Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,677 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897967 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Seems like ticket prices to various destinations have fallen. Try and book as soon as possible to take advantage of the windfall!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
happytbaby:
@ firstymum: Imo007 is a doctor. I guess she knows what is good for her and what is not.

I know she is. the statement wasn't particularly to her... It's to everyone especially mothers desperate for their glow back....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
Dwebb55:
Seems like ticket prices to various destinations have fallen. Try and book as soon as possible to take advantage of the windfall!
I.just checked wow.... New York 261k wow
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=superdoll post=48905250][/quote]
U changed ur mind. U r allowed to change ur mind dear. So I doubt it should
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
This is serious

bigfido:
This i hear applies to other banks too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
Okay dear, these things are the price we pay for motherhood.

firsttymum:

I know she is. the statement wasn't particularly to her... It's to everyone especially mothers desperate for their glow back....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 11:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=superdoll post=48905250][/quote]
It doesnt matter,make houston your poe and book. Local flight to dallas.
I was in the sme shoes with you,filled in houston on visa app,Plans changed and chicago became an option.i entered thru houston and took a local flight to Chicago

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 12:56am On Aug 30, 2016
firsttymum:
but this kojic tingy is bleaching stuff nau.... Anyway hope u guys know it's not every cream that's advisable to use when u r breastfeeding?...

I say make I no talk put. I say I wait 10 mths to do facial treatment that managed to restore my semi dudu complexion from charcoal after 3mths, they said they used acid baff, add fair and white put. It got me wondering who am i trying to impress?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by QUTEE: 1:17am On Aug 30, 2016
Hello All.
First time posting here, however, i have been in reading mode for a while. Got into Houston a week ago.
I have a B1/B2 Visa expiring nxt year and used it for vacation before. Did the notification email and got the normal response. So here goes my POE Interview.

CBP: Hello
Me: Hi .... *Tired face and voice
CBP: Can i have your landing card
* hands it over to him
CBP: what kind of food stuff do you have
Me: Nigerian foods, cereal, dried fish Rice
CBP: okay. Who stays at this address
Me:Friend of the Family
CBP: How long are you staying this time
Me: 8 weeks. I'm here to have my baby.
CBP: oh! I see. Do you have money to cover your bills
Me. Yes I do. Asks me to show him the cash 8k and i showed him but he didn't count it.
Then he stamps me in for 6 months and tells me to ensure i pay my bills and not take any form of insurance all in less than 3 minutes.
That was how i walked Majestically to retrieve my boxes and head to my destination.

Thank you all for this thread... you don't know how much it helps.
Cc@ justwise, Modath, nefertitiram, firstymum, Nasadiva, LadyG, Ozycy, Ajokegold etc... The list is long abeg.
P.S. Can anyone give me their experience on Soulcare and Soj Urban Living and which is most recommended . I'm using DR E.

Thank you.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Cobiss: 2:44am On Aug 30, 2016
I dont know if u have been answered. I flew Lufthansa back with baby to abuja on 27th August. Also came here to ask questions since i got same quote from them over the phone. I even sent my brother to go find out at the airport a week b4 my travel date because i was expecting a cheaper rate but it was same price. I grudgingly paid and was really pissed till i got to the airport. While heading to the queue, they saw i was with baby and they asked me to go to elsewhere with no queue at all. I was with mum n baby and had 6 bags all 51 or 52 pounds, they didnt talk abt the extra weight or excess bags and i even checked in my hand luggage so we wont carry anything.

KayLayChi:

Congratulations Oluphilip.

Please I'm interested in the answer cos I will be using Lufthansa in November. Did anyone get a cheaper quote at the airport cos this $365 plenty in this recession.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 5:58am On Aug 30, 2016
Hello House,

Just wakaing pass & say make i greet una ni oooo grin

Lie lie, na sontin i need... grin I need small favour, pls anyone dey return in the next 2wks or so to help dem homegirl with small package? Less than 500g & Aswerigod NDLEA nor go use the person do yeye... tongue

Cc Firsttymum, nefertitiram, ladyGunivere, & any other person wey fit allay fears...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 6:17am On Aug 30, 2016
nefertitiram:

I say make I no talk put. I say I wait 10 mths to do facial treatment that managed to restore my semi dudu complexion from charcoal after 3mths, they said they used acid baff, add fair and white put. It got me wondering who am i trying to impress?

