Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,696 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897973 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2016
@simababe, that's a really really cute baby you got there, many congrats. @leleti I don't know you but see me jumping upandan as I read your testimony cos I remembered your post on how you broke ur leg just b4 traveling. Wow! God is faithful indeed. Many many congrats to u and a God bless ur LO.
@Chiowerri Dec LA mum here. We should hook up and rub minds o

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gagat: 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
davsquared:
I didnt use epidural. In Northside, epidural does not form part of the hospital bill. It is billed differently

. THANKS so much for the info. God bless U. Pls respond to my PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gurlnext2u: 1:34am On Oct 28, 2016
Wow! Congrats leleti. God is awesome.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gagat: 1:35am On Oct 28, 2016
leleti:
Hello good people.....so had my precious bundle on the 24th of October in Emory University Midtown Hospital Atlanta. Was initially meant to use Dr Andrews and Northside, but due to my leg cast (it extends from thigh to toes) every single obgyn I talked to in Atlanta recommended a section at 39 weeks. I'm all for taking medical advice but I felt I could do a VD. so my host asked me to contact one Dr Joseph Tate.Apparently he is the VBAC guru of atlanta.Sent him a mail explaining my medical and gynaecological history.He replied immediately- it would be uncomfortable, he would prepare for an emergency CS, but he saw no reason why we shouldn't try.Met him a week later.Hes a nice little man, very full of jokes.not everyone's cup of tea I guess but we hit it off immediately and I felt comfortable in my decision.My family and hosts changed me to constant prayer point o.Fear was catching them. Me I just dey gentle and watched plenty Netflix and ate plenty food, exercised with my walking frame and waited for labor.Labor was......suffice to say I delivered like a Hebrew woman as my mama will say. Started having contractions in the morning, irregular and not painful so thought It was BH. Then around 5pm got more painful, still irregular.My host was in church, called and she rushed home.called Dr tates office.Contractions got very hard and fast in the car.Got to the hospital by 7pm, entered the delivery suite by 7.20- slight drama ensued when the registration desk was dilly dallying and I announced I would have my baby right there. Delivered baby by 7.40.no epidural, no time to worry about my leg.
Cost breakdown so far
Dr fee- 1500 after 35 weeks,2000 before 35 weeks
Tests- 100 accepts naija tests
Hospital- 3900 inclusive of paediatrician in hospital, hearing test, pku
Starting documentation next week.Atl mamas show me the way o
God has been sooooooo faithful to me.
My host has been AWESOME.

Congrats leleti! May our God be praised. Pls How much was the epidural suppose to cost?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Earlybird81(f): 2:05am On Oct 28, 2016
firsttymum:

Do u have a dom account? Let hubby fund it... Even if it's just $100. He can buy at blackmarket rate.
U can withdraw and use. If u don't... U prolly might have a relative who does...
Book with airbnb..
And then use their card details to pay.
That's after ur hubby has funded the account

I really do appreciate your response.I guess frustration and confusion (from all that I faced while on this babymission journey here in the US) made me rush down to my "family" smileyhere on NL forgetting the faceless aspect of the forum. DH is already sorting it out and we shdn't have any issues again in Newyork. I just didn't want any "yamayama" stress again as we are due to travel home nextweek!
Thank you so much fellow NLders.I still love this family (faced or faceless...lol) and love the way we offer our shoulder to one another in times of need.Thank you all!

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Earlybird81(f): 2:11am On Oct 28, 2016
@Chikos:thanks for your encouraging and insightful pm.
@Lovemeag:I replied your pm but yet to receive your mail.Thanks too.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 2:20am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello guys

So as I dey wait for baby to land... I am watching a lot of TV.

I came across this very interesting episode of US Border Security TV show.

A Nigerian pregnant woman with her husband being interviewed by CBP officers in Michigan. In summary, the woman was NOT allowed into the US... The CBP officer said repeatedly (as we always say on this thread) that IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO HAVE A BABY IN AMERICA you just need to show that you can afford it.

