Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? (1539 Views)

God Does Not Need Jesus To Forgive SIN / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video) / Question To The Catholics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
@Gombs @Joeagbaje

in ROR of february, one of the topics was about the power to forgive sins. From what he said in it, it seems he now agrees with the Catholics on the fact that christians or at least ordained ministers of God have the power to forgive sins.

What do you say about that exortation from Pastor?
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by coolcharm(m): 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
If he didn't die for my sins, then he can swerve already. Christians need to study their bibles so some yahoo yahoo pastors don't manipulate their minds.
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
Prayer Thank you Father, for granting me the authority to heal the sick, raise the dead, FORGiVE SINS and turn men’s hearts to righteousness. I function in the authority of Jesus, for as He is the effulgence of your glory, dispenser of your mercies, goodness and grace, so am I in this world! Amen.

1 Like

Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Gombs(m): 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
craziebone:
@Gombs @Joeagbaje

in ROR of february, one of the topics was about the power to forgive sins. From what he said in it, it seems he now agrees with the Catholics on the fact that christians or at least ordained ministers of God have the power to forgive sins.

What do you say about that exortation from Pastor?

Can you show where you have issues, let's take it from there.

Thanks
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Kenneth4u205(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
John 20:21
21 Jesus said to them again: “May you have peace. Just as the Father has sent me, I also am sending you.” 23 If you forgive the sins of anyone, they are forgiven; if you retain those of anyone, they are retained.”
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
Gombs:

Thanks

before now, christ embassy members as well as the whole of protestanism and pentecostalism do dismiss the catholic doctrine of the sacrament of reconciliation as idolizing and puting a mere man (priest) in the place of God. I have actually heard some of BLW pastors and members ridicle that article of the catholic faith.

So the question i am going to ask you is that: have you always believed, right from the time you became a believer and bcame dedicated to God to the time you saw that passage in ROR, that you, or Pst Chris, have the power to forgive sin?

Do you think by the virtue of what Pst said in that particular passage, he agrees with the catholics that Men could also have the power to forgive sin?
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Gombs(m): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
craziebone:

[s]before now, christ embassy members as well as the whole of protestanism and pentecostalism do dismiss the catholic doctrine of the sacrament of reconciliation as idolizing and puting a mere man (priest) in the place of God. I have actually heard some of BLW pastors and members ridicle that article of the catholic faith.

So the question i am going to ask you is that: have you always believed, right from the time you became a believer and bcame dedicated to God to the time you saw that passage in ROR, that you, or Pst Chris, have the power to forgive sin?

Do you think by the virtue of what Pst said in that particular passage, he agrees with the catholics that Men could also have the power to forgive sin?[/s]

Gombs:

Thanks

undecided undecided
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
The more devote a man of faith is, the more narrrow-minded he becomes; the more narrow-minded he is, the more intolerant he becomes; the more intolerant he is, the more likely he would unleash violence on anyone and anything he thinks is opposing his faith or man of God. When you look closer, you find in them an embarrasing level of fear; fear that what they've always known, could be a lie. My advice? Be careful with devote men of faith; and @Gombs and @Joeagbaje are both men of faith.

I asked you questions first, and you couldn't answer; instead, you tried to turn the table around. It won't hurt so much if you just try to have an open conversation for once and not be afraid to be wrong. Its ok. Life is more beautiful that way, i assure you!

1 Like

Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
coolcharm:
If he didn't die for my sins, then he can swerve already. Christians need to study their bibles so some yahoo yahoo pastors don't manipulate their minds.

but the power to forgive sin, is stated in the bible passage he qouted in the article. I think it is John 19:20
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Gombs(m): 7:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
Kenneth4u205:
John 20:21
21 Jesus said to them again: “May you have peace. Just as the Father has sent me, I also am sending you.” 23 If you forgive the sins of anyone, they are forgiven; if you retain those of anyone, they are retained.”

Jesus was speaking to believers... Yet it is difficult for some to understand basic English.

God bless you bro.