Nah, Kojic isn't that bad... I used it on recommendation (SIL J say i too black grin) but found out i didn't change much,just but cleared a few hyperpigmentation, guess na as my head skrong na hin body skrong.....

To get serious effect, the user has to rub it like cream for 30 mins or so before taking her bath & Mo isn't about that life, She complained when i returned that i still insist on looking like black face jester despite her best effort bah& asked if i didn't use the soap, said i did but e nor work... she said it didn't cause i didn't use it well.. I apologised for wasting her time and concern for my "welfare" grin

Babe, if e dey work so great, you think she go need to dey find person wey dey go morika to give or sell her 5kg luggage space for her Tejuosho concoction she has dedicated her life to now?

@firsty ,

That Kojic doesn't work that much, it's drying though like our black soap....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mzmobolanle: 7:00am On Aug 30, 2016
thanks, am using dr dama ziwortin , U can write them dziworitin@obmc.org , you will get all the necessary info.
Ulio:

Mzbolanle, congrats on your poe. Pls which dr are u using n how do I make contact. For cost M 30weeks already. Help a sis abeg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 7:44am On Aug 30, 2016
ifyadajesus:
. Hello did you use Dr dama ziwortrin and method hospital if yes did pay additional 300 dollars for the assistant

Sorry being busy with LO. Being off surfing fir a while. Nope I delivered via vagina. So no additional cost....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2016
happytbaby:
Okay dear, these things are the price we pay for motherhood.

my dear u can say that again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:52am On Aug 30, 2016
modath:

Nah, Kojic isn't that bad... I used it on recommendation (SIL J say i too black grin) but found out i didn't change much,just but cleared a few hyperpigmentation, guess na as my head skrong na hin body skrong.....

To get serious effect, the user has to rub it like cream for 30 mins or so before taking her bath & Mo isn't about that life, She complained when i returned that i still insist on looking like black face jester despite her best effort bah& asked if i didn't use the soap, said i did but e nor work... she said it didn't cause i didn't use it well.. I apologised for wasting her time and concern for my "welfare" grin

Babe, if e dey work so great, you think she go need to dey find person wey dey go morika to give or sell her 5kg luggage space for her Tejuosho concoction she has dedicated her life to now?

@firsty ,

I've never heard bout it b4! You knw me and you have unbleachable skin. Abi make we try Yoruba actresses wash wash? Bukky Wright leads the pack
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2016
modath:

@firsty ,

Ur skin stubborn gan... Kikikikikikikikiki people wey dey use kojic dey white o....
But bleaching an already hyperpigmented skin... Has to b extra work. mehn at times like these I'm so happy I'm caramel... Oh yes u heard me... I'm caramel... Kikikikikikikikiki...
On a serious note it's easier to b dark than fair.

I use cocoa butter skin therapy oil... And all that pregnancy hyperpigmentation left. Now I'm back to vaseline. As that's d only smell I can stand with this belle.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:10am On Aug 30, 2016
modath:

Hello House,

Just wakaing pass & say make i greet una ni oooo grin

Lie lie, na sontin i need... grin I need small favour, pls anyone dey return in the next 2wks or so to help dem homegirl with small package? Less than 500g & Aswerigod NDLEA nor go use the person do yeye... tongue

Cc Firsttymum, nefertitiram, ladyGunivere, & any other person wey fit allay fears...
kikikikikikikikiki okay wait I dey come
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2016
nefertitiram:

I've never heard bout it b4! You knw me and you have unbleachable skin. Abi make we try Yoruba actresses wash wash? Bukky Wright leads the pack

Dem dey shame me aswear..... moreover, how dem dey develop the psyche to stay committed to that cause is beyond me. ... I never even remember /care enough to rub moisturizer for my tiger stripes,na 5 different regime i go dey follow daily to "maintain" , God punish devil, that would never be me..... cheesy

I dey pity J seriously, she is a slave to that thing and like i told you, her present "flawless" tone a la Lola Omotayo (Peter square's wife ) started with a shade close to Rihanna's...

