Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date (1152 Views)

What Is The Worst (regrettable) Thing You've Ever Done? / A Regrettable Mistake But Can It Be Fixed? / 6 Things You Should Never Eat Prior To A First Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by kazeemshina: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
These are the successful techniques to apply to make your first date last longer and am sure this gonna keep you active and always remind not to act funny just follow me below enjoy.

1.) 1. The first date is the discovery period.
Keep in mind that the first date is usually the discovery period. In other words, it is the time when you learn more things about the other person. Aside from that, you should also open up about yourself, so that your date would also know more about you. This is the time to see if you would really be good together or not.

2.)Don’t forget to smile.
Smiling would not just make you feel better, but it can also make the other person more comfortable of being with you. A smile would encourage a more positive atmosphere between the two of you. With that, you can soon share funny stories and jokes, which would make your first date more enjoyable.

3.)Shave your face.
Although not all women love their men to have shave faces, it is still safer to go on a first date with a clean face. This is because, a woman may think that you are untidy or have the tendency to be violent if you won’t have a clean face on the first date. Aside from that, some women actually have bisexual tendencies, and they simply love looking at a soft face.

4.) Do not have sex on the first date.
Even if your body is telling you to sleep with the guy that you are dating, you should not have sex with him on the first date. This is because, there is a huge possibility that you still do not know lots of things about him after the first date. Aside from that, if you do it on the first date, it may cloud your judgment on whether to continue dating him or not.

5.)Don’t be too serious on the first date.
Dating should be fun, and you should enjoy it even on the first date. Being too serious may put your focus too much on the questions that you need to ask the other person with. It can make you feel that you are trying to interview him, or you are the one who is being interviewed. Try to enjoy the company of the other person, so that you can get the most out of it.

6.) If you are still not over your previous boyfriend, then do not date yet.
You should be fair on the other person that you would be going on a first date with. With that, if you are still not over your ex, then you should postpone the date. If you really like the new guy, then give yourself some time, so that you won’t end up thinking or even talking about your ex on your first date.

7.) Impress your first date with your voice.
Always remember that women do not want men that sound immature, which is usually the case if the person’s voice has a high tone. Thus, you should try to use a deep voice on your first date, so that you can impress your girl. If it cracks, then you need to practice it until you become more accustomed on keeping it low.

8.) Do not talk about topics that can make her uncomfortable.
When you are on a first date with a person you really like, focus more on light topics when you talk to her. Don’t talk about sex since it can make her uncomfortable. Aside from that, you should also avoid very serious topics, since you want to establish an atmosphere between the two of you that is more relaxed and friendly.

9.) Use non-smelling deodorants.
It is a complete turn off to a woman you are dating if you start to smell. Always remember that you can get nervous on your first date, and it can get you perspiring fast. Thus, you need to make use of a good deodorant, so that she won’t be able to smell your sweat. You can also use a mild perfume if you want to or an aftershave.

10.) 10. Don’t act like you are in a relationship already.
Since it is still going to be your first date, then you should avoid acting like you are in a relationship already. In other words, don’t show any kind of jealousy if your date accidentally glanced at another girl. Acting like this can scare off the other person, and it would ruin your chances of going out more.

Source: http://www.foaleagle.com/2015/12/first-date-relationship-tips-and-tricks.html

Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Mskrisx(f): 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
Nicely scripted
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Cutehector(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
Don't u dare touch dat fone! angry
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Dan42(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
Noted.
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by McCarlito(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
Those tips are for newbies......

Meanwhile nice post Op..
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by sinaj(f): 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hehehe guys thread tongue

Nice write up tho smiley
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
No 5 thats were some well meaning guys mess up.

Interview questions on a first date, are just huge turn offs.
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Cutehector(m): 8:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:
No 5 thats were some well meaning guys mess up.

