Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,580 members, 7,854,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1019271 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 9:41pm On May 13, 2016
as much as reason with you......I have two cases for you...

A friend worked before school started in fall laste year and this year he even filed for tax refund and he recieved it this year.......what does this say?
Another friend jokingly asked the CBSA about working before school starts and he said why not he has a study permit already....

so its really confusing for me.....I no go mind earn extra bucks before sch starts...
Mizbaby:

It is illegal to work if you are not enrolled in a school and actively pursuing studies. You can only do that 'under the carpet' i.e. Cash jobs, but if you are caught you have violated the terms of your study permit. My own school starts in September and I cannot work till then.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 9:47pm On May 13, 2016
iammartinzo:

Well, u re dulling urself... there is nothing stopping you from working 20hours a week

I can....but the consequences may come when I apply for an extension of my study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 13, 2016
Hello Fam,
With great Joy in heart, I declare the faithfulness of God unto me.
I finally got admitted into the University of Ottawa after a very very very very very long wait; plus I submitted after the deadline so it really is a miracle.

Please I need the assistance of anyone doing an LLM in Ottawa or any other Canadian University. Please send me a dm , I really need your help. Session commences in September, I don't have a lot of time left before I apply for my study permit?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 9:50pm On May 13, 2016
You no dey talk to me but make i put mouth small...

I really do not think an SOP could do the magic here.....
If ure less than 35(I believe ure more than 30 with ur educational history) i believe you will gain a lott points in the EE pool with a good IELTS.
score...

if u wanna do study sha ill advise u get MBA....(PHD myt b hard)........then you could put the energy in the SOP.....

I personally feel writing an SOP for a PGC with ur profile is a waste of time...
a lot of things are wrong.....ur first degree isnt related to ur second degree....your two employment do not relate to eachother......

SegunWamiri:

Okay@ busy times. Firstly, I'll like to share my profile then I would hope that you might be able to advise/reassure/discourage me.

First degree- Sociology: 2009
Second degree- MSc Management: 2013
Employment-
Volunteer Teaching in Church (Name was declared in the form): 2010-2012
Business Operations Manager: 2014 till date

Intended Program- Global business management (PGC)

Refused for Purpose of visit and Family ties despite the show of marriage certificate and my wife and son's birth certificates.

GCMS file states that program of study in Canada does not appear to be consistent with previous education and employment history.

QUESTION
1. Do you think it is the Masters that is being frowned at?

2. Do you think that one can write a SOP that would convince the VO this time? If yes, might you be able to offer advice on how to frame it?

Anyone who has got personal or learned experience could contribute. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 13, 2016
Please list all the documents you submitted
dsquare4u:

Congrats! Please list all the documents you submitted...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 9:56pm On May 13, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
as much as reason with you......I have two cases for you...

A friend worked before school started in fall laste year and this year he even filed for tax refund and he recieved it this year.......what does this say?
Another friend jokingly asked the CBSA about working before school starts and he said why not he has a study permit already....

so its really confusing for me.....I no go mind earn extra bucks before sch starts...

Well, nothing stops your friend from getting his tax refund. That one has nothing to do with CIC. I know someone who came in March with me, to start in September. When he was asked why he came in very early, he had to show enough funds to CBSA at the airport to prove that he could support himself for that period without working, now he works 'under the carpet'. A risk he has decided to take.

You can do it if you want to, but it is wrong. They track your activity through your SIN, and they will know.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 10:01pm On May 13, 2016
SegunWamiri:

...Second degree- MSc Management: 2013...
Intended Program- Global business management (PGC)
Refused for Purpose of visit and Family ties...
...GCMS file states that program of study in Canada does not appear to be consistent with previous education and employment history.

QUESTION
1. Do you think it is the Masters that is being frowned at?
2. Do you think that one can write a SOP that would convince the VO this time? If yes, might you be able to offer advice on how to frame it?
Sorry to hear about your denial.