Happy watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urEJDuY2qao

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gold638: 2:44am On Oct 28, 2016
Biggest congrats leleti. So happy for you. I tap into grace o. I'm using Dr. Tate and Emory too. Been seeing him for 4weeks now and I'm die any moment. The guy's got really great reviews. Happy you liked and use him. Did he make it on time to deliver your baby? Will like to contact you via pm. Congrats again.

leleti:
Hello good people.....so had my precious bundle on the 24th of October in Emory University Midtown Hospital Atlanta. Was initially meant to use Dr Andrews and Northside, but due to my leg cast (it extends from thigh to toes) every single obgyn I talked to in Atlanta recommended a section at 39 weeks. I'm all for taking medical advice but I felt I could do a VD. so my host asked me to contact one Dr Joseph Tate.Apparently he is the VBAC guru of atlanta.Sent him a mail explaining my medical and gynaecological history.He replied immediately- it would be uncomfortable, he would prepare for an emergency CS, but he saw no reason why we shouldn't try.Met him a week later.Hes a nice little man, very full of jokes.not everyone's cup of tea I guess but we hit it off immediately and I felt comfortable in my decision.My family and hosts changed me to constant prayer point o.Fear was catching them. Me I just dey gentle and watched plenty Netflix and ate plenty food, exercised with my walking frame and waited for labor.Labor was......suffice to say I delivered like a Hebrew woman as my mama will say. Started having contractions in the morning, irregular and not painful so thought It was BH. Then around 5pm got more painful, still irregular.My host was in church, called and she rushed home.called Dr tates office.Contractions got very hard and fast in the car.Got to the hospital by 7pm, entered the delivery suite by 7.20- slight drama ensued when the registration desk was dilly dallying and I announced I would have my baby right there. Delivered baby by 7.40.no epidural, no time to worry about my leg.
Cost breakdown so far

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 28, 2016
Fyorgyn I just watched the video and i'm like what is wrong with woman why did she lie she's 16 weeks when she's 25 weeks, they allowed her husband and denied her entry, this should serve as a lesson for those who intend to lie, birthing is totally legal just as the cbp officer stated! It is well grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:18am On Oct 28, 2016
See f&ck up! shocked. The moni dey carry na almost 3x my own grin
Fyorgyn:

Happy watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urEJDuY2qao
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:21am On Oct 28, 2016
I'm wondering d meaning of Fyorgyn grin
How (s)he forge d name sef lipsrsealed
chloe7:
Fyorgyn I just watched the video and i'm like what is wrong with woman why did she lie she's 16 weeks when she's 25 weeks, they allowed her husband and denied her entry, this should serve as a lesson for those who intend to lie, birthing is totally legal just as the cbp officer stated! It is well grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 28, 2016
TripleKMama officer said that cheque they carried he isn't sure if Na for real or for play shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 7:25am On Oct 28, 2016
Congratulations dear God is indeed wonderful and never fails His children. Please I hv PMed u email me at adhezekiah@gmail.com let's rob minds.

quote author=leleti post=50556735]Hello good people.....so had my precious bundle on the 24th of October in Emory University Midtown Hospital Atlanta. Was initially meant to use Dr Andrews and Northside, but due to my leg cast (it extends from thigh to toes) every single obgyn I talked to in Atlanta recommended a section at 39 weeks. I'm all for taking medical advice but I felt I could do a VD. so my host asked me to contact one Dr Joseph Tate.Apparently he is the VBAC guru of atlanta.Sent him a mail explaining my medical and gynaecological history.He replied immediately- it would be uncomfortable, he would prepare for an emergency CS, but he saw no reason why we shouldn't try.Met him a week later.Hes a nice little man, very full of jokes.not everyone's cup of tea I guess but we hit it off immediately and I felt comfortable in my decision.My family and hosts changed me to constant prayer point o.Fear was catching them. Me I just dey gentle and watched plenty Netflix and ate plenty food, exercised with my walking frame and waited for labor.Labor was......suffice to say I delivered like a Hebrew woman as my mama will say. Started having contractions in the morning, irregular and not painful so thought It was BH. Then around 5pm got more painful, still irregular.My host was in church, called and she rushed home.called Dr tates office.Contractions got very hard and fast in the car.Got to the hospital by 7pm, entered the delivery suite by 7.20- slight drama ensued when the registration desk was dilly dallying and I announced I would have my baby right there. Delivered baby by 7.40.no epidural, no time to worry about my leg.
Cost breakdown so far

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 28, 2016
TripleKMama:
Lool grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 7:40am On Oct 28, 2016
chloe7:

The cbp was nice sef...

What kind of lie is "Dr said I'm 25weeks but I am 16weeks" haba na...

I for vex if I be that CBP officer. The guy was very very patient sef.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 7:50am On Oct 28, 2016
TripleKMama:

TripleKMama you no go kee person.

