Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos (63842 Views)

Just Like Lagos Onitsha Is Also No Mans Land / What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land / Onitsha Is The ‘most Polluted’ City In The World. WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by tysontim(m): 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
Nice one, I'll try and create Umuahia thread mehn if you've been to ordinary Umuahia recently you'll be amazed at the level of development wow! We now go to Aba to Hustle and either go to PH or Umuahia to spend the cash. Hoping Aba will be better

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
Best schools in Onitsha

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by cocu25(m): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
StunningCEO:

stop being paranoid...everyone else was carved out of their old regions...that does not remove the fact that onitsha is Benin and will remain so till eternity.... angry...remember what Zik said about his origins
mtcheew
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by FKO81(m): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
post=44380598:
Best schools in Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by NewNigeriaMind: 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
Op, do You Have a directory of business in onitsha.
If You do pls attached to the post
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by FKO81(m): 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
More from CKC Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by omololu2020(m): 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
MissBN:
I'm sorry sir, but i saw no explanation, but a pained statement... You said FG will never biuld a port in Onitsha in the next 20yrs time..it'll rather be biult in some SS states.....
And my question is ''why''?? Are you in suppourt of marginalization of the igbo's just to feel good??
Hmmmm....
ok sha....make you keep asking for river port o.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by FKO81(m): 9:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
Queen of Rosary college Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by FKO81(m): 9:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
Best schools in Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by FKO81(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
Security in Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by FKO81(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
Transportation

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by raker300: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
Can I help?

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by HopeAtHand: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
TheArchangel:
Why is it impossible
Nothing is impossible.
Check out the river ports located along the Amazon, Yangtze, Rhine, Seine rivers. Nigerian river port shouldn't be different if not that we are bedevilled by ethnocentric sentiments.

Well. Simply put, if you need big ships in Onitsha port, you have to dredge the River Niger.

If you dredge the River Niger, you will sack several Ijaw communities on the river banks.

Will the Ijaws agree to that..??.... thats the million dollar question.

How about trying to develop the Abia port. Sounds like an idea worth trying.
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Xonology: 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
tysontim:
Nice one, I'll try and create Umuahia thread mehn if you've been to ordinary Umuahia recently you'll be amazed at the level of development wow! We now go to Aba to Hustle and either go to PH or Umuahia to spend the cash. Hoping Aba will be better
will really love to see Umuahia thread..

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Okpueze1(m): 12:07am On Apr 04, 2016
StunningCEO:

I cannot continue to spoonfeed morons....onitsha is Benin even according to the greatest man produced from that side....Zik.... cheesy
Why would I answer a zombie like you who sees Benin land across the Niger in Anambra because he heard and believed a speculation. You have to be sure of your knowledge because 'land' and 'boundary' is involved. Haters like you carved out the Imo oil fields into Rivers state and forced the people into Rivers people and called them South South! Zombie get your map and check and see the Igbo speaking people in Rivers all because of the FEAR and HATRED for the Southeast! Now it is Onitsha. Onuku!

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Efostick(m): 12:11am On Apr 04, 2016
E just pack pictures of the posh parts put.... Just like uploading pictures of VGC when you're asked of Lagos angry angry
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by StunningCEO: 12:18am On Apr 04, 2016
Okpueze1:

Why would I answer a zombie like you who sees Benin land across the Niger in Anambra because he heard and believed a speculation. You have to be sure of your knowledge because 'land' and 'boundary' is involved. Haters like you carved out the Imo oil fields into Rivers state and forced the people into Rivers people and called them South South! Zombie get your map and check and see the Igbo speaking people in Rivers all because of the FEAR and HATRED for the Southeast! Now it is Onitsha. Onuku!

The real Onitsha people know themselves.....they will tell you they are not ibos....now get lost... sad
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Okpueze1(m): 12:29am On Apr 04, 2016
StunningCEO:

The real Onitsha people know themselves.....they will tell you they are not ibos....now get lost... sad
We Igbos have no problem with that, they should leave our land and get lost back into their ancestral land. Zik was referring to their possible origin because of their cultural resemblance with the Benin culture. When you talk of the old Benin city, you should bear in mind that it was surrounded by a city wall before it's conquest in the 1890's. Is the present land inhabited by the onitsha people part of the Benin city? Get lost zombie, your inherent hatred for the Igbos will not fetch you anything but constant pain and pain!

