Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898585 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
So its my own turn sef to give my POE experience. We have to look for another word to describe JFK POE becos best doesnt desctibe it well enough. Was out in less than 2 mins. Got to jfk last week sunday (14TH August) via qatar airline ( pls for those going through Doha, pls be prepared to see a US CBP rep there who will interview you. Didn't know about this until someone mentioned it on this forum a few weeks ago. The questions asked were
1. Why are you going to the US
2. How much do you have
3. Have you contacted any doctor ( at this point he asked to see my doctor's correspondence)
4. Have you paid any fees.
5 Who am I staying with
6. What do I do
7. Where is your husband
8. Is he joining you.

The guy pulsed for about a minute and started reading through my hospital/doctor's correspondence stood up and went out with my passport, came back a few minutes latet and asked that I go and join the priority line for boarding.

At JFK, everyone with B1/B2 visa was asked to use the self help machine. Bush me cldnt figure it out quickly. I asked one of the officer directing us to help me. Got a receipt with B2 on it as my purpose. They directed us to join a queue to meet with the cbp. Just two of them were there (One black guy and 1 white guy) was seriously praying that the black dude interview me as he look nicer than the other guy.) Was finally interviewed by the black guy. They didn't have any computer with them just their stamps. Am thinking maybe it's because it's was still early in the morning and the rush had not started or maybe it was a transition between shifts.

Me: Good morning and how are you today
Cbp: no answer. Why are you visiting the US
Me: to have my baby and take some time to rest.
cbp: do you have any food item ( liquid, solid, animal produce )
Me: No. Just chinchin.
cbp: stamped me and my daughter in till February.

Was super excited that I forgot to claim my luggage. I already exited before I realised I had not picked my bags. Na there wahala come start. Tried to re-enter but security guys said i cant. That once I Don enter through the security checks their is no going back. that i have to go and meet a qatar rep who will then go and clear the bags with the custom. Went to qatar to complain. They said I have to wait for a time they can't tell me precisely until the custom officers clears the bag to them, that's when I am going to have it. According to them once you exit the cbp security point you cant go back. So I had to wait for almost 2hrs before the bags came out. Collected my bags and I was then off to New Jersey via road. (My uncle was waiting to pick me up).
so please no let excitement do you like e do me o.

In all JFK was a bliss. Apart from the waiting for luggage there was no other hassle going through the POE.

Had my doctor's appointment the next day. Very pleasant and warm reception from the staff. Using Dr. D. All my medical reports that i brought from naija was accepted, I was told upfront that there a 3 doctors that could do my actual delivery depending on which of them is available. However all the 3 doctors will has complete insight into my case file. Initially I didn't like the idea but my aunt told me it was better than having just 1 doctor who could be extremely busy when one fall into labour. Although mine is going to be a planned CS. ( I guess thats the case with this other Dr. F that people are expressing recently).

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
Oh I forgot to mention my Forex struggle. I tried all my long leg but none worked. Spoke to one of the MD'S Of the company that we service and he offered to give me $2k at N350. (If you have people that you know can spare you a few dollars at a discounted rate. Please approach them, i consider it an alternative to not getting pta from the banks) On the day of travel, I tried travelex and my miracle working God surprised me. I got a bit above 2k at N356. I was blown away. The lady even said if I want up to 8k (4k pta for me and 4k pta for my daughter) she would sell to me. The unfortunate thing come be say, they don't accept POS and since I didn't even plan this, I didn't have cash to fund it. So what I did was to do transfers into all the cards available on me and DH. rushed to the ATM and we withdrew the cash. But daily limit sef mess us up a bit. So we were only able to get cash that cld buy a bit above 2k at 356. So if you are travelling you might want to check out travelex patticylarly if you are travelling during the day becos i want to guess they dont work 24hrs. Their shop is just one of the last you will see just when you are about to go the the immigration part of departure. They only require you to present your boarding pass and passport to sell to you.

