Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005530 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by toboy: 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
faroukfahima:

How does that works bro?
A relation who is currently in Canada needs to book the flight for you from here in Canada then forward you the tickets. Then you can pay the relation back. Also I feel like some Nigerian travel agencies do this but am not sure I need to ask a friend who recently traveled. Flight to Nigeria should not be more than 500k max no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
Taxi 200$ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

meekmk:

Vancouver island should be in Vancouver na shey? Or at least Clair. I'm not headed to Vancouver either I'm headed to abbots ford. I would have to take a taxi for 200$ to my school from the airport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
michV:
indirectly you wan tell me say na Indian ladies go full my classroom? #sigh.. undecided

pretty much bruh.. loll, Na Indians full Lambton college sha...

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by manchester92: 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
manchester92:
Pls I trying to download the forms.. I want to apply for paper route.. Am i to fill the questionaire too? Also its not ticking when im ticking it so pls help a brother.. Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by toboy: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Gymme:

Nawoo!! cheesy tongue Maybe they're charging him in terms of 'charter'. It's better to come with cash. There are thousands of taxi at the airport and they have their machine that calculate the price as they drive you. All you need is give them your address. I am not conversant with Vancouver. but from Montréal Trudeau Airport to like Downtown is like $50 max.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
@Justwise. Please my people, I need your help and advise. I submitted my application with an upfront medicals and after 3 weeks i got a medical mail on the 23rd of June. I was advised by some people here to attach the upfront medical form and send to accraimmigration@international.gc.ca which i did on the 24th june and since then i have been sending mails to Accra immigration to see if they have received my Medical form and yet no reply. I linked my application online on the 29th of July, only to see that "my Medical is still required" which means the mail i sent to them has not been acted upon. Please how do i tackle this problem because this wait is killing me. I could have gone to Ghana but it's paper route and i submitted it with my passport, I don't think there's a way i could cross the border without my passport. Please @thesoj, @michV et al please i need your inputs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
Team16:
@Justwise. Please my people, I need your help and advise. I submitted my application with an upfront medicals and after 3 weeks i got a medical mail on the 23rd of June. I was advised by some people here to attach the upfront medical form and send to accraimmigration@international.gc.ca which i did on the 24th june and since then i have been sending mails to Accra immigration to see if they have received my Medical form and yet no reply. I linked my application online on the 29th of July, only to see that "my Medical is still required" which means the mail i sent to them has not been acted upon. Please how do i tackle this problem because this wait is killing me. I could have gone to Ghana but it's paper route and i submitted it with my passport, I don't think there's a way i could cross the border without my passport. Please @thesoj, @michV et al please i need your inputs
bro/sister this actually make me detest incompetency in the manner of which cic whether accra or not handles applications.in this ur situation,since you had done upfront and they sent you another medical mail again,in my suggestion i think you should go to the hospital where you did that upfront,for them to send it to CIC/Accra directly. One can't just start mailing a document to accra immigration if they don't ask or if they'v not responded to ur request to upload any document/send additional docs.my input though.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by favour0011: 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
This is quite simple. Go to the hospital you did your medicals with your new medical letter from cic. They will help you forward it.
Team16:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jurobi26: 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hello, please, I need a Clarification, I for a student visa, and my sponsor isn't based here in Nigeria, now I heard I need to have some substantial amount in my account transfered probabablyby my sponsor, and again apart from the statement of account of my sponsor, do I need to also submit my own statement of account? Plz will really appreciate if my question is answered
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Gymme:

That was the estimate by the school .. Not sure how accurate. From the airport to my destination is about an hour and twenty minutes.

Quick question to . After approval and passport dispatched from Accra, how long should I wait to go to VfS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by john4affiliate: 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
Team16:

Email ur medical result proof to Ghana. Simple as a b c
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Newman1010: 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
My take on this PGD/PGC issue is this: I think they have a qouta for PGD/PDG students. So the take their time to review and place the best applications in a pool. Now towards the end of August/ early September, they select from the pool having the quota in mind. You will notice that there will be mass approval and mass delay during that period. Same thing happened last year fall. The delays are majorly PURPOSE OF VISIT AND LENGTH OF STAY related. These delays are as a result of quota and not because the applications were not good enough.

I urge you all to just relax so that you don't fail medicals due to high BP. Stay calm and let the king take the wheels.

