Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899951 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Beryl15: 4:34am On Oct 29, 2016
temmyo:
Hello e family.

Please is there anyone who got baby a nigerian passport recently by walking in to the embassy regardless of the appointment date given you?

Also, how far apart is the Ä…ppointment date from the time one applies? is one able to choose between dated for a convenient time?

sorry for the confusing questions. Please help a tired first time mom
You don't have to wait for the appointment date. Just go with your receipts and necessary documents and you'll be attended to.(BTDT twice)
For your second question, it's a week or less.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tolulope9009: 5:21am On Oct 29, 2016
AdomMum:
Hi Momo13! please how much did you pay for your infant's ticket?was it 10% of "your" return ticket?were you able to book for basinet?please can you fill me in on return waka with turkish airlines..thank you!

Hello AdomMum.. How you and your baby? Tried sending you a pm. How else do I reach you? I want to ask you a couple of questions about baby's documents. Thank you!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 6:02am On Oct 29, 2016
PART 5

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 6:06am On Oct 29, 2016
Congrats Leleti. May Jah be praised.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 7:13am On Oct 29, 2016
Beryl15:

You don't have to wait for the appointment date. Just go with your receipts and necessary documents and you'll be attended to.(BTDT twice)
For your second question, it's a week or less.
thank you so much.
Please what's btdt?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:16am On Oct 29, 2016
Been There Done That (BTDT)
temmyo:
thank you so much.
Please what's btdt?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulo01: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2016
Hello everyone. I want to thank all the Mama's who take out time to reply and provide information. A not so silent reader, when i decided on this journey this forum was a Godsend. I already had a visa which i had used for its purpose. Poe was New york which was uneventful. No secondary inspection just reason for visit and how long i'll be staying. I used a Birth center in Pennsylvania which is close to my hosts place in New jersey. Total bill was 6k dollars inclusive of labs, hearing test and first immunizations. Baby's birth cert came out in 2 weeks and i expedited US passport and got it in 2 days. Naija passport was gotten in 1 day and infant ticket was bought by my dh from Nigeria for 35k.( turkish airline). Thanks @Funtolash for all your help.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 8:26am On Oct 29, 2016
@TKM aka Rib Cracker,

Biko what's the d tea all about and what dose debino do in this matter cos I no mind join your trend oooooo

quote author=TripleKMama post=50584441]Weapons of warfare
Pls who else is taking dis tea & any tips on how to make it more palatable? All dis sacrifices I'm making for dis baby. It better end up as d next American President.
*Wot else are people using to ease/shorten labor naturally? grin[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2016
TripleKMama:
This hosp dey for heaven? cry

My thoughts exactly,but again let's just thank God for this Forum,its indeed an eye opener.
A friend I directed here last year had her baby in a hospital in Houston in 2012 and paid about $16k for normal delivery,same lady with my help and the help of this wonderful forum had a baby in same Houston last year for less than 8k. So,knowledge is power

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 8:43am On Oct 29, 2016
@leleti, Pls answer my pm oooooo I need the doc email oooooo I am porting to Emory and Dr Tate because water Don pass garri for Piedmont oooooo adhezekiah@gmail.com

quote author=leleti post=50593411]Thank you everyone for your kind words.It was really God in action.so I noticed justwise has erased the last sentence of my last post.Well done bros
@gold638 epidural would have been 425 dollars. Bank accepts wire transfers/form A
For the person also using Dr tate......He really is lovely.answered my mail immediately, laid the cards on the table, no bull.gave me options, and in spite of my fast labor was waiting for me in the hospital.plus, even with all the every every, no speck of blood on my cast.Impressive I tell ya.
Please Atl mamas, how long before BC is ready in Vital Records office? [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 9:10am On Oct 29, 2016
@volsea, hi.... , I see you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 11:24am On Oct 29, 2016
TripleKMama:
[b
*Wot else are people using to ease/shorten labor naturally? grin