Also anyone travelling with qatar and you are above 30wks will be asked to go to the port health office to get certificate of fit to fly even though you have submitted all the mediform and fit to fly to qatar days before travel . Port health go come ask you to sign undertaking that they will not be responsible for anything that happen to you on the plane ( the lady said they only do this for qatar because of some issues they had with them in the past. Sorry for the long story gis. Just wanted to cover as much as happened during my trip.

30 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
For those still researching, you may want to do more research on this states. Researchers named them the best to have babies based on delivery budget, health care and baby friendliness: Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Minnesota, and new Hampshire.
See more
http://www.whattoexpect.com/wom/pregnancy/best-states-to-give-birth-and-five-worst?xid=nl_YourDailyNewsletterfromWhattoExpect_20160813

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shamecurls(m): 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
For those who need Forex and re willing to go through the stress. grin grin grin I will advice you open multiple bank accounts and get the debit cards. With such, You can get as much Forex as you need. With a monthly limit of $1200, you can have $6000 with 5 debit cards. The more cards you can get, The better

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
Good day mamas and papas and also expectant mamas and papas. You all have been very helpful to many even with all the hormonal clash God bless u.
Pls,I will like to get to info abt delivery in Dallas cos I have families there. I have checked out some hospitals and they are not accepting international patient. I have Pmed some people kindly reply. Anyone with helpful info pls I will really appreciate it. God bless u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hi Trishxx. Thanks so much for sharing your JFK POE experience and Amen to your prayers. I'm coming in through JFK in about 2 weeks too.
Can you Pls shed more light on the questions asked on the self assessment machine that you think might warrant the X mark and secondary inspection. Could it be food only? My mum is joining me 2 weeks after so I can leave her to come with food. I have a connecting flight few hours after landing JFK so any Info to avoid secondary inspection will be highly appreciated.
Thanks so much and I wish you a pleasant stay and awesome delivery experience.

quote author=trishxx post=48668215]Hi all. Got to the US through JFK (New York) yesterday. In summary, I used the self assessment machine and it printed a slip without an "x" across it. I think those who had the "x" were sent for secondary, at least they were separated. Spent 2 minutes or less with the immigration officer, gisting half the time.

I wish you all a smooth experience as I had. Cheers.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
feddy27:
Pls who has flown air peace recently? Are they preggy friendly? Just read on dia website dat dia policy for preggies is 28wks shocked and i'm past the limit

Didn't know all this while! I don't want wat happened btw I and aero last year to happen again o!
Call airpeace to find out. I know their baggage is 25kg plus 10kg for ur child. And free ticket for ur child.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
Consider Dana. I think they're more relaxed and the flights are on time. See this screenshot.

I've bought air peace already! It is well with me jare
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
Consider Dana. I think they're more relaxed and the flights are on time. See this screenshot.
Consider which Dana? They r 28weeks o... OMG dey can delay and move their flight en... Mscheew...
They've disappointed I, my husband, my mum and my dad... The only consistent thing about them is disappointment ..
Feddy27
My mum's flight from phc was around 3pm or so... Guess where. She got to Lagos 11:46 pm... It was terrible.... They kept moving it.

My husband got to phc airport on time like an hour before check in. Guess what dey said the plane was full... It was like joke they were like 20 + dey gave d news to, he had to buy medview immediately... Refunded but not complete.. Dey over booked the flight... imagine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
firsttymum:

Call airpeace to find out. I know their baggage is 25kg plus 10kg for ur child. And free ticket for ur child.

Yea, ticket has been purchased like 3wks ago. Just said lemme go tru dia pregnancy policy and I saw 28wks, I'm already 34wks cheesy

Last year, aero refused to fly me dat I ws 32wks+3days and dia policy is 32wks! Dey refunded my money there, I had to quickly beg arik and dey agreed to fly me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
feddy27:

Yea, ticket has been purchased like 3wks ago. Just said lemme go tru dia pregnancy policy and I saw 28wks, I'm already 34wks cheesy

Last year, aero refused to fly me dat I ws 32wks+3days and dia policy is 32wks! Dey refunded my money there, I had to quickly beg arik and dey agreed to fly me
Go to port health .. It's before the airport let them give u their own fit to fly. They'll fly u with that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
Shamecurls kikikikikikikikiki
Ifyadajesus, trishxx, funtolash congratulations... We give God the glory.
Chanbaby check olokings post.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
firsttymum:
Go to port health .. It's before the airport let them give u their own fit to fly. They'll fly u with that

