Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900780 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2016
Laff wan kee me! Seriously i set the laptop to download like 20episodes at once and just leave it. Doesnt take so much time.

Nnystc:
Thanks dear!
But local Flight kwa?
Mba nu!?!?

Municipal bus nor dey go there? Abi greyhound?

The only plane rides i signed up for are 2 in number:
1- arrive Yankee
2- depart Yankee
End of story.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2016
Earlybird81:
zbolanle, congrats on your poe. Pls which dr are u using n how do I make contact. For cost M 30weeks already. Help a

Hello everyone and kudos to those that have kept this thread alive from the very beginning.

Actually I am already in the US awaiting the arrival of my precious God's gift any time soon.Had to go through Newyork to Houston cos of POE palava in Houston.I really congratulate those that scaled through the Houston POE. Truth be told I learnt they are kinda thorough there so I and DH heeded an experienced friend's advice who found it very hectic but was all the same lucky and had her baby last year.

My question here is this:my host has suggested that I apply for WIC program.Please is it advisable I apply?

I sincerely and urgently need an answer.Experts in the house please help.
No ma'am. WIC is for low income, US resident, taxpayers. Which means it's not for you. Taking WIC is a no no
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 5:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
Finally, the 9 banks are back on. Some banks have started selling PTA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
firsttymum:
lufthansa and United are the same when it comes to adding infant ticket. And most of us paid about that. And this was last year.
U realise the more u delay the more it is increases. They've told u.. There's no magic about that one. Just pay and forget it.

Mine was last month I paid 101 dollars .to me don't give up biko dat amt is much pls try going to d airport my fnd got hers cheaper at d airport. U may be lucky

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dquin1: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hello everyone, bn following this thread for a while now, never a dull moment. Really appreciate everyone that has contributed, you guys are wonderful as your sharing and collaborating has made life easier for pple like me. I intend having my lo in El paso, using doctoresparati. Please any mum planning to go to El paso in December? can we discuss? Should be in El paso for about 8 weeks from mid December by God's grace. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
Please do you know which of those banks have started to sell PTA? Any leads on First bank especially?

XX01:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
Please do you know which of those banks have started to sell PTA? Any leads on First bank especially?

The person I asked in FBN said that CBN just sold dollars and they missed it. That they will take part in the next one and will sell PTA in select branches.

It's funny that all these banks say they are not selling PTA but they show PTA sales in their published FX utilization schedule. Begs the question who are they selling PTA to.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
herrik066:
Cheap flight alert. Lagos- New York. 5star Airline. 15th September 2016 till 30th June, 2017. Sales validity period is till 5th September

Cost: N297,000

Its qatar na. Is ds any secret?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
XX01:

The person I asked in FBN said that CBN just sold dollars and they missed it. That they will take part in the next one and will sell PTA in select branches.

It's funny that all these banks say they are not selling PTA but they show PTA sales in their published FX utilization schedule. Begs the question who are they selling PTA to.

Ghosts

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by olumix365: 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
good day house, please i will like to know if someone need to pay a load of money to hospital in the US just to go from Nigeria for medical treatment, i have no idea if the hospital will be sending anything like invitation or so please i need advice. thanks one love.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dquin1: 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
gracefultosin:
Good Morning everyone, Please is there anyone that has an accommodation in el paso and willing to share out a room. I am going to el paso in October and will be out in December. Kindly send me a PM

hello gracefultosin,
awww...i will be going to elpaso but in decemeber. if you dont mind we can still keep in touch to discuss on preparation et al. I hope to hear from u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hmmmm. Okay...

Latolly:

Nnystc......
Biko can I PM you. Pls it's something urgent and personal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
Does it appear like a secret to you?

nefertitiram:

Its qatar na. Is ds any secret?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
Does any mom need 2k $ in the US. I need naira.I can help with that and you give me 405 to 1 $ instead of buying expensive from mallamguy.
Dm me cos I won't check here often.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
Herrik066,
You're right.
WIC is Women Infants and Children program for free food and healthcare for residents only.

Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a federal assistance program of the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for healthcare and nutrition of low-income pregnant women, breastfeeding women, and infants and children under 5 years.
And there are requirements for joining WIC. For any of us to join, we will need to tell some lies, like family income, residency status, etc.
Some registration centers are lax in registering members and may not ask for much documentation. BUT the warning given to our brothers and sisters at their visa interviews recently should guide us... We may be "pressured" into accepting state funded assistance (of any kind). LET'S JUST SAY NO.

Dear Earlybird81, Pls run in the opposite direction, and explain why to your host.
The Best Thing is to hurry up with your journey and return home, in case the pressure of more mouths to feed is bearing down on host and they are unable to tell you explicitly.
God's blessings on you!

herrik066:
Hello Earlybird81, WIC program is a federal assistance program funded by tax payers. Besides, do you intend to stay more than 8-10 weeks?

