Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1012860 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by travy: 1:46am On Jun 03, 2016
emma4eva:
Abeg someone should give me an answer, what do I put as current occupation, I was done with service last month.

You can put unemployed as current occupation and in the previous occupation you can mention NYSC with the correct date.

emma4eva:
I have being asking asking questions, nobody seems to have my time... Final question abeg, which bank do I use to pay for the application, my own diamondbank card isn't working.

Why is it not working? You can try GTB card.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hesque: 5:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Hi Everyone, don't know if I miss it but I noticed I haven't see any graduation news. Should I assume they have forgotten the origin.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 6:07am On Jun 03, 2016
travy:

You can put unemployed as current occupation and in the previous occupation you can mention NYSC with the correct date.

Why is it not working? You can try GTB card.
thanks, I wil try again, if it doesn't work I wil look for someone with gtb card
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bolasie: 6:35am On Jun 03, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mcobex: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2016
Its 4months but I did for 6months
bolasie:

God bless ya!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Temiy: 7:33am On Jun 03, 2016
Experienced people in the house is it legal for me to work before school resumes in September waiting on ur replys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by titialayo: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2016
Hi. vickyehi, pls kindly advise how to fill my available fund part. I have a year scholarship from the Uni, it cover only 1yr tution fee. Can i fill 0 or N/A in the tution part, 5k for boarding and 5k for others? Is that reasonable or i must fill some amount under tution because i have my scholarship letter attached to my app.
vickyehi:

That's not totally true because u would run into problems for insufficient funds.
what they want to know is how much u have for your 1st year only....that is if the 2 yrs is 33k meaning tuition is 33k รท2=16500. And funds available would be tuition((16k) +room nd board (8k)+others (10k)=34kcad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BJOO(m): 10:44am On Jun 03, 2016
Sup gurus in the house ppleas is a must I pay part of my school fee before applyin for visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2016
titialayo:
Hi. vickyehi, pls kindly advise how to fill my available fund part. I have a year scholarship from the Uni, it cover only 1yr tution fee. Can i fill 0 or N/A in the tution part, 5k for boarding and 5k for others? Is that reasonable or i must fill some amount under tution because i have my scholarship letter attached to my app.
Your scholarship is a sure available fund even more authentic than the SOA you are presenting since it's from the school and you have letter for it, add it to your available funds, just try and still explain it in your SOP i.e. breakdown of your available funds...my opinion

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 03, 2016
Hello everyone. Please which hospital is the fastest for Medicals? I got a medical mail today and I intend to do it tomorrow. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by titialayo: 11:40am On Jun 03, 2016
Ok. Thanks bro. I really appreciate your contribution. I was thinking of stating some amount in the tution fee part before.
Arcayo:

Your scholarship is a sure available fund even more authentic than the SOA you are presenting since it's from the school and you have letter for it, add it to your available funds, just try and still explain it in your SOP i.e. breakdown of your available funds...my opinion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
BJOO:
Sup gurus in the house ppleas is a must I pay part of my school fee before applyin for visa

It depends on what is stated on ur admission letter. Some skools require part payment of tuition while some don't. Payment is not a guarantee for your visa, so confirm from ur admission letter or skool the requirement.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
aishate:
Hello everyone. Please which hospital is the fastest for Medicals? I got a medical mail today and I intend to do it tomorrow. Thank you very much.
IOM is quite fast but tomorrow is saturday, they dont open on weekends.. You should send them a mail to book an appointment too.. iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int
P.S i sent u a PM please check up...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
BJOO:

It's not compulsory unless your school requests for some sort of tuition down payment but some people probably go ahead and make payments to paint a picture of financial buoyancy to the cic.

People have gotten their TRVs without paying anything towards their tuition.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Damie4real(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello house, I've been a silent though an ardent follower on this forum. I must say that I am really impressed from what I've read so far. The aid and contributions from successful TRV applicants and hopeful ones are immense. I have no rezervation whatsoever that at the end, visa approval is granted by the grace of God. But first and foremost, one has to do the due dilligence when applying, by presenting all that is required in order to convince the VO that you know and understand your options, they are humans beings with thesame thinking like us. Back it up with prayers, trust and believe He will do wonders. Lets keep doing what best we know how to do. Best of luck to all TRV and admission expectants in this month of June and the subsequent Months to come.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
Nadia94:

IOM is quite fast but tomorrow is saturday, they dont open on weekends.. You should send them a mail to book an appointment too.. iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int
P.S i sent u a PM please check up...

