Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,740 members, 7,851,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (907459 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
topefola1:
Hii @fed..dy27, Hope this won't bother you too much. Abeg I saw some nice posts from @X..X01 and @Ap..ple19 about Dallas delivery.
Please could you be kind enough to explain how I can DM them? Been searching for the option but to no avail.
Thanks

B4 u start sending DM's, go through their post. you can put their names in the search engine, click on it, then click on "view apple19's post'. You will see where she shared the name of the hospital she used. Google the hospital, get their contact number and call them . Ask them for their OB package for self pay patients. also put the name of the hospital in the search bar to see others that uswed it and get more info.

To send DM, click on the person's name. It takes you to the person's profile, then click on "send email message to ....". a message box will come up that u can't edit, click send. If the person replies, then you can start communicating with him/her.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
Tyrah1:
Hello my able mamas n papas in house please i need urgent answer @just-wise@firstly mum @KayLa @nefty @feddy n all please need to schedule an appointment n the date I am seeing here is Wednesday 21st of September n my appointment with the doctor is 29th of September n u know it takes 3 working days to process the visa which is 26th of September will it be possible cos u know this pple are psychologist hope the won't think I can't meet up. Please help a sister

you can call your doctor to reschedule your appointment if you are not due soon. Or you can keep refreshing the appointment page maybe midnight to see if there will be any close available date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

With fear and trembling o! cheesy

Lol.. I tell you cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
Millzyte:
Hello everyone!!

I feel great been here and i have really read a lot...thank you so much.
Please i really do need someone to guide me in my quest to deliver abroad.../(Houston Texas)

Firstly, i am a first time mum, and i applied for a visa for the first time in june this year and had my interview on 3rd of july i think but was refused.. my bump wasn't visible as at when i went, but i told them i was going on vacation to spend time with my brother who is in US navy before his 9month deployment but was refused... our intention was to give birth there if i had gotten it.

I just re-applied and want the interview to be in Lagos this time because my first was in ABJ and i got early september.....but the thing is my bump is very obvious and can't be concealed... i asked someone assisting me and he said i would have to conceal it otherwise it would contradict with my first application.... i am really confused.... can someone please help me and guide me on what to do.... and the steps....Thank you @justwise @firstymum and all please help a sister. God bless
The person that is advicin you is either ill informed or does not like you.
The advice you seek is the reason this thread was created but na do it yourself thread sha.
Your concerns have been dealt with in page zero of this thread. The very ist post is by justwise. Read it...
As for contradiction, yes you will but that's your best course of action. It is better to straighten your path now than be deported. Grab a pen and paper. Read. Gather your arsenal and ask for clarifications if need be

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
Millzyte:
Hello everyone!!

I feel great been here and i have really read a lot...thank you so much.
Please i really do need someone to guide me in my quest to deliver abroad.../(Houston Texas)

Firstly, i am a first time mum, and i applied for a visa for the first time in june this year and had my interview on 3rd of july i think but was refused.. my bump wasn't visible as at when i went, but i told them i was going on vacation to spend time with my brother who is in US navy before his 9month deployment but was refused... our intention was to give birth there if i had gotten it.

I just re-applied and want the interview to be in Lagos this time because my first was in ABJ and i got early september.....but the thing is my bump is very obvious and can't be concealed... i asked someone assisting me and he said i would have to conceal it otherwise it would contradict with my first application.... i am really confused.... can someone please help me and guide me on what to do.... and the steps....Thank you @justwise @firstymum and all please help a sister. God bless

You made a mistake at first but there is redemption. Please post your interview transcript so advise being sought can be very good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
Access Bank consummated PTA for someone today at N338/USD. They don't give cash but Travel Card, loaded with the USD purchased.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2016
@LadyG @feddy please help a sis on my previous post abeg ejor
feddy27:

Lol.. I tell you cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
My sis I am due 1st week in November
ozycy:

you can call your doctor to reschedule your appointment if you are not due soon. Or you can keep refreshing the appointment page maybe midnight to see if there will be any close available date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
Tyrah1:

Ozycy has given you the best answer. I've got nothing else to add
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmytee1(f): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
lobus:
Access Bank consummated PTA for someone today at N338/USD. They don't give cash but Travel Card, loaded with the USD purchased.
That's good o, this PTA is giving me sleepless night.
Wish i bought from black market in june when the rate dropped to 330.
To source dollars from bank is like searching for gold
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
nita2013, i sight you smiley

hw are you sis?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
feddy27:

Book your return flight and buy inter city flight tickets for your local waka. You might have issues with a one way ticket at the POE

But what if am leaving from the city I visited.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2016
feddy27:

Book your return flight and buy inter city flight tickets for your local waka. You might have issues with a one way ticket at the POE

But what if am leaving from the city I visited?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
nefertitiram:

One way tickets are more expensive.

And One way tickets will increase your chances of deportation from POE as there is no proof thet you will return to your home country.

Now what you should do is book a multiple destination ticket so that you can enter from one city and return from the city of your choice but make sure you have a return ticket

ok, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
XX01:

You can book a multi-city ticket. Meaning you arrive at one location but leave from another location. E.g Lagos to Houston, JFK to Lagos. Same ticket.

ok, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
I think someone mentioned this a few pages back but the people asking for ETC contact missed it.
ETC (as most other things like invitation letter and change of intent letter) has been abused hence the embassy has suspended the issuance to minors. If you are leaving the US in the next couple of weeks your options are either a Nigerian passport, Nigerian Visa or visa on Arrival for your child.