Thanks darling. Dats's my plan. I was even goin to ask u for description to Port health before u sent this. Thanks again kiss

can I still use PH Port health fit to fly at Abuja for the int'l leg?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
feddy27:

Thanks darling. Dats's my plan. I was even goin to ask u for description to Port health before u sent this. Thanks again kiss
can I still use PH Port health fit to fly at Abuja for the int'l leg?
Yes if u are traveling same day or next.. And depends on d airline. But u shld. U just tell them u r coming from phc.. Dassall

*modified once u turn into the road that leads to the airport look at ur left (pay attention.. u might miss it.) You'll see it... It's not too far from their fake toll gate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
firsttymum:

Yes if u are traveling same day or next.. And depends on d airline. But u shld. U just tell them u r coming from phc.. Dassall

Ok. Travellin same day. Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
feddy27:

Ok. Travellin same day. Thanks dear
Uw darling
I just modified d other post. Check it out

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by iphiechuks: 3:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
@chanbaby, I had my baby in Medical Centre of Plano cos I stayed with a relation in Dallas.
Doc fees 1800
Hospital fees alittle above 6000 I stayed in d hospital for 3 days cos mine was CS
I paid more cos mine was emergency CS. They just keep sending bills to me. I will go thru d books n get back to u for other fees

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
iphiechuks:
@chanbaby, I had my baby in Medical Centre of Plano cos I stayed with a relation in Dallas.
Doc fees 1800
Hospital fees alittle above 6000 I stayed in d hospital for 3 days cos mine was CS
I paid more cos mine was emergency CS. They just keep sending bills to me. I will go thru d books n get back to u for other fees

Thanks so much ur prompt response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
Na wa. For some reason, they've been very good to me. Even calling or texting the few times there'd be delays so I didn't bother rushing to the airport. I guess I caught them on good days.

[quote author=firsttymum post=48677402]
Consider which Dana? They r 28weeks o... OMG dey can delay and move their flight en... Mscheew...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
It is indeed well. I'm sure you'll fly without issues. All the best.

feddy27:

I've bought air peace already! It is well with me jare

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
It is indeed well. I'm sure you'll fly without issues. All the best.

Amen! Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
firsttymum:
Uw darling
I just modified d other post. Check it out

Ok dear. Seen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MPhil: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
To God be the glory!!! My wife and I had our visas approved on Wednesday 17th August at about 8:00 am. It was a reapplication. Before I write about the end, let’s start from the beginning. I will post in three parts: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. This is my first time ever posting on nairaland, so pardon the long posts and let it compensate for the years I have not posted. As I see it posted here, ‘In the spirit of giving back’ this is my testimony (lol):

Part 1

Visa Interview conducted by a Male Officer. Time: 9:00 am (thereabout). Verdict – DENIED
VO: Your passports please
We: (passed them to him) Goodmorning
VO: Goodmorning. What is your relationship?
Me: We are married.
VO: How long have you been married?
Me: Since December 2014. This December will make it 2 years.
VO: What are you going to do in New York?
Me: New York is our POE. Our final destination is El Paso Texas. We are going for Childbirth and Vacation.
VO: Oh Okay. What is your combined income?
Me: ( I didn’t anticipate this question- So i just answered my own income for myself) My basic salary is ... but i earn an average of ...monthly in salary and allowances. There was no space to fill & explain this in the DS 160 and that’s why i left it like that. However, i have my bank statement here to support this.
VO: Where do you work?
Me: Bleep
VO: what do you do?
Me: Bleep
Asked my wife the same questions. She answered.
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: Yes
VO: To where?
Me: South Africa and Ghana
Vo: How many times?
Me: Once together and Once alone.
Vo: Have you been in contact with a doctor and hospital?
Me: Yes
Vo: Can I see the correspondence? Do you have them with you?
Me: Yes ( Brought out budget sheet, doctors letter & hospital letter & showed him)
Vo: Ok. Why do you want to have your baby in the US?
Me: Essentially, for 3 reasons:
i. Because of the better healthcare – the US ranks top in obstetric care.
ii. Because of the educational opportunities that come with birthing in America.
iii. Because we can afford the cost to give birth in the USA.
Vo: Can you pass me your bank statements?
Me: (passed them to him. Passed payslip as well...VO scrutinizing them)
VO: Why is there this sudden inflow into the account?
Me: (explained to him and tried to give him the papers relating to the transactions as proof. He was disenchanted and didn’t look at them)
VO: I am not convinced (types and types for a while...then says...) ‘Ok. It’s obvious you guys have done your homework. The thing is that i am not convinced you have sufficient funds for this trip’.
I tried to talk but the VO refused to be interrupted .
VO: I can’t approve your visas at this time (gave us a yellow paper that had the section 214b) and said ‘All the best’.
I think this interview took about 12 to 15 mins (my wife thinks it took about 20 mins).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MPhil: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
Part 2

