Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900731 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Reporting live from Lasgidi,home sweet home. I just had time away from my darlings. Just back to lasgidi almost 2 weeks ago but the journey back was so eventful.
I and my mom got to the airport late as a matter of fact we were the last,emirate decided to capitalise on that. Me sef show them fire,they were so nasty&were bahaving like I didn't pay for my flight. As cards were declining I couldn't pay for the twins ticket online,had to pay at the airport. I had 13 bags that included 2 car seats and 1 twin stroller. Their manager started acting up when he saw my luggage, that we would pay $600. I was like eh,no way. In between my babies were crying,only the ladies were so kind to assist me. I literally screamed at him to just shut up,my mom was the one begging and telling me to shut up. The rubbish manager even said they wouldn't fly us&I told him point blank that I wouldn't fly too but would collect my return ticket money&report him for been rude&acting up.
But the ladies were kind enough to help us rearrange the bags&one of the ladies said we should pay $350 for excess this same man said no way $600 or no way. I told told him off that I want my bags back,my mom was just begging the man cis she had to be in lagos unfailingly for a meeting on monday. She eventually paid $400,it pained me o cos it was suppose to be like $300 even though I has budgetted $300 for excess as stroller and car seats were checked in free.
The ladies were so helpful and courteous&helped me all through. Again luckily for us,a Ghanaian woman say us from afar and came to help me cross the immigration easily with the stroller. The American immigration officers were even playing with the twins,before we knew it emirate staffs were already at the other side waiting for us. The Ghanaian woman helped us with our stroller till we got to the plane&stroller was taken from me that I would get it in dubai.
We got bassinet for the twins and they behave so well,no crying but eat and sleep for the 14hrs to dubai. Another wahala in dubai,they didn't give me my stroller o. The kind waka we waka to the point where a bus took us to a hotel was rubbish. Their own stroller was dirty and not working properly,I was alost crying. My mom was just taking her time,I was just like this emirate should have just provided a train to take us to where to get our visa for 1 day. I was not just in the mood with diaper bag and napsack heavy ones on my back. Luckily for us,someone saw us and told us to go to baggage claim within the airport to get a good stroller or ask for my own. When I saw the long process to get it,I gave up and went for their own stroller in the baggage claim after using almost over 1 hr to get to our we would connect to the hotel. Hotel was good and then we proceed the next day for our last dubai-lags flight. The air hostess were so nice,plenty food and they were always checking on the twins in the bassinet.
We finally landed in lasgidi on Sunday 3pm another wahala,all through the journey my mind was on our luggagesite. With the way I invested in diapers in like 3 bags plus all my babies new clothes from people that are in 2 bags. My mind was not at rest as that rubbish manager already told me that my bags might not even get to lags. After we were done with immigration as we has to do Visa On Arrival,$200 each better than taking a flight to atlanta or paying $375 for 1 visa per baby in this dollar in smiling,my oga will not hear it. With all our previous spending and still paying,me sef I respect myself.
Fast forward,luggages started coming in and I was wide at alert. My husband was calling me as God would have it,he knew someone that brought him in. The joy on his face when he saw his babies was full. I ran back to get our bags,meanwhile my husband was calling to know how far. Finally got all our bags but within a twinkle of am eye my phone got missing. I was like ehhh,now now. Welcome to Nigeria, I scattered my hand bag and diaper bags nothing. I screamed on those boys that help to carry bags that they took my phone,when my husband knew what was happening he was very angry. Someone then said we should go and report and the airport police station. Meanwhile we were already using almost 2hrs o,I heard that the man in charge of the police station at the airport is a no nonsense man that my phone would come out. Lo and behold just as we were getting to the police station,my brother called my husband that they had found my phone just beside our luggages. Hian,the man in charge of the police station laughed and laughed,he knew what had happened. By the time I saw the phone,the scream guard was almost removed and my sim card was almost removed. I just quietly carried myself out of the airport. Shame on them,after 4months away my welcome home was that they want to steal my phone.
Got home to a bowl of pounded yam with vegetable soup plus the rice and stew made by my husband. Noplace like home,resting at home. Still on leave,my boss told me to take my time. My girls are wonderful,they don't even disturb at night. For now,told my husband no visitor,I want to rest till next week. My husband has been bonding so well with the girls,infact nursing father. Already went for BCG
All thanks to God Almighty for the success of this missionary journey,I went as 1 but came back as 3. Nah God ooo,thank u to all that were praying for us and those that look out for us. God bless you guys.
Sorry for the long epistle,had to take time to write this as my angels are sleeping