Interview questions on a first date, are just huge turn offs.
lwkmd, d babe say na interview questions.. cmon dat only happens wen communication is just one sided. Dnt u chip in? Or u just sit quietly and look at him
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Yuneehk(f): 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
Op well written! Guys look more responsible with nicely trimmed beards. As for the bushy ones, kai! they scare me
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Tallesty1(m): 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
A regrettable first date is actually the one that didn't end in sex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Cutehector(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
Yuneehk:
Op well written! Guys look more responsible with nicely trimmed beards. As for the bushy ones, kai! they scare me
I will just keep quiet cheesy
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Cutehector:
lwkmd, d babe say na interview questions.. cmon dat only happens wen communication is just one sided. Dnt u chip in? Or u just sit quietly and look at him

U go fear o
Youve not seen people that can ask questions for africa.
-How many are you people at home
-Are you the last born
-How many places have you visited
-Do you mind coming to lag someday
- Whats your birth date etc

Date is suppose to be fun and the questions should be light enough for somebody to relax jooor
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by donholy28(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
A regrettable first date is actually then one that didn't end in sex.
waiter!!! bring 5 bottles of orijin for dix guy
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Cutehector(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:

U go fear o
Youve not seen people that can ask questions for africa.
-How many are you people at home
-Are you the last born
-How many places have you visited
-Do you mind coming to lag someday
- Whats your birth date etc

Date is suppose to be fun and the questions should be light enough for somebody to relax jooor
hahahhahah I can imagine. Well it depends on d place u guys meet.. I remember one of my dates with a nairalander, gosh, I spent 3 hours talkin.. we jisted and jisted and gisted and we're laffn at d top of our voices ryt in dominos pizza..

Some oda one, chei, d babe just silent, nothing to say.. she was just as mute as anythn.. even if I tried being funy, she won't even laff.. I just hurried up d date and told her I was headn somewhere
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
Cutehector:
hahahhahah I can imagine. Well it depends on d place u guys meet.. I remember one of my dates with a nairalander, gosh, I spent 3 hours talkin.. we jisted and jisted and gisted and we're laffn at d top of our voices ryt in dominos pizza..

Some oda one, chei, d babe just silent, nothing to say.. she was just as mute as anythn.. even if I tried being funy, she won't even laff.. I just hurried up d date and told her I was headn somewhere

Lmao! true. Gisting with someone that shares your passion, views, etc can be fuuuuuuuuun 3hrs will look like 3mins. Ive also had few dates like that, they can so capture your interest you will forget you had other plans. Lol.

Aaaarn keeping mute all through is not cute if you aint dumb. Who knows maybe her mind was somewhere else.
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Cutehector(m): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Lmao! true. Gisting with someone that shares your passion, views, etc can be fuuuuuuuuun 3hrs will look like 3mins. Ive also had few dates like that, they can so capture your interest you will forget you had other plans. Lol.

Aaaarn keeping mute all through is not cute if you aint dumb. Who knows maybe her mind was somewhere else.
maybe. I think we ought to just have an open mind abt dates generally.. normally wen I watch movies and I see hw typical dates are, am like, phew. Wen will we Nigerians learn... people hav dates in parks, at d beach, the river, (a boat where u two could just enter and begin to row) grin nw if u ask girls nw, dey will say dey are scared of water lol..

I'm just an adventurous guy.. I wish dating in Nigeria could be more fun dat it already is.
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Tallesty1(m): 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
donholy28:
waiter!!! bring 5 bottles of orijin for dix guy
gringringringringrin

Sex or stay in your house.
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by peeparty(m): 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
Bae i wont scare ohk,got a well trimmed cute beards#Beardganglawd.
Yuneehk:
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
Cutehector:
maybe. I think we ought to just have an open mind abt dates generally.. normally wen I watch movies and I see hw typical dates are, am like, phew. Wen will we Nigerians learn... people hav dates in parks, at d beach, the river, (a boat where u two could just enter and begin to row) grin nw if u ask girls nw, dey will say dey are scared of water lol..

