Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005553 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by topacs: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2016
adeyemidare:

Last two years of study. If you going for Masters, last two years can be 300 and 400level of undergraduate study. Use that example to decipher the meaning. Shalom!

Thanks bruv am grateful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by 1beat(m): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2016
By nextweek am going to testify to the goodness of God here concerning my traveling to Canada, He started it and He will finish it.

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by 1beat(m): 9:52am On Apr 02, 2016
By nextweek am going to testify to the goodness of God here concerning me and my bro traveling to Canada, God started it and He will finish it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 10:03am On Apr 02, 2016
VICTORDEBELS:
I am very happy to be part of this family! Thumbs up to you all... Please I have a question, a friend of mine is very much concerned regarding her health challenge( positive to HEPATITIS VIRUS dx). She is currently on medications and worried if it could affect the result of her medicals. Ps: she is yet to apply for a TRV. @thesoj, justwise, other guruz...

If she is on medication and has done the required test( I don't know what it's called but I know it's expensive), she wouldn't spend too much for additional test during medicals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lonzo(m): 10:05am On Apr 02, 2016
Stan658:

stan658 ; Dec 16, Humber, PGC, online, medical passed, refusal just received this evening.

Hello Stan. If I say understand how you feel that is a lie because I haven't been denied a visa before but if we talk about some disappointments then I can say I have been through some and come out more glorious. Just don't dwell much on it as it won't add or change the situation. Just request for your GCMS file study it and refire. Persevere and you sure will get your expected end. Shalom Bro

Jesus Loves you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lonzo(m): 10:06am On Apr 02, 2016
Huzzie:
It's been awesome joining this wonderful thread since 2013 (part 5, i think). I just want to encourage everyone to keep hope high.
My wife got her Spousal Open Wok Permit (SOWP) on Thursday and I thought this might lift someone's spirit out there.

Applied for SOWP on December 7th with upfront medicals, after 3months of waiting, application was denied March 3rd based on two grounds.
-Purpose of visit
-Proof of

Re-applied March 7.
Medicals passed& Passport request March 23th
Passport submitted March 24th.
TRV approved and dispatched March 29th.
Picked up trv March 31St.

My one cent- if you were denied TRV, all things being equal ensure that the reasons for denial are addressed before Re-applying. How do I know this, because I was also denied TRV in my first application in 2013.
Anyways, kudos to the peeps that have kept this forum going, keep the good work up.

Cheers grin

Congrats Sir

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adesbaba: 10:31am On Apr 02, 2016
pls friends i really need ur help...i want to av my pgd in canada but do not av much ...pls can i get a college that pays around #6000 CAD....and their names...... Also can i get 8 months or 1 year pgd courses,am an accounting graduate.....tanks alot...favour to all trv applicants.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheDreamChaser: 11:43am On Apr 02, 2016
Please need your help in reviewing my LOE

Cc hayqinsbFX, DanIndia
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adeyemidare(m): 11:55am On Apr 02, 2016
adesbaba:

pls friends i really need ur help...i want to av
my pgd in canada but do not av much ...pls can
i get a college that pays around #6000
CAD....and their names......
Also can i get 8 months or 1 year pgd courses,am
an accounting graduate.....tanks alot...favour to
all trv applicants.......

Will advise you focus on masters if your CGPA is high or a PGD relevant to your bachelor degree/experience. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by eridemilade: 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
Huzzie:
It's been awesome joining this wonderful thread since 2013 (part 5, i think). I just want to encourage everyone to keep hope high.
My wife got her Spousal Open Wok Permit (SOWP) on Thursday and I thought this might lift someone's spirit out there.

Applied for SOWP on December 7th with upfront medicals, after 3months of waiting, application was denied March 3rd based on two grounds.
-Purpose of visit
-Proof of relationship.
I was upset on the reasons given because I found it absurd. Immediately she gathered necessary documents and emphasized in her SOP the reasons for previous denial and how she has provided evidence to address it.

Re-applied March 7.

My one cent- if you were denied TRV, all things being equal ensure that the reasons for denial are addressed before Re-applying. How do I know this, because I was also denied TRV in my first application in 2013.
Anyways, kudos to the peeps that have kept this forum going, keep the good work up.