Na so e dey be when the d day is near.I advice u enjoy your time alone. Do ur shopping, store up on sleep , go sight seeing and exercise cos when baby comes u won't get time for much except baby and documentation.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
In the spirit of giving back, we share our successful POE story.
DW and I flew Qatar from Lagos. We were able to get PTA from travelex and a bank because we planned well in advance and used all our contacts. Booked for a wheelchair which really helped fast track a lot of our movement. Airport in Lagos was hot and uncomfortable but we boarded at our stated time and arrived Doha after an uneventful flight.
At customs, they asked how much cash we had, we told them but as we were trying to get to the boarding gate, an SSS guy stopped me and asked me to come with him. Asked how much dollars cash we had, we told him about $6000 and $4000 in card. Tried to detain me that we should come and show evidence in their office but I stood my ground as I had done nothing wrong. Seems like they felt we were trying to under declare our FX but we answered all their questions at the currency declaration as we were asked. DW said if they are trying to delay me that we will all go to their office and insisted that she will follow me anywhere! God bless all women, the man backed down and told us we were free to go.
Doha airport was/is BEAUTIFUL! We'd booked a hotel and the room was top notch. Terminal from our hotel was long and we had to join a buggy to ease the stress. Met our first CBP before being checked in
CBP: morning. Why are you going to the united states
DW: I'm going to have my baby and rest a bit with the family
CBP: how many weeks are you?
DW: 3* weeks.
CBP: have you spoken with any hospital or paid any fees
DW: yes. States the hospital(Inova Fairfax ( and hands over receipt. She also shows Drs correspondence.
CBP: why is the cost so low?
DW: we signed for an international package which allows you to pay half for self pay patients.
CBP: what do you do?
DW: I'm ........ With ........
CBP: And you sir?
Me: I'm a ........ With .......
CBP: how long are you guys staying?
DW: 11 weeks.
CBP: All of you?
DW: yes
Tells the ticketing attendant. You can check them in but holds our passport and continues to type some things for several minutes. Later hands them back and wishes us a safe flight.
Continues in part 2

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
Part 2.
The flight was looooooooooooooong and I no dey chop them oyinbo food so hunger mama me for the plane. Your best bet if you are like me. Chop well before any flight and buy burger from the airport and take along on the flight.
Got to IAD and was fast tracked to the front to meet CBP.
CBP asked exactly the same questions, we gave the same answers. Asked how much cash, we told him $10170.
CBP: any food with you?
Me: legumes and other processed foods
CBP: any meat or fresh foods and plants?
Me: no. All foods procesed and dried.
He stamps us in till April 2017.
We went for secondary inspection cause we declared over $10000. CBP asks how much we have, told her $6170 cash, #4000 in card. We fill our forms and out we go. At the door another CBP collects our passports and scans our faces before handing it back. The wheelchair guy was amazing, always calming us down and assuring us everything was okay. Even gave us his phone to call my cousin and came to look for us when my cousin arrived to pick us up and couldn't get in touch with me.
All in all, a great journey and the hospital experience will come late.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
davsquared:
Missionary journey officialy ended. Was worth every hard earned dollar invested.

US passport -$165 . Came next workin day

[b][b]Did naija passport and did d whole sending money order to innovate services and all. Expedited to get same day . Extra $65. Was soo fast. Did not spend more dan two and half hrs at their office b4 i picked it up same day. Total $172

Hi Davsquared. Please i am interested in getting a Nigerian Passport or visa for my baby. My wife and baby are in Spring Tx. Could you please guide me on what to do regarding using the Innovate services? Also did you use them for the US passport? Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by drafrican: 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
Gdm 2017 mums in d house
Please does anyone know of a reasonable hospital in Michigan wud be grateful if you can state your bill
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Topnotch22: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
My NL people, I have come again with my questions oo
Please what food is acceptable at POE.. I'm arranging for fish, blended chilli pepper, blended melon, spices for peppersoup, ogi and blended crayfish.. would be well wrapped. Please show me the way ooo... im begging. Are all these allowed? If not what is??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by beejay112: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
Pls help a sis with the hospital name and bills,God bless

The flight was looooooooooooooong and I no dey chop them oyinbo food so hunger mama me for the plane. Your best bet if you are like me. Chop well before any flight and buy burger from the airport and take along on the flight.
CBP asked exactly the same questions, we gave the same answers. Asked how much cash, we told him $10170.
We went for secondary inspection cause we declared over $10000. CBP asks how much we have, told her $6170 cash, #4000 in card. We fill our forms and out we go. At the door another CBP collects our passports and scans our faces before handing it back. The wheelchair guy was amazing, always calming us down and assuring us everything was okay. Even gave us his phone to call my cousin and came to look for us when my cousin arrived to pick us up and couldn't get in touch with me.
[
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
@Ulo, congratulations and God bless ur LO