Visa Interview conducted by a female officer. Time: 7:55am (thereabout). Verdict – APPROVED
We: Good morning
Vo: Good morning...(she then tells my wife)...that’s a beautiful dress you have on.
Wife: Thank you
Vo: So you were here recently?
Me: Yes. We were here in June
Vo: Why were you denied?
Me: We were denied on the grounds of insufficient funds.
Vo: So, have you got the money now to travel?
Me: Yes. Actually, we always had the money. At our previous interview, i stated only my basic salary. What has changed or what we did differently was to compute the sum of our basic salary, allowances and other income i receive from managing my Family Estate and stated this as one figure in the DS 160. (In the DS 160, this was my second message in space provided after the question, have you been denied a US visa before?)
Vo: Can i see your bank statement?
Me: Sure (handed it over to her)
Vo: (flips through like first 2 pages and says) the problem is that your account rises and drops. At this instance, it dropped to ...
Me: this was before we transferred into this account the money my wife and I had saved and kept aside for the purpose of our childbirth.
Vo: (flips through the last few pages of my account probably to see if there was any major deposit before interview and probably to confirm what i said. There was no major deposit or major withdrawal since our denial in June. She passed the statement back to me)
Vo: Did you have it in a savings somewhere in liquid cash or you combined accounts?
Me: We combined the accounts.
Vo: Okay. How much do you have specifically saved for this trip?
Me: N...million (Told her in naira not dollars).
Vo: (Types and Types...)
Vo: Is it only one baby? (My wife looks like she is carrying twins  )
Wife: Yes
Vo: Is this your first baby?
Wife: Yes
Vo: How far along are you?
Wife: 31 weeks
Vo: When are you due?
Wife: October
Vo: (types a while and turns to me) why do you want to have your baby ‘so desperately’ in the US? (My wife says she suspects the first VO might have written ‘desperate’ at our first interview. According to her, i was behaving like ‘i have done my part, you must give me this visa today’.lol)
Me: (shrugged off that part of ‘so desperate’ and answered). For 2 reasons:
1. Because of the better healthcare- the us ranks top in obstetric care.
2. Secondly, because of the educational opportunities that come with giving birth in the US...
Vo: (cuts me there as i was trying to explain and says). How?
Me: (so i just continued my prepared speech.lol) . we wish for our children before they attain the age of 18 to attend American schools in Nigera...
Vo: (Cuts me again and says) your children don’t have to be born in the US to attend American schools in Nigeria. (she said this looking at me straight in my eyes)
Me: Yeah, but they have a higher chance of getting admitted if they are.
Vo: (Types into her system briefly and says) How long have you been saving for this?
My wife and I: 2 years. Since 2014.
Vo: (Types for a while.. and says) Are you staying in a hotel?
Me: Yes. Intown Suites.
Vo: Will you be needing any help?
Me: No. Just the two of us.
Vo: Are you using a birthing center?
Me: No. We’re using a hospital
Vo: What hospital?
Me: Sierra Providence hospital (at this point, I brought out from my envelope Dr’s letter, hospital letter and budget sheet which were all stapled together. I opened to hospital letter and put my index finger on the name of the hospital for her to see).
Vo: (Typed into her system. She then looked at me and saw what i was holding and said) Can i take a look at that?
Me: (passed them to her)
She flips through reading doctor and hospital letter then saw our coloured budget sheet ‘well classified into sections’. I think (and my wife agrees with me because of the Vo’s facial expression and body language) that at the point of seeing that budget sheet as it was and then cumulative Total, she had reached a decision.
Vo: Okay. (Types a while...then the magic words). ‘Congratulations, your visas are approved’.
We: Thank you (when i heard those words...in fact i cannot explain the joy or the feeling. It was like a mountain was suddenly made flat. With a dangerously wide smile, i looked at my wife. My wife refused to look back at me and hit me codedly with her elbow to couple myself).
Vo: You’re welcome. Just a minute, let me give you some information about medical care in the United States (she stands up and is back in 20seconds or less then hands us visa approval paper and another white paper containing generic info on medical care in the US - it can be downloaded from their website though)
Vo: Please when you get to the US, do not take any form of Medicaid even if offered. If you find that you cannot pay all your bills, just go into a payment plan so you don’t have any issues when renewing your visas, okay?
We: Okay. Thank you
Vo: You’re welcome. Have a great day
Me: you too.
Na so i reach outside come dey dance old school dance come dey greet everybody wey i see for road.lol . Even people wen dey on their own wen nothing concern them i dey greet them. Some dey laugh.lol
From this interview transcript, it looks long but i tell you, it took just about 4 to 5 mins. It happened so fast and i was the first she interviewed to start her day.
Above all, it was God Almighty who did it. Promotion comes neither from the East nor from the West but from the Lord and ‘it is not of him that willeth nor of him that runneth but of God that showeth Mercy’. Romans 9:16. Those were the scriptures my wife and I held on to and prayed the morning before going for our interview. We thanked God with same scriptures after the interview.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
Congrats dear! Dis sounds like me. Pls how long was d road trip from JFK to NJ cos dats my route & wanna know my options. Thanks

