Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina (858 Views)

"Why Does Fulani Always Have To Rule Nigeria?" - Femi Fani-Kayode Asks / Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Buhari Speaks To Trump On Phone From London - Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by VillageParrot: 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
The Nuclear Security Summit being hosted by the President of the United States of America, Barack Obama is presently going on in Washington DC.

In attendance is President Muhammadu Buhari who is pushing for Nigeria to be allowed to develop nuclear energy to take care of the power needs of the country.

According to Thisday who are covering the summit, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina said Buhari joined other world leaders at the summit because the country needed to explore how to use nuclear energy for socio-economic development.

“The tendency when you hear about nuclear energy is to start thinking of destruction. But that is not necessarily so.

“This is about how nuclear energy can be deployed towards socio-economic development. It is good for Nigeria because ‎ we are trying to get power going and we can use nuclear energy to further develop our power sector.”

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/nuclear-energy-good-nigeria-femi-adesina/

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by CACAWA(m): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
Lol...it appears someone went to the wrong summit.

It is called Nuclear Security Summit and not Nuclear Energy Summit. The issue to be discussed is the need to protect nuclear assets against terror minded countries, rebels and leaders. The only reason Nigeria was invited was because of her position as a member of the UNited Nations Security Seat.

If Mr Femi Adesina knows what he is saying, why did Mr Buhari go with the minister of defence, Director of Nigerian Intelligence Agency NIA and a few other security personnel but didn't go with anyone from ministry of Power, solid minerals and investment?

As an expert, may I make it clear that to develop nuclear energy in the first place, you need to submit a detail report of your assessment. Indicating how you wish to access the highly radioactive uranium (which is in some African countries anyway), how you hope to secure it from health hazards and terrorists, what technical team you have trained or are training To deal with the complexities attached, what Water bodies you intend to located the plants nearby.

In fact before this can be approved, you need to show your strength in protecting ordinary oil pipelines and electricity facilities.

Wait o, is it the people that refused to sell ordinary AK 47 and fighter jets to you that will now give you permission to explore nuclear energy? Knowing fully well that it is the same plants you'd use to generate nuclear weapons?

Nna forget dat tin Biko

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by raker300: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
Stupid Nigerians, coal and hydroenegy that was invented in the 1800, you dumbos can't maintain..its nuclear energy that you'll maintain. What a joke.

Imagine what would happen if there's a nuclear accident in Nigeria, just imagine...cut your coats according to your size Biko

3 Likes

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by Achuwa1(m): 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
I think Femi Adesina is high on oshogbo weed.
A country tht can't maintain ordinary hospitals,pay salaries,maintain roads,etc is thinking of nuclear energy,,,,
Anyway,if they have any plan to build one,I guess the north should be a better place & precisely duara.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by ckmayoca: 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
Adesina is on April fool game.
Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by mrvitalis(m): 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nuclear power is good and cheap to easterblish

But if I was the power minister I would travel to China meet investors to build coal power plants around the middle belt and south East and we would offer to pay them back with crude oil over ten years
If we can get 10 investors like that and they build at least 2000mw each that's extra 20,000 mw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
grin i need light from 'rocket science' cheesy
Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by TippyTop(m): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
No wahala, as long as the nuclear reactor is located in Daura.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by baby124: 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
What we need is to learn from Sweden how they turn waste to energy. Not nuclear anything. We can't maintain ordinary electricity, na nuclear we wan maintain. Say for instance what happens in Japan gets to happen in Nigeria, what will we do? I hope they site it in the North and not the SW.

2 Likes

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by funkyibodude(m): 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
CACAWA:

It is called Nuclear Security Summit and not Nuclear Energy Summit. The issue to be discussed is the need to protect nuclear assets against terror minded countries, rebels and leaders. The only reason Nigeria was invited was because of her position as a member of the UNited Nations Security Seat.

If Mr Femi Adesina knows what he is saying, why did Mr Buhari go with the minister of defence, Director of Nigerian Intelligence Agency NIA and a few other security personnel but didn't go with anyone from ministry of Power, solid minerals and investment?

As an expert, may I make it clear that to develop nuclear energy in the first place, you need to submit a detail report of your assessment. Indicating how you wish to access the highly radioactive uranium (which is in some African countries anyway), how you hope to secure it from health hazards and terrorists, what technical team you have trained or are training To deal with the complexities attached, what Water bodies you intend to located the plants nearby.

In fact before this can be approved, you need to show your strength in protecting ordinary oil pipelines and electricity facilities.