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by drafrican: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
Topnotch22:
Please what food is acceptable at POE.. I'm arranging for fish, blended chilli pepper, blended melon, spices for peppersoup, ogi and blended crayfish.. would be well wrapped. Please show me the way ooo... im begging. Are all these allowed? If not what is??
They all sound good to go
Just make sure you declare it on ur customs form
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
drafrican:
Gdm 2017 mums in d house
Please does anyone know of a reasonable hospital in Michigan wud be grateful if you can state your bill
Thanks

Congratulations. You were in Maryland for delivery in 2015! Congrats dear. Me, I'm in a corner cheering you guys. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
beejay112:
Pls help a sis with the hospital name and bills,God bless

[

We just arrived so can't state the bill yet but we plan to use Inova Fairfax which is about an hour from us here in Maryland. Will update as time goes on.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
I posted it before I tink. Here.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21280989

http://www.mamanatural.com/dates-during-pregnancy/

adluv:
@TKM aka Rib Cracker,

Biko what's the d tea all about and what dose debino do in this matter cos I no mind join your trend oooooo
grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
Double post
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bambambig: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
@freshface,got yournotifcation,kindly drop your email here.really dnt know how to go abt pm's and all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by davsquared: 6:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
NorthernshoreTS:

Hi Davsquared. Please i am interested in getting a Nigerian Passport or visa for my baby. My wife and baby are in Spring Tx. Could you please guide me on what to do regarding using the Innovate services? Also did you use them for the US passport?.

D thing is, though agents can help wit d process, i decided to do it myself.
For the DIY own, i went to d post office to get money orders, one for $77 and d oda for $30. $77 money order should b physically mailed to Innovate1 services in Connecticut after d form has been filled on Immigration website and the money order details attached to d said form. Wen dey reciv and process, u will get an email notifying u to log on to d website to complete d process and print out the receipts u shld go with to d passport office.
U den go along wit ur baby,d $30 Money order and other requirements to d passport office for processing and capture. In my case , i wanted to pik it up immediately so i bought an extra money order for $65 to expedite.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Correct1: 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
Annim:
Booked my infant ticket today with AF. Was not funny. 1st time I called I was told to book an adult return ticket from the US since LO is a US citizen. 2nd call gave me a quote of $464. 3rd call gave a quote of less than $100. Finally paid $98. Trick is to keep calling till you get someone reasonable to reason with.
Hello dear, can I send you a pm, I need some information about the hospital you used and the doctor please. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tolulope9009: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2016
Topnotch22:

Hi.. I was able to carry all these items. Ensure the fish is clean and very dry. Also ensure all items are neatly packed and labelled in Ziploc bags.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ddoy2003: 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
Good day wonderful people. Have been reading this thread for a very long long time and I find it so educative.God bless u all. Will want to have my next baby next year in USA in Massachusetts pls I will really appreciate the good mothers here to pls help with. Cost estimates and a hospital I can contact. Also what the Poe is like and also which airline is advisable to fly. Am sorry to have asked too much question but will be glad to get answers. Looking forward to ur positive responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hi, I paid at the airport on the day of travel.. I honestly do not know of it was 10% of my ticket or the price the day i flew!
We bought our return tickets through a travel agency before leaving naija (myself, DH and LO) and this was the reason i couldnt add my babys ticket over the phone.
However bassinet seats were assigned at check in after I paid.. hope that answers your questions!
quote author=AdomMum post=50539348]Hi Momo13! please how much did you pay for your infant's ticket?was it 10% of "your" return ticket?were you able to book for basinet?please can you fill me in on return waka with turkish airlines..thank you!
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gagat: 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
Dwebb55:
Part 2.

Congrats on your POE. Wishing you God's Favour as the next part of your journey unfolds.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gagat: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

Do you have an idea of how much for delivery

I was told it's very expensive but I don't have the figures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.