In my opinion, enrolling in that program constitutes a benefit from tax payers fund o. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thanks for this, need to go and harass my account manager in preparation for next week

XX01:

I ask myself this every time i see those publications
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damsel020: 9:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
XX01:

Please what bank is selling o, am travelling on Sunday and yet to get PTA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abuleoshi: 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
On this PTA matter, why do people not buy dollars at fantastic rates From Travelex at International Airport? Yesterday they sold at N363 to a dollar.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
damsel020:

Please what bank is selling o, am travelling on Sunday and yet to get PTA.

Access bank is the only one that comes to mind right now. Standard Chartered as well but you have to have a good relationship with their treasury team. Try Lekki phase 1 branch.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
Udiboy:
Does any mom need 2k $ in the US. I need naira.I can help with that and you give me 405 to 1 $ instead of buying expensive from mallamguy.
405 to one dollar and you call the mallam guy expensive ?

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

405 to one dollar and you call the mallam guy expensive ?

I wonder...

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
olumix365:
good day house, please i will like to know if someone need to pay a load of money to hospital in the US just to go from Nigeria for medical treatment, i have no idea if the hospital will be sending anything like invitation or so please i need advice. thanks one love.
Yer
Once you pay the load of money deyll give you the invitation and even write to b the embassy to ensure ur visa is approved.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
Udiboy:
u for just leave am 500 to a dollar.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by folamingo: 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Because it is more like a gamble...You dont want to be stranded carrying all that naira and someone telling you it is not available. Remember it is borderline, you would have collected your boarding pass and ready to depart. VERY RISKY for those that do not have dollars at all.

Abuleoshi:
On this PTA matter, why do people not buy dollars at fantastic rates From Travelex at International Airport? Yesterday they sold at N363 to a dollar.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 10:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
blaize777:

Mine was last month I paid 101 dollars .to me don't give up biko dat amt is much pls try going to d airport my fnd got hers cheaper at d airport. U may be lucky

Thanks so much @blaize777. Did your friend get the cheaper rate on her travel date or she went to the airport to book ahead?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
I have FCMB, Access, Sterling and GTB card. If anyone knows the current rate any od them is charging on Intl transactions, kindly let me know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jbikes: 1:02am On Sep 01, 2016
Diamond bank is back .fyi

Dear .......
We are pleased to announce the resumption of foreign exchange services at Diamond Bank following the lifting of our suspension by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
You can now access all forex related services/products including trade financing, money transfers and international transactions with our credit/debit cards that were affected by last week’s ban.
We apologise for any inconvenience you may have faced and thank you for your patronage.

For enquiries, please call our 24 hour contact center on 0700 300 0000, send an SMS to 30811 or an email to enquiries@diamondbank.com. To offer feedback or make a complaint, please send an email to complaints@diamondbank.com

Thank you for choosing Diamond, Your Bank.
Connect with us       

In our emails, Diamond Bank will never ask you for confidential information or to confirm your security details.
Links within our emails will only take you to information pages on our website. Please forward any suspicious emails to enquiries@diamondbank.com . For further information please visit our Security Centre.

www.diamondbank.com   |   enquiries@diamondbank.com   |   0700-300-0000| SMS - 30811

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jbikes: 1:05am On Sep 01, 2016
I got something online via amazon yesterday with Gtbnk card and was charged 379.8

quote author=happytbaby post=48968917]I have FCMB, Access, Sterling and GTB card. If anyone knows the current rate any od them is charging on Intl transactions, kindly let me know.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 1:12am On Sep 01, 2016
Go to abokifx.com. you'll get the exchange rates and bank rates therein

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 2:21am On Sep 01, 2016
firsttymum:
u for just leave am 500 to a dollar.
I cant stop laughing,people are spending their hard earned money in this "Buhari Economy" for childbirth in the US Looking for the cheapest way to get their Dollars and all the writer could do to help is to sell his Dollars 405 and call that cheap.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dinawe: 3:01am On Sep 01, 2016
Mihs 2014 Mamas, I hail o. Some of us thought it was all over but we are here again. grin Congrats to everyone with success stories and a big thanks to all that have kept this forum alive.

Planning for Chicago in October and return in December. Anyone with same itinerary let's port and plan together. #sharedaccomodation #goodcompany #2headsbetterthan1

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 3:35am On Sep 01, 2016
Thanks. Hubby told me same thing when I told him about the post.

Dwebb55:
Go to abokifx.com. you'll get the exchange rates and bank rates therein

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.