Wait o, is it the people that refused to sell ordinary AK 47 and fighter jets to you that will now give you permission to explore nuclear energy? Knowing fully well that it is the same plants you'd use to generate nuclear weapons?

Nna forget dat tin Biko
I solidly concur with you, my thoughts exactly when I saw the heading. PMB thinks that nuclear energy is Childs play, we can't even maintains ordinary gas turbines not to talk of developing nuclear energy, probably femi adesina haven't heard of nuclear melt down, Chernobyl and Fukushima nuclear disasters comes into my mind. In a country where vandalism is the order of the day, can we risk developing a nuclear power plant? Would the nuclear watch dog IAEA allow it?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
CACAWA:

Nna forget dat tin Biko
God will bless you abaundantly with this post
Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Tomorrow Adesina will ask me to protect the nuclear plant against terrorist if i want power.

Buhari plz come back we can see your hardwork.

3 Likes

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by mars123(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
funkyibodude:
I solidly concur with you, my thoughts exactly when I saw the heading. PMB thinks that nuclear energy is Childs play, we can't even maintains ordinary gas turbines not to talk of developing nuclear energy, probably femi adesina haven't heard of nuclear melt down, Chernobyl and Fukushima nuclear disasters comes into my mind. In a country where vandalism is the order of the day, can we risk developing a nuclear power plant? Would the nuclear watch dog IAEA allow it?.
so we shouldn't have nuclear energy because of fear fear. No risk no reward bro. Do you know how many countries smaller than Nigeria that use nuclear energy? Even Fukushima didn't stop Japan because of the import of nuclear power. If Nigerians are going soft, we bring in expatriate again cus that's what we do best.
Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by funkyibodude(m): 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
mars123:
so we shouldn't have nuclear energy because of fear fear. No risk no reward bro. Do you know how many countries smaller than Nigeria that use nuclear energy? Even Fukushima didn't stop Japan because of the import of nuclear power. If Nigerians are going soft, we bring in expatriate again cus that's what we do best.
bros is not a matter of size, but the people resident in it, Nigeria is a country known for lack of maintenance culture, and deeply divided by saboteurs.. Take this petrol scarcity for instance, do you want to tell me that this country can't even supply fuel products to the masses? Hell no it's because of sabotage by the system controlled by Cabals.. Until we fix these problems, my dear Nuclear energy for us is just another delusional project.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by mars123(m): 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
funkyibodude:
bros is not a matter of size, but the people resident in it, Nigeria is a country known for lack of maintenance culture, and deeply divided by saboteurs.. Take this petrol scarcity for instance, do you want to tell me that this country can't even supply fuel products to the masses? Hell no it's because of sabotage by the system controlled by Cabals.. Until we fix these problems, my dear Nuclear energy for us is just another delusional project.
so there is no more can do spirit in this country? Every other country is going for nuclear energy, even poorer African brothers, so we don't really have an excuse. moreover I think when it is a matter of life and death Nigerians can be very careful.
Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by millhouse: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
CACAWA:

Nna forget dat tin Biko
bar man! Abeg give that broda there 3 big stout for me.....
Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by meromero11: 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
mars123:

I take God beg them make them forget that nuclear energy. I suspect say nah set-up to wipe out nigeria be that. No be for this country sef wey be say we dey beef ourselves die.

1 Like

Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by meromero11: 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2016
mars123:
so there is no more can do spirit in this country? Every other country is going for nuclear energy, even poorer African brothers, so we don't really have an excuse. moreover I think when it is a matter of life and death Nigerians can be very careful.

Make them build the pilot plant for your village first make we for see how e go first be since nah you get mind pass for we country.
Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by malton: 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
baby124:
What we need is to learn from Sweden how they turn waste to energy. Not nuclear anything. We can't maintain ordinary electricity, na nuclear we wan maintain. Say for instance what happens in Japan gets to happen in Nigeria, what will we do? I hope they site it in the North and not the SW.
Why?
Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by mars123(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
meromero11:

Make them build the pilot plant for your village first make we for see how e go first be since nah you get mind pass for we country.
see them fear fear
Re: Nuclear Energy Is Good For Nigeria – Femi Adesina by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
They never control fuel finish nah nuclear energy they wan control

This APC goats wants to bomb Nigeria o!

(1) (Reply)

I Did Not Call Buhari On Military— Ugwuanyi......vanguard News April 28 / They Call It "Deregulation" But Why Is The Price Fixed At #145 / Army Rescues Second Abducted Chibok Girl (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.