Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (904402 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Correct1: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
firsttymum:

Covers face..
Do u guys have visas already

Prayer point 1
Dollar must come down
Pray point 2
We must find cheaper hospitals
Hahaha! I don't have visa yet, we want to apply as a family for vacation and medical in August. I am already communicating with Dr Amajoh of Houston Methodist or do you know any better one..... God help us!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
Has anyone been refused recently in Lag?just thought to ask too many ladies are getting refused in Abuja these days dunno what exactly the issues that are coming up are. in all the trend i see is most of these folks applied for renewal in Abuja: had their previous Visas issued before pregnancy kicked for some it took like a whole year before o.And were asked at the first interview if they intended to go for medicals and said no... Of course without knowing if or not pregnancy would come up much later (as in up to another 12 months)...
Also most of these people stayed over a month after delivery in the US.
I may be hopelessly wrong but my little knowledge and okpolo eyes tell me its a trend for sure!!!
So folks be careful o if you've been issued before belle, take extra precaution, do your thing sharply and return home. Then add another icing by travelling again before that Visa expires.
Just my thoughts . Have a nice day all. Lag peoples lets here from you PM me if you want. i need get my Visa back soon.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
firsttymum:
congratulations dear.

Change of intent doesn't work for everyone... It's always better and safer to use the visa for the intended purpose...

Yea but I will advice that u still write notification of intent even after using it for intended purpose bcus believe me that shit saves life mehn.... my friend that just came in last week was asked for it even after using d visa for intended purpose. So d thing is that there's no yes or no answer to it. I will advice u just have it in case of necessities bcus it all depends on the Cbp u meet.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
Correct1:

Hahaha! I don't have visa yet, we want to apply as a family for vacation and medical in August. I am already communicating with Dr Amajoh of Houston Methodist or do you know any better one..... God help us!
For now nope... But my fingers are crossed...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
ucystan:

Yea but I will advice that u still write notification of intent even after using it for intended purpose bcus believe me that shit saves life mehn.... my friend that just came in last week was asked for it even after using d visa for intended purpose. So d thing is that there's no yes or no answer to it. I will advice u just have it in case of necessities bcus it all depends on the Cbp u meet.

Thank God u said notification of intent. I had my notification of intent even though I had used the visa for vacation as intended.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ohh dollar where art thou? You are urgently needed o.

Ehhmm... Why can't all these pple with loads of dollar in their soakaway/house bring it out now??

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jaykinde: 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=46750487] I bought travelstart flexible ticket and I had no regrets... Adding infant ticket wasn't an issue... They were more than helpful when lufthansa didn't fly me... [/quote

Please why didn't lufthanks Fly you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jaykinde: 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=46750487] I bought travelstart flexible ticket and I had no regrets... Adding infant ticket wasn't an issue... They were more than helpful when lufthansa didn't fly me... [/quote

Please why didn't lufthansa Fly you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
firsttymum:

shocked shocked
Erm like the name implies nanny services...
Who is a nanny?

According to Google
A nanny, childminder, child care provider, or mother's helper (the last designation not to be confused with the slang term "mother's little helper," denoting a tranquilizer pill) is an individual who provides care for one or more children in a family as a service.

So there nanny services is the service the nanny provides.

For example ; If u going with an infant or toddler alone... And u r in labor this service will come in handy if u don't have anyone to take care of ur child.

Furthermore
If u r applying with ur child and u r using and extended stay or bla bla ( that is not staying with anyone) ofcourse questions like who's gonna take of ur child will come up... Therefore budget for it shld show that.

grin grin

@firsttymum tnx alot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hello everyone,
Nerf abeg check ur inbox. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
mrsbw:
Guys, please lets be wary of telling even little lies at the POE
Chai, nawaa ooo
Did they cancel her visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
I checked earlier today and I saw 1.4M I thought I was seeing double! My colleague bought on Friday for 300k so I'm shocked. Even Arik sef is almost 500k. Na wa o!

feddy27:
Eyyy!!!!!!!!! what is happening to ticket prices?

