Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902598 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2016
CXLVII:
Hello Mummy`s

Is the port health within the premises of MMA or outside?

Thanks in advance

From what i gather, there are 2. One is by the tollgate (coming from international airport, you pass the toll gate and enter the building immediately on the right). The second is somewhere inside MMA. Don't know where.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy1821: 10:06am On Aug 01, 2016
Good morning everyone,
Please do the people at the port health work on Sunday and what time do they close. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
What I usually do is buy a T-Mobile SIM card, with unlimited data, a bit pricey at $100/month but I don't joke with my data limits.
For international calls, you can download the Boss a Revolution app on your smart phone and recharge using their recharge cards. They're sold at gas stations etc. the calls are very cheap. I bought $5 worth in March and for some reason, I checked it yesterday and still have like $3 left. This is with me calling my husband all the time o, sometimes twice a day

Thx a lot for this response- appreciate much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Omodadi2: 11:03am On Aug 01, 2016
biollar1:

Lol! It's kpekus dear.

Awayu doing?

Biollar, issokay!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damidamsel: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2016
Mumtwins08:
Hi mothers ... How is every one doing ... , Pls has any one tried Costco diapers the Kirkland brand ? Also ... If there is no Nigerian embassy In state is it possible to get passport for baby ? Or can one use an agent ? Thanks a lot . P.s I haven't had the baby yet just asking . God bless u

Costco Kirkland diapers and wipes is all i'm using (shipped a couple of boxes) and i love it!. Wipes is way better than that of pampers, even my MIL noticed it. The Diapers comes in different sizes: 1,2,3.....Funny enough my 14weeks baby is still on size 1 though shez 13.3lbs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damidamsel: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2016
Using this with aquaphor diaper rash cream n my baby hasn't developed one single rash.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 11:08am On Aug 01, 2016
Errrrrm...*picks race*
Omodadi2:

Biollar, issokay!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by folamingo: 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
@mumzt . Please I sent you a PM, but no response. Please kindly send info of accommodation to folami2@yahoo.com, will be there Sept - Nov. God bless you

[quote author=mumzt post=48042279]
Rented 2 rooms in a 3 bed house. Had d whole house to ourselves as dy had no oda tenants throughout our stay. Paid 850 per rm per month. (So I'm suprised everyone is paying ova a thousand) stayed in richmond.  Abt 15mins drive from d hospital.[b][/b]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Latolly: 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mumtwins08:
Hi mothers ... How is every one doing ... , Pls has any one tried Costco diapers the Kirkland brand ? Also ... If there is no Nigerian embassy In state is it possible to get passport for baby ? Or can one use an agent ? Thanks a lot . P.s I haven't had the baby yet just asking . God bless u

Haven't tried their diapers but their wipes are really good, thicker and better than the popular names.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hi House, pls instead of booking a return flight, can someone book a one way flight, then separately book for return, because we intend visiting another city before return. Does it matter?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
#rant#

I have endured Dr Fagbohun too much. I saw his bad reviews after I had paid him since so many nairalanders found him pleasant. That man loves money to the detriment of his patient angry : shocked

How can he book me for induction on Sunday 7pm (this removes 24 hours by 12midnight) and calls d hospital by 8 am that he has csection in another hospital so they should delay me!!! On my Labour bed Am 10cm dilated and 100% effaced. Wish I can sue this guy and I will not have mercy.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by similoluwa1: 2:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
Colouredgirl:

Sent you a mail..check it out

Colouredgirl, i am Houston bound too by end of August too, how did you settle accommodation, still a hard one for me to crack.

lets hook up,pls send me a mail- similoluwa1@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
#rant#

I have endured Dr Fagbohun too much. I saw his bad reviews after I had paid him since so many nairalanders found him pleasant. That man loves money to the detriment of his patient angry : shocked

How can he book me for induction on Sunday 7pm (this removes 24 hours by 12midnight) and calls d hospital by 8 am that he has csection in another hospital so they should delay me!!! On my Labour bed Am 10cm dilated and 100% effaced. Wish I can sue this guy and I will not have mercy.

That is the time you will normally arrive for planned induction and dey won't count it as one day by 12 midnight (for oakbend).

So who is there with you now to take the delivery?

Calm down sweetie, let your baby arrive in peace. When you are done, take wateva action that pleases you.

Big hugs and congrats in advance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
TOKNOW:
Hi House, pls instead of booking a return flight, can someone book a one way flight, then separately book for return, because we intend visiting another city before return. Does it matter?

Book your return flight and buy inter city flight tickets for your local waka. You might have issues with a one way ticket at the POE

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
similoluwa1:

Colouredgirl, i am Houston bound too by end of August too, how did you settle accommodation, still a hard one for me to crack.