funtolash:
So its my own turn sef to give my POE experience.

Collected my bags and I was then off to New Jersey via road. (My uncle was waiting to pick me up).

so please no let excitement do you like e do me o.

In all JFK was a bliss. Apart from the waiting for luggage there was no other hassle going through the POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MPhil: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
Part 3

Please never go with any forged documents. At our first interview, one guy who interviewed alongside a woman (probably his wife) carrying a little baby was told the worst, ‘You have been banned from entering the United States’ and gave him a paper. I no know when i shout ‘mogbe’ for line. Life ban is real oh!!! It’s better to be denied honourably oh!
Still at the first interview, i don’t know what this woman came for but i know she had a US visa. The visa officer kept asking “ Ma’am, did you give birth in the United States?” . He left his seat, came back and asked her same question twice . She said ‘No’. He was visibly angry. The VO said you said you were going for a wedding for a week and you stayed 3 months. She said she was helping her aunty who needed help after the wedding (something like that sha). The VO said ‘you left your job here for 3 months to help your aunty?’. The summary is that he told her ‘your visa is revoked’. We took our turn after her to same VO who denied us. My wife said he transferred the aggression from that woman to us.
I thank all who have contributed to this thread. You have helped my wife and I in making our dream come true( knowing fully we would give birth successfully in October). I will not mention names as i run the risk of omitting some. I will feel bad about it. They are too many to mention but you know yourselves. God bless you.
Again, sorry for the long post but why am I doing this?
Because I drank to my fill from this spring of knowledge; and to ensure that this spring does not run dry so that others can drink too, I am contributing in my own little way or ‘giving back’.
To those coming behind me and are probably in ghost mode like I was since December 2014, you probably stumbled on this thread like i did. I just googled to find out any information i could get on giving birth in the US and i came across this wonderful forum. I ‘jacked’ from Page 1 of part 1 to date like i had another professional exam to write (even after we got our visas). I started reading before i got married and took lots of notes. I remember reading the thread in the hotel during our honeymoon sef, lol. My point is, try your best, if you can, to read as much as you can from here. I know it’s not easy but the information is priceless. I’ve never had the cause to PM anyone. You may open a book at the middle page and get some information but not as much as the one who reads from the beginning or the one who at least reads some previous chapters to find the authors context.
To those who have been delayed one way or the other; whether delay in fruit of the womb, miscarriage, visa delays etc don’t lose hope. Keep the dream alive. Our dream was delayed in early 2015 when my wife had a miscarriage. It was delayed again when she the next pregnancy didn’t come quickly. It was delayed again in June when our visas were denied but God is still on the throne and no more delay by God’s grace. In all these, I kept on reading and today we are here. I no wan do 2mins for POE na why i dey do Form A on Monday to pay all our medical bills plus i am now a legitimate PTA hussler to hold some good cash. Next will be our successful POE story by God’s grace.
Knowledge is Power and Prayer with Persistence is the key! God Bless!!!