It will surely end in Praise.

Carter001:

still don't know why they are delaying PGC/PGD applicants this year, bro part 9 was full of TRV testimonies , many of which were PGC oo..
+ i don't think its because the volume of applications received is too much for them too handle cos.....there's this other forum for international students applying to Canadian skls , the threads are full of Indians and they keep posting TRV success stories erryday...wish ours could be like that....

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
If the school gives such ridiculous estimate, they probably got a share in a taxi company. Lol. Taxi is not the way bro and should not be the only option from Van airport. There should be airport shuttle with a fixed price or train.

I'm not sure about the Accra system going on now. When i applied then, i only knew Accra as the capital of Ghana. Lol

Other peeps that have gotten theirs during this 'Accra regime' might help give you an estimate.

meekmk:

That was the estimate by the school .. Not sure how accurate. From the airport to my destination is about an hour and twenty minutes.

Quick question to . After approval and passport dispatched from Accra, how long should I wait to go to VfS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BE811APP: 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
I am in the same shoes with you.. tho mine is for OWP..

I did Upfront and i got a medical mail..

When i got to the hospital the doctor gave me an updated medical form different from the one i used during application, he told me to quote the e-Medical no. from d hospital U01**** number then i should quote my IME no.s, application No. and the likes and the doctor told me to go to vfs to ask for the email address to send it to.

I called VFS d next day.. the said i should address it to accra immigration after telling them I applied for work permit..

four (4) days after Accra Immigration replied me and said I should forward the Mail to Lagos which is did since 12th July.

I dont know if my account has been updated because.. I have been trying to link my application online for the past 6 days consecutively and I have not been successful.

Can any one help me with Linking an open work permit

I was using "work permit and extension" for sub-category at first it never scaled through.. I was advised by a fellow NLander.. to change the sub-cateogry to "International Experience Canada".. I have done it for days.. still not linking sad

Last Bullet:

If u didn't quote the hospital unique number giving to u and your application number and IME and UCI numbers please resend stating those information..

If u dont have an updated e-medical form pls go back and get it from the hospital... bcuz the updated e-medical form states the date that your result was sent to CIC.. which will be easier to trace..

GoodLuck!!!

Team16:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BE811APP: 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
The hospital wont forward it again.. if they have sent it initially..

favour0011:
This is quite simple. Go to the hospital you did your medicals with your new medical letter from cic. They will help you forward it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 31, 2016
Hmm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 31, 2016
Gymme:
If the school gives such ridiculous estimate, they probably got a share in a taxi company. Lol. Taxi is not the way bro and should not be the only option from Van airport. There should be airport shuttle with a fixed price or train.

I'm not sure about the Accra system going on now. When i applied then, i only knew Accra as the capital of Ghana. Lol

Other peeps that have gotten theirs during this 'Accra regime' might help give you an estimate.

The estimate is not ridiculous. Abbotsford to Vancouver or vice versa would be about an hour drive plus some minutes. Moreover, BC is very expensive. He can save some amount by using public transit, if he can cope with transfering mode of transportation and spend close to 3 hours travel time with public transport. i even found that amount cheap for BC considering the fact that a taxi from where i live to regina airport in sask cost the same amount, a journey of just over 1hr drive.

toboy:

Nawoo!! cheesy tongue Maybe they're charging him in terms of 'charter'. It's better to come with cash. There are thousands of taxi at the airport and they have their machine that calculate the price as they drive you. All you need is give them your address. I am not conversant with Vancouver. but from Montréal Trudeau Airport to like Downtown is like $50 max.
That's intracity rate. Once they leave their city of operation, the charges go up. They wont use meter again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 3:11am On Jul 31, 2016
michV:
my nigga! Para mood suppose hot now oo! Monday na August 1st, my school resumes sept 6th..just imagine! The disturbing issue is that they don't want to let us know why this delays either via CIC website or via their twitter handle

If you check CIC's Twitter handle, you'd notice that their services are below standard compared to other developed nations. Most tweets directed at their handle are just testimonies of their appalling services. They may have good economy and good educational system buh their embassy is just messed up. People even go as far as insulting CIC on Twitter. That's to show how terrible their immigration services are. If case enquiries won't work or emailing Accra immigration office won't work either then we should probably entertain the idea of writing a letter and forwarding same to both Lagos office and Accra visa office. If they received several mails (not emails) they'd probably act on them. Mails are usually treated with urgency compared to emails. Sending a letter is more cogent. A friend of mine wrote a letter to CIC last year asking CIC to furnish him with info regarding his application and within one week of dispatching the letter his application was updated and he was called for medicals. This could be coincidence buh it doesn't hurt to try for those people that have exhausted all means to get info regarding the status of their applications. If your application has exceeded the regular processing time and you've attempted CSE and yet no tangible response, then you should consider a letter. Also for those of una wey dey plan protest abeg make una chill small o.