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
TripleKMama:
Tanks. I've downloaded Lyft n set my pick-up location. U mean to say my first ride na free? grin

Yes but they would spilt it. If your ride is over $10 they use remove $10 and u pay the rest. Then another ride $10 is deducted free if it's over $10 and u pay the rest

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
Wow! Dis can only be God. I rmbr ur story too well. Welcome back home. Glory to God!
temyb:
Reporting live from Lasgidi,home sweet home.
Sorry for the long epistle,had to take time to write this as my angels are sleeping

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
TripleKMama:
Tanks. I've downloaded Lyft n set my pick-up location. U mean to say my first ride na free? grin

Thought u need a card to pay or is it cash
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
Yes u need a dollar card.
Ulio:

Thought u need a card to pay or is it cash
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Latolly: 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
Good morning house!
Pls can sombody kindly help urgently with Tankos no and postal address. My email is "dokkita2002@yahoo.com" Thank you o!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
TripleKMama:
Kikikikikikikikiki
D way u dey make me laugh en...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
Temyb
It is God.... It's God...
I'm grateful to God for you.
I'm so happy it ended in praise... We give God the glory

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Latolly: 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
@ temyb
[quote author=temyb post=50362351]Reporting live from Lasgidi)

Congrats sis,......welcome home dear. I tap into your anointing of double double o. We thank God for God's mercy !

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
so which brand of oyinbo noodles is this for us noodles lover lol.
TripleKMama:
Indomie Update
So I decided not to travel wit naija food for fear of extra delay at POE. Finally tried oyinbo noodles in USA for d first time in history. Verdict - not bad at all. Simply garnish ur own style,add stew,plenty onions & veggies. Most importantly, for ur mind, imagine u're in eating it in naija. Trust me, it works! No need to carry cartons of nooodles- unless like some peeps case, on special host's demand cool #SuperYum #PresidentialDebateLoading
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
temyb welcome home. We give God all the glory. I can imagine your joy. Kisses to the twins.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
@temyb welcome back with your babies. you went through alot! Thank God for everything.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
temyb:
All thanks to God Almighty for the success of this missionary journey,I went as 1 but came back as 3. Nah God ooo,thank u to all that were praying for us and those that look out for us.

Wow thank God for you temyb. I jst went tru ur post. THANK God u r home n it ended in praise. A big congrats to u, Los n hubby

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by merrymum: 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
temyb:
Reporting live from Lasgidi,home sweet home to know how far. Finally got all our bags but within a twinkle of am eye my phone got missing. I was like ehhh,now now. Welcome t my angels are sleeping

Welcome back temyb. To God be all the glory.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Annim: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
zitaspears:
please where is HNWMC in which state.it looks like it's the cheapest i have seenough. Pls doc details too. Thank you and congrats

Pls mail me annim2k@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
@temyb, welcome back home.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
temyb:

I bless the Lord on behalf of you & your family.It could only have been God. Welcome back home iya beji!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by psyche003: 6:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hello everyone,

I've been following this topic for a while now and I need advice.

me and hubs were just rejected for a tourist visa earlier this week. We planned to go for two weeks this November, but the guy said that we don;t have enough ties, blah blah, etc etc.