Heard of Thor? The hammer wielding god of thunder from ancient Norse mythology? Well, he was the son of Odin (the big Norse god) and FYORGYN the earth goddess...

That's where I got the name from...

I used to be fascinated by all the ancients at a time in my life...

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2016
Fyorgyn:

The cbp was nice sef...

What kind of lie is "Dr said I'm 25weeks but I am 16weeks" haba na...

I for vex if I be that CBP officer. The guy was very very patient sef.
I was going to note that too but I didn't want anyone saying I don't feel for the lady bla bla, my gosh the officer was really really nice and calm with them, both husband & wife didn't give brilliant and truthful answers, infact the way they answered the questions put to them irked me while I was watching that video, they just threw an opportunity away because of their lies simple!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 28, 2016
Fyorgyn:

TripleKMama you no go kee person.

Heard of Thor? The hammer wielding god of thunder from ancient Norse mythology? Well, he was the son of Odin (the big Norse god) and FYORGYN the earth goddess...

That's where I got the name from...

I used to be fascinated by all the ancients at a time in my life...
goodness I went to the cinemas a thousand times to see thor, but the name Fyorgyn never clicked since i've been seeing it on this thread cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 8:12am On Oct 28, 2016
Eyaaaa, seems everyone is winding this thread down now in anticipation of the next part. Travellex waka no be small film, I swear! USD exchanging for N385 now, chaotic and tiring struggle out there at their MMIA corner. Whew!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 8:15am On Oct 28, 2016
chloe7:
goodness I went to the cinemas a thousand times to see thor, but the name Fyorgyn never clicked since i've been seeing it on this thread cheesy

Lol...

I don't think the name was mentioned at all in the movie... even in the books on Norse mythology she's almost always referred to in passing... her claim to fame is being Thor's biological mom. Shikena. I didn't expect anyone to remotely know what the name was... that was the point of picking it...lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:49am On Oct 28, 2016
@All

..before starting a new one i just want to know if anybody here has any suggestion regarding additional info to add in the first page?

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 8:57am On Oct 28, 2016
justwise:
@All

..before starting a new one i just want to know if anybody here has any suggestion regarding additional info to add in the first page?

Thank you.

You may want to add the meaning of common abbreviations like CBP, DH, DW, MIL, LO, FTM etc so first time users can understand.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 9:09am On Oct 28, 2016
Thanks so much for asking Justwise.

I think the first page of part 4 was well written and very clear. However I have a few suggestions.

1. Maybe we should add this link showing the steps for getting a US passport for children less than 16years.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/under-16.html

justwise:

6.After birthing , you follow the steps for getting a US passport

Also on the passport issue, people should know they can apply for it without the baby's SSN as this is also a recurring question (I'm not sure if this should be part of the front page)

2. I like that you mentioned the fact that this is a DIY thread (number 3)... Maybe we should Bolden that fact for emphasis because people just come and ask the questions they could have just searched out.

Thanks JW and everyone who has contributed actively to this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:15am On Oct 28, 2016
lobus:

You may want to add the meaning of common abbreviations like CBP, DH, DW, MIL, LO, FTM etc so first time users can understand.

Apart from CBP i got no clue what others means.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:16am On Oct 28, 2016
Fyorgyn:
Thanks so much for asking Justwise.

I think the first page of part 4 was well written and very clear. However I have a few suggestions.

1. Maybe we should add this link showing the steps for getting a US passport for children less than 16years.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/under-16.html

Also on the passport issue, people should know they can apply for it without the baby's SSN as this is also a recurring question (I'm not sure if this should be part of the front page)

2. I like that you mentioned the fact that this is a DIY thread (number 3)... Maybe we should Bolden that fact for emphasis because people just come and ask the questions they could have just searched out.

Thanks JW and everyone who has contributed actively to this thread.