Well, because you already have an MSc in Management, it is a massive red flag that you going for a PGC (a lower certificate) in the exact same course. Applying for a PGC/PGD in the same course you had an MSc in is a recipe for getting a "purpose of visit" delay 99.9% of the time. This has been discussed a lot on this forum. Only you know why you want to get a PGC after having an MSc in the same course; explain this to the VO. But to be honest with you, there is an extremely low chance that any explanation would suffice. I could be wrong tho, since you are a better advocate for yourself than any third party.

Unfortunately, I can't give you advice on how to "frame it". You need to come up with credible reasons for why you want to go study whatever in Canada, even with an MSc in Management already. Or you need to figure out a better course that you truly want to study (preferably MSc or PhD in a course that you can credibly justify to the VO, in spite of your previous MSc in Management). I would advice you to read parts 7 and/or 8 of the thread since you are a complex applicant.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 10:03pm On May 13, 2016
I agree with your advice. But there's nothing wrong with the fact that his first degree is unrelated with his second degree bro.
His main issue is going for a PGD after an MSc.

hayqinsbFX:

If ure less than 35(I believe ure more than 30 with ur educational history) i believe you will gain a lott points in the EE pool with a good IELTS.
score...

if u wanna do study sha ill advise u get MBA....(PHD myt b hard)........then you could put the energy in the SOP.....

I personally feel writing an SOP for a PGC with ur profile is a waste of time...
a lot of things are wrong.....ur first degree isnt related to ur second degree....your two employment do not relate to eachother......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 10:18pm On May 13, 2016
nothing wrong but it makes the SOP harder to write...
thesoj:
I agree with your advice. But there's nothing wrong with the fact that his first degree is unrelated with his second degree bro.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Tosh1: 10:30pm On May 13, 2016
Hi guys,so I got admitted to Seneca college for winter 2017,is anybody here that attends Seneca college?...thanks guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Tosh1: 10:38pm On May 13, 2016
Since I will be going in as an undergraduate,do you think I should stay on or off campus?Both are quite expensive though...Thanks guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 13, 2016
moreover to shed morelight, you want to tell me that a big man his account runs in million and when he wants to go for visa he will start writing LETTER of EXPLANATORY for his account that has cool transaction history and running in millions? let people start reasoning well and forget about fear of visa matter..have you seen any big man/politicians/md's/managers/contractors writing any letter of explanatory for him own money oo?? your profession could speak/determine an expected money that flows in ur account without owing anybody an explanation. SOP has helped people get visa yes, but two of my friends in canada only just filled their study permit questionaire,when i mention SOP for study permit submission, they ask me what is it for? though it would be advisable if your issue has already been complicated..secondary when you are on the right track like ur academic corresponds to ur work and to ur intended program/higher degree and you are at the right age depending on how it applies to the individual, SOP is just cosmetic on a beautiful face. out here people dont do to the extent NairaLand people do their things still they get visa..na our dual intent atimes dey cause to select lower program levels out of our field of study,just to migrate, but though we want to migrate,carefully select your program and program level to firstly avoid red flag and then battle for other complications in your life history to convince the consulars .
i read NAIRALAND i learnt from this forum,though i will be submitting my next application which my GCMS note has specifically pointed the error which i have tackled,i now pray for God's favour
NB: if you are denied 1s, dnt apply immediately without seeking for your GCMS file,its an eye opener in other not to go complicating your applications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 10:45pm On May 13, 2016
Mizbaby:

I can....but the consequences may come when I apply for an extension of my study permit.

Consequence? Well.... I don't know anythin about such from experience... I've only been hearing that here on nairaland....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2016
hayqinsbFX:

score...

Lolz@ put mouth

Haaaa@MBA. So far, the ones I've seen are like 30-35k oo.

