Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Can PDP Produce Senate President If Saraki Is Removed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can PDP Produce Senate President If Saraki Is Removed? (758 Views)

Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) / PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima / 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can PDP Produce Senate President If Saraki Is Removed? by donk147: 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
Unless the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) rallies round the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, and save him from being removed from office, the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) may produce his replacement, Senator Peter Nwaboshi has said.

Nwaboshi, who currently represents Delta North Senatorial District at the National Assembly made this remark yesterday while appraising the travail of the senate president and how he is being abandoned by the party.

The lawmaker expressed optimism that Saraki has a good case in his ongoing travail before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) but he noted that if the APC allows him to be removed from office, the PDP will produce the next Senate President.

Speaking against the background that some lawmakers loyal to Saraki have been meeting on the auspices of Like Minds to rally round Saraki in case the unexpected happens, he stated that “I wish APC the best of luck if they are making that wild goose chase.”

He added that “But I want you to mark what I’m saying; If, but God forbid, because we don’t see it coming, by chance Saraki is removed; I can tell you that PDP will produce the next Senate President.”

While being reminded that the feat would be difficult for the PDP to achieve in view of its minority position in the Senate, the politician who is also a former PDP chairman in Delta State explained that “We only need three and we have it. The calculation is very clear to me. The calculation is very clear for PDP. We know what it will.....

http://leadership.ng/news/514347/pdp-produce-senate-president-saraki-removed-nwaboshi-2
Re: Can PDP Produce Senate President If Saraki Is Removed? by Onyiridike(f): 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
And you think Saraki is an APC member?

PDP already has the Senate President slot in the person of Abubakar Saraki and even Buhari is aware of this.

2 Likes

Re: Can PDP Produce Senate President If Saraki Is Removed? by fashoo2010(m): 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
One thing that is certain is that anyone dat will emerge as the next Senate president will be from PDP and saraki APC group, Tinubu/Lawal group can never win the position
Re: Can PDP Produce Senate President If Saraki Is Removed? by millhouse: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
N-pdp faction in apc are more United than acn and cpc
Re: Can PDP Produce Senate President If Saraki Is Removed? by fistonati(m): 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
Constitutionally YES, and that's why am waiting for that drama because APC is believing they will force anyone down so that people will tag it politics

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Troops Capture Six Terrorists At Boboshe, Kadawu / 'Smart Adeyemi Joined APC Spiritually, Not Physically' - Senator Dino Melaye / Uzor Kalu And John Fashanu Visits Fani Kayode And His New Baby (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.