I'm just an adventurous guy.. I wish dating in Nigeria could be more fun dat it already is.
hehehehe me too. Thought about the dating thing. The way we see date here is kinda too rigid. It has to be a nice comfortable place before we know we are datn

Personally i dont mind going to see some real life scenes, something real! but rowing on a boat nananana grin Am so scared of water. I never gather mind up to that level grin
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by peeparty(m): 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
A regrettable first date is actually the one that didn't end in sex.
lol learning from the boss himsef.
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Its ok just above average grin
Wers ur source pls
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Cutehector(m): 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:
hehehehe me too. Thought about the dating thing. The way we see date here is kinda too rigid. It has to be a nice comfortable place before we know we are datn

Personally i dont mind going to see some real life scenes, something real! but rowing on a boat nananana grin Am so scared of water. I never gather mind up to that level grin
Hahahhahahhaha scared much? Ok here is what we'l do, I could mention ten cooool places in ur area which u"v Neva been before dats gona be so lovely u"d wish u were there everyday.
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Tallesty1(m): 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
peeparty:
lol learning from the boss himsef.
Lols
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
Cutehector:
Hahahhahahhaha scared much? Ok here is what we'l do, I could mention ten cooool places in ur area which u"v Neva been before dats gona be so lovely u"d wish u were there everyday.
You must be a clairvoyant, go ahead Lol!
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Cutehector(m): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You must be a clairvoyant, go ahead Lol!
urm grin cheesy

The stadium at night... it's just u both only.. wink u two just spread ur mat and lie facin d stars.. u knw dah kyn tin cheesy

2. The library in school.. wink u two sit togeda and pick a science book, smth not relatin to ur field of study, more like geography, or animals, or wareva abstract thing, like guiness book of records, and laff it off together

3: outside ur gate at night.. it's still a date cheesy. Just make sure no one comes out. Like lock it from outside while u both jist and do mushy mushy

4. The beach.. yes, I can bet u havnt been to d beach wink

5. Ontop a tree. What's more fun dat two crazy lovebirds climb a treehouse or a tree and do mushy mushy.. wink sit one one of d hard branches, and commune together cheesy wink
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Cutehector:
urm grin cheesy

The stadium at night... it's just u both only.. wink u two just spread ur mat and lie facin d stars.. u knw dah kyn tin cheesy

2. The library in school.. wink u two sit togeda and pick a science book, smth not relatin to ur field of study, more like geography, or animals, or wareva abstract thing, like guiness book of records, and laff it off together

3: outside ur gate at night.. it's still a date cheesy. Just make sure no one comes out. Like lock it from outside while u both jist and do mushy mushy

4. The beach.. yes, I can bet u havnt been to d beach wink

5. Ontop a tree. What's more fun dat two crazy lovebirds climb a treehouse or a tree and do mushy mushy.. wink sit one one of d hard branches, and commune together cheesy wink
smileysmiley

Lets see smiley

Huh embarassed stadium at night
Huuuh embarassedembarassed Outside the gate at night
Huuuuh embarassed On top a three! kikikikikiki

Ruling these three out. Lol. I will try them when am engaged and in that relatiinship that is unta marriage.

The beech, of course the beech! You know ive not been to any. Incredible.

Library date sounds....hmmm depends smiley
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Cutehector(m): 11:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:
smileysmiley

Lets see smiley

Huh embarassed stadium at night
Huuuh embarassedembarassed Outside the gate at night
Huuuuh embarassed On top a three! kikikikikiki

Ruling these three out. Lol. I will try them when am engaged and in that relatiinship that is unta marriage.

The beech, of course the beech! You know ive not been to any. Incredible.

Library date sounds....hmmm depends smiley
let me take u to d beach... cool
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
Cutehector:
let me take u to d beach... cool
Am on my way with my boo grin
Actually i am too careful to break a man's heart tongue
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Cutehector(m): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Am on my way with my boo grin
Actually i am too careful to break a man's heart tongue
on ur way this nyt? Babe ur so not good at lying...
Re: Tips To Avoid A Regrettable First Date by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
Cutehector:
on ur way this nyt? Babe ur so not good at lying...
tongue My sec statemnt falsified it.

(1) (Reply)

British Couple Who Split After World War II, Married 72 Years Later / 5 REAL (and Absolutely Shocking) Reasons Men Hire Prostitutes / My Type Of MAN By Aipete2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.