*unfollows thread
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Joagbaje(m): 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
I don't know what the Catholic believes about forgiveness but according to the bible the church has the power to retain or forgive sins . But I would have appreciated if you post the rhapsody episode you're making reference to.
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by CHARLYX9: 1:04am On Apr 05, 2016
@CEC PASTORS,PASTOR CHRIS IS A LONG TIME GUNNER,HE HAS LNG LEFT THE FAITH PREACHING A LOT OF HERETICAL FOR EXAMPLE CHECK HOW CHRIS EXPLAIN WHAT ETERNITY MEANS
" Set your mind
on God’s purpose for your
life. That’s what counts! It
has to be a revelation that
you accept, endorse and
imbibe into your spirit; a
knowledge that’s a
controlling principle in
your life. That means
everywhere you go, and
everything you do, you’re
inspired by God’s eternal
purpose and perfect will
for your life''
REF:http://loveworldtelevisionministry.org/site/insight/ror-24th-mar/#more-421

His own explanation of eternity is not were you end up after this world but rather being conscious of God's purpose,God's blessings for your life sounding like his other "WOF" propnents the likes of joel osteen.kenneth copeland,benny hinn e.t.c who believes that what we christians live in this world for is all about God's blessings and purpose no genuine eternity,jesus christ,holy spirit preaching from them.
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 05, 2016
Joagbaje:

I don't know what the Catholic believes about forgiveness but according to the bible the church has the power to retain or forgive sins . But I would have appreciated if you post the rhapsody episode you're making reference to.

http://loveworldtelevisionministry.org/site/insight/ror-17th-feb/

hmm, you come off as a more open person. I want you to know that i am not out to diss anyone. I understand it if you, @Joeagbaje or @gombs is paranoid and thinking everryone is only out to diss you and tell you you are not in line with christianity hence, you became defencive by default. But Its a pity @gombs related with this thread the way he did.

I was in my sister's house when i saw the ROR february edition. I opened it and saw that particular episode. When i saw it, i remembered the long standing arguement between the Catholics and other christians particularly, the portestants, pentecostals and other organizations like the watch tower organization of pennsylvania A.KA Jehovah's witness. The long-standing debate was wether anyone on earth has the power to forgive sin. The catholics believe that their ordained ministers have the power to forgive sin and that Jesus gave them that power. The other christians found this intolerable. They feel it is idolatory to go to a priest for confession and forgiveness of sins, denying that anyone on earth has the power to absolve another person of their sins.

So when i saw that episode on ROR, i was like..."could it be that other christians, CE members in particular, are now begining to agree with the catholics in a debate that has lasted for over 500years?

I was also wondering if you @Joeagbaje and @Gombs and all the other CE members here, before seeing it in ROR, have ever disagreed with the catholics on wether believers can forgive sins, and if you are now making a u-turn.
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by esere826: 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
Yes, "protestants" generally disagree that man cannot forgive sins. However, I disagree. Like you rightly pointed out, Christ himself gave us the ability to do so.

I guess the challenge is when a few christians try to corner this privilege. If you've got Christ, then even you can forgive the sins of others. Its not a complex religious process. Say you go preaching to someone, and the person wants to receive Christ but is not sure. You simple forgive his sins and welcome him to Christ by his confession.
Re: Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? by Joagbaje(m): 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
craziebone:

http://loveworldtelevisionministry.org/site/insight/ror-17th-feb/

hmm, you come off as a more open person. I want you to know that i am not out to diss anyone. I understand it if you, @Joeagbaje or @gombs is paranoid and thinking everryone is only out to diss you and tell you you are not in line with christianity hence, you became defencive by default. But Its a pity @gombs related with this thread the way he did.

I was in my sister's house when i saw the ROR february edition. I opened it and saw that particular episode. When i saw it, i remembered the long standing arguement between the Catholics and other christians particularly, the portestants, pentecostals and other organizations like the watch tower organization of pennsylvania A.KA Jehovah's witness. The long-standing debate was wether anyone on earth has the power to forgive sin. The catholics believe that their ordained ministers have the power to forgive sin and that Jesus gave them that power. The other christians found this intolerable. They feel it is idolatory to go to a priest for confession and forgiveness of sins, denying that anyone on earth has the power to absolve another person of their sins.

So when i saw that episode on ROR, i was like..."could it be that other christians, CE members in particular, are now begining to agree with the catholics in a debate that has lasted for over 500years?

I was also wondering if you @Joeagbaje and @Gombs and all the other CE members here, before seeing it in ROR, have ever disagreed with the catholics on wether believers can forgive sins, and if you are now making a u-turn.

It's not about agreeing with Catholics it's about taking the word of God for what it says . We can forgive and we can retain

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Truth Revealed: All Pastors Are Anti-Jesus by a disciple of Jesus / How T.B. Joshua Scammed Famous Elite Of the Entertainment and Political World / How Did Jesus Cast Out Devils That Can't Go Out But By Fasting Without Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.