Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi (1863 Views)

Anti-Open Grazing Law: Mansur Dan-Ali, A Disgrace To Democracy - Benue APC / Inec's Inability To Conduct Fair Elections Is The Biggest Threat To Unity - Wike / Justice Nnamdi Dimgba: "SSS’ Conduct Disgrace To Democracy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by 007truthbetold: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2016
…claims Wike’s thug carted away materials during inconclusive Ikwerre LGA polls

The immediate past governor of Rivers state and Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has said that his successor Nyesom Wike is a threat to democracy, a threat to free and fair elections in Rivers State.

Amaechi also stated that the elections in his Ikwerre Local Government Area (LGA) is inconclusive because thugs sent by Wike violently disrupted the collation of votes for the LGA.

In a statement issued by Amaechi’s media office in response to the threats and allegations by Wike in THISDAY newspaper of Saturday, Amaechi described Wike as a clear danger and threat to free and fair elections, devoid of violence in Rivers State.

“Wike’s riotous comments in THISDAY of Saturday is disgraceful and shameful. His resort to blackmail, threats and more violence is a clear danger to the practice of democracy, to free and fair elections in Rivers State.”

“You would recall that Wike has been threatening INEC and INEC officials. Before the re-run elections, he threatened INEC officials coming to conduct the elections to write their wills before coming as if they were coming to die in Rivers State. Sadly, an INEC adhoc staff, a youth corper was killed, murdered. This is a classic case of the owl crying in the night and the baby not waking up in the morning. He threatened INEC before the elections and an INEC official sent to conduct election was murdered on election day, what
other evidence do we need to know who is responsible for the death of the INEC official?”

“Wike is a loose cannon, threatening INEC with violence, fire and brimstone. This is intolerable and completely unacceptable. No democracy can survive with Wike’s kind of attitude and disposition to elections. Wike can’t just go on and on threatening crisis, war and more violence just because of his desperation to win elections.”

On Amaechi’s LGA, Ikwerre LGA elections that Wike claimed PDP won, the statement described Wike’s claim as a cheap lie and another cheap attempt by Wike to blackmail INEC to announce an inconclusive election in favour of PDP.

On Ikwerre LGA, the statement said, “The problem in Ikwerre LGA elections was caused by the same Wike who sent his goons to the LGA collation centre to disrupt the collation. The collating officer for the LGA, Dr. Allwell Egeonu told the press and it is on video, that he was lucky to escape alive as thugs, hoodlums invaded the Ikwerre LGA collation centre in Isiokpo, that they were shooting for
over 30 minutes and everybody had to run for their lives.

The Wike goons took away all the materials. According to the INEC Collating official, nothing was collated in Ikwerre LGA. And this man’s story is on tape. He spoke to the media. The Collating Officer for Ikwerre LGA also went to the INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Rivers State, reported what happened and also wrote about it to the State REC. A copy of the letter is available for all to see. The video is also available online. Many media houses reported it and showed the video.”

“So what result for Ikwerre LGA is Wike talking about? The man INEC sent to collate the results for the LGA, Dr. Egeonu says there is no result for the LGA because he didn’t collate anything, yet Wike is all over the place disgracing himself that Amaechi lost his LGA. He’s all over the place, threatening crisis, threatening INEC with fire and brimstone, for INEC to release a result that does not even exist, in the first place. You can now understand the kind of desperate fellow we are dealing with here. This must not
be allowed to continue. Wike cannot hold an entire state, hostage. He’s a clear danger and threat to the practice of democracy, and free and fair elections in Rivers State. If he’s not threatening crisis, fire and war against Rivers people, he is orchestrating and organizing violence against the people, the same people he swore to protect. This is condemnable, utterly reprehensible and
unacceptable”, the statement read.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/04/03/wike-a-threat-to-democracy-free-fair-elections-amaechi/

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q23URa-frOY][/url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q23URa-frOY

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 03, 2016
You are also one of the threats to our nascent democracy with your bullish style of politics. You always speak of politics in the language of warfare. The crises in Rivers state would have been averted if you hadn't tried to foist an unpopular party on the people. I think the few results released so far have shown you where the hearts of Rivers electorates belong? Quit this hunt for Wike and busy yourself with challenges in the transport sector.

2 Likes

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by ddippset(m): 11:37am On Apr 03, 2016
In a sane Society Wike would be investigate for crimes against humanity. A Governor who made all sorts of death threats. A Governor who continually defended murders and beheadings saying they were merely cult clashes! I know they would tell me what of amaechi? Amaechi 's tirade was basically an exchange of words with wike. I challenge any wailers to tell me what amaechi said that amounted to inciting violence. I only blame buhari who is just talk talk talk but no action. All he says is killers will be death with but he does nothing at the end of the day.
Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by sczeska: 11:39am On Apr 03, 2016
Amaechi a threat to state treasury

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by LONGFUELCUE: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2016
The lizard of ubiama just kponkpi there, no more wailers' form left.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by ddippset(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2016
sczeska:
Amaechi a threat to state treasury
lol, nice one. Just as wike was a threat to federal treasury.
Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by praxisnetworks: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2016
amaechi the wailer..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by praxisnetworks: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2016
shut up and face your salary-less Osun State.

and don't attempt to deny that perpetual penury stricken State.
ddippset:
In a sane Society Wike would be investigate for crimes against humanity. A Governor who made all sorts of death threats. A Governor who continually defended murders and beheadings saying they were merely cult clashes! I know they would tell me what of amaechi? Amaechi 's tirade was basically an exchange of words with wike. I challenge any wailers to tell me what amaechi said that amounted to inciting violence. I only blame buhari who is just talk talk talk but no action. All he says is killers will be death with but he does nothing at the end of the day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by lurther: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2016
Amaechi just don't get it. Rivers people will never vote for APC even if the do ReRun elections in rivers state 1million times.