Tickets i saw on emirates lat week for 393k is now NGN 1,025,098 !!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

What is goin on o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
You can't walk into the bank and buy..
You have to a valid reason to buy dollar eg form M(import/export) or form A(sch fees etc). How it works is, you apply and then the bank bids for you at CBN. If the price you quote is within the bid win rate for that day,you application will pull thru. If not,you have to bid again the next day. Just the way treasury bills works. For now,they are trying to clear the backlog of FX trxn so form A for medical is on hold. PTA too. All info according to my bank(UBA).

evemama:
What does this mean bankers? Can I walk into any bank and get d dollar for this amount? Abeg how does this translate to me?

Also heard from one banker that cbn has stopped form A for medical. Is this true?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
@Nerf, pls how did you go about this? Pls enlighten us. Thanks.

nefertitiram:

Yes I have. When I went for visa renewal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by similoluwa1: 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
Good day all,

Thanks for your response
pls i have some clarifications.

I got my visa before getting pregnant,we were to go for honeymoon in Miami and i was to go for vacation just holiday but my leave was cancelled cos i cannot go for leave and maternity leave in the same financial year. Though hubby traveled without me to another destination and he was not questioned about it.

Our initial destination was Miami, now am going to houston for child birth, though i have sent a change of intent and change of destination to the embassy and they replied.

What is the implication of this situation at the POE and future visa renewals?

should i be worried?

Pls help with advises n responses to calm my racing heart beat.

Ese
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
Lol... just seeing this. Thanks.

nefertitiram:

Went to renew.

They called me for interview

I went

They asked for receipts. Gave them. She took it, went thru it, took it in, brought it out. Typed and typed. Then returned it.

There you go. I don submit receipt
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
isysleek:
I checked earlier today and I saw 1.4M I thought I was seeing double! My colleague bought on Friday for 300k so I'm shocked. Even Arik sef is almost 500k. Na wa o!

I had book on hold for 393k dat expired on sat, ws hopin to do anoda one yesterday wen some1 mentioned sometin like dat here. I quickly went to dia site and woah! 1.4M!!! If u see d way I screamed in d office ehn, tears jst started rollin down my cheeks...lol. Nigerian economy is over to God o! Turkish was 359k ytaday, today is 468k! I tire jor! Dis journey is over to God jare

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
It is well o!

feddy27:

I had book on hold for 393k dat expired on sat, ws hopin to do anoda one yesterday wen some1 mentioned sometin like dat here. I quickly went to dia site and woah! 1.4M!!! If u see d way I screamed in d office ehn, tears jst started rollin down my cheeks...lol. Nigerian economy is over to God o! Turkish was 359k ytaday, today is 468k! I tire jor! Dis journey is over to God jare
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
feddy27:

m

Make a reservation now and put it on hold. I reserved emirate on Friday But couldn't pay. I reserved it for 298k on thier website and on Saturday same ticket was 897k.
I used a fake name to reserve it cos I was trying to get the price 1st before making payment. I was now ready to pay and called them to change it to my dads name, the guy said I can't change d name again . Na so I loose the ticket.Very rude guy. I called thier Dubai customer care.
I went to Qatar website and reserved on sat for 292k and paid yesterday for it. The sane ticket in Qatar is 400k today
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
Udiboy:
m

Make a reservation now and put it on hold. I reserved emirate on Friday But couldn't pay. I reserved it for 298k on thier website and on Saturday same ticket was 897k.
I used a fake name to reserve it cos I was trying to get the price 1st before making payment. I was now ready to pay and called them to change it to my dads name, the guy said I can't change d name again . Na so I loose the ticket.Very rude guy. I called thier Dubai customer care.
I went to Qatar website and reserved on sat for 292k and paid yesterday for it. The sane ticket in Qatar is 400k today

I just checked Qatar now, 501,402naira
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mrsbw: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
ozycy:

Chai, nawaa ooo
Did they cancel her visa?

I didn't ask oh

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
Please who has done form A to pay either oakbend or method and how did u go about it?