Anyway, I'm close to five months pregnant, though I'm not really showing yet. I planned to go back early next year then have my baby there. Now, I want to apply again. I'm wondering if it's best to apply for the medical visa, just me, without hubby, then him and my mom can apply for seperate visas since they'll be joining me a week before my due date.

Or should me and my mom apply together.

I don't know how to prepare the budget and all that yet, but I plan to search the topic for that. I have about $8,000k in my Dom account, it will be more before my interview date. I guess that will be enough?

Please help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gagat: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
MamaTobenna:
Intending 2017 LA mamas where Una dey

Yes ooo! I'm present ma'am. Any goodies for us. I guess i'm not late for this super package from mamaTobenna.
Greetings to all the Sabi mama's and papa's in the house.
Congrats to all those with successful POE and delivery experiences. May God bless us all. Amen

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Correct1: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
@temyb, welcome home. I thank God on your behalf. May he keep sustaining you and the twins.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ada87: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
ozycy:
Una never jam men that even after accepting your request/plan of American baby and so many other things, after marriage, story go change and OYO will be your case.
na that kind man I marry,refuse to rent house sef still want to live with his mother

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fatima04: 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
Good evening house. Pls who can confirm the new rate travelex is selling dollar, because we just keep hearing dt d price is falling ooo whats the other way of getting more fx in dis economy.

Congrats to triplekmama on Pie experience nd welcome back to temmyb.kisses to the twins

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by powermike9999: 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
Pls do I need to pay any fee for the notary service at d embassy?

quin9:

As for lagos it's not mon - fri as but only /Tues,DH was there on fri and was told so,so it was done today and parcel is already on the way to me,also you don't need to print the form it would be given to you at the embassy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
powermike9999:
Pls do I need to pay any fee for the notary service at d embassy?

Notarizing consent letter is FOC.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ugoguchy(f): 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Please does the emergency travel certificate (ETC) still work in d case where u have little time to get a visa for your baby?
Urgent reply needed asap please
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
ada87:
na that kind man I marry,refuse to rent house sef still want to live with his mother
Lol. But you need to be patient with this type of person. Strategize and talk to him, he will listen.

Welcome back temyb
Latolly, send me a pm if you still need the contact.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 21, 2016
ozycy:

Lol. But you need to be patient with this type of person. Strategize and talk to him, he will listen.

Welcome back temyb
Ha!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Latolly: 12:11am On Oct 21, 2016
ozycy:

Thanks sis, PM sent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Latolly: 12:21am On Oct 21, 2016
@ temyb
Pls my sis, abeg didn't emirate ask for Naija Visa for the twins, I want to tow your line o and go for visa on arival, these Naija visa prices are not looking good o in this dollar craze.

House
Heard Tanko no longer does visa....pls is this true or Na faboo?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Annim: 12:51am On Oct 21, 2016
TOKNOW:

pls which peadiatrician did you use/ and how was your entire experience with HNWMC.

Hospital, doctor and nurses are very okay. Got some freebies for my baby... Had HBP that made me spend an extra night but was not charged. Got my zero balance from the hospital while I was still on admission. Also got confirmation of epidural paid while in the hospital. All in all experience was very okay. Also noticed they are not quick to send baby to NICU. Used a Nigerian pead after discharge. While in hospital you will have to use theirs its compulsory.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pemisire4ever: 2:36am On Oct 21, 2016
My wife is a US green card holder and she want to travel with my 1yr old son to Nigeria. she already got our son his US passport book so I want to know if she will need to acquire Nigeria visa on his US passport book before he can travel back home with her to visit my parents? I want to know if he can get Nigeria passport on arrival or she must get him Nigeria passport before leaving the states? Great mother in the house who have travel to US for child birth and return home should kindly advice on this questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ezemistic: 3:18am On Oct 21, 2016
Hello House, anyone who need a shared apartment at Queens, New York between Now till Dec should contact me. I was to share for this period. I can forward you details of the apartment when u inbox me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.