What if I explain why I changed to Management?... As sociology no get me job nko..lolz plus na the time wey I dey wait for job I come dey teach for Church
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 11:03pm On May 13, 2016
Team16:

Chai Chai Fear of the unknown. I pray you will be delivered very soon. I can never forget what my father told me. He said most time you stay at the river bank shouting, i want to fall inside the water please who will save me, nobody will listen to you but immediately you fall in, you will see people rushing to save you. What i'm not trying to say, in life always learn to conquer your fear. Don't stay in naija n shout is not possible get over there and see how things are done. But remember what applies to A may not apply B. Just be sharp, open your eyes and Pray to your God. Everything is possible if you believe. My guys street is military.
She's clearly not interested in it, let her be! Which one is fear of the unknown again, she wants to follow the Law, and please delivered from what, "strict obedience to the rules". Brother haba! You want her to be delivered into doing something that she doesn't feel it's right doing...my brother when u get there, you can defer 10yrs, it's your choice, don't mislead others.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 11:07pm On May 13, 2016
thesoj:

Sorry to hear about your denial.

Well, because you already have an MSc in Management, it is a massive red flag that you going for a PGC (a lower certificate) in the exact same course. Applying for a PGC/PGD in the same course you had an MSc in is a recipe for getting a "purpose of visit" delay 99.9% of the time. This has been discussed a lot on this forum. Only you know why you want to get a PGC after having an MSc in the same course; explain this to the VO. But to be honest with you, there is an extremely low chance that any explanation would suffice. I could be wrong tho, since you are a better advocate for yourself than any third party.

Unfortunately, I can't give you advice on how to "frame it". You need to come up with credible reasons for why you want to go study whatever in Canada, even with an MSc in Management already. Or you need to figure out a better course that you truly want to study (preferably MSc or PhD in a course that you can credibly justify to the VO, in spite of your previous MSc in Management). I would advice you to read parts 7 and/or 8 of the thread since you are a complex applicant.

Alright, thanks. Really appreciate your sincerity
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iggynasia(f): 11:16pm On May 13, 2016
Thank you
iammartinzo:

You don't need pictures... u only need ur passport photograph if you are applying online and then ur passport data page...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 11:17pm On May 13, 2016
thesoj:

Hmmmm but the phrase "does not appear consistent" feels more like the difference in first and second degree plus third be that as it may
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Habeeb521(m): 11:46pm On May 13, 2016
Hello, has anyone ever gained admission into any school in Canada either college or university using OND certificate as direct entry . if so please explain
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 12:10am On May 14, 2016
"does not appear consistent" is used on a lot of GCMS notes to describe "purpose of visit" problems. I have seen it on at least eight GCMS notes. The fact that you have a BSc and MSc in different courses is not a big deal -- Canada doesn't require every applicant to be a straightjacket, just be able to justify your trajectory. The glaring issue with your app is you claim to be going for a PGC in the exact same course for which you already have an MSc; this means that your claim to be a student is not credible. The VO is likely to believe that your primary intent is immigration for permanent residency.
SegunWamiri:

Hmmmm but the phrase "does not appear consistent" feels more like the difference in first and second degree plus third be that as it may

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 12:11am On May 14, 2016
Stop misleading people with bad advice na.
Team16:
Chai Chai Fear of the unknown. I pray you will be delivered very soon. I can never forget what my father told me. He said most time you stay at the river bank shouting, i want to fall inside the water please who will save me, nobody will listen to you but immediately you fall in, you will see people rushing to save you. What i'm not trying to say, in life always learn to conquer your fear. Don't stay in naija n shout is not possible get over there and see how things are done. But remember what applies to A may not apply B. Just be sharp, open your eyes and Pray to your God. Everything is possible if you believe. My guys street is military.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 12:15am On May 14, 2016
thesoj:
Stop misleading people with bad advice na.

Please oga thesoj, which of the suggestions I made is bad. Please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cheldas: 1:02am On May 14, 2016
Can anyone help me with childbirth thread or my Qs can be answered here

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bawss1(m): 1:22am On May 14, 2016
Team16:

I'm sure you don't realize that you are basically supporting the violation of study permit/TRV stipulations by encouraging people to come into the country to work (under the table type of jobs for that matter) before the main reason for which they were allowed entry in the first place has been effected.