9 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by StunningCEO: 12:39am On Apr 04, 2016
Okpueze1:

We Igbos have no problem with that, they should leave our land and get lost back into their ancestral land. Zik was referring to their possible origin because of their cultural resemblance with the Benin culture. When you talk of the old Benin city, you should bear in mind that it was surrounded by a city wall before it's conquest in the 1890's. Is the present land inhabited by the onitsha people part of the Benin city? Get lost zombie, your inherent hatred for the Igbos will not fetch you anything but constant pain and pain!

I have no hate for ibos but just saying da truth... cool
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:51am On Apr 04, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Okpueze1(m): 12:58am On Apr 04, 2016
StunningCEO:

I have no hate for ibos but just saying da truth... cool
Which truth? Define 'da truth' for me. See what an inherited hatred can cause in a human being. You are a good person as I can see, you are just voicing out what your hate masters fed you. It's either you repent of your seeming hatred and free your mind or you keep the pains all to yourself. Sorry for calling you a zombie, one love.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:59am On Apr 04, 2016
Okpueze1:

Oboy ignore the boy he is just seeking for attention, let him kindly tell Oba of Benin to scrap Delta state out of the map and cross Niger to claim Onitsha.

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by raker300: 1:03am On Apr 04, 2016
post=44385143:

Oboy ignore the boy he just seeking for attention, let him kindly tell Oba of Benin to scrap Delta state out of the map and cross Niger to claim Onitsha.
I dunno these people can get sucked into an insane man's world. The dude is obviously deluded and seeking attention and they're giving it to him...its like discussing with a mad person, it's painful to watch.

They just want to feel important by talking to igbos

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by StunningCEO: 1:10am On Apr 04, 2016
Okpueze1:

Which truth? Define 'da truth' for me. See what an inherited hatred can cause in a human being. You are a good person as I can see, you are just voicing out what your hate masters fed you. It's either you repent of your seeming hatred and free your mind or you keep the pains all to yourself. Sorry for calling you a zombie, one love.
grin grin grin...the truth is that onitsha is a Benin satellite town founded by them but due to proximity...the ibo migrants are plenty...and claiming this historic town,.....it's very shameful...smh...
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:10am On Apr 04, 2016
Onitsha business school Web address
http://www.onitshabusinessschool.com/

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Okpueze1(m): 1:19am On Apr 04, 2016
StunningCEO:

grin grin grin...the truth is that onitsha is a Benin satellite town founded by them but due to proximity...the ibo migrants are plenty...and claiming this historic town,.....it's very shameful...smh...
You must be a joker. Let me free you. Your chains are still strong since you have the audacity to call us, the Igbos migrants in our land. Go and read and prepare well for your junior WAEC, smalli.
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by Nobody: 1:41am On Apr 04, 2016
Am impressed with the pics.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by compoundcc: 2:08am On Apr 04, 2016
Those Hollywood films are not been shoot from lagos.
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by hardbody: 6:21am On Apr 04, 2016
I love the pictures. I am impressed. I have not passed onitsha recently by road as I over fly the town. I am very impressed to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by EZENDDIGBO(m): 7:10am On Apr 04, 2016
Okpueze1:

you spoken my heart grin let the benin people come and claim it. We invaded their lands in the 60s and we can still do dat again. grin

Na joke o. cheesy
Re: Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos by EZENDDIGBO(m): 7:12am On Apr 04, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Well. Simply put, if you need big ships in Onitsha port, you have to dredge the River Niger.

If you dredge the River Niger, you will sack several Ijaw communities on the river banks.

Will the Ijaws agree to that..??.... thats the million dollar question.

How about trying to develop the Abia port. Sounds like an idea worth trying.
pls detail me more how we will sacks several ijaws communities on the rivers banks?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

6000 Boko Haram Encircled By Nigerian Forces At Madagali & Gulak / Tunde Sabiu, Buhari's Nephew Is A Billionaire At 20 - Junaid Mohammed / Man Lies On The Ground For Akpabio At The Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.