Cheers grin

Congrat. Pls hw did u tackle the proof of relationship and purpose of visit issue. Want to apply for same dis month.
Thanks ( I pmed u)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
JJCE:
so happy to back on this thread, I want ask one vital question may be anybody in such before case can bail me out, my acceptance letter to university of Winnipeg will expire this may, I mailed the admission office pertaining to deferral of admission and I got the message go thus,
Hi Lawal,
You can defer your admission if you’d like.
Deferrals can be done by emailing admissions@uwinnipeg.ca from your University of Winnipeg Webmail account with a statement declaring your desire to defer your admittance and your student id number.

A deferral can also be submitted via fax to 204-786-1175, or in-person at Student Central. Please note, if you are deferring to attend another institution, you will be required to reapply.

Make sure that if you have registered in any courses that you drop them as soon as possible. Also, please be aware if you are a recipient of a Special Entrance Scholarship, you will need to submit a similar deferral letter addressed to the Awards and Financial Aid Office,
my question now is that if I defer my admission, and I want to apply for September intake, will I summit the expired acceptance letter to the embassy or the school will need to send me the new one?
the school will send u another admission letter..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
eridemilade:

Congrat. Pls hw did u tackle the proof of relationship and purpose of visit issue. Want to apply for same dis month.
Thanks ( I pmed u)
I attached our marriage certificate, change of name, pictures ( from corner corner love to marriage) and we clearly stated in the purpose of visit that she was coming to help me emotionally, psychologically and financially. This was the same thing I did in the first application, except that in the first application she had only just concluded NYSC, while she already had a job before the second application.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by eridemilade: 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Huzzie:

I attached our marriage certificate, change of name, pictures ( from corner corner love to marriage) and we clearly stated in the purpose of visit that she was coming to help me emotionally, psychologically and financially. This was the same thing I did in the first application, except that in the first application she had only just concluded NYSC, while she already had a job before the second application.

Thank you. Hope we can still talk better thru email? Saw ur reply.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
eridemilade:

Thank you. Hope we can still talk better thru email? Saw ur reply.
No problem.

lonzo:

Congrats Sir
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by UrchBunny(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Uncle Hayqinsbfx, your nephew needs your help ASAP. Thank You Sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
Wadap
UrchBunny:
Uncle Hayqinsbfx, your nephew needs your help ASAP. Thank You Sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
Huzzie:

-Purpose of visit
-Proof of relationship.
I was upset on the reasons given because I found it absurd. Immediately she gathered necessary documents and emphasized in her SOP the reasons for previous denial and how she has provided evidence to address it.

Re-applied March 7.

Cheers grin

Congrats on your spouse's permit.

Can you please share with us the documents needed. Was there a need for proof of funds? If yes, was it your canadian bank account statement you forwarded to your wife or...?the process in general sha

Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by UrchBunny(m): 3:10pm On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=44342249]Wadap

Boss,

I need to explain my situation to you in private as i cnt say it all here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
SegunWamiri:

Congrats on your spouse's permit.

Can you please share with us the documents needed. Was there a need for proof of funds? If yes, was it your canadian bank account statement you forwarded to your wife or...?the process in general sha

Many thanks

Thanks man...
Spouse's document
All Application forms including Representative form ( Me)
Letter of purpose
Invitation letter
Marriage certificate
Change of name
Letter of employment (spouse)
Vacation letter
Certificates; birth cert, WAEC, Diploma, B.Tech, AAT, NYSC
CV

My documents
Landed property documents
Financial statements $6000+
Study permit and work permit (coop)
My letter of employment (coop) and confirmation of studies letter from school
Two months pay stub
Transcripts.

I did everything from Canada, addressed it to Ghana
The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada,
Visa section,
P.O. Box 1639,
Accra, Ghana.

Just a pointer to anybody applying for SOWP, if you don't see the "proof of relationship" as one of the required, you have to double check your answers. I guess this was the only thing that I missed in the first application.
Proof of finances wasn't one of the required, but man one must be wise.....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by IyaEjima(f): 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
ceemac:

Kindly link me up with anybody in London Ontario. Preferably Western Uni if you got any there...

