Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,363 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900591 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
firsttymum:

Bif o... Because of 1 ugly looking badly made up squirrel ooo....

She said NCAA cut off is 28 weeks... Bla bla bla... I showed her lufthansa own and she said she's following NCAA own. She took my phone upstairs and came back.. Then said counter has closed... See gobe...

Very jealous flat assed incompetent dull head girl.

The next day I started making calls.. Travel start really helped o. Lufthansa said it's not their policy... So I went to NCAA at d airport and they said they didn't make such rules, I shld file a report and Sue...

Thereafter I saw the naija lufthansa manager who apologized and put me on the next plane.

The ugly ass basket brain zombie disappeared when I was checking in..my sisters were ready for her

Silly chicken legs old hag .. Mscheew

You should av taken a pix to shame her here! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
Has anyone carried dried or frozen snails before to US?
Must one grind the ogbono and egusi?
I don't like grinded egusi after some time. I feel it gets stale easily.

Talk nau!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
Can we get form A and PTA from Ghana too?

Onlineise:
@All,

Below is a little experiment for the true hustlers:

For same Depart and Return Dates.....

Emirates Airline: LOS - JFK = N1,200,000.00

Emirates Airline: ACC - JFK = N580,000.00

Meanwhile in other NEWS!

ARIK Airline: LOS - ACC = N78,500

GIG Bus: JIBOWU - GH Park = N25,000

Leg Is Faster Than Bus: Seme Border - GH Park = FREE grin grin

Save your money...fly, bus or trek to Ghana, and fly via ACC to your destination.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
XX01:

I know but i am hedging against forex fluctuations. I know that government will soon introduce flexible exchange rate which is just a fancy way of pegging the rate at 285 to a dollar. I thought of the risk of waiting till September versus buying now. I got Emirates at 329k. The risk seemed too high for me to take as forex is so volatile.

As for PTA, i can get some from my husband's bank now as per staff. Mine will wait till next quarter but you need a ticket to buy it so speed is everything.

You are a wise woman grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
Udiboy:

I carried fried snails ... Mixed it with dry pepper as long as it's not live
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2016
Udiboy:

Talk nau!!
u can try and comman give is story...
Carry small grounded one tho....

My advice carry grounded one. Put it in the fridge... It remains fresh. I also don't like Stale Egusi... Over time I've learned storing it in d fridge leaves it fresh. Same thing with my Ogbono sef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
nefertitiram:

You should av taken a pix to shame her here! grin
wish I did...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifax(f): 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
Onlineise:
@All,

Below is a little experiment for the true hustlers:

For same Depart and Return Dates.....

Emirates Airline: LOS - JFK = N1,200,000.00

Emirates Airline: ACC - JFK = N580,000.00

Meanwhile in other NEWS!

ARIK Airline: LOS - ACC = N78,500

GIG Bus: JIBOWU - GH Park = N25,000

Leg Is Faster Than Bus: Seme Border - GH Park = FREE grin grin

Save your money...fly, bus or trek to Ghana, and fly via ACC to your destination.

Better yet, if u can get egypt multiple entry visa, u can fly business class from cairo for same amount as economy from accra cool

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
firsttymum:
u can try and comman give is story...
Carry small grounded one tho....

My advice carry grounded one. Put it in the fridge... It remains fresh. I also don't like Stale Egusi... Over time I've learned storing it in d fridge leaves it fresh. Same thing with my Ogbono sef

Lol@ come and give you story !
I am here looking for stories from people that have carried unground Abi ungrounded Abi Na ungrinded egusi

I will grind ogbono for sure but don't want it for egusi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Mumtwins08:

I carried fried snails ... Mixed it with dry pepper as long as it's not live

You sef like sweet things.
Did you freeze it or just fried and packaged?
Did anyone harass you or you tied it in a black polythene?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
Spakuls:
I just lost a friend to childbirth....I can't sleep..I talked to her Last week she got married in April,I went for her wedding,my fiancé asked about her yesterday I said she's fine.....that the baby is popping soon....didn't know she was battling for her life....mother n child gone
So to tha person that was asking why people go abroad to have their babies,this is why...
RIP Nma I Love you
May her soul and the baby's rest in peace in Jesus name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
Udiboy:

You sef like sweet things.
Did you freeze it or just fried and packaged?
Did anyone harass you or you tied it in a black polythene?
Fried it the day I was recalling ... Tied it in 3 different nylon and declared it . No one harassed me .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks, I applied for form A from UBA. Was told medical has been stopped for now. I didn't really believe cos I don't trust them again since I didn't get pta from them before I travelled.
Its well hopefully I will get this form A eventually. God help nigeria.