Thanks a lot. I didn't see a PM I only saw an email request.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Damie4real(m): 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
@aishate... I can fathom how happy and eager you are right now. I tap from your goodnews wink@aishate... I can fathom how happy and eager you are right now. I tap from your goodnews
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mcobex: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hi gurus, pls is it mandatory for my sponsor to include photocy of his international passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by holameyde: 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
good day nairalanders, is there any1 who can help in paying my tuition fees @ canada for a fee lesser than the black market rate. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Damie4real(m): 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
@mcobex, I am of the opinion your sponsor should include photocopy of his international pasport bio data page, it serves as a proof of identity. Please, I stand to be corrected.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Damie4real(m): 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
justwise:

grin grin your friend has been scammed. Tell him to stay away from the airport else he may end up in police detention
Man who still falls for such deceit these days? Naija peeps don wisen up. No bimetrics... No medicals? Ok, I can still struggle to condone no medicals, but the absence of biometrics? Hell to the NO. Nigerian citizens as at today are shortlisted by Canadian government/CIC for biometrics. I know too well Ghanian citizens don do biometrics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Damie4real(m): 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2016
mcobex:
Hi gurus, pls is it mandatory for my sponsor to include photocy of his international passport?
I strongly believe it is mandatory you include the photocopy bio data page of your sponsor's international passport. It will serve as a proof of identity. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hi great people in the house. I salute d gurus o!

Please, I ve 9 years work experience, 4 yrs from Company A, previous employer & 5 yrs with Company B, my present employer.

I want to claim point for d 9 yrs (though d points wud be same with 3 yrs) and I don't want my present employer to know what i'am processing, hence I won't be able to get reference letter.

My questions:
Can I use just my previous employer since its just 3 yrs I require to get max points or can I claim d 9 yrs and use my current letter of employment and pay slips to back it up.

Make una help o!

Cc @justwise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BJOO(m): 3:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
overtlyderanged:

It's not compulsory unless your school requests for some sort of tuition down payment but some people probably go ahead and make payments to paint a picture of financial buoyancy to the cic.

People have gotten their TRVs without paying anything towards their tuition.
fenks bozz really appreciate..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Damie4real(m): 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
BJOO:
fenks bozz really appreciate..
I have a friend in Carleton university who paid nothing unti his TRV was approved. It all depends, unless your admission letter stipulates you have to, if not you are good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by vickyehi: 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
titialayo:

Fill what your tuition fee is under tuition (eg 8kcad),then boarding is always stated on your fee schedule attached to your acceptance letter (eg..6k or what ever it is)then for others you can put the 5k. However make sure whatever figure you put for room nd others is up to the standard 10k required by CIC. Lastly attach your scholarship letter to serve as proof of settlement of tuition but ensure your sponsors account covers the rest with change to spare.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Urbanboy(m): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello, please for someone who applied using PAPER ROUTE how would you know your medical has been updated? Not upfront medical. I did my medical on Monday. Will i get a medical passed update? Is it possible to get TRV direct without receiving medical passed mail ?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by aliACCA: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
Urbanboy:
Hello, please for someone who applied using PAPER ROUTE how would you know your medical has been updated? Not upfront medical. I did my medical on Monday. Will i get a medical passed update? Is it possible to get TRV direct without receiving medical passed mail ?

Thanks

Try link your application to an online account. I believe you will see that update there. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tarktmarkto: 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hi Everyone!

I am completely new here and also to Canadian Immigration procedures but will try to make things simple.

I applied and got an offer to study Project Management in Post Graduate Certificate Program. The offer letter came in 4th of April, 2016 during which i was still serving the country (NYSC). i passed out on the 14th of the same month and started gathering documents required for visa application. After passing out, I notified a friend whom I've known for over 6 years and he gave me a job in his company as the Senior IT Admin (this is because he knows my capabilities as i have been providing IT solutions for him over the years). He is not a Nigerian but he has been in Nigeria for over 30 years running his late father's construction company.

