesterday foor renewal. 2 options

Mehn ladyG idi three much!
I did option 1 and finally submitted the application after almost 3weeks!!!

I owe you one carton of crystal grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Dabira19:
Good evening,mummies n daddies. I have read thru from Page 1-4, hence need assistance. Pls I need an hospital in Houston that does VBAC. I opted for Houston so that i don't v too many connecting flights as ds is my 1st time n I'm going wt my toddler. Saw some hsptls dat were stated n when I got in touch they said, they don't. Pls kindly assist.
Thanks all for the info posted so far, it really helped me. God bless.

You may try doctors in Atlanta too, it's a direct flight with delta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
sugah:

Mehn ladyG idi three much!
I did option 1 and finally submitted the application after almost 3weeks!!!

I owe you one carton of crystal grin
3 weeks?! Na wa !
I de wait the crystal biko cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
blaize777:

Try burlington, Ross, Children's place
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
Dabira19:
Good evening,mummies n daddies. I have read thru from Page 1-4, hence need assistance. Pls I need an hospital in Houston that does VBAC. I opted for Houston so that i don't v too many connecting flights as ds is my 1st time n I'm going wt my toddler. Saw some hsptls dat were stated n when I got in touch they said, they don't. Pls kindly assist.
Thanks all for the info posted so far, it really helped me. God bless.

Atlanta too has no connecting flight. U may want to reach out 2 some of dia doctors.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hello everyone, please how do I book accommodation(hotel or apartment ) in elpaso without making a deposit. The ones I called are requesting for payment with credit card.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
greeneophyte:
Good day people,

I have gone through some of the pages in this thread and the previous one.Please I would appreciate some experienced counsels.

My wife is currently in Dallas to give birth. She is 36 weeks. We couldn't secure PTA before she travelled. Now, we will love to use the form A to pay for her bills, but all the hospitals we've spoken to do not accept wire transfer (form A) for payment. Please I would really appreciate any advise on a Dallas hospital that will do form A. This is especially urgent as she is really advanced at 36 wks

Meanwhile, someone gave us an OB package for JPS hospital in Dallas which requires us to processs temporary Tarrant county ID for her. Has anyone used this before? Does this translate to using the US govt funding? I really want to be sure so we dont get to speak long grammer in the future.

Thanks for the good work here. It really is commendable.

Did you ask why she needed to be given a temporary County ID when she is simply a visitor? Somebody may be trying to pass your wife off as a resident to qualify for certain benefits reserved only for tax paying citizens and permanent residents. Better ask questions before you inadvertently enjoy a forbidden fruit.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
Got a quote from Dr Lawrence S.Pierce of Mckinney Ob-Gyn for Obstetric care VD- $3,100, CS- $3,650.
Assistant Surgeon- $500

This is all the info they sent to me. They indicated that this does not reflect hospital charges.

So I responded asking for hospitals he is affliated with so I can contact them for cost bla bla bla but they are yet to respond.

Is this a fair cost? I also asked if this is inclusive of lab, anesthesia and pediatrician(I hope I am not asking for too much) but still awaiting the respond.

Any advice on this so far pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hello everyone,
How are you all doing?
I would like to ask a few questions
1) my hubby wouldn't be coming with me for childbirth.... Can he scan the form ( the consent form signed in front of the US notary) to me via email or must he send it through DHL/ fedex
2) I intend to get a Nigerian visa on the blue Pali, I read through the thread and saw a "Tanko". Please who is Tanko? Must I use him? I would be giving birth in Alaska, is Tanko my best option or can I just do it myself?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Petdaughter: 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hi Guys, I noticed my son has "tongue tie" (pls google it) right from the delivery room. He wasn't latching well to breastfeed and it was really painful for me. I showed the pediatrician and he did a simple procedure to remove it, cost me $350. The Dr. was really happy that I was observant and spotted it. After the child is about 6months, it becomes a more serious surgery requiring anesthesia. I thank God it went well.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
Kemo88:
Hello everyone,
How are you all doing?
1) my hubby wouldn't be coming with me for childbirth.... Can he scan the form ( the consent form signed in front of the US notary) to me via email or must he send it through DHL/ fedex
2) I intend to get a Nigerian visa on the blue Pali, I read through the thread and saw a "Tanko". Please who is Tanko? Must I use him? I would be giving birth in Alaska, is Tanko my best option or can I just do it myself?

Kemo! U still de on top ds Alaska P?

U knw we are plenty queuing behind you for this Alaska! Wats d gist?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
tbaby123:
Wow.
It wasn't easy reading through, the speed at which I was reading just to catch up with part 4 run, even my driving limit no reach am, to think am still single neither am I preggers grin grin
Nice to be back here though
Justwise I hail o cheesy

grin grin

I hail you too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
mrsbw:
Hello all...please I got an infant ticket for my baby on Delta. The ticket is one-way. I intend getting a naija visa on her passport. However, noticed on the first page that justwise posted that if the travel doc is an intl passport, it should be a return ticket. Is this correct?

I think it depends on the airline

I used British airways and Klm/ Airfrance for baby 1&2

Never got the Naij passport and I bought one way ticket in both instances

Cc feddy27

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
Petdaughter:
Hi Guys, I noticed my son has "tongue tie" (pls google it) right from the delivery room. He wasn't latching well to breastfeed and it was really painful for me. I showed the pediatrician and he did a simple procedure to remove it, cost me $350. The Dr. was really happy that I was observant and spotted it. After the child is about 6months, it becomes a more serious surgery requiring anesthesia. I thank God it went well.
Ahh thank God o! Congrats again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 10:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
Kemo88:
Hello everyone,
How are you all doing?

Scan copies not acceptable for U.S passport. Original form Must be sent via courier to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 10:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
Maggie0133:
Hello everyone, please how do I book accommodation(hotel or apartment ) in elpaso without making a deposit. The ones I called are requesting for payment with credit card.

Intown Suites accepts reservations without deposit in El Paso, TX.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sege2016: 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
hello guys ,the medium have been very helpful my wife traveled on emirate on sat to CA have our second Baby ,got our PTA from stanbic 4KUSD.Mr Femi was helpful.She got to the POE she was asked just 2 questions .What she came for and what shes doing in Naija .she got stamped in 6months

Thanks to everyone u guys Rock

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
Maggie0133:

You can try to find something on booking.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
Please can anyone tell the transportation cost from IAH to Soulcare. Trying to go for a good deal pls. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.