Tquote author=isysleek post=46788244]You can't walk into the bank and buy..
You have to a valid reason to buy dollar eg form M(import/export) or form A(sch fees etc). How it works is, you apply and then the bank bids for you at CBN. If the price you quote is within the bid win rate for that day,you application will pull thru. If not,you have to bid again the next day. Just the way treasury bills works. For now,they are trying to clear the backlog of FX trxn so form A for medical is on hold. PTA too. All info according to my bank(UBA).

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2016
I carried my snails fried in a ziplock bag. Egusi n ogbono was grinded. But u can also carry ungrinded cos that how my mum brought in her own.

uote author=Udiboy post=46792853]Has anyone carried dried or frozen snails before to US?

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 12:11am On Jun 22, 2016
evemama:

I carried my snails fried in a ziplock bag. Egusi n ogbono was grinded. But u can also carry ungrinded cos that how my mum brought in her own.

uote author=Udiboy post=46792853]Has anyone carried dried or frozen snails before to US?

Thank you.
I can't risk having my egusi confiscated so just wanted to be sure.
I hope my snails will arrive safely too
Airline is Qatar airways and I hope they are not so strict with food
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 12:12am On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=Mumtwins08 post=46798042]
Fried it the day I was recalling ... Tied it in 3 different nylon and declared it . No one harassed me . [/quote

Enjoyment mama
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 8:04am On Jun 22, 2016
@onlineise, this Ghana idea is not bad o! Checking it out now.... price is about 496k, dat means dis freaking price increase is just in naija...God help us!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 8:24am On Jun 22, 2016
sugah:

You are a wise woman grin grin grin grin

I wasn't fast enough. Couldn't process the form A on time and it was my fault. I hadn't quite decided what hospital to use. By the time, I made up my mind, it was too late. Will check ticket prices around August/September to see if I made a gain or a loss. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by asikiye: 8:47am On Jun 22, 2016
Harjeehbaday:

Travelstart is safe and okay, got my ticket there...

Please stay away from travelstart. i bought my united ticket from them. United has since refunded my money to them but theyhave refused to release my money to me. Send them emails, they dont respond. Call them, they cannot be reached. Wakanow is the best bet when it comes to these issues and they are even cheaper than travelstart. Even if its Dangote who has a seaload of money, i will still tell him to look elsewhere. I will go to their office soon and rake for them.

STAY AWAY FROM TRAVELSTART.COM.NG

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lovylovy: 9:08am On Jun 22, 2016
Helo mother's in the house, I am new commer here and has been following from today.
Please can I be advised on possibility of birthing in US with $7500 budget including all expenses.
I am due in Feb 2017, and want to be prepared ahead.

What is the possibility of pairing with someone for accommodation, because I will like to go with my daughter of 3yrs.
Will appreciate all feedback and info. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2016
asikiye:

Please stay away from travelstart. i bought my united ticket from them. United has since refunded my money to them but theyhave refused to release my money to me. Send them emails, they dont respond. Call them, they cannot be reached. Wakanow is the best bet when it comes to these issues and they are even cheaper than travelstart. Even if its Dangote who has a seaload of money, i will still tell him to look elsewhere. I will go to their office soon and rake for them.

WAKANOW is not any better,i have had my bitter experience with them.Stay away from agents

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 9:23am On Jun 22, 2016
lovylovy:
Helo mother's in the house, I am new commer here and has been following from today.
Please can I be advised on possibility of birthing in US with $7500 budget including all expenses.

What is the possibility of pairing with someone for accommodation, because I will like to go with my daughter of 3yrs.