Now these are some facts in no particular order -
1. I did a diploma program (Diploma in Java) at NIIT in 2011
2. I graduated from Middlesex University UK in 2014 and majored Information Technology and Business Information System (ITBIS) but I failed to collect police character report before I left (wasn't really necessary at the time).
3. I rounded up my NYSC this year
4. My employer has agreed to give me 10 months to study (without pay of course) and also, provide me with all supporting documents that will ease the visa application process (Letter of Recommendation, Sponsorship, Employment Verification, SOA)
5. My employer is currently not in the country as he left for the burial rights of his mum but assured me he'll return by June 13th.
6. I have paid my complete school fees and have at most 6,000CAD in my personal account ( this will certainly mature before resumption which is 6th of September 2016)
7. Before I left for UK in 2013, I registered a Limited liability company in my name but I haven't used the company for business of any sort yet. Only have a bank account in the company name with less than 100,000NGN.
8. I don't have any landed property neither do my parents.
9. I did Computer Project Management as a course in my first Degree so to an extent, I can relate to Project Management in general.

Questions:
1. What are the some disadvantages of using either the paper or online route?
2. Since my sponsor is same as my employer, does he swear an affidavit?
3. My employer returns 13th June, do I have enough time to process my visa or I should defer to January but start the processing as soon as he signs the documents?
4. The fact that my employer has agreed to give me study leave, is it enough alone to convince the VO that I would return OR couple the earlier with my existing non-functional company?
5. I don't have a police certificate from the UK and I left 3 months before the expiration of my study visa (immediately after graduation) is there any reason to worry?

Any answer will be invaluable.
Thanks so much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
How will I link my paper application to online account

aliACCA:

Try link your application to an online account. I believe you will see that update there. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Urbanboy(m): 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello everyone

Please how can i link my application to an online account? I used the paper route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
tarktmarkto:
Hi Everyone!

I am completely new here and also to Canadian Immigration procedures but will try to make things simple.

I applied and got an offer to study Project Management in Post Graduate Certificate Program. The offer letter came in 4th of April, 2016 during which i was still serving the country (NYSC). i passed out on the 14th of the same month and started gathering documents required for visa application. After passing out, I notified a friend whom I've known for over 6 years and he gave me a job in his company as the Senior IT Admin (this is because he knows my capabilities as i have been providing IT solutions for him over the years). He is not a Nigerian but he has been in Nigeria for over 30 years running his late father's construction company.

Now these are some facts in no particular order -
1. I did a diploma program (Diploma in Java) at NIIT in 2011
2. I graduated from Middlesex University UK in 2014 and majored Information Technology and Business Information System (ITBIS) but I failed to collect police character report before I left (wasn't really necessary at the time).
3. I rounded up my NYSC this year
4. My employer has agreed to give me 10 months to study (without pay of course) and also, provide me with all supporting documents that will ease the visa application process (Letter of Recommendation, Sponsorship, Employment Verification, SOA)
5. My employer is currently not in the country as he left for the burial rights of his mum but assured me he'll return by June 13th.
6. I have paid my complete school fees and have at most 6,000CAD in my personal account ( this will certainly mature before resumption which is 6th of September 2016)
7. Before I left for UK in 2013, I registered a Limited liability company in my name but I haven't used the company for business of any sort yet. Only have a bank account in the company name with less than 100,000NGN.
8. I don't have any landed property neither do my parents.
9. I did Computer Project Management as a course in my first Degree so to an extent, I can relate to Project Management in general.

Questions:
1. What are the some disadvantages of using either the paper or online route?
2. Since my sponsor is same as my employer, does he swear an affidavit?
3. My employer returns 13th June, do I have enough time to process my visa or I should defer to January but start the processing as soon as he signs the documents?
4. The fact that my employer has agreed to give me study leave, is it enough alone to convince the VO that I would return OR couple the earlier with my existing non-functional company?
5. I don't have a police certificate from the UK and I left 3 months before the expiration of my study visa (immediately after graduation) is there any reason to worry?

Any answer will be invaluable.
Thanks so much.

Like we've said before, police report is not required for study permit application unless the Visa Officer specifically requests for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.