59 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
TripleKMama:
Congrats dear! Dis sounds like me. Pls how long was d road trip from JFK to NJ cos dats my route & wanna know my options. Thanks

About 1hr 20mins. What hospital are you using.?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamamj: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
Chanbaby:
Good day mamas and papas and also expectant mamas and papas. You all have been very helpful to many even with all the hormonal clash God bless u.
Pls,I will like to get to info abt delivery in Dallas cos I have families there. I have checked out some hospitals and they are not accepting international patient. I have Pmed some people kindly reply. Anyone with helpful info pls I will really appreciate it. God bless u.

Hi
Gave birth in Dallas,used omega OB/GYN
Their hospital is medical center of Arlington
Abit pricey but good services for both the doc and the hospital
U may won't to research abt that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
ifyadajesus:
. Pls how do I reach him want to get myself prepared before baby comes lol

I couldn't deal with Tanko because I couldn't reach him. So I used Eddy even though I had to pay $50 extra.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
Congratulations MPHIL and thank you for coming to give back to this thread!

The rest of your journey shall be smooth and I wish your wife a very successful delivery

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
firsttymum:
I luv u darling kiss

smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2016
MPhil:
Part 3

I thank all who have contributed to this thread. You have helped my wife and I in making our dream come true( knowing fully we would give birth successfully in October). I will not mention names as i run the risk of omitting some. I will feel bad about it. They are too many to mention but you know yourselves. God bless you.
Again, sorry for the long post but why am I doing this?
Because I drank to my fill from this spring of knowledge; and to ensure that this spring does not run dry so that others can drink too, I am contributing in my own little way or ‘giving back’.
To those coming behind me and are probably in ghost mode like I was since December 2014, you probably stumbled on this thread like i did. I just googled to find out any information i could get on giving birth in the US and i came across this wonderful forum. I ‘jacked’ from Page 1 of part 1 to date like i had another professional exam to write (even after we got our visas). I started reading before i got married and took lots of notes. I remember reading the thread in the hotel during our honeymoon sef, lol. My point is, try your best, if you can, to read as much as you can from here. I know it’s not easy but the information is priceless. I’ve never had the cause to PM anyone. You may open a book at the middle page and get some information but not as much as the one who reads from the beginning or the one who at least reads some previous chapters to find the authors context.
To those who have been delayed one way or the other; whether delay in fruit of the womb, miscarriage, visa delays etc don’t lose hope. Keep the dream alive. Our dream was delayed in early 2015 when my wife had a miscarriage. It was delayed again when she the next pregnancy didn’t come quickly. It was delayed again in June when our visas were denied but God is still on the throne and no more delay by God’s grace. In all these, I kept on reading and today we are here. I no wan do 2mins for POE na why i dey do Form A on Monday to pay all our medical bills plus i am now a legitimate PTA hussler to hold some good cash. Next will be our successful POE story by God’s grace.
Knowledge is Power and Prayer with Persistence is the key! God Bless!!!

Congrats! You need not apologise for the long post. It is an experience for others to draw wisdom, knowledge and encouragement from.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.