Please help me out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by abbeykun: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2016
feddy27:

I just checked Qatar now, 501,402naira

That's expected cos the current rate is 283. Same/ similar to other airlines.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by abbeykun: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
Udiboy:
m

It's still the same amount in dols... you noticed the change cos of the new policy. So, current rate as at early today was 283... May reduce/ increase tomorrow though... Same applies for other airlines too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ai100: 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2016
That POE is very strict, shared my experience the CBP have time to drill you.

please avoid ETIHAD/ABU DHABI POE

mrsbw:
Guys, please lets be wary of telling even little lies at the POE. A colleague's wife was sent back from Etihad POE on sunday for lying that she did not know anyone in the US when asked. She was told to put on her phone and the last dialled no was a yankee no, who they later found out was her distant relative; and she was turned back.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Onlineise(m): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
@All,

Below is a little experiment for the true hustlers:

For same Depart and Return Dates.....

Emirates Airline: LOS - JFK = N1,200,000.00

Emirates Airline: ACC - JFK = N580,000.00

Meanwhile in other NEWS!

ARIK Airline: LOS - ACC = N78,500

GIG Bus: JIBOWU - GH Park = N25,000

Leg Is Faster Than Bus: Seme Border - GH Park = FREE grin grin

Save your money...fly, bus or trek to Ghana, and fly via ACC to your destination.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
Has anyone carried dried or frozen snails before to US?
Must one grind the ogbono and egusi?
I don't like grinded egusi after some time. I feel it gets stale easily.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 7:18pm On Jun 21, 2016
[quote author=jaykinde post=46784994][/quote]

Bif o... Because of 1 ugly looking badly made up squirrel ooo....

She said NCAA cut off is 28 weeks... Bla bla bla... I showed her lufthansa own and she said she's following NCAA own. She took my phone upstairs and came back.. Then said counter has closed... See gobe...

Very jealous flat assed incompetent dull head girl.

The next day I started making calls.. Travel start really helped o. Lufthansa said it's not their policy... So I went to NCAA at d airport and they said they didn't make such rules, I shld file a report and Sue...

Thereafter I saw the naija lufthansa manager who apologized and put me on the next plane.

The ugly ass basket brain zombie disappeared when I was checking in..my sisters were ready for her

Silly chicken legs old hag .. Mscheew

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
isysleek:

Kikikikikikiki! I saw 1.17m to Houston, I went back to bed. Looked like a horrible dream

If you are going to London, try medview. Their eye never open yet

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
babyokujide:
Hello everyone,
Nerf abeg check ur inbox. Thanks

Aunty. I've responded o! Sent u a snapshot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
MadameU:
Has anyone been refused recently in Lag?just thought to ask too many ladies are getting refused in Abuja these days dunno what exactly the issues that are coming up are. in all the trend i see is most of these folks applied for renewal in Abuja: had their previous Visas issued before pregnancy kicked for some it took like a whole year before o.And were asked at the first interview if they intended to go for medicals and said no... Of course without knowing if or not pregnancy would come up much later (as in up to another 12 months)...
Also most of these people stayed over a month after delivery in the US.
I may be hopelessly wrong but my little knowledge and okpolo eyes tell me its a trend for sure!!!
So folks be careful o if you've been issued before belle, take extra precaution, do your thing sharply and return home. Then add another icing by travelling again before that Visa expires.
Just my thoughts . Have a nice day all. Lag peoples lets here from you PM me if you want. i need get my Visa back soon.

Hummnn... I think using the visa multiple times b4 delivery too gives you immunity from this wahala. but in this economic situation... hian
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2016
similoluwa1:
Good day all,

Thanks for your response
pls i have some clarifications.

I got my visa before getting pregnant,we were to go for honeymoon in Miami and i was to go for vacation just holiday but my leave was cancelled cos i cannot go for leave and maternity leave in the same financial year. Though hubby traveled without me to another destination and he was not questioned about it.

Our initial destination was Miami, now am going to houston for child birth, though i have sent a change of intent and change of destination to the embassy and they replied.

What is the implication of this situation at the POE and future visa renewals?

should i be worried?

Pls help with advises n responses to calm my racing heart beat.

Ese

Be afraid... Be very afraid!

Lolz.

1ay out is to use d visa to visit yankee for a few days. Dunno how that is feasible anymore. US is now luxury with the 1.7m for ticket we r seeing everywhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.