Am waiting ma. Thanks in adv
Awww.. I know no one there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adesbaba: 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
adeyemi...pls can i get such skul...pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adesbaba: 5:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
@adeyemi...i had 2:2...pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
Huzzie:

Thanks man...
Spouse's document
All Application forms including Representative form ( Me)
Letter of purpose
Invitation letter
Marriage certificate
Change of name
Letter of employment (spouse)
Vacation letter
Certificates; birth cert, WAEC, Diploma, B.Tech, AAT, NYSC
CV

My documents
Landed property documents
Financial statements $6000+
Study permit and work permit (coop)
My letter of employment (coop) and confirmation of studies letter from school
Two months pay stub
Transcripts.

I did everything from Canada, addressed it to Ghana
The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada,
Visa section,
P.O. Box 1639,
Accra, Ghana.

Just a pointer to anybody applying for SOWP, if you don't see the "proof of relationship" as one of the required, you have to double check your answers. I guess this was the only thing that I missed in the first application.
Proof of finances wasn't one of the required, but man one must be wise.....

Thanks for the information

Yes, you're right@ one must be wise

You stated that you addressed it to the Accra office. Was that needful? Thought it was an online application?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bosypumpin: 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=bayocanny post=44328065]
Bro, don't just quit like that remember how you started, finished what u start bro u can get in your third attemp, it never too late
Remember "a winner never quit; a quitter never win"

I was denied three times last year- all three times were for family ties and purpose of visit and travel history ( I wanted to take my suckling daughter).

I requested for gcsms file and saw that the three different v.os were of the opinion that i wont fulfill my purpose of visit with my then 8months old. E pain person na

I've reapplied again, alone, I've tackled home ties, I've gone to d UK for vacation and there is a letter from my supervisor and the Dean of graduate studies supporting and explaining d fundings and stating my purpose of coming to Canada.
No message yet from CIC.
I won't apply again if I'm delayed this time.

Bro, request for ur gcsm file before reapplying. We've got ur back

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adesbaba: 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
pls friends i really need ur help...i want to av my pgd in canada but do not av much ...pls can i get a college that pays around #6000 CAD....and their names...... Also can i get 8 months or 1 year pgd courses,am an accounting graduate.....tanks alot...favour to all trv applicants.......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
SegunWamiri:

Thanks for the information

Yes, you're right@ one must be wise

You stated that you addressed it to the Accra office. Was that needful? Thought it was an online application?
SOP, spouse's vacation letter, and invitation letter were addressed to Ghana. I guess I'm old school then, because in the past we used to address these letters to Lagos. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
adesbaba:
pls friends i really need ur help...i want to av
my pgd in canada but do not av much ...pls can
i get a college that pays around #6000
CAD....and their names...... Also can i get 8
months or 1 year pgd courses,am an accounting
graduate.....tanks alot...favour to all trv
applicants.......
I amnot sure if there are colleges that are these low for a session. But, coming to Canada goes past the admission process,you have to proof to the Visa officer that you are financially buoyant.
Anyways, all the best....try to make the findings you might need, then peeps here will gladly help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adeyemidare(m): 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2016
adesbaba:
@adeyemi...i had 2:2...pls help

Ok. 2.2 is low in these days of high competition. My advise is you send mail to some uni telling them about how you find their program very interesting but wonder if they have "upgrade programs" that you can do before masters since your grade is low. Mention your CGPA e.g 3.4 over whatever. Mail many program administrator about it. You should get 3 that would offer it. Otherwise, seek PGC in colleges but ensure it is very relevant to your undergraduate study to avoid future stories that touch bumbum. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adesbaba: 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
thanks huzzie n adeyemi...av mailed some skuls...can i get around 7000CAD in university then.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2016
Is it possible i submit a 3 month personal statement of account for my application? Although i am nt sponsoring myself but as i m working...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by eridemilade: 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
Huzzie:

SOP, spouse's vacation letter, and invitation letter were addressed to Ghana. I guess I'm old school then, because in the past we used to address these letters to Lagos. grin

Which is d proper address ooooo embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.