Cc graciie phabulouschy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
@adycatus, pls does the cost u listed below includes with or without using an agent?
adycatus:

Visa fee is $180 to innovate 1, $30 to Nig Embassy and $85 for Expidited
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
thank you for the info
sugah:
I think someone mentioned this a few pages back but the people asking for ETC contact missed it.
ETC (as most other things like invitation letter and change of intent letter) has been abused hence the embassy has suspended the issuance to minors. If you are leaving the US in the next couple of weeks your options are either a Nigerian passport, Nigerian Visa or visa on Arrival for your child.

Cc graciie phabulouschy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
Tyrah1:
Read up. Feddy answered u. U have to research by yasef she said.
She also answered u on procedure to pm after readin their posts ist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
TOKNOW:

But what if am leaving from the city I visited?

You can ask your travel agent to book multiple destinations that way you arrive and depart from different cities
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
Tyrah1:
Hello my able mamas n papas in house please i need urgent answer @justwise @firstymum @KayLayChi @nefty @feddy @LadyG n all please need to schedule an appointment n the date I am seeing here is Wednesday 21st of September n my appointment with the doctor is 29th of September n u know it takes 3 working days to process the visa which is 26th of September will it be possible cos u know this pple are psychologist hope the won't think I can't meet up. Please help a sister

LadyGuinivere:

Read up. Feddy answered u. U have to research by yasef she said.
She also answered u on procedure to pm after readin their posts ist

That is the post she was referring to but ozycy has given her the best answer
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
lobus:

Will you be able to use the card to pay your hospital bills?

Seriously hunting for PTA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
Tyrah1:

Except you mean 1st week in October, you have more than enough time to reschedule your appointment. If it's October, then try to see if you can get an earlier visa date via the means you've been told.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hello house...
Houston texas was the addy on my visa app..does it pose a problem if i dont use houston as my POE..can i enter the usa thru any other state or city ..thanks for swift and favorable responses
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nazstra: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
Tyrah1:

Hi, its possible to get a closer date, doesn't even necessarily have to be refreshing your page at midnight . I was able to get a closer date for myself and LO early in the morning around 6am. Also got for my mum 2 mornings ago for 10th of august. But note: you only get to reschedule just once after booking your initial appointment. So just make sure the next date you book really works for you. Just keep refreshing your page until you get a closer date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
XX01:

Will you be able to use the card to pay your hospital bills?

Seriously hunting for PTA.

Sure. It is a special dollar denominated card that substitutes for cash PTA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
Thanks my sis really appreciate your response so I would try early morning as u said thanks
nazstra:

Hi, its possible to get a closer date, doesn't even necessarily have to be refreshing your page at midnight . I was able to get a closer date for myself and LO early in the morning around 6am. Also got for my mum 2 mornings ago for 10th of august. But note: you only get to reschedule just once after booking your initial appointment. So just make sure the next date you book really works for you. Just keep refreshing your page until you get a closer date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 8:37pm On Aug 02, 2016
Vlesparza:

This is false. The 48 hours starts counting when the patient is admitted, not when the patient gives birth. It is the same in every hospital in the USA. If it were not the case you would not be billed for false labour. Once you have a room you are using the hospitals resources and as such the hospital bills for this. Unfortunately, hospital services are not free.
Ah ah see authoritatively

Did u use oakbend! I said oakbend!!! Not all hospitals?

I had my first and second child there

The first time I was admitted at 8:30pm on the 27th of April 2014. my baby came at 12:40am 28th of April 2014
Had jaundice and had to go to phototherapy

I asked to be discharged but dr F told me that my bill will start counting from the 28th
We were discharged on the 30th and I paid no kobo extra

It's only nics (the pediatricians) that charges per calendar day so they charged me for 28th,29th and 30th. 3 days

My second child I was admitted for induction on the 6th of Jan 2016.
Baby came on the 7th of Jan 2016
I asked to be discharged on the 8th of Jan 2016
Dr E told me I could stay till the 9th of Jan 2016 that it starts counting after I give birth

Pls don't ever tell me anything Iv posted is false. When I don't know the answer I keep quiet. I don't post for the sake of posting

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@ favoredgirl,

48 hours starts counting the minute you check in and by 12 midnight that day, the first 24 hours has gone. That's why people complain of being overcharged by hospital.

Finally Dr F got to me by 10.30 am today and I had my very beautiful baby 12.25 pm.weighs 3.57 kg. So I have forgiven him and hope he changes for the better.

Yippee am a FTM and am so in love with my Angel.
Pls see my post above
Congrats on your baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:45pm On Aug 02, 2016
Firstymum,

I am fine, thank you. Counting down to starting mat leave, I am just so tired these days.

@Ijeomaobi
Congratulations dear

@ House,

Most hospitals will charge for extra day. Maybe Oakbend does not. Even our extra cheap MIHS did.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 9:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
Thanks @xx01
XX01:

Except you mean 1st week in October, you have more than enough time to reschedule your appointment. If it's October, then try to see if you can get an earlier visa date via the means you've been told.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
Thanks @XX01
XX01:

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.