That kind of "smartness" can only take one so far. Foreigners -specifically in this case, Nigerian international students - should always strive to adhere to the laws of the land where ever they find themselves. Trying to game the system because of some immediate and, in truth, relatively minor financial gain is an unwise thing to do.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 2:19am On May 14, 2016
GeneralSnipper:
Weight + Height to get your BMI, Blood and Urine samples, Chest x-ray, Blood Pressure, Eye Test.

olaniyisal:
please what do the medicals entails.

Which test. Explain

They test your patience too, at Children's Practise esp when it's time to see the doctor, you wee sit ehn, but the nurses are noice. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 4:24am On May 14, 2016
Made123:

it's a contract job and I can only provide the receipt showing the goods I supplied to the company and the a picture of the cheque

That's good enough, as long as u just didn't Lodge money their for d purpose of visa application. You can attached the cheque and the photos to ur applications and write a letter of explanation, you will be fine

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 4:29am On May 14, 2016
thesoj:
"does not appear consistent" is used on a lot of GCMS notes to describe "purpose of visit" problems. I have seen it on at least eight GCMS notes. The fact that you have a BSc and MSc in different courses is not a big deal -- Canada doesn't require every applicant to be a straightjacket, just be able to justify your trajectory. The glaring issue with your app is you claim to be going for a PGC in the exact same course for which you already have an MSc; this means that your claim to be a student is not credible. The VO is likely to believe that your primary intent is immigration for permanent residency.

Oh I see
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 6:41am On May 14, 2016
casie26:
moreover to shed morelight, you want to tell me that a big man his account runs in million and when he wants to go for visa he will start writing LETTER of EXPLANATORY for his account that has cool transaction history and running in millions? let people start reasoning well and forget about fear of visa matter..have you seen any big man/politicians/md's/managers/contractors writing any letter of explanatory for him own money oo?? your profession could speak/determine an expected money that flows in ur account without owing anybody an explanation. SOP has helped people get visa yes, but two of my friends in canada only just filled their study permit questionaire,when i mention SOP for study permit submission, they ask me what is it for? though it would be advisable if your issue has already been complicated..secondary when you are on the right track like ur academic corresponds to ur work and to ur intended program/higher degree and you are at the right age depending on how it applies to the individual, SOP is just cosmetic on a beautiful face. out here people dont do to the extent NairaLand people do their things still they get visa..na our dual intent atimes dey cause to select lower program levels out of our field of study,just to migrate, but though we want to migrate,carefully select your program and program level to firstly avoid red flag and then battle for other complications in your life history to convince the consulars .
i read NAIRALAND i learnt from this forum,though i will be submitting my next application which my GCMS note has specifically pointed the error which i have tackled,i now pray for God's favour
NB: if you are denied 1s, dnt apply immediately without seeking for your GCMS file,its an eye opener in other not to go complicating your applications.

casie26:

I was reading all this your preaching with the impression that you have your visa already?

I honestly feel sorry for people who come here to get advice because the amount of misleading info here is mind boggling.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 6:51am On May 14, 2016
asanwa4life:
Hello Fam,
With great Joy in heart, I declare the faithfulness of God unto me.
I finally got admitted into the University of Ottawa after a very very very very very long wait; plus I submitted after the deadline so it really is a miracle.

Please I need the assistance of anyone doing an LLM in Ottawa or any other Canadian University. Please send me a dm , I really need your help. Session commences in September, I don't have a lot of time left before I apply for my study permit?

Thank you

Hello and congratulations.

I plan on applying to u Of Ottawa for my LLM for fall 2017.

I will further need your assistance.

Please kindly forward your email.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Yemialoyin(m): 6:55am On May 14, 2016
To everyone who sent in their SOPs, I will be working on them this weekend, so expect them Sat/Sun. Goodluck with everything concerning the applications. You will get the study permits in Jesus name!

Pls help me with ur email add so as to send u my wife's SOP for review.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (403)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.