Thanks for your suggestion..will consider that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 9:23am On Oct 28, 2016
I was here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Flowers: 9:26am On Oct 28, 2016
May/June 2017 Mama please get in touch.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bissiejoe: 9:48am On Oct 28, 2016
DW Philadelphia POE story.
The travail started from our Lagos airport with travelex. We both traveled same day 24th October, but to different locations. I to Europe on airfrance while DW to Atlanta with British airways. As soon as we got to the airport, I went straight to travelex stand to get a queue number. After the formality of checking in by 7pm at airport as we couldn't do for her online, I went back to travelex and was informed that they were still attending to passengers on earlier flight (klm, Turkish), so I went back to gist with family members. At 8pm, I went back to travelex and found out that they have changed shift and only one guy was attending to everyone instead of two people as was earlier done. The guy said he was not following any queue number again, so we formed line by force and he started attending to people but was too slow. Several fights in between but I persisted. As it got to our turn, the guy decided to stop citing the excuse that it was too late to process our transactions( this was like 35 mins to departure and all along I have been shouting that DW is pregnant that they should at least consider her situation but fell on deaf hears, even women there acted as if they didn't see her). I didn't have a plan b as I was sure I would get from travelex that day because they had enough. I quickly dashed to arrival to withdraw from ATM of which I was able to withdraw only 73k as I have withdrawn money earlier in the day. I changed the 73k to 160$ from BDC at 455 as there was no time to start processing transactions of higher amount. We were both the last passenger on our flights, thank God for the custom officers on duty and ground staff of both airfrance and British airways. DW called me as soon as she got into the aircraft to check if I was ok and I reassure her that all will be well.
Fast forward to heathrow airport, she was questioned by a female U.K. Border office about her travel to the US and her travel documents were collected as the officer escalated DW's case to her boss. DW said she heard her boss telling her to give her back all her documents as she has her travel itinerary with her and also a valid visa to the US( Na so she escape one overzealous person)
At Philadelphia POE she met with the first officer(male)
CBP: why are you in the US
DW: to have my baby
CBP wrote something on the landing card and said follow me
I guess that was the secondary inspection. She was there with some other Nigerians but older women. And was called after few minutes by another male officer
2nd CBP: why are you in the US
DW: to have my baby
CBP: you said what?
DW: to have my baby sir
CBP: do you have a doctor hear you have been speaking with
DW: yes I have one
CBP: have you made any payment
DW: yes I have made a part payment
CBP: how much do you have with you
DW: I have only 160$ with me as I was unable to exchange my naira to dollars at the airport because I was running late for my flight
CBP: Where are you going to stay
DW: with my sister in law
CBP: ur sister in law
DW: yes my husband's sister
CBP: I see you are capable of paying for your treatment, please don't accept Medicaid and keep all receipts as we will ask you when you are coming next to the US. Stamped her in till April and sent her to agriculture. He didn't even ask for any documents, aside the passport and landing card.
At agriculture, she was just asked if she carried chicken, any seeds or beans all which she didn't carry. As she was wheeling luggage away from agriculture, another office who just got there accosted her on the way and ask for her passport which he scan and ask her what she is in the US for and DW gave same answer to have my baby and smiled. The officer sigh deeply and frown his face but DW was still smiling and he said to her I don't get why you want to have your baby in the US like ten times, all through DW was smiling. Then DW ask him if she could go and he banged her passport on the luggage and said go I don't want to see your face again. That was how she left to connect to Atlanta.
Meanwhile one of the elderly women was really searched seriously according to DW, that the women said she was even asked to remove all her clothings in a room by a female officer.
DW is chilling now in Atlanta, waiting for the precious one to come.
Thanks to God and all here, you all have been very wonderful.
Note: in my opinion, I think the CBP officers are always hard on people who conceal their intentions at embassy and those who had issues with payment from previous birth or took medicaids. My elder brother and wife were detained for close to three hours at Atlanta in January because they didn't say they will give birth at embassy, and they were carrying only 1$ on them. My sister had to meet one of the CBP officer to inquire if they had seen his brother and wife before they were released after 30 mins.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Modele35: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2016
Dear friends, has anyone successfully opened an account? what bank? requirements and how please? I need to open one in the US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pokompakam: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2016
I don over try this klm people. They most likely has tagged my ticket number with the comment that it must be one way. Have spoken to 3 supervisors alreasy no one is agreeing to over ride this 4xx fare. Hubby called from naija the guy said maybe with naija passport he wld av tried. Another one gave me 5xx as return sef, another even told me I must do return ticket but must buy my other return lag that I can't even book one way. They have given me many lines.
My further questions are
Did u book with passport or visa?
Did u buy from an agent
Was your ticket a refundable ticket initially
Did you give them another adult reservation to add the infant booking
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
@bissijoe, they are actually tired of Nigerians trooping in to give births, it is just the law that is hemming them in. Even with ur cash, CBPs are fed up!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.