Book intown suites or any of the xtended stays for a week. When you get there, within one week while you stay at the extended stay apartments, you will meet others and hopefully get your accommodation sorted.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by similoluwa1: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
feddy27:

Book intown suites or any of the xtended stays for a week. When you get there, within one week while you stay at the extended stay apartments, you will meet others and hopefully get your accommodation sorted.

OK Thank you for your prompt response.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
that's awful of him. It will end in praise soonest.

ijeomaobi1:
#rant#

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damidamsel: 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
#rant#

@ijeomaobi1....i know how u feel dear. Was also 10cm dilated and 100% effaced at ard 4.30am after being induced at 7.15pm the previous day but i was made to wait over an hour for the next shift because the current shift did not want to overstay their shift, u can just imagine. Just relax dear, God has brought u this far, u need all ur energy to complete this awesome journey. Hey guess what? You are about to see that beautiful little feet n hands you've been waiting for for months. Let me be the first to wish u Congratulations IJN.
Modification: Or maybe not first. Lol.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
TOKNOW:

One way tickets are more expensive.

And One way tickets will increase your chances of deportation from POE as there is no proof thet you will return to your home country.

Now what you should do is book a multiple destination ticket so that you can enter from one city and return from the city of your choice but make sure you have a return ticket
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
TOKNOW:

You can book a multi-city ticket. Meaning you arrive at one location but leave from another location. E.g Lagos to Houston, JFK to Lagos. Same ticket.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
#rant#

Chai, dearie, don't worry, baby will be here any moment. If he is CS, he really can't be in two places at once. He is human.

Unfortunately you are already in labour and the baby can come anytime. I'm guessing the midwives will take your birth.

When I went for my scheduled CS, I got there at 7am I didn't deliver till 1pm due to different emergency cases so I waited and was taking selfies grin

Oya sip Lipton take cool ya body

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
#rant#

Why schedule an induction and then schedule a CS for the same time? Will he do a proper job? Can't someone else take delivery? I cna imagine how i would be feeling. My dear, take it easy. God will keep you and your LO.

I am feeling so angry on her behalf.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
folamingo:
@mumzt . Please I sent you a PM, but no response. Please kindly send info of accommodation to folami2@yahoo.com, will be there Sept - Nov. God bless you

replied
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hi All, please can anyone kindly help me with the lowest cost for delivery in the US. I have no preference for state cos I don't intend to stay with family or friends, so they wont see me as a burden.
I read @ JDQueen post on the previous thread that was closed. She mention going to US with $5,000 plus. Please someone should put me thru.

Thanks as I await your reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
feddy27:

You can also check with your airline. Some airlines allow you arrive iin one city and depart from another, as long as they travel from both cities.

Book your return flight and buy inter city flight tickets for your local waka. You might have issues with a one way ticket at the POE

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nnystc:
All those sisters that are claiming that they can manage fish...

If na catfish or Obokun they are keeping as pet nko? grin grin grin

Make una no go do jail time for cooking peppersoup with your host's pet oh!
Oyinbo nor dey take dem animal play oh! shocked shocked

Ehen!!

You are just a clown.if I do the peppersoup,I go serve the pet owner first that way he/she go become accomplice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by semilore12: 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
AyaSunday:
Hi All, please can anyone kindly help me with the lowest cost for delivery in the US. I have no preference for state cos I don't intend to stay with family or friends, so they wont see me as a burden.
I read @ JDQueen post on the previous thread that was closed. She mention going to US with $5,000 plus. Please someone should put me thru.

Thanks as I await your reply.

Hi dearie, u have work to do oh... just start reading posts all the way from part 1. Trust me u will get all the info that u need. This is a do it yourself(DIY) thread so u probably won't get responses this way. Just start from somewhere, it will help u decide on what exactly u want. After reading, feel free to ask questions on anything that is not clear. One love sis....

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy @ taking selfies. It is well with you @IjeomaObi1

nefertitiram:

Chai, dearie, don't worry, baby will be here any moment. If he is CS, he really can't be in two places at once. He is human.

Unfortunately you are already in labour and the baby can come anytime. I'm guessing the midwives will take your birth.

When I went for my scheduled CS, I got there at 7am I didn't deliver till 1pm due to different emergency cases so I waited and was taking selfies grin

Oya sip Lipton take cool ya body
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dora2007: 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
Grand inn and suites. Opposite d hospital.

Check ur mail

similoluwa1:

@ dora2007, i am using same hospital as you did, how did you get accommodation, i am due to travel month end,pls help a sister out.

Thank you similoluwa1@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Cobiss: 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hello guys, please I need help. Just saw on Nigerian embassy website for new york that they are not processing passports at the moment and I have filled application form and paid for it and they gave me 8th of august as interview date. I am confused. Pls any advice on what to do. Has anyone encountered this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.