Amaechi should just walk down he streets and communities of rivers state with security to see what Rivers people think about him and APC....................Amaechi, if you want to try... please try the ReRun elections again in connivance with the Nigeria Army and INEC Rivers people will still vote PDP. all those your boys that were in PDP like Chidi Lyod that had the goodwill of rivers all lost because they contested under the Party APC. they would all be regretting now.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by sczeska: 11:54am On Apr 03, 2016
ddippset:
lol, nice one. Just as wike was a threat to federal treasury.
Na chop i chop
Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by Prince081: 11:57am On Apr 03, 2016
The pussy cat of Ubima. The only work we have seen you do as transport minister is to ride/enjoy GEJ's train from Abuja to Kaduna. You have spent the rest of your time fighting Wike. Wike is the governor of Rivers State and needs support to deliver the dividends of democracy. He has done well so far and would do better if you stop the distraction. Rivers people have spoken loudly as regards to the political party they want. Long live Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by ddippset(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
praxisnetworks:
shut up and face your salary-less Osun State.

and don't attempt to deny that perpetual penury stricken State.
your weed is good. Infact very good! No sticks, no seeds, no stumps.
Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by praxisnetworks: 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
face your Osun State.

ddippset:
your weed is good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by ddippset(m): 12:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
Prince081:
The pussy cat of Ubima. The only work we have seen you do as transport minister is to ride/enjoy GEJ's train from Abuja to Kaduna. You have spent the rest of your time fighting Wike. Wike is the governor of Rivers State and needs support to deliver the dividends of democracy. He has done well so far and would do better if you stop the distraction. Rivers people have spoken loudly as regards to the political party they want. Long live Nigeria

so he's the only one disturbing wike? You didn't hear wike singing amaechi amaechi amaechi on every rádio, TV, newspaper abi? Hypocrites everywhere I look.

)
Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by ddippset(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
lurther:
Amaechi just don't get it. Rivers people will never vote for APC even if the do ReRun elections in rivers state 1million times.

Amaechi should just walk down he streets and communities of rivers state with security to see what Rivers people think about him and APC....................Amaechi, if you want to try... please try the ReRun elections again in connivance with the Nigeria Army and INEC Rivers people will still vote PDP. all those your boys that were in PDP like Chidi Lyod that had the goodwill of rivers all lost because they contested under the Party APC. they would all be regretting now.....
rivers people vote pdp because of 'my brother, my brother' that's Nigeria for you! We don't play politics of development and ideology. We play politics of 'my bother' That's why the oyibos call us monkeys, that's why Nnamdi kanu calls this place a zoo!

1 Like

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by AirFireEarthH20: 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
Your day of reckoning is coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
ddippset:
let me also remind you in a sane society who talked about. No body would ve made Amechi a minister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
ddippset:
rivers people vote pdp because of 'my brother, my brother' that's Nigeria for you! We don't play politics of development and ideology. We play politics of 'my bother' That's why the oyibos call us monkeys, that's why Nnamdi kanu calls this place a zoo!

Wat is d reason for the votes in Kano, Kaduna etc

1 Like

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by magicalx(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
So when is Ameachi going to comment on the Ministry they have him to Head? Yeye Dey smell!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by ddippset(m): 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
let me also remind you in a sane society who talked about. No body would ve made Amechi a minister.
and why is that? Because you have sat your behind in your arm chair at home armed with your home made gavel and declared amaechi guilty or because a court of competent jurisdiction has found him guilty of wrong doing? Or perhaps because Mr wike has tasked his personal judge on his pay roll omereji to investigate amaechi. Choose from the options above, the one which is most appropriate to justify your assertion that Amaechi should not be a minister!
Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by ddippset(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
crixtex:

Wat is d reason for the votes in Kano, Kaduna etc
Same reason! I dislike Nnamdi kanu and I detest everything he stands for; but the one and only área I have agreed with him is that 'Nigeria is a Zoo'
Re: Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
ddippset:
Same reason! I dislike Nnamdi kanu and I detest everything he stands for; but the one and only área I have agreed with him is that 'Nigeria is a Zoo'
hmmm... I tell you.. if nnamdi kanu had agitated for a more foreseeable cause like coming out against looting leaders, senators, etc... I wud ve been more happy...
However recent happenings, have made me start inclining towards him and wat he stands for...

(1) (Reply)

Cancelation Of Monthly Sanitation—5 Big Losers / 17 Arrested In Kaduna With Weapons / SO SHOCKING!!! See What Wike Discuss With Buhari In A Closed Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.