For those planning on applying for PGC/PGD, this should be a lesson to y'all. Apply like 5months before your school resumes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 31, 2016
yemdogg:

If you check CIC's Twitter handle, you'd notice that their services are below standard compared to other developed nations. Most tweets directed at their handle are just testimonies of their appalling services. They may have good economy and good educational system buh their embassy is just messed up. People even go as far as insulting CIC on Twitter. That's to show how terrible their immigration services are. If case enquiries won't work or emailing Accra immigration office won't work either then we should probably entertain the idea of writing a letter and forwarding same to both Lagos office and Accra visa office. If they received several mails (not emails) they'd probably act on them. Sending a letter is more cogent. Also for those of una wey dey plan protest abeg make una chill small o.

For those planning on applying for PGC/PGD this should be a lesson to y'all. Apply like 5months before your school resumes.
That is canada for you. People are very laid back here, and for the fact that they are government employees, that is not suprising. I have been to several developed countries and canada is one i find hard to understand how the system operates. Sometimes i wonder how they have been able to manage to keep their membership of being a developed country. This is the "least developed" developed country i have lived in.

@MichV...monday is a public holiday in Canada. Most likely would be observed by their high commisions too. Work resumes on tuesday the 2nd.The delay in processing is part of your orientation on canadian culture., you would soon realize that words like waitlist, long weekends, processing times e.t.c are common words here..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 3:29am On Jul 31, 2016
princey83:

That is canada for you. People are very laid back here, and for the fact that they are government employees, that is not suprising. I have been to several developed countries and canada is one i find harf to understand how the system operates. Sometimes i wonder how they have been able to manage to keep their membership of being a developed country. This is the "least developed" developed country i have lived in.

Am telling you. They're too laid back. When I checked their Twitter handle about four days ago I was disappointed with CIC. Cos you'd expect more from a country like Canada. With a population below 40million why is their immigration services this complicated. Even US with population that is about six times the size of Canada even has better and more coordinated immigration services.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 31, 2016
yemdogg:

Am telling you. They're too laid back. When I checked their Twitter handle about four days ago I was disappointed with CIC. Cos you'd expect more from a country like Canada. With a population below 40million why is their immigration services this complicated. Even US with population that is about six times the size of Canada even has better and more coordinated immigration services.
It's not just cic...almost all organisations in canada are like that. it's kind of a culture thing. This time especially is the worst time of the year cos of summer holidays.
i work in a goverment job here and half of our staff have gone on vacation. Now phones just rings endlessly at work.lol
Even me sef dey try to get hold of another person at another government organization but the unserious fellow didnt bother to reply the email i sent him just before he went on a 6weeks vacation. He has also refusd to check his email on vacation and he has succesfuly delayed a payment i am expecting. Imagine what would have happened if i needed that payment urgently.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 5:13am On Jul 31, 2016
Ok oo sir! If you live in Sask and say BC is very expensive and such conclude a taxi of 200$ is economical, well what can i say.

I live in BC and expenses are not as expensive as you think compared to Alberta or others. Atleast a university (UNBC) in BC is cheaper than those in Sask. Gaskia!!!

All i'm saying is he could explore other means of transportation at a cheaper rate. Shikena!

princey83:

The estimate is not ridiculous. Abbotsford to Vancouver or vice versa would be about an hour drive plus some minutes. Moreover, BC is very expensive. He can save some amount by using public transit, if he can cope with transfering mode of transportation and spend close to 3 hours travel time with public transport. i even found that amount cheap for BC considering the fact that a taxi from where i live to regina airport in sask cost the same amount, a journey of just over 1hr drive.