@firsty,

My hyperpigmentation(very very minimal) is a result of living in dry Abuja weather, not caring about maintaining skin colour (lighter as a child/teenager but lived in lagos then) and my oily skin, my T zone fit fry fish!!!

I'm committed to Aveeno now, so we good...

P.S... Are you preggers? shocked shocked .... Have i been that MIA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:19am On Aug 30, 2016
Qutee
Congratulations darling
Favour
Thank God. We give God the glory

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2016
DW went through Newark, 26th August 2016 and it was uneventful and breezy. Total time spent at POE, 4mins. I'll post her transcript in a minute.

dunnibaby:
Hi everyone. Does anyone know how easy Newark POE is? A friend is talking about possibly getting a cheap ticket to Newark instead of New York and I need to be sure I won't have too much stress when passing through CBP at Newark. I can't sacrifice successful entry for cheap ticket. Pls help me so I can decide, time don dey go... Na gode!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2016
She's a learner, but doesn't wanna learn. kikikiki

chloe7:
please madam stop quoting long posts it makes the thread long to read ehn lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2016
modath:

@firsty,

My hyperpigmentation(very very minimal) is a result of living in dry Abuja weather, not caring about maintaining skin colour (lighter as a child/teenager but lived in lagos then) and my oily skin, my T zone fit fry fish!!!

I'm committed to Aveeno now, so we good...

P.S... Are you preggers? shocked shocked .... Have i been that MIA?

You've been so Mia.... Yes I am preggers. Covers face. And there are plenty team 2015 back here o...
Me I can't use lotion.. if its not oil or Petroleum jelly, count me out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 9:05am On Aug 30, 2016
Diamond bank is. No 3 on the list.

bigfido:

i am not sure diamond bank is part of the ban
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gracefultosin: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2016
Good Morning everyone, Please is there anyone that has an accommodation in el paso and willing to share out a room. I am going to el paso in October and will be out in December. Kindly send me a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bisilola: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=48911907] I.just checked wow.... New York 261k wow[/quote

@FTM,pls which airline was 261k to newyork when
You checked pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 9:45am On Aug 30, 2016
firsttymum:

You've been so Mia.... Yes I am preggers. Covers face. And there are plenty team 2015 back here o...
Me I can't use lotion.. if its not oil or Petroleum jelly, count me out.

Waoh waoh waoh, thot "something" happened then & was all clear... if you know what I'm saying.... or is it a recent devt?

I used oil too, but only for my lower limbs, the skin there dry small!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2016
Its time to use the famous words again. smiley " In the spirit of giving back", 1st use was in page 40 of this same PART 4.(Visa interview)

Fit to fly from port health. She was 35weeks,(tommy not that big) but was certified for 31weeks by port health

DW flew Ethiopian Airline to Lome - Newark on the 25th August.(Yes Ethiopian Airline) In flight entertainment was excellent. Booked a seat with plenty leg room for her so no swollen legs all through the flight duration. Cabin crew was awesome as reported.

Couldn't believe all that, kos I gat all series of "Orange is the new black", "Tyrant", "Power", downloaded into her pad. She go watch series tire, kos we had already written off inflight entertainment, but it turned out otherwise. Touched down Newark @ 7:30pm, straight to CBP. She was on a long queue.

CBP: Passport collected from her and her fingers scanned.
CBP: How was your flight?
DW: Fine, but I am tired as you can see.
CBP: Oh yea, you here for?
DW: Childbirth and vacation
CBP: Have you contacted a doctor
DW: Yes,(hands over doctor correspondences)
CBP: In Houston?
DW: Yes, Houston.
CBP: How much do you have with you?
DW: 3000$ and some funds in my debit cards.(Didn't request to sight)
CBP: How long are you staying in Houston
DW: 8 weeks.

