Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,231 members, 7,849,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (906948 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Omodadi2: 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
shithapuns:

HMMM..THEse questions about car rentals and driving in the usa is beginning to frighten me.
Pls while I may say that driving in the usa is easier than driving in naija...........it comes with its own special wahala.....
1. road signs/ speed limits/ traffic lights/going really slow on the speed lane etc......all are punishable offences in the usa, while in naija...its really not taken serious..

in naija I see some people really going quite slow, saying doing 35mph in the speed lane on the expressway...n when u r behind them...they refuse to either increase speed or go to the other lane....try this in the usa and u will be booked, a cop doesn't need to be there, the aggrieved party can simply inform the highway cops..

2ndly traffic offences come with a minimum 250 dollar ticket, and in some cases an entry might be made against your passport/visa..........

so I would advice all newbies to try driving under the supervision of an old hand for a few days b4 going out on your own.
then if you don't know/hvnt operated a maps app on ur phone b4..or a gps based navigation map...............then driving in usa would b a lot lot more difficult.........I would advice you simply do uber

Thanks hun! I apreciate, we just dey find cheaper ways u know
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Omodadi2: 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
chloe7:
Omodadi have you arrived the u.s is omodadi2 your new moniker.? No word from you on the forum again, how's it going?

Chloe7, yes. Cldnt access the other suddenly and had to register again. Had some delay at a deadly time bt thank God.Will be travelling this week
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
chloe7:
Osat82 I you won't be doing a lot of moving around e.g like me I plan my waka whenever i'm abroad I no dey commot every day, on like doctors appointment and shopping etc you can do uber or any other cheaper option you have because these oyibo people when they fine it's as if they are putting knife on your neck, if you are not so familiar with the driving rules of your destination then do uber or any other cheaper option you just might have. Cheers

ok thank u,i will just respect myself and use uber or get familiar with the bus route, i can't dash anyone $1 of my money
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by FFFB: 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2016
sugah:

Which is best? I do not know cos I never reach that stage.

But people go for etc when they have a short time left in the US. The process for etc is on page 1.

Thanks but please kindly confirm if this is correct if LO has nigerian and US passport can she travel frm nigeria to US with the US passsport and frm US to Nigeria with nigeria passport without immigration issues or visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by FFFB: 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
sugah:

But people go for etc when they have a short time left in the US. The process for etc is on page 1.

Thanks but please kindly confirm if this is correct if LO has nigerian and US passport can she travel frm nigeria to US with the US passsport and frm US to Nigeria with nigeria passport without immigration issues or
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by FFFB: 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2016

But people go for etc when they have a short time left in the US. The process for etc is on page

Thanks but please kindly confirm if this is correct if LO has nigerian and US passport can she travel frm nigeria to US with the US passsport and frm US to Nigeria with nigeria passport without immigration issues or
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by FFFB: 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2016
Thanks but please kindly confirm if this is correct if LO has nigerian and US passport can she travel frm nigeria to US with the US passsport and frm US to Nigeria with nigeria passport without immigration issues pls help urgent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
FFFB:

When your LO is departing Nigeria you would present the Nigerian passport to immigration and when entering the US you present the US passport at POE.....and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by FFFB: 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
sugah:

When your LO is departing Nigeria you would present the Nigerian passport to immigration and when entering the US you present the US passport at POE.....and vice versa

Thank u so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
Please I want to buy about 20kg of Crayfish. if you have an idea of the price let me know. quote me. thanks.

oyibo4real:
Very quickly my people, please I want 2 send dry prawns 2 a friend in US, I've grinded crayfish n other seeds, but she said she rilly needs d prawns ungrinded, will it be seized? Biko nu, ejoo! I rilly need answers ASAP cos d person's brother will be traveling 2morow. Thanks in anticipation of una response!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by julzz(f): 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
sugah:

I don't get this! Without visa? When I was returning to Nigeria via united air from houston the airline rep kept announcing 'If you are presenting a US passport there should be a Nigerian visa on it' and I am guessing same goes for the Nigerian passport - US visa, correct me if I'm wrong. I am reluctant to process the Nigerian passport for my son if i'll still have to reapply for Nigerian visa on his passport like there's no need. Enlighten me house, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChicMalkia: 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
If your son has both passports, then he has no need for a visa when travelling between both countries. All he needs do is travel with both passports and present whichever is requested at the various points of entry and departures

julzz:

I don't get this! Without visa? When I was returning to Nigeria via united air from houston the airline rep kept announcing 'If you are presenting a US passport there should be a Nigerian visa on it' and I am guessing same goes for the Nigerian passport - US visa, correct me if I'm wrong. I am reluctant to process the Nigerian passport for my son if i'll still have to reapply for Nigerian visa on his passport like there's no need. Enlighten me house, thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
julzz:

Madam read the highlighted part again. When you are entering Nigeria you would present your NIGERIAN passport.. If you present a US passport then it would have to have a Nigerian Visa on it.