It would be better u look for hospital,doctor in the state you wish to birth,then begin to do an estimate of other expenses, like transport,baby's document,tickets,feeding and accommodation to mention a few.Then you'll be able to make a feasible decision yourself. Your can also look up people's budget sheet using the search button.
IMO: U need ATLEAST double that amount,considering you are even going with an infant.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by asikiye: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2016
Please take your time and study the thread. It's quite long but by the time you are done, u will have answers to all your questions.
lovylovy:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bigfido: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2016
asikiye:

it is BOLDLY written on their website what their return policy is before making your booking. I don't think knocking someone's hustle because of your lapses is a great thing. they have stated conditions for returning payment if you have to cancel your flight or there is a cancellation from your operator. if you read it and you are not cool with it, why did you go ahead to book with them? same applies to wakanow.

It's cheaper to book with travelstart if you will be changing your flight dates if you paid for changes than buying a flexible tickets from the airline. they have their advantages and disadvantages.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 22, 2016
quin9:

WAKANOW is not any better,i have had my bitter experience with them.Stay away from agents
wakanow once gave me 165k to change dates, I laugh tire later they called and said they've seen 150k for the same dates, later again they said 105k, even fresh ticket was 150k just imagine, they are all same abeg

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 10:00am On Jun 22, 2016
XX01:

I wasn't fast enough. Couldn't process the form A on time and it was my fault. I hadn't quite decided what hospital to use. By the time, I made up my mind, it was too late. Will check ticket prices around August/September to see if I made a gain or a loss. grin
Ouch!

Hopefully by then the dollar would have settled sha and summer over.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by eribooboo: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2016
hello mamas...well done with d good works u are all doin,God bless u all n may all ur efforts n endeavors be alwys fruitful.

please I have a simple question to ask....planning to apply for visa next month(july) for childbirth trip in Dec, is it too early or I shld wait a bit more before applying?

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Akorkor(f): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2016
Good morning all oh,

@justwise, sabi brothers and sisters, uncles and aunties that have been doing great job on this thread... God bless una brain o.
This is my first time of posting on this thread and i have a lot of questions.

Firstly, i work in Ghana, and working as a diplomat there. Also, my hubby is based in Nigeria and the reason why am saying this is because of my request. We want to give birth to our child in U.S and my EDD is December but we havent done the visa yet.

So we want to use Ghana U.S embassy and i will like to know if the question asked in Nigeria U.S embassy is the same and if the document requisition will also be the same.

Thank you for your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by boldbabe: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2016
eribooboo:
hello mamas...well done with d good works u are all doin,God bless u all n may all ur efforts n endeavors be alwys fruitful.

please I have a simple question to ask....planning to apply for visa next month(july) for childbirth trip in Dec, is it too early or I shld wait a bit more before applying?

thanks

The earlier you apply for your visa, the better for you so that you can prepare adequately for your trip.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2016
Akorkor:
Good morning all oh,

@justwise, sabi brothers and sisters, uncles and aunties that have been doing great job on this thread... God bless una brain o.
This is my first time of posting on this thread and i have a lot of questions.

Firstly, i work in Ghana, and working as a diplomat there. Also, my hubby is based in Nigeria and the reason why am saying this is because of my request. We want to give birth to our child in U.S and my EDD is December but we havent done the visa yet.

So we want to use Ghana U.S embassy and i will like to know if the question asked in Nigeria U.S embassy is the same and if the document requisition will also be the same.

Thank you for your response
Yes it is. They may have more time to scrutinize though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
It is highly unlikely that a budget of $7500 dollars will be adequate.

Lets say you get a cheap hospital and you have an uncomplicated vaginal delivery and then all your bills come to 5k....

Accommodation depending on where you go will cost from 1,000 to infinity...actually 2k is more of a decent budget. Then you are left with 0.5k. Does this budget include tickets for two people....we don't know what the dollar rate will be then but February is usually one of the cheapest months of the year.

You need to factor in feeding for 8 to 11 weeks, transport costs, baby documentation (maybe about 0.5k), then shopping for both your new born and the 3yr old child.

Like someone else said, a budget of USD 15k is more realistic, at best, you will need at least 12k and that's with prayers that you do not experience any complications.

lovylovy:

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.