Stamps her in for 6 months ,retrieved her luggage and straight to agric. She had a lot of foods stuff. Grounded uda, Atama leave, Peppersoup stuffs, crayfish, pepper, dried fish, ogbono, groundnut, egusi, uziza , Onion chicken noodles e.t.c. None was seized. Called her already booked hotel and was picked after 10 minutes. Passed the night and flew to Houston the following morning.

Thanks a million to the frequent commentators in here. Names are endless. Lady G, Nef, Firstymum, y'all are far too kind. I wish all expectant mothers a successful Visa interview and successful POE experience.

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2016
Bro, congratulations! And more success stories for you both IJN.

But my eyes perked up when i saw "Orange is the new Black" and Co... I'm all about those series oh!
I wish i knew you... I for collect those downloads oh!

Ewuuu Nwannem!

#Crosses thighs over clasped palms, shudders and shakes head (a la Nollywood elders)#

herrik066:
Its time to use the famous words again. smiley " In the spirit of giving back", 1st use was in page 40 of this same PART 4.(Visa interview)

Fit to fly from port health. She was 35weeks,(tommy not that big) but was certified for 31weeks by port health

DW flew Ethiopian Airline to Lome - Newark on the 25th August.(Yes Ethiopian Airline) In flight entertainment was excellent. Booked a seat with plenty leg room for her so no swollen legs all through the flight duration. Cabin crew was awesome as reported.

Couldn't believe all that, kos I gat all series of "Orange is the new black", "Tyrant", "Power", downloaded into her pad. She go watch series tire, kos we had already written off inflight entertainment, but it turned out otherwise. Touched down Newark @ 7:30pm, straight to CBP. She was on a long queue.

CBP: Passport collected from her and her fingers scanned.
CBP: How was your flight?
DW: Fine, but I am tired as you can see.
CBP: Oh yea, you here for?
DW: Childbirth and vacation
CBP: Have you contacted a doctor
DW: Yes,(hands over doctor correspondences)
CBP: In Houston?
DW: Yes, Houston.
CBP: How much do you have with you?
DW: 3000$ and some funds in my debit cards.(Didn't request to sight)
CBP: How long are you staying in Houston
DW: 8 weeks.

Stamps her in for 6 months ,retrieved her luggage and straight to agric. She had a lot of foods stuff. Grounded uda, Atama leave, Peppersoup stuffs, crayfish, pepper, dried fish, ogbono, groundnut, egusi, uziza , Onion chicken noodles e.t.c. None was seized. Called her already booked hotel and was picked after 10 minutes. Passed the night and flew to Houston the following morning.

Thanks a million to the frequent commentators in here. Names are endless. Lady G, Nef, Firstymum, y'all are far too kind. I wish all expectant mothers a successful Visa interview and successful POE experience.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2016
Ulio:

Congrats dear on d arrival of your baby. What's lo n which state are you in. M looking at texas s n md

Hehehehehe!!!! This is exactly the question I have been asking but didnt have enough courage to throw it open to the house before some mamas roast me alive. I have seen other abbreviations too like DW, DH and so I had to come up with the answers myself so I can satisfy my curiosity, LO ---Loved one, DW---Dear wife, DH---dear husband. Wonder if am right.lol.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 10:13am On Aug 30, 2016
Please does anyone here have any experience with Delta Airlines? Will be flying them in Sept. Want to know what the in-flight entertainment and food is like. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 10:20am On Aug 30, 2016
QUTEE:
Hello All.
First time posting here, .
P.S. Can anyone give me their experience on Soulcare and Soj Urban Living and which is most recommended . I'm using DR E.

Thank you.
Welcome to Houston, enjoy your stay and safe delivery to you.
As for accommodation, I used Soulcare and will always recommend them. They take you for appointment and shopping etal, and most apartments have bus route for days you want to waka on your own if you are like me that likes waka waka lol. I don't have any experience from SOJ but pple here hav used them successfully too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.