If your son has a Nigerian passport as well as a US passport then he would need to travel with both whenever he travels.
He would be stamped in and out of Nigeria on his Nigerian passport and in and out of US on his US passport.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
FFFB:

Yes, for sure.But she has to always travel with both passports.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by FFFB: 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
Austine2020:
Yes, for sure.But she has to always travel with both passports.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumcshyn: 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
@Cmeo pls i still need the drugs.thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chima1ng(m): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
i rented a car at ATL airport $780 for a month, there was some charges i think it was $18 a day or so. my host showed me most of d traffic signs then the 3rd day was all alone wit gps n that was it.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
asikiye:
To those of us who travel with Pap, do you also travel with evaporated or powdered milk because i so HATE their fresh milk and in naija/african stores our milk is expensive. if you do, do they seize them at the agriculture? thinking of how to produce enough breastmilk this time around. then any tips on getting one's belly flat quickly? any native tips?
Nido at Walmart was the most familiar to me

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
@bigfido,

Trying to contact u. Don't know how it works. Can u pm the name of doctor please and accommodation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gusfy823: 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
Pls any news on PTA from stanbic lately?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by julzz(f): 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
ChicMalkia:
If your son has both passports, then he has no need for a visa when travelling between both countries. All he needs do is travel with both passports and present whichever is requested at the various points of entry and departures

Oh really, thanks. We learn everyday indeed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gusfy823: 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
@bigfido

Tried to contact you, I don't know how to send a pm. Please can you pm me about your review of whmc and accommodation details. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by julzz(f): 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2016
sugah:

Madam read the highlighted part again. When you are entering Nigeria you would present your NIGERIAN passport.. If you present a US passport then it would have to have a Nigerian Visa on it.

If your son has a Nigerian passport as well as a US passport then he would need to travel with both whenever he travels.
He would be stamped in and out of Nigeria on his Nigerian passport and in and out of US on his US passport.

Thanks for the info, I had always had this on my mind now it's clear. Will go ahead and process the passport, thanks again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 9:51pm On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
chima1ng:
i rented a car at ATL airport $780 for a month, there was some charges i think it was $18 a day or so. my host showed me most of d traffic signs then the 3rd day was all alone wit gps n that was it.
Pardon my ignorance. Which license did you present at the booking counter when you got your rental?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
MamaOO:

Pardon my ignorance. Which license did you present at the booking counter when you got your rental?

Your Nigerian drivers license or international drivers license depending on the length of your stay.
Some US states allow you to use your regular Nigerian licence for 30days after your entry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
For everybody thinking about renting a car in the US. It is actually a very good idea and cost saving too. But please read up on the state driving laws before picking up that rental car. State laws differ greatly from state to state. Some state allow you to use your home country license for a month, some want an international license and some flat out will not allow you drive without a state issued DL.

Most of those officers at the rental agencies (especially those at the front desk) almost don't have an idea of those rules. Also, if you rent a car, please, please, please, purchase an insurance with it. Those things will save a lot of trouble, especially since you don't have vehicle insurance on any car here. And please, familiarize yourself with GPS, traffic rules(read the book if possible) and traffic lights. I swear, the way the traffic lights in some states are structured confuses me as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
sugah:

Your Nigerian drivers license.
A lot of states do not allow you to drive with an out-of-country license and the guys at the front office of the rental car agency do not know better. It's better to go to the DMV and confirm before renting a car as that could lead to a lot of troubles.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
MamaOO:

A lot of states do not allow you to drive with an out-of-country license and the guys at the front office of the rental car agency do not know better. It's better to go to the DMV and confirm before renting a car as that could lead to a lot of troubles.

Iv had to rent cars in different states in the US. Its usually easier to rent from the airport than the in-town offices cos they understand that foreigners exist grin. The only issue iv had is not having a credit card but never with my license.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
sugah:

Iv had to rent cars in different states in the US. Its usually easier to rent from the airport than the in-town offices cos they understand that foreigners exist grin. The only issue iv had is not having a credit card but never with my license.
Lol. You get it, they do know that foreigners exists unlike the rest of them. The airport ones will give you a car easier than the ones inside of the city. I also didn't know about the credit card thingy until I tried to rent a car in Canada, and they started giving me stories. Uber rates nearly killed me cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.