That's intracity rate. Once they leave their city of operation, the charges go up. They wont use meter again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 5:54am On Jul 31, 2016
What's the mail address and how should it be addressed, thank u.

yemdogg:

If you check CIC's Twitter handle, you'd notice that their services are below standard compared to other developed nations. Most tweets directed at their handle are just testimonies of their appalling services. They may have good economy and good educational system buh their embassy is just messed up. People even go as far as insulting CIC on Twitter. That's to show how terrible their immigration services are. If case enquiries won't work or emailing Accra immigration office won't work either then we should probably entertain the idea of writing a letter and forwarding same to both Lagos office and Accra visa office. If they received several mails (not emails) they'd probably act on them. Mails are usually treated with urgency compared to emails. Sending a letter is more cogent. A friend of mine wrote a letter to CIC last year asking CIC to furnish him with info regarding his application and within one week of dispatching the letter his application was updated and he was called for medicals. This could be coincidence buh it doesn't hurt to try for those people that have exhausted all means to get info regarding the status of their applications. If your application has exceeded the regular processing time and you've attempted CSE and yet no tangible response, then you should consider a letter. Also for those of una wey dey plan protest abeg make una chill small o.

For those planning on applying for PGC/PGD, this should be a lesson to y'all. Apply like 5months before your school resumes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 6:01am On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=Newman1010 post=48040808]My take on this PGD/PGC issue is this: I think they have a qouta for PGD/PDG students. So the take their time to review and place the best applications in a pool. Now towards the end of August/ early September, they select from the pool having the quota in mind. You will notice that there will be mass approval and mass delay during that period. Same thing happened last year fall. The delays are majorly PURPOSE OF VISIT AND LENGTH OF STAY related. These delays are as a result of quota and not because the applications were not good enough.

I urge you all to just relax so that you don't fail medicals due to high BP. Stay calm and let the king take the whee

My oWn school resumes end of August npt Even September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 6:17am On Jul 31, 2016
bjmme:
Good morning to all,has anyone collected a statement of account from a co-operative bank,or a letter about his savings,I need a sample to show to them about my money in there,the money is much o...I need help on this.

I submitted a statement of account from my staff cooperative account where i contribute money. The money is much too. They generated a statement for me to add to my normal bank statement. So ask them. They generate statement too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 6:20am On Jul 31, 2016
bjmme:
Good morning to all,has anyone collected a statement of account from a co-operative bank,or a letter about his savings,I need a sample to show to them about my money in there,the money is much o...I need help on this.

How can a cooperative bank not know about statement of account? Mine was not even a bank. It was a staff cooperative society and they generated statements. Hian!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blaugrana82(m): 6:35am On Jul 31, 2016
Good morning my fellow TRV chasers. I need someone to help me with a sample of " Sponsor's introduction letter from his place of work" I've checked the docs posted on this thread in the previous parts and still could not find it... would be glad if you could all help me. I also want to get my birth cert from National Population Commission office in Surulere, pls how much would I have to pay and would I be issued the birth certificate immediately? cos I misplaced mine when I was in 400level... pls guys help me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 6:51am On Jul 31, 2016
The choice is yours bro..

meekmk:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2016
Gymme:
The choice is yours bro..

Nice bro.. Make we link up for BC abeg. How good is the Internet connections over there?
Process of buying a SIM card. Or even buying an Internet modem.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 8:06am On Jul 31, 2016
Na wifi be the way bro. No internet modem like naija. We fit connect off here.

meekmk:

Nice bro.. Make we link up for BC abeg. How good is the Internet connections over there?
Process of buying a SIM card. Or even buying an Internet modem.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 9:03am On Jul 31, 2016
michV:
bro/sister this actually make me detest incompetency in the manner of which cic whether accra or not handles applications.in this ur situation,since you had done upfront and they sent you another medical mail again,in my suggestion i think you should go to the hospital where you did that upfront,for them to send it to CIC/Accra directly. One can't just start mailing a document to accra immigration if they don't ask or if they'v not responded to ur request to upload any document/send additional docs.my input though.

I have gone to the hospital and they gave me a new copy showing the date they sent it to CIC. This was the document I forwarded to Accraimmigrations and since then, I've not heard anything from them. I'm so confused
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 9:05am On Jul 31, 2016
john4affiliate:

Email ur medical result proof to Ghana. Simple as a b c

I have done that since 24th